Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Should the requirements for royalty sets change?

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Dsho333

Should the requirements for royalty sets change?

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:12 pm

I've been finishing up a few royalty sets lately and it seems like sets are just getting cheaper and cheaper. Common and uncommon are usually around 1 cent each and rares maybe get up to 15 cents. Are they even necessary anymore? I know for packs they are necessary filler but should we just eliminate them for completing royalty? Or is the problem that the sets are releasing too quickly?

Hopesdenial

Re: Should the requirements for royalty sets change?

Postby Hopesdenial » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:35 pm

The royalty is sort of a reward for completing a whole set so I think it's fine as it is. The only NFTs that can be at times complicated to complete royalty are the epics.
Image Image

"We come to this place for magic. We come to funkofunatic.com to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us."

Board name origin - I was an emo singer and guitarist; I'm not trying to sound mean lol

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:46 pm

Hopesdenial wrote:The royalty is sort of a reward for completing a whole set so I think it's fine as it is. The only NFTs that can be at times complicated to complete royalty are the epics.

That's exactly my point though, the epics are now the only things that matter, you can complete all the common uncommon and rare for like a $1.

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:24 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Hopesdenial wrote:The royalty is sort of a reward for completing a whole set so I think it's fine as it is. The only NFTs that can be at times complicated to complete royalty are the epics.

That's exactly my point though, the epics are now the only things that matter, you can complete all the common uncommon and rare for like a $1.

To be honest, it's sorta always been like that. The lower tier NFTs also increases the rarity of the redemptions and could be considered fillers. It's all part of the chase and the collecting aspect. You could always purchase the royalty redemption token instead of purchasing packs or NFTs through the secondary market as well.
Image Image

"We come to this place for magic. We come to funkofunatic.com to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us."

Board name origin - I was an emo singer and guitarist; I'm not trying to sound mean lol

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:26 pm

I have no issues with the current format.

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:09 pm

Dsho333 wrote:I've been finishing up a few royalty sets lately and it seems like sets are just getting cheaper and cheaper. Common and uncommon are usually around 1 cent each and rares maybe get up to 15 cents. Are they even necessary anymore? I know for packs they are necessary filler but should we just eliminate them for completing royalty? Or is the problem that the sets are releasing too quickly?

Even though the prices for commons, uncommons and rares are so dirt cheap, AtomicHub still get's a decent chunk of $ considering just how many people have to buy them each set. It will never change.

I like your idea though. It's slightly annoying to have to manually go through and buy them all to complete royalty.
I be Chris

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:13 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:I've been finishing up a few royalty sets lately and it seems like sets are just getting cheaper and cheaper. Common and uncommon are usually around 1 cent each and rares maybe get up to 15 cents. Are they even necessary anymore? I know for packs they are necessary filler but should we just eliminate them for completing royalty? Or is the problem that the sets are releasing too quickly?

Even though the prices for commons, uncommons and rares are so dirt cheap, AtomicHub still get's a decent chunk of $ considering just how many people have to buy them each set. It will never change.

I like your idea though. It's slightly annoying to have to manually go through and buy them all to complete royalty.

There are bundles though you can just filter for it.
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

The4thCurator

Postby The4thCurator » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:25 pm

No, no change necessary.
ImageImageImage Image

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:13 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:

I believe atomichub gets 4% while Funko get 6% (that's what I've heard). So out of a dollar they would get 4 cents and 6 cents. With an average of 2300 royalty sets per drop that would be $92 and $136 respectively. Seems like a low amount for something that could be reworked to provide more value.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:36 pm

U can suggest. But its not going to change lol

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:11 am

Geescube wrote:U can suggest. But its not going to change lol

Yeah I don't think changes will happen any time soon
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:04 am

I don't think we need the changes. Part of the fun is collecting the set and it doesn't matter about the prices.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

molodamus

Postby molodamus » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:19 am

Just like collecting any type of real cards, there will always be commons/rares/super rares to complete the full set. This is pretty standard.
Time is money friend
SDCC since 2014
NYCC since 2014
Fundays 2016
Fundays 2022

fieldsy32

Postby fieldsy32 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:47 am

I loved the flinstones set! I think it’s a fair price point!
Eric, decently tall guy.

