ANOTHER ROUND OF CRYSTAL PONIES...NEED HELP, PLEASE!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: ANOTHER ROUND OF CRYSTAL PONIES...NEED HELP, PLEASE!

Postby Arloe8 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:50 pm

ShoMeNodder wrote:Just looked outside my front door...huge box from HT with the 3 (incl blue flu discord) MLPs....can you ring the bell when you leave something FedEx ??? It's Sunday ! No chase pieces. 19985

Nice Carol!..love Sunday deliveries..still waiting on my pre-order to show up in store. Fingers crossed for a glitter Luna [-o<
Dorian Arloe

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:36 pm

I found my first pony chase in the wild! Unfortunately I already have it lol so Stacey, you're first on the list for......... *drum roll*....... Luna! Correct? I happened to go to toysrus today for the release of some Skylanders, and there's a HT right next to it. Which I never go to cause it's like 2 hours away. And they had her. :D
Hi, I'm Michael
Total collection count: 681
Started collecting: 02/27/14

ImageImageImage

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:50 pm

WTG Michael!! You have been on a roll! Hopefully Luna makes her way across America.
Dorian Arloe

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Arloe8 wrote:WTG Michael!! You have been on a roll! Hopefully Luna makes her way across America.

Too bad I traed a unmasked Wolverine and chase Freddy Krueger for her before. :P
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Oh, I almost forgot, my brothers an evil person, he told me I should give it to him and then he'd trade it for Celestia and give it to me. Evil I tell you, evil.
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:38 pm

XXDCXBATMAN wrote:
Arloe8 wrote:WTG Michael!! You have been on a roll! Hopefully Luna makes her way across America.

Too bad I traed a unmasked Wolverine and chase Freddy Krueger for her before. :P

Good things come to those who pay it forward.

Congrats Michael!

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Congrats Michael !
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

frankusho

Postby frankusho » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:09 pm

Glad to hear that Michael!

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:48 pm

XXDCXBATMAN wrote:I found my first pony chase in the wild! Unfortunately I already have it lol so Stacey, you're first on the list for......... *drum roll*....... Luna! Correct? I happened to go to toysrus today for the release of some Skylanders, and there's a HT right next to it. Which I never go to cause it's like 2 hours away. And they had her. :D

Way cool! I am passing this one to Carol. You should be receiving a PM from her.

Thanks!!!
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

wiirenet

Postby wiirenet » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:29 pm

Hi all, I know I saw rules about newbies not being allowed to sell, but does that count for trading too? I see you all talking about a list and trading.. I have a glitter Celestia but I REALLY would like a glitter Luna. Am I allowed to ask? I could delete the details and ask for a PM instead. I can do/provide a lot to vouch for myself. Thanks!

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:34 pm

You are correct, not elegible yet to post in the Collector's Sales and the way it works here is to offer glitters to the people on the list but not for a trade but for cost plus shipping...you can, however update your signature to say something like Would Trade Glitter Celestia for Glitter Luna or something to that effect.

wiirenet

Postby wiirenet » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:53 am

I see! Thank you for politely explaining :)

Well, just to join in with discussions, I'm surprised Lunas aren't being seen around stores yet since they're shipping from HT.com.
I received my Luna, but I can see that she is banged up: has scuffs/holes/marks on her. I'm hoping they won't give me a hassle to ship back and get an exchange. Hope they don't charge for return shipping either. I would have been find to trade in store for a regular Luna, but they had none.

Also, a vent - I was very peeved with a HT employee. They had a bunch of Celestias up front, and I asked if she had more. She asked what I was looking for, and I said a glitter Celestia or any Lunas. She looked smug and kind of laughed me off saying "Oh no, we only maybe get one glitter per shipment, this is all we have of Celestia."

I walked further into the store... AND FOUND A BUNCH NEAR THE FLOOR UNDER A LEDGE! And glitter Celestia was in the back! SO annoyed the worker didn't tell me there were more, I could have missed them.

I was /this/ close to showing it to her and proclaiming "Uh, I found one in your pile back here you didn't inform me of." But I am too shy, though i was supremely peeved.

I want to call back and bug them about their Luna shipment, but I worry they won't be helpful again.

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:40 am

Congrats everyone!

@wiirenet don't return online, yes they will pay for it, but they are outta stock you will only get a refund for the pony and not a replacement, hopefully after the holidays Luna will show up in stores, but if they don't order anymore we might not see her in stores.
ISO: My Little Pony Vinyl Protos White or Color (Still searching 2023 have a spot saved on my shelf!)

