Disney Mystery Minis Heroes vs Villains

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Disney Mystery Minis Heroes vs Villains

Postby NightmareMermaid » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:56 pm

WickedWonderland wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:Funko isn't purposely ignoring Hans. Disney is the one making the call as to whether Hans is included or not.

Why would they leave him out? I don't even like Frozen and that seems like a silly thing to do as everything with that on it seems to sell like mad, so it isn't like he wouldn't sell.

I don't know the exact reason(s) as to why they are leaving him out, but this isn't the first time that Disney has made sure that he wasn't included when it comes to Funko or other companies as well. Funko has had concept art for a Hans Pop! for quite some time, but two series of Frozen Pop!s have been released and yet Hans hasn't been made.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:11 pm

missauru wrote:I'll send you mine if I get them then! There are such better sets that could've been included. Especially that Hercules and hades

Thanks! I agree though, there are slightly better options out there.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Maserati777

Postby Maserati777 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:23 pm

No offense but Heimlich is about the only hero I really want from the set...and I didn't even like A Bugs Life. Maybe it's because he's not frowning.

The others are cool though I think the villains look better since they are supposed to be angry. I'd take a happy Jasmine over this angry Jasmine so hopefully some of these are in future Disney sets.

If I had my pick I'd take Anna and Marshmellow out and put in Patch and Cruella De Vil.

tinkerbell055

Postby tinkerbell055 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:09 pm

I'm excited about the HT exclusive ones, but IA that there have been a lot of missed opportunities with this set. I'm sick of Frozen, and I hope Disney doesn't force Funko to include them in every mini series going forward. They got their own series for crying out loud; do we really need more? That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd wave of heroes vs. villains, and I would love to see Herc/Hades and Robin/Prince John make the cut. ;)

kitkats_mommy

Postby kitkats_mommy » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Any news on release dates yet?
I'm Josie, super uber nerd here!! Collector of Funko, Pins and Patches. Self Proclaimed Loungefly Ambassador/Guru lol Funko's Funatic of the week 6/17/15. The United Funko Family Founder. Check out my Insta @Loungefly._.Addict

rkwo

Postby rkwo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:18 am

Got mine today!
Rodney Image

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:29 am

Did you order a case?
Marty
Funklub member #1093

rkwo

Postby rkwo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 am

Yep, got a case of them. I'm still in the process of cleaning up and trying to make space for the minis, so it might take a while before I crack open the case.
Rodney Image

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:41 am

Keep us updated!
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:09 am

Glad to hear these are appearing!
Got Pixie Dust?

Milotti

Postby Milotti » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:19 pm

They should make a pixar specific heroes vs villains! That probably would've been better than stuffing Heimlich vs Hopper among Disney classics and Frozen lol.

SilverMonkey

Postby SilverMonkey » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:45 pm

Milotti wrote:They should make a pixar specific heroes vs villains! That probably would've been better than stuffing Heimlich vs Hopper among Disney classics and Frozen lol.

Woody vs Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear
Buzz vs Zurg
Mike / Sulley vs Randall
Dug vs Beta or Gamma (From Up)
Mr Incredible vs Syndrome
Vanellope vs King Candy
Nemo vs Bruce
Merida vs Mor'du

missauru

Postby missauru » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:47 pm

o0o0o0o Merida needs a mini!!
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:36 pm

I NEED a Vanellope Mystery Mini.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

Maserati777

Postby Maserati777 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 am

I think Boo vs Randall would be better. Or maybe Boo vs Henry J. Waternoose.

Milotti

Postby Milotti » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:09 am

Definitely either Sulley or Boo versus Randall, as they were the ones actually fighting him haha. Also: Carl vs Muntz, Wall-E vs Auto (ok Auto might be hard lol), Remy vs Anton Ego or Skinner. I don't know if Inside Out has a villain though, I guess we'll see! All your ideas are great SilverMonkey.

Elkkthunder

Postby Elkkthunder » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:59 pm

Post some box layouts

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:11 pm

SilverMonkey wrote:
Milotti wrote:They should make a pixar specific heroes vs villains! That probably would've been better than stuffing Heimlich vs Hopper among Disney classics and Frozen lol.

Woody vs Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear
Buzz vs Zurg
Mike / Sulley vs Randall
Dug vs Beta or Gamma (From Up)
Mr Incredible vs Syndrome
Vanellope vs King Candy
Nemo vs Bruce
Merida vs Mor'du

As much as I love Wreck-It-Ralph it isn't pixar, so it shouldn't go in the pixar heros vs villains box, but it could take place of Frozen in the disney one and I would be happy.

Capt Hook

Postby Capt Hook » Sat May 02, 2015 4:37 pm

Well I got two of the new Hero vs Villians and not to happy of who I got I wanted Anna & Marshmallow and these are the 2 that I got.

