Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

NFT DROPS

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
deadlycollects

NFT DROPS

Postby deadlycollects » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:49 am

Hey everyone, we have been trying on these NFT drops for a while now and seems like these last couple drops its getting harder and harder to pull a redeemable. Ive heard of people opening packs at night for goodluck. Does anyone have any tips or tricks that may help in pulling more redeemables?

Oatmealman

Re: NFT DROPS

Postby Oatmealman » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:39 am

Sounds like pure superstition to me lol. As far as I know the % chance of pulling any redeemable changes with the more cards/packs in a set. So a smaller set would theoretically have a slightly better chance of hitting a legendary/grail and vice versa for large sets.

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:33 am

Oatmealman wrote:Sounds like pure superstition to me lol. As far as I know the % chance of pulling any redeemable changes with the more cards/packs in a set. So a smaller set would theoretically have a slightly better chance of hitting a legendary/grail and vice versa for large sets.

Superstitions for sure lol

The percentage of chance is based on per card vs time in which they are opened.

Serch_na

Postby Serch_na » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:49 am

There is no trick, you have to remember this drops are a raffle with extra steps, pure lucky
NYCC 2022
Deadpool - Photography - Mexican

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:57 pm

anyone that tell you they have a surefire way of getting grails/redeems is not being truthful. this isn't a system that can be cracked.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:32 pm

mongoose12 wrote:anyone that tell you they have a surefire way of getting grails/redeems is not being truthful. this isn't a system that can be cracked.

The only way is crack tons of packs
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:36 pm

deadlycollects wrote:Hey everyone, we have been trying on these NFT drops for a while now and seems like these last couple drops its getting harder and harder to pull a redeemable. Ive heard of people opening packs at night for goodluck. Does anyone have any tips or tricks that may help in pulling more redeemables?

Luck and prayer is the way for me! lol lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:35 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:anyone that tell you they have a surefire way of getting grails/redeems is not being truthful. this isn't a system that can be cracked.

FACTS!

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:17 am

IMO some drops you will have the worst luck possible- then some drops you’ll pull multiple redeemables in 1 pack. All luck. I tend to open once the opening slows down a bit
Instagram- calebshiny

lynder77

Postby lynder77 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:52 am

I opened mine as soon as they were in my inventory. 6 standard pack: picked up 3 redeemables, 2 premium pack gave me 3 more redeemables and about 10 Epics. There is no rhyme or reason to opening. Packs are not pre packed. All pulls come randomly from a pool of virtual cards. I have had really awful pulls too. Keep on collecting is all I can say.

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:24 am

Some go multiple drops of opening packs without pulling a redeemable, then suddenly there's the one drop where you pull a grail or more than one redeemable in a pack. Also gotta keep an eye on the market and see if maybe just buying that redeemable NFT is more cost-effective than opening packs (or buying the coin if after the snapshot).
she/they • ARMY | MOA

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:25 am

aprilyoufools wrote:Some go multiple drops of opening packs without pulling a redeemable, then suddenly there's the one drop where you pull a grail or more than one redeemable in a pack. Also gotta keep an eye on the market and see if maybe just buying that redeemable NFT is more cost-effective than opening packs (or buying the coin if after the snapshot).

Yeah always a hit or miss. If your unlucky with the set it's better to stop
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:35 am

Funkolotz1622 wrote:

this is the old school way lol grind it out ripping packs for days. =D>

molodamus

Postby molodamus » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:00 am

All luck. I have seen people get 2 redeemables in 1 standard pack. I haven't had any luck in the last few drops though, no redeemables at all. =(
Time is money friend
SDCC since 2014
NYCC since 2014
Fundays 2016
Fundays 2022

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:22 pm

Oatmealman wrote:Sounds like pure superstition to me lol. As far as I know the % chance of pulling any redeemable changes with the more cards/packs in a set. So a smaller set would theoretically have a slightly better chance of hitting a legendary/grail and vice versa for large sets.

I just gotta buy a lot of packs then lol

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:23 pm

molodamus wrote:All luck. I have seen people get 2 redeemables in 1 standard pack. I haven't had any luck in the last few drops though, no redeemables at all. =(

We got 10 premiums, only 3 redeemables. I always punch the air when i see people get one standard with grail and redeemable lol

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:03 pm

deadlycollects wrote:
molodamus wrote:All luck. I have seen people get 2 redeemables in 1 standard pack. I haven't had any luck in the last few drops though, no redeemables at all. =(

We got 10 premiums, only 3 redeemables. I always punch the air when i see people get one standard with grail and redeemable lol

Sometimes you win it, most of the time no LOL
Fright Night 2022

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:44 am

deadlycollects wrote:

Even those people always say “I never get lucky like this” so don’t worry your time will come!