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:46 am

wiirenet wrote:I see! Thank you for politely explaining :)

Well, just to join in with discussions, I'm surprised Lunas aren't being seen around stores yet since they're shipping from HT.com.
I received my Luna, but I can see that she is banged up: has scuffs/holes/marks on her. I'm hoping they won't give me a hassle to ship back and get an exchange. Hope they don't charge for return shipping either. I would have been find to trade in store for a regular Luna, but they had none.

Also, a vent - I was very peeved with a HT employee. They had a bunch of Celestias up front, and I asked if she had more. She asked what I was looking for, and I said a glitter Celestia or any Lunas. She looked smug and kind of laughed me off saying "Oh no, we only maybe get one glitter per shipment, this is all we have of Celestia."

I walked further into the store... AND FOUND A BUNCH NEAR THE FLOOR UNDER A LEDGE! And glitter Celestia was in the back! SO annoyed the worker didn't tell me there were more, I could have missed them.

I was /this/ close to showing it to her and proclaiming "Uh, I found one in your pile back here you didn't inform me of." But I am too shy, though i was supremely peeved.

I want to call back and bug them about their Luna shipment, but I worry they won't be helpful again.

Crap happens. But yay for finding a Crystal! Congratulations!!
San Diego funatic

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:28 pm

Even more glitter Celestia's, yay! Congrats! I'm so glad that we're all having such good luck.

I'm trying to figure out when I should start bugging my Hot Topic about Luna.
I'm Renia and I'm addicted to all things My Little Pony!

@RainbowrificRenia on Instagram

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:14 pm

wiirenet-As others have said, I would hold off exchanging until your local store gets Luna in. I don't think stores will get them in before Christmas but hopefully shortly after Christ,as you can exchange. I would keep an eye on the ht website and see when they pop back there. And I think if you exchange they make you pay the shipping. But I don't know if that's true as I normally return to store if I return. And congrats on finding then glitter. I'm sorry that employee wasn't the most polite. I don't think this holds true for all hot topics. The ones at my 3 local stores are amazingly nice and helpful. And I also wanted to say welcome to this wonderful, crazy world of funko ponies!

Renirawr- if you figure out when to bug stores let me know. I'm thinking after Christmas

Congrats everyone! Hoping my preorder is here soon.

Lara

wiirenet

Postby wiirenet » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:28 pm

Has anyone actually seen Luna in stores? Have they received a shipment that just sold out, or have they not? Both stores I went to had plenty celestias.

Why do many of you think we should until after the holiday? my stores told me they receive daily shipments.

and thank you for the sold out return tip! I suppose I prefer a scuffed one to none.
She has weird white marks on her neck/collar area. Is that common on these figures??

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:47 pm

Nope, the only Luna I have is from the order I made and picked up last week. I haven't seen her at all in stores, but my Hot Topic just got a bunch of Celestia in over the weekend so I'm thinking Luna shouldn't be too far behind.

I'll probably end up calling HT every day this week (except Christmas, of course) to ask about Luna.

My Luna actually has some beautiful paint work done, no noticeable problems that I can see right now but I haven't done a very close inspection yet. :) I have heard a few stories, and seen some pictures, of Luna with a broken tail, so be careful with her everyone!

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:21 pm

I have not seen Luna in store on the east coast. I was in Texas for work and saw her in store there about 2 weeks ago. Not sure if any other central or east coast funatics have seen her in store. I would think HT would do,what they can to,get these in store soon.

Lara

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:42 pm

I'm in Washington and I've seen Luna at both stores I've been to, the one store I go to a lot actually got 2 shipments in of like 3 per shipment.
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:34 pm

You can take her in to the store and exchange her when they get their Luna shipment in, can't you ? Maybe you'll get a glitter.

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:59 pm

My order for Celestia is at HT ready to pick up, man I wish I could call and eask them to check for me. lol I'm gonna be trying to trade for a Celestia before I can pick it up.
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:37 pm

I can be taken off for Celestia, I'm making a great trade for her. :)
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

Neeko48

Postby Neeko48 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:52 am

Mark me off for Celestia :D I love the manager at mine, she told me someone almost put it out, but she was like "WAIT! Gotta save it for Carissa!"
Hi I'm Carissa!

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:54 am

Congrats Carissa !

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:09 pm

Congratulations Carissa and Michael! Michael, I've never known someone who was so good at trading for crystal ponies. Where do you find all of these potential trades? I hope your list is update on the OT.
San Diego funatic

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:19 pm

Neeko48 wrote:Mark me off for Celestia :D I love the manager at mine, she told me someone almost put it out, but she was like "WAIT! Gotta save it for Carissa!"

Lol! Just like the workers at my Hot Topic. I love it when employees are awesome like that.

Congrats!

