Marvel NFT

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
fairytail081202

Re: Marvel NFT

Postby fairytail081202 » Thu May 02, 2024 4:13 am

Indeed, it's strange that Funko hasn't made any Marvel NFT yet, maybe later this year?

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu May 02, 2024 6:35 am

fairytail081202 wrote:Indeed, it's strange that Funko hasn't made any Marvel NFT yet, maybe later this year?

It will eventually happen we just need to be patient
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

movieman1981

Postby movieman1981 » Thu May 02, 2024 8:14 am

I hope if and when the Marvel drop happens cards could be sold and bought on AH. Still the easiest way

CAHLEB

Postby CAHLEB » Thu May 02, 2024 8:17 am

fairytail081202 wrote:Indeed, it's strange that Funko hasn't made any Marvel NFT yet, maybe later this year?

It’s coming. Time will fly and it’ll be here before you know it.

STARLORD_84

Postby STARLORD_84 » Thu May 02, 2024 11:02 am

I agree, with much of the commentary, it's likely in the queue somewhere. The recent NFT'S, more namely Star Wars, was very underwhelming. Presuming a Marvel line comes at some point, do something that makes everyone go, "Yeah, you nailed that one"

WestIsLeft

Postby WestIsLeft » Thu May 02, 2024 5:04 pm

movieman1981 wrote:I hope if and when the Marvel drop happens cards could be sold and bought on AH. Still the easiest way

It most likely won't be sold on AH. Disney and Star wars have been droppp exclusives, so I'd assume Marvel would be too

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Thu May 02, 2024 5:41 pm

STARLORD_84 wrote:I agree, with much of the commentary, it's likely in the queue somewhere. The recent NFT'S, more namely Star Wars, was very underwhelming. Presuming a Marvel line comes at some point, do something that makes everyone go, "Yeah, you nailed that one"

Hopefully we are waiting due to something great being cooked up in the lab =D>

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Fri May 03, 2024 12:21 am

I’d be all in on these , well at least the royalty!

Gsanch28

Postby Gsanch28 » Fri May 03, 2024 12:27 am

I think it would be pretty cool to get a Marvel drop. I think the DC ones have been pretty good and loved the dark knight drop. :freddy2:
:freddy1: " I don't know anything with certainty, but seeing the stars makes me dream"

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Fri May 03, 2024 1:42 am

With no sell out on SW and Mickey and Friends Disney probably gun shy about letting them do Marvel

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Fri May 03, 2024 2:07 am

Gsanch28 wrote:I think it would be pretty cool to get a Marvel drop. I think the DC ones have been pretty good and loved the dark knight drop. :freddy2:

Dark knight was so good, still missing harvey and noticed it had gone up in price so its a good sign for the drop as a whole

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Fri May 03, 2024 2:08 am

yamster8888 wrote:With no sell out on SW and Mickey and Friends Disney probably gun shy about letting them do Marvel

Its all about the licensing deals they have to agree with. Disney has to approve of it so hopefully we can see them coom up something that all fans would enjoy :cheers:

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Fri May 03, 2024 2:09 am

funkoldblooded wrote:I’d be all in on these , well at least the royalty!

I tend to lean more towards obtaining the royalty more than the legendarys lol

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Fri May 03, 2024 12:35 pm

deadlycollects wrote:
Gsanch28 wrote:I think it would be pretty cool to get a Marvel drop. I think the DC ones have been pretty good and loved the dark knight drop. :freddy2:

Dark knight was so good, still missing harvey and noticed it had gone up in price so its a good sign for the drop as a whole

Dark Knight was definitely my favorite drop so far - had to get the Harvey Dent one on resale but bought it before it got to the price it's at now
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
ISO:
Ezio 21 (looking for all versions - grey outfit, black outfit, blue outfit)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)
God Loki

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Fri May 03, 2024 12:49 pm

deadlycollects wrote:

Royalty’s are fun to collect now! They used to be a lot harder, due to some epics being almost as much as a legendary or more at one point

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Fri May 03, 2024 1:24 pm

kmandude92 wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:

Dark Knight was definitely my favorite drop so far - had to get the Harvey Dent one on resale but bought it before it got to the price it's at now

Lucky lol that was probably the worst we did on drop we got probably 8-10 premiums and barely even got the royalty lol

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Fri May 03, 2024 1:25 pm

funkoldblooded wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:

Royalty’s are fun to collect now! They used to be a lot harder, due to some epics being almost as much as a legendary or more at one point

Yea its more fun to chase that royalty, idk if you use facebook but everyone always looking for trades or selling missing cards so easier to compete now

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Fri May 03, 2024 1:27 pm

deadlycollects wrote:
funkoldblooded wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:I tend to lean more towards obtaining the royalty more than the legendarys lol

Yea its more fun to chase that royalty, idk if you use facebook but everyone always looking for trades or selling missing cards so easier to compete now

It really is , I’ve done a few back when the royalties were newer and was successful using Facebook and discord!

tokiyeo

Postby tokiyeo » Fri May 03, 2024 4:26 pm

STARLORD_84 wrote:Just a conversation starter really...

Is it just me, or is anyone else surprised that there has not yet been or even a rumored Marvel NFT Drop!? I find it rather strange considering Marvel holds pretty solid weight and I can imagine some pretty decent ones that could be made.

im surprised we havent gotten any yet

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Fri May 03, 2024 4:33 pm

tokiyeo wrote:

Is it just me, or is anyone else surprised that there has not yet been or even a rumored Marvel NFT Drop!? I find it rather strange considering Marvel holds pretty solid weight and I can imagine some pretty decent ones that could be made.

im surprised we havent gotten any yet

There was a rumored Marvel drop . It was on a big list of possible ones , & the others have already dropped . Interesting if it’s still in the works

movieman1981

Postby movieman1981 » Mon May 06, 2024 12:48 am

Still hunting for that Harvey Dent grail. Amazing pop

WestIsLeft

Postby WestIsLeft » Mon May 06, 2024 11:31 pm

Fingers crossed they'll do a drop this year

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Mon May 06, 2024 11:45 pm

WestIsLeft wrote:Fingers crossed they'll do a drop this year

We got star wars so marvel seems now more believable!

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Mon May 06, 2024 11:45 pm

movieman1981 wrote:

Still hunting for that Harvey Dent grail. Amazing pop

Same here it just recently went up in price, hopefully can trade up on it :cheers:

stucho2090

Postby stucho2090 » Tue May 07, 2024 8:32 pm

Kenshin21 wrote:I am surprised they have not had a Marvel drop yet. I think it will come soon. The issue with marvel that I see is there is already so many out there, but if they go too obscure or different characters, it might not be popular enough. But the opposite end is if they go with common characters, there isnt any excited around that either.

Yeah but they have so many of the other NFT pops out but they don't seem to keep making them and even giving us round 2 of some of the pops that don't sell out. I remember when NFT would sell out in minutes and now NFT packs are being burned. What happens to the pops and piece count when they don't sell out?

stucho2090

Postby stucho2090 » Tue May 07, 2024 8:33 pm

Kenshin21 wrote:I am surprised they have not had a Marvel drop yet. I think it will come soon. The issue with marvel that I see is there is already so many out there, but if they go too obscure or different characters, it might not be popular enough. But the opposite end is if they go with common characters, there isnt any excited around that either.

Yeah but they have so many of the other NFT pops out but they don't seem to keep making them and even giving us round 2 of some of the pops that don't sell out. I remember when NFT would sell out in minutes and now NFT packs are being burned. What happens to the pops and piece count when they don't sell out?