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:40 am

Oatmealman wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:

Even those people always say “I never get lucky like this” so don’t worry your time will come!

Yeah you will be the lucky one someday
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

WestIsLeft

Postby WestIsLeft » Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:21 pm

What's the over under on whether or not there will be an announcement today? Last time they only gave us 8 days... SO.. today? or Monday?

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:43 pm

WestIsLeft wrote:What's the over under on whether or not there will be an announcement today? Last time they only gave us 8 days... SO.. today? or Monday?

I don’t think there will be, more me hoping there won’t be to save money lol
Instagram- calebshiny

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:36 pm

Stat32111 wrote:
WestIsLeft wrote:What's the over under on whether or not there will be an announcement today? Last time they only gave us 8 days... SO.. today? or Monday?

I don’t think there will be, more me hoping there won’t be to save money lol

Maybe they will do one per month now.
Fright Night 2022

Dave17251

Postby Dave17251 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:20 am

deadlycollects wrote:Hey everyone, we have been trying on these NFT drops for a while now and seems like these last couple drops its getting harder and harder to pull a redeemable. Ive heard of people opening packs at night for goodluck. Does anyone have any tips or tricks that may help in pulling more redeemables?

The only real piece of advice I can give is to avoid the drops with a huge amount of packs. Think about it. 999 grail for most but with more packs, the less likely you will pull one. Take the April Fools set as example. That one was very small and your chances of getting a grail were pretty high. I managed to get 4 grails and 6 legendaries from just a few packs. I bought the same amount of packs for the recent Stranger Things and only pulled a few epics at best. Aside from the odds, only luck is really with you. There is no other trick or timing of it.

Hot_Dog_Vendor

Postby Hot_Dog_Vendor » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:29 pm

lynder77 wrote:I opened mine as soon as they were in my inventory. 6 standard pack: picked up 3 redeemables, 2 premium pack gave me 3 more redeemables and about 10 Epics. There is no rhyme or reason to opening. Packs are not pre packed. All pulls come randomly from a pool of virtual cards. I have had really awful pulls too. Keep on collecting is all I can say.

Yeah, I do this and I have hit the very first standard pack for a grail and legendary (House of the Dragon), and then I have ripped 15 packs for PR2 and pulled zero redeemables. And actually the last 4 standard packs (20 cards) were all dupes of what I had already pulled. The RNG can be very kind, or the cruelest thing around.
I am just a simple slinger of those warm wonderful dogs! Let's ketchup and relish in the pop world together!

Hot_Dog_Vendor

Postby Hot_Dog_Vendor » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:41 pm

I will also say that with anything people who have the great luck or open the amazing packs are the ones that come out to show what they have done. But there are so many people that pull nothing from a lot of packs and they don't go out and let everyone know. There are some drops that Ibhave opened 15+ packs and pulled nothing, not even epics. But I I don't post those pictures up, because they are boring.
I am just a simple slinger of those warm wonderful dogs! Let's ketchup and relish in the pop world together!

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:01 pm

Hot_Dog_Vendor wrote:I will also say that with anything people who have the great luck or open the amazing packs are the ones that come out to show what they have done. But there are so many people that pull nothing from a lot of packs and they don't go out and let everyone know. There are some drops that Ibhave opened 15+ packs and pulled nothing, not even epics. But I I don't post those pictures up, because they are boring.

So true. It’s like the news only reporting in the bad stuff vs. the cat being saved from the tree. I have opened many packs and pulled nothing (April Fools) and there are others the that I have been super lucky with and pulled two Grail (Azreal). It’s all about the luck of the draw.

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:00 pm

Dave17251 wrote:

The only real piece of advice I can give is to avoid the drops with a huge amount of packs. Think about it. 999 grail for most but with more packs, the less likely you will pull one. Take the April Fools set as example. That one was very small and your chances of getting a grail were pretty high. I managed to get 4 grails and 6 legendaries from just a few packs. I bought the same amount of packs for the recent Stranger Things and only pulled a few epics at best. Aside from the odds, only luck is really with you. There is no other trick or timing of it.