2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023 FDO
2022 Fright Night

WildBill

Postby WildBill » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:06 pm

My biggest issue with the royalty, especially for larger sets, is the tedious process of buying all the NFTs I am missing. I like the quick buy option for sets on Atomic Hub. But I rarely have all of my NFTs in my wax wallet, so that feature is of limited use. It would be nice if it could show set completion based on both my wax and droppp wallets.

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:35 am

they just droping some trash NFT if they start doing anime and marvel you will see them price going to moon
Collecting Funko : 2018
SDCC : 2018, 2023
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:54 am

dont think needs to change or just buy redemption token. Some of the redeemables go for only 30 but worth more once recieve it.

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:04 am

dont think needs to change or just buy redemption token. Some of the redeemables go for only 30 but worth more once recieve it.

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:17 am

Just because commons and uncommons and rares are cheap. Why should that change? At least they aren’t baseball or Pokémon cards - bulk unrecyclable paper goods that can fill landfills. (And I collect Pokémon lol)

This program was designed to mirror collectible card sets. I think if you change that then it changes the whole system. They would just sell NFTs then. Which kills the rush of collecting a full set.
San Diego funatic

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:54 am

Eliminating the common/uncommon/rare would also eliminate 75ish% of the cards in a set and thus make the odds of receiving a redeemable drastically different. I agree with a few others and the "rush" and "excitement" of opening packs is where a lot of the fun exists with Funko's version of NFTs.

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

FunCo010

Postby FunCo010 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:36 am

Besides most of the "collectors" go for the fysical pops, these cards are also collectibles and I love to look at these and collect all of these.
Rarity and price are always connected with eachother. So this won't change and personally, I think how it is done now is fine.
Maybe they could do a bit more with the coins.
Do a random pick or 1 or more coins and send that person a mystery-nft so it can be redeemed for a pop or pin or .....
Something like the bonus Freddy, but then with the coins.

So much possibilities to expand the fun around the NFT's.

Never say never :)
PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: FUNCO010

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:51 am

beckysaurus wrote:Just because commons and uncommons and rares are cheap. Why should that change? At least they aren’t baseball or Pokémon cards - bulk unrecyclable paper goods that can fill landfills. (And I collect Pokémon lol)

This program was designed to mirror collectible card sets. I think if you change that then it changes the whole system. They would just sell NFTs then. Which kills the rush of collecting a full set.

I agree that at least they aren't creating physical waste. But there isn't a mirror for a physical royalty set. You don't show Pokemon that you got a complete master set and you get something even more rare. Personally there is "rush" to buying 40 commons. I would get the same rush of completing the set if it was only 12 epics and nothing else as compared to buying 112 unique cards that takes time to individually go pay 1 cent each for 60 of them.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:58 am

Oatmealman wrote:Eliminating the common/uncommon/rare would also eliminate 75ish% of the cards in a set and thus make the odds of receiving a redeemable drastically different. I agree with a few others and the "rush" and "excitement" of opening packs is where a lot of the fun exists with Funko's version of NFTs.

As stated in my original post, I'm only eliminating them from the royalty set, not the NFTs completely. They would still be in packs but they would not be required for the royalty set. Yes, definitely the rush is opening packs but when you open a pack and you have 15 cents worth of NFTs. You might as well just put all that money from packs into redeemables.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:47 am

If they change the process, it’ll feel incomplete to me. Although I don’t do that great at NFT’s I think it’s necessary to keep it the way it is. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:45 am

I might like completing royalty better if I didn't have to go to another site to do it (AH) - if everything could be accomplished within Funko's direct NFT ecosystem, I probably wouldn't mind as much. Keeping track and transferring NFTs between platforms is not a fun part of the process. For me, that is.
IG: CelestialFireKitty

Hi, my name is Shady or as some would say Randi with an i

World of Warcraft Veteran & Feral Druid main

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

Very first pop - Godzilla (Burning)

I currently collect:
*Anything that looks interesting!
*Maleficent* - would someday LOVE to own a Maleficent dragon proto!
MLP - Pony Power!
Some Disney, Sonic, Godzilla & Freddys!

:mal:

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:36 pm

Shadowfyre wrote:I might like completing royalty better if I didn't have to go to another site to do it (AH) - if everything could be accomplished within Funko's direct NFT ecosystem, I probably wouldn't mind as much. Keeping track and transferring NFTs between platforms is not a fun part of the process. For me, that is.