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:56 pm

beckysaurus wrote:Congratulations Carissa and Michael! Michael, I've never known someone who was so good at trading for crystal ponies. Where do you find all of these potential trades? I hope your list is update on the OT.

Well, I'm on FB a lot. So whenever I see someone trading I ask what they need, even if they're selling, I ask if they'd trade. And I have a friend who tags me in every crystal pony post. My Pop collection is pretty impressive so usually a deal can be made. :P
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:32 pm

XXDCXBATMAN wrote:
beckysaurus wrote:Congratulations Carissa and Michael! Michael, I've never known someone who was so good at trading for crystal ponies. Where do you find all of these potential trades? I hope your list is update on the OT.

Well, I'm on FB a lot. So whenever I see someone trading I ask what they need, even if they're selling, I ask if they'd trade. And I have a friend who tags me in every crystal pony post. My Pop collection is pretty impressive so usually a deal can be made. :P

One day I would love to see A pic of your collections. Congrats again. I'm not the best at trading so I love living vicariously through others.

Lara

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Kitzka wrote:
XXDCXBATMAN wrote:

One day I would love to see A pic of your collections. Congrats again. I'm not the best at trading so I love living vicariously through others.

Lara

My Pop collection is dwindling with me getting all these ponies, But I will show you once I fix up my collection, I have some pops just lying around in bags because I haven't put them on my shelf after I bought them, and I have no room for my ponies, so they're all just like face down on top of each other. :P
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

wiirenet

Postby wiirenet » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:11 pm

XXDCXBATMAN wrote:

Wow that's great it sounds like you have a lot! I have a brony friend who I think it's collecting most vinyl figures but I don't think he cares about the crystals.
I just started with my fav characters (fluttershy, discord, luna).

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:28 pm

wiirenet wrote:
XXDCXBATMAN wrote:

Wow that's great it sounds like you have a lot! I have a brony friend who I think it's collecting most vinyl figures but I don't think he cares about the crystals.

I'm pretty much only getting the crystals right now, once I finish those I'll get the regulars, then the rest of the minis.
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:00 pm

wiirenet wrote: Wow that's great it sounds like you have a lot! I have a brony friend who I think it's collecting most vinyl figures but I don't think he cares about the crystals.

I have a friend like that. She's collecting the vinyls, but she doesn't want any of the glitters so whenever she gets one, she trades me for a regular vinyl. It works out pretty well. \:D/

I almost didn't start collecting the glitter ones until I got a glitter Octavia in my order. It was all downhill from there...

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:12 pm

The glitters are strangely addicting. I have my glitters up on a high shelf. I am can't reach them without help. So when my husband isn't hoke I can only look at them from afar. My regulars are lower but this is by design. My friends' have little girls about 6-8 and they love my ponies. I can't resist the little face asking me if they can play with them. I usually say okay to the regulars but not my glitters. If the kiddos see that even I can't reach them then they won't ask to see them.

I do love how pony fans either really love and collect the glitters or actually hate them.

Lara

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Yeah, it really is a love/hate thing in the fandom.

I love the glitters and I'm very glad I started collecting them alongside the regular ones. Then again, I just love collecting anything MLP, haha! I don't really have room for all of the Funko figures right now, so my glitters are all boxed up and the regular ones are sitting on a shelf in the living room. Once we get a house next year, I plan on having a room dedicated to nothing but ponies. Then I can finally have my Funko pony shelves!

wiirenet

Postby wiirenet » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:26 am

I'll be honest, I'm a MLP fan, and I've seen the glitter ponies around online, but I too didn't really care for them. No offense meant, just discussing :) They just didn't appeal to me UNTIL I saw photos of glitter Luna. She just makes sense being glittery. And her body looks like a cool dark blue, right? Even looking at my Celestia - she doesnt look that great to me. Her body looks washed out and not an appealing hue. I just want glitter Luna!

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:18 am

Something about only having a few glitter ponies and not the rest bothered me, but I think it bothered my fiance more. lol He's usually the one searching on eBay if I'm unable to get one in the store, or make a trade for one, etc. So even though none of the stores here have Luna yet, thus not giving us a chance to hunt for her glitter, he's been checking eBay just in case.

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:33 pm

I just received a PM from case. He said he picked up a glitter spitfire! I'm sending Tabby a PM to see if she is interested.

Thanks Steve!
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:43 pm

I have a question about the list...

Say someone finds a glitter Big Mac and the first person on the list who needs Big Mac gets it, then someone else finds an extra glitter Twilight and the person who just got Big Mac also needs Twilight (and is first on the list for needing her). Do they get the first chance at Twilight as well? Just curious as to how the list works, exactly.

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:55 pm

I believe that's exactly how it works, it's a plus for being a member longer. :p
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

Return to “Vinyl”