I'm not even a Rapunzel fan or a Lion King fan.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sat May 02, 2015 4:58 pm

That Simba though. Love the sculpt.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Capt Hook

Postby Capt Hook » Sat May 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Besides Anna & Marshmallow the others I really wanted are Peter Pan, Hook, Hopper & Himlick from Bugs Life. Don't really like the face on Ariel and Jafar just looks weird looking. I'm also not a fan of Stitch so don't want him or that other that is with him.

SilverMonkey

Postby SilverMonkey » Sat May 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Simba looks evil!

moresynthplease

Postby moresynthplease » Sun May 03, 2015 12:29 am

Anyone get a non HT case? If yes, please post a case layout. Need that Hook! :)

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Sun May 03, 2015 12:17 pm

I'm sorry, but how can you not like Lion King? Frozen has corrupted people from good movies.

missauru

Postby missauru » Sun May 03, 2015 12:26 pm

That samba looks amazing! I love him :D
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

Capt Hook

Postby Capt Hook » Sun May 03, 2015 12:47 pm

WickedWonderland wrote:I'm sorry, but how can you not like Lion King? Frozen has corrupted people from good movies.

I just didn't like it. It was boarding to me like most of the Pixar movies that Disney has done. The only Pixar movies that I like are. Bugs Life, Monsters Inc. & Ratatoie. UP was disapointed in Cars & Cars 2 where ok not that great like everybody says it was. All Toy Stories movie was boarding and stink in my book. Didn't see the others cause the pre-view made them look stuipe so that is why I haven't seen them nor would I see them. Usely when I see a trailer of a movie my intrest is 100% right as like it was with Toy Story 1 & 3. Never saw 2.

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sun May 03, 2015 1:42 pm

Let me just say to begin with that my post is partly directed at you, but I am also speaking generally since this isn't the first time I've seen someone post similar statements to the one you made on this board and elsewhere.

WickedWonderland wrote:I'm sorry, but how can you not like Lion King? Frozen has corrupted people from good movies.

The same way that everyone who has ever lived doesn't like something. Everyone has different life experiences and preferences. Just because you don't like Frozen, doesn't mean it "has corrupted people from good movies". That's a very extreme statement to make for an animated movie. I am not a fan of The Lion King either, but I would never tell someone that does what you said. Everyone has the right to like what they want. If everyone liked the same things the world would be a very boring place. I realize that a number of people are tired of Frozen, but this is not the first movie that has become hugely popular and will not be the last. TLK has been out for over two decades and people still make a big deal out of it. Frozen has been out for less than two years. Eventually something else will come out and everyone will move on to that. If you don't like something just ignore it and allow those who do to enjoy it. How is someone liking Frozen really hurting you?

Just like with any movie that's been made, a lot of people spent a lot of time and energy making Frozen. They also used their own personal experiences and relationships when writing the script. To say that "Frozen has corrupted people" is a slap in the face to all of those people who worked so hard on the movie and put a little of themselves into it.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Sun May 03, 2015 2:17 pm

Well, i Just ordered a case of these from EE now that they are in stock (free shipping!)
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

moresynthplease

Postby moresynthplease » Sun May 03, 2015 2:20 pm

a99kitten wrote:Well, i Just ordered a case of these from EE now that they are in stock (free shipping!)

Yay! Please post a case layout when you receive it. :)

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Sun May 03, 2015 10:34 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:Let me just say to begin with that my post is partly directed at you, but I am also speaking generally since this isn't the first time I've seen someone post similar statements to the one you made on this board and elsewhere.

Just like with any movie that's been made, a lot of people spent a lot of time and energy making Frozen. They also used their own personal experiences and relationships when writing the script. To say that "Frozen has corrupted people" is a slap in the face to all of those people who worked so hard on the movie and put a little of themselves into it.

I was going to keep my tone polite and try not to rant, but it is comments like this that bring out the cinema geek in me and it makes me a horrible person, but I can't walk away from it...I just can't.

That comment makes it sound like anything negative I could ever say about Frozen(and I could give a detailed review about its many flaws in any relationship that is not the one between Anna and Else and the many plotholes) would hurt the poor hearts of the creators, who somehow deserve to be put on this magical pedestal for creating something and should be treated like special snowflakes. Sorry, but they opened themselves to criticism the moment that movie dropped into theaters. Yes, they put hard work in it(at least the animators did), but I am not about to bow down and tell them how grand they are.

And yes, I do firmly believe Frozen blinds people from far better Disney animated(and I am talking about the 3D animated ones) movies like Wreck-It-Ralph, which has compelling characters, an actual villain and a good plot. I am not including Pixar into this mix because I don't consider them a part of Disney even though they are owned by them.