I started just buying packs and waiting till the extras got burned just so i can have a better chance of pulling and it seems to help a tad

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:01 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:

Ive only pulled a grail once and it was for halloween 2 glad it was a good one at least lol

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:20 pm

deadlycollects wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:

Ive only pulled a grail once and it was for halloween 2 glad it was a good one at least lol

I have stopped putting into the universe which legendary/grails I want or do not want as what always comes by way is the exact opposite. For instance I really wanted the Halloween S2 Grail...well I wanted a master set of the Halloween Freddy's since I missed out on the first one. I was lucky to be able to pull all of the legendarys but the grail, so I ended up just pulling the trigger and spending $250.00+ on the NFT before the snapshot. Zero regrets.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:23 pm

Hermes wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

I have stopped putting into the universe which legendary/grails I want or do not want as what always comes by way is the exact opposite. For instance I really wanted the Halloween S2 Grail...well I wanted a master set of the Halloween Freddy's since I missed out on the first one. I was lucky to be able to pull all of the legendarys but the grail, so I ended up just pulling the trigger and spending $250.00+ on the NFT before the snapshot. Zero regrets.

I traded packs for the whole Halloween series 2. tons of packs though lol
Fright Night 2022

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:24 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Hermes wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:

I traded packs for the whole Halloween series 2. tons of packs though lol

That sounds like a solid trade! All of the Freddys look amazing!!

Hot_Dog_Vendor

Postby Hot_Dog_Vendor » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:51 pm

Hermes wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

I did all but Reaper and had to break down and buy it.

Hot_Dog_Vendor

Postby Hot_Dog_Vendor » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:53 pm

deadlycollects wrote:
Dave17251 wrote:

I started just buying packs and waiting till the extras got burned just so i can have a better chance of pulling and it seems to help a tad

When the packs get burned it doesn't change the pull rate %, but glad it seems to help you.

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:02 am

Hot_Dog_Vendor wrote:
Hermes wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:

I did all but Reaper and had to break down and buy it.

Very happy that I was able to pull him... now that I am thinking about it the one legendary that I did buy was the Phantom guy and he was like $30 at the time before everything blew up and everything became way to expensive.

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:03 am

Hot_Dog_Vendor wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:
Dave17251 wrote:The only real piece of advice I can give is to avoid the drops with a huge amount of packs. Think about it. 999 grail for most but with more packs, the less likely you will pull one. Take the April Fools set as example. That one was very small and your chances of getting a grail were pretty high. I managed to get 4 grails and 6 legendaries from just a few packs. I bought the same amount of packs for the recent Stranger Things and only pulled a few epics at best. Aside from the odds, only luck is really with you. There is no other trick or timing of it.

When the packs get burned it doesn't change the pull rate %, but glad it seems to help you.

Yeah... burned packs do not change the pull rate %... all those NFTs still exist in the pool as packs are not pre-minted.. but all the theories are fun to read. :)

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:59 am

I think it's just luck. I think some of the NFT groups have tried to speculate on this and that's just it. It's just speculation. The only thing you can control is how many packs you buy, which increase the likelihood of what you'll pull. Me personally, if I'm not going for the set (to get the Freddy Funko or whatever it might be), I'll buy less and just take a shot at getting what I'm after. That worked for me on the DC Series 2 drop, where I was after Parallax and pulled it from one premium pack. But had i not gotten that, I would have just jumped to the Atomic Hub shop and tried for one there. That way, I'm not out a ton of money and who knows, you might pull something else you can either sell or trade to get what you're after.

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:32 am

sealordbrian wrote:I think it's just luck. I think some of the NFT groups have tried to speculate on this and that's just it. It's just speculation. The only thing you can control is how many packs you buy, which increase the likelihood of what you'll pull. Me personally, if I'm not going for the set (to get the Freddy Funko or whatever it might be), I'll buy less and just take a shot at getting what I'm after. That worked for me on the DC Series 2 drop, where I was after Parallax and pulled it from one premium pack. But had i not gotten that, I would have just jumped to the Atomic Hub shop and tried for one there. That way, I'm not out a ton of money and who knows, you might pull something else you can either sell or trade to get what you're after.

Absolutely! Why I changed my philosophy and i but low number of packs and if I pull something I’ll sell for wax and buy what I need for royalty.

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:21 am

deadlycollects wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:

Heck yeah! That’s a an awesome grail to pull. My first and I think only grail was the Leonardo from the tmnt drop! Shoulda quit while I was ahead but opened quite a few after that with nothing.

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:49 am

Oatmealman wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Heck yeah! That’s a an awesome grail to pull. My first and I think only grail was the Leonardo from the tmnt drop! Shoulda quit while I was ahead but opened quite a few after that with nothing.

Yeah if you feel unlucky you should stop ripping
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

stichem05

Postby stichem05 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:17 am

Hermes wrote:
Hot_Dog_Vendor wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:

Yeah... burned packs do not change the pull rate %... all those NFTs still exist in the pool as packs are not pre-minted.. but all the theories are fun to read. :)

Did not know this....thanks for the info!

Return to “NFT/Digital”