You can use the Collection page on Droppp's site to basically do everything without having to navigate much on AH. It'll show you what you are missing and then just click and it'll automatically take you to AH for that specific NFT and show the cheapest one. You still have to transfer, but it's not too bad.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:50 pm

I like the requirements for the royalty, collect all the cards. However I feel a bit of frustration when I open like 6 $30 packs and get like 2 epics then need to go find the other 15 or whatever.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:19 pm

Valde wrote:I like the requirements for the royalty, collect all the cards. However I feel a bit of frustration when I open like 6 $30 packs and get like 2 epics then need to go find the other 15 or whatever.

Yeah that's definitely a whole other conversation about is it worth it. Recently if you only want the royalty, don't buy packs and just buy the nft/token. If you want 1 or 2 legendary, depending on them, probably just buy outright. Anything more than that, id say $120 on packs and then just buy it if you don't hit it. I see so many people saying they bought 10 premium and don't even hit a legendary or complete royalty.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:19 pm

I agree with most everyone in here. Royalty system is fine imo. I understand your point OP though. I don't mind buying the commons/uncommons for a penny. I kinda find it relaxing going on Ahub and finding the cheapest ones... lol

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:38 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:Eliminating the common/uncommon/rare would also eliminate 75ish% of the cards in a set and thus make the odds of receiving a redeemable drastically different. I agree with a few others and the "rush" and "excitement" of opening packs is where a lot of the fun exists with Funko's version of NFTs.

As stated in my original post, I'm only eliminating them from the royalty set, not the NFTs completely. They would still be in packs but they would not be required for the royalty set. Yes, definitely the rush is opening packs but when you open a pack and you have 15 cents worth of NFTs. You might as well just put all that money from packs into redeemables.

Oh totally. Getting that dud premium pack with nothing but common/uncommon/rare sucks, but that's the game! A lot of times paying for the grail straight up is more cost effective than trying to pull it from a pack, but that one time you get a grail on your second pack or two grails in one pack it has you hooked.

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:56 pm

Valde wrote:I like the requirements for the royalty, collect all the cards. However I feel a bit of frustration when I open like 6 $30 packs and get like 2 epics then need to go find the other 15 or whatever.

ya getting weak pack pulls is let down/ when get multiple same card. Pulled two of the same redeemables in retro toys.

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:42 am

IMO I’m fine with the way it is. Easy to complete and when I open packs and get commons/uncommons/rares- I at least have more opportunities to complete multiple royalties
Instagram- calebshiny

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:30 am

Stat32111 wrote:IMO I’m fine with the way it is. Easy to complete and when I open packs and get commons/uncommons/rares- I at least have more opportunities to complete multiple royalties

It just sad that most of the time commons to rares are worthless
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:56 am

The annoying thing for me when it comes to the lower tiers now is selling my extra cards - I don’t need 24 extra Adventure Time cards so I have been selling them and you literally can’t sell them for more than 0.22 Wax which equals about 0.008 cents lol
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:28 pm

scullysdad wrote:The annoying thing for me when it comes to the lower tiers now is selling my extra cards - I don’t need 24 extra Adventure Time cards so I have been selling them and you literally can’t sell them for more than 0.22 Wax which equals about 0.008 cents lol

Yeah its crazy with the drop in wax now. I might just start burning my extras lol

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:32 pm

scullysdad wrote:The annoying thing for me when it comes to the lower tiers now is selling my extra cards - I don’t need 24 extra Adventure Time cards so I have been selling them and you literally can’t sell them for more than 0.22 Wax which equals about 0.008 cents lol

That sounds like a lot of work for a fraction of a penny. At that point, keep them and hope the Bonus Freddy comes from that card. lol

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:02 pm

I'm good with the way it is. I understand for sure the amount you get back when you sell your cards compared to the $$. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:06 pm

I'm good with the way it is. I understand for sure the amount you get back when you sell your cards compared to the $$. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:23 pm

Seems fine to me. I'd rather it stay this way than them making a change that would make the market have the royalties cost more for some reason.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:42 pm

jagpop wrote:

That sounds like a lot of work for a fraction of a penny. At that point, keep them and hope the Bonus Freddy comes from that card. lol

It might actually be more button presses to burn them, so you lose either way lol
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Return to “NFT/Digital”