Was my comment harsh and out of line? Yes and I apologize for that. However, I am not about to apologize for possibly hurting the feelings of the creators of Frozen because...honestly, they made billions of dollars with this thing do you honestly think they give a crap as to whether or I not I, some random woman on the internet, liked their movie? I highly doubt I am going to make them shed a single tear because they made more money in a day than I will make in a lifetime, they do not care what I have to say.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Mon May 04, 2015 12:13 am

NightmareMermaid wrote:The same way that everyone who has ever lived doesn't like something. Everyone has different life experiences and preferences. Just because you don't like Frozen, doesn't mean it "has corrupted people from good movies". That's a very extreme statement to make for an animated movie. I am not a fan of The Lion King either, but I would never tell someone that does what you said. Everyone has the right to like what they want.

And people also have the right to dislike what they dislike too...always keep that in mind whenever you want to make blanket statements about peoples rights...

NightmareMermaid wrote:Just like with any movie that's been made, a lot of people spent a lot of time and energy making Frozen. They also used their own personal experiences and relationships when writing the script. To say that "Frozen has corrupted people" is a slap in the face to all of those people who worked so hard on the movie and put a little of themselves into it.

I suppose we should crucify any critic that ever says anything bad about anything then...you know, seeing as how their job is to point out the flaws in things that other people created.

The bottom line is that this isn't the place for rants on likes and dislikes. Let's get back to talking about the toys.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Mon May 04, 2015 11:30 am

Who cares which movie(s) are "better". We are all free to like whatever we want. Saying that, man that simba mini is awesome! I didnt want to do minis but I might just have to do this whole series.
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

Milotti

Postby Milotti » Mon May 04, 2015 6:39 pm

I'm not sure Frozen really blinds people to other good Disney movies, since most hardcore Frozen fans are huge Disney fans in general! Seriously, who hasn't seen The Lion King? It has a HUGE following and some of the most devoted collectors I've ever laid eyes on (just look up "Lion King collection" and you'll see some great stuff). Frozen is definitely ultra-hyped and perhaps over-merchandised but what can ya do? The same could be said for Cars but nobody claims that Cars blinds people to the better Pixar movies. And Frozen definitely has received a huge amount of hype-backlash, as most of what I hear people say about it is negative lately. People like what they like, and hate what they hate.

Well anyway, I do hope that they release another series with more classic Disney characters! And I still like the Pixar series idea *winky winky to the Funko people*

GoldenYellowPup

Postby GoldenYellowPup » Mon May 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Agreed that Bug's Life should've been part of a Pixarized version of this set. I'd move in the Lion King, and replace that HT exclusive with maybe Hercules, BatB or even Hunchback.

Capt Hook

Postby Capt Hook » Tue May 05, 2015 7:38 pm

I just got myself another Heros vs. Villians today at Hot Topics and am disapointed on who I got. I got Rapunzel I will be trading her once I fine out if I get Anna and Marshmallow on Thursday send I order a 4 pack from EE. If I get Anna & Marshmallow in this 4 pack then I will not trade Rapunzel or her villian from the movie. Send I'm not a fan of Rapunzel.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Tue May 05, 2015 9:11 pm

Rapunzel's face....*snort* It looks like she is holding in a massive fart.

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Wed May 06, 2015 6:31 am

Hope you get what you're looking for cap!
Got Pixie Dust?

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed May 06, 2015 7:19 am

I'd be willing to trade with you Cap if these show up soon around here and I pull the Frozen characters. They're not who I'm looking for from this series anyway.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Wed May 06, 2015 7:40 am

The faces of the "heroes" are all pretty p*** looking. But considering the line is called "Heroes Vs. Villains," it only makes sense that the heroes all look pretty angry. On that note, my sister bought an entire HT case last night. Sans the one box that a HT employee bought. These figures are HUGE. Probably the largest consistent minis I've ever seen. But the detail and quality is great.

And to the haters: Simba looks absolutely fantastic in person. Hell, all of them do. But they really nailed the anger he displayed when he faced off against Scar (who also looks fantastic.)

Anyway, my sister ended up trading her Rapunzel figure for the Stitch figure that the HT employee ended up with. So if anyone pulls a Rapunzel they don't want, PM me. She's really excited to have bought as many as she did and really wants to complete the entire set. And I'd really like to help her do that.
The North Remembers.

Supernickel

Postby Supernickel » Wed May 06, 2015 11:29 am

Just a heads up, these are on HT website now. Use code N2XB40N for 40% off!
I'm Nick!

Wish List: Unmasked Boushh Leia
Holographic Darth Vader

Return to “Blind Bags”