Kenshin21

Postby Kenshin21 » Wed May 08, 2024 12:04 pm

stucho2090 wrote:

They are supposed to be made to order. But with the recent quickness in shipping, the ones that are not redeemed are destroyed(confirmed through discord). The stickers on the pops are almost always incorrect. They post the final redemption numbers or you can see them on the blockchain.

dominicrosales23

Postby dominicrosales23 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:40 pm

There's a lot of hands in the pie with Marvel. I was shocked they had gotten Disney, but since it was a Dropp exclusive style, I'm gonna assume there will be stipulations for a Marvel drop as well. But also, Spider-man is their biggest selling point, and we all know how sticky the Spidey license is.

singerjared21

Postby singerjared21 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:42 pm

I think there holding off for something super nice and maybe include something’s from the new Deadpool movie

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Wed May 08, 2024 4:40 pm

dominicrosales23 wrote:There's a lot of hands in the pie with Marvel. I was shocked they had gotten Disney, but since it was a Dropp exclusive style, I'm gonna assume there will be stipulations for a Marvel drop as well. But also, Spider-man is their biggest selling point, and we all know how sticky the Spidey license is.

So much that has to happen in order for marvel to happen, hopefully we do get to see it soon though

stucho2090

Postby stucho2090 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:33 pm

Kenshin21 wrote:
stucho2090 wrote:

They are supposed to be made to order. But with the recent quickness in shipping, the ones that are not redeemed are destroyed(confirmed through discord). The stickers on the pops are almost always incorrect. They post the final redemption numbers or you can see them on the blockchain.

Seems a waste to "destroy the pops" I get it but they don't even go 24 hours selling the NFTs. The drops are usually during a work day and not everyone can get on during that time to get them if they work. Wish they would go a little longer

Kenshin21

Postby Kenshin21 » Sun May 12, 2024 11:53 pm

stucho2090 wrote:
Kenshin21 wrote:
stucho2090 wrote:

Seems a waste to "destroy the pops" I get it but they don't even go 24 hours selling the NFTs. The drops are usually during a work day and not everyone can get on during that time to get them if they work. Wish they would go a little longer

These being some of the more limited releases we have left, besides the pops released at cons and the fact anyone can see the data on the blockchain, I would think they have to destroy the ones to keep the piece counts accurate.

Lupin1

Postby Lupin1 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

deadlycollects wrote:
WestIsLeft wrote:Fingers crossed they'll do a drop this year

We got star wars so marvel seems now more believable!

I certainly hope so, that would be epic :cheers:

FunkoGoldenBear

Postby FunkoGoldenBear » Mon May 13, 2024 12:54 am

I think they could potentially go the blacklight route like they did with the Star Trek Series 1 drop. Perhaps some XMEN 97 blacklight characters since that show is amazing right now? :)

Tootall411

Postby Tootall411 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:03 am

Marvel nft I don’t think they can do because of the upper deck deal and Disney with lorcana

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Mon May 13, 2024 1:51 am

Tootall411 wrote:Marvel nft I don’t think they can do because of the upper deck deal and Disney with lorcana

What does the deal consist of? I know they make lots of agreements and licenses, hopefully can add the nfts to it lol

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon May 13, 2024 4:21 am

Both sides probably have lots of limiting factors to keep as much control as possible.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon May 13, 2024 6:46 am

Hoping we never get Marvel NFT, personally, too difficult to get the pops you want, and are too expensive. I'd like to not miss out on certain ones I know I'd want. /shrug
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:52 am

Jezter wrote:Hoping we never get Marvel NFT, personally, too difficult to get the pops you want, and are too expensive. I'd like to not miss out on certain ones I know I'd want. /shrug

Lol only way this will happen if Funko stop doing NFT to be honest. I don't think it will though
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon May 13, 2024 7:26 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Jezter wrote:Hoping we never get Marvel NFT, personally, too difficult to get the pops you want, and are too expensive. I'd like to not miss out on certain ones I know I'd want. /shrug

Lol only way this will happen if Funko stop doing NFT to be honest. I don't think it will though

Lol ok
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Return to “NFT/Digital”