Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
DFWFunkoHunter

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:02 pm

Love the drops today missed Stan everywhere it seems but I hope to get him in the shop when they drop I hope !

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:18 pm

Really digging all the new Soda announced today. Was a surprising mix of previously announced characters and new ones that I also must have. Hoping to find them locally when the time comes
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:34 am

mongoose12 wrote:
renardchua wrote:A new wave of Soda Reveals is upon us!!

Stan Lee
Spoiler: show

need em both, NUFF SAID! :D

I don't 100% love the design on this one, but I need both as well. Now if being busy at work would just stop getting in the way of these pre-orders!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:53 am

I like the common more than the chase, not a big fan of the gold look.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:01 am

theraven00 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
theraven00 wrote:Everyone see the image that international releases will come out with different LE? I really hope the figures are different, if not I might be getting out of Sodas if the LE isn't real and can just be increased with another "international release."

i didn't see that, but it's incredibly disappointing. but again i've been saying for awhile the numbers were largely worthless as they keep going up and up.

Funko Europe tweeted an image of most of these new releases, but the counts are different and has a Funko international logo on the can. Appears to be the same figures. So basically the LE (and common/chase) count mean nothing now. Horrible move, in my opinion. Definitely going to make me think twice about any future purchases.

Ya totally agree, very disappointed on the LE numbers now. Although still won't take away from the look of the Sodas and will make the 1st series Sodas that much more valuable.

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:02 am

Picked up Wick, Danger Mouse, Super Chicken, and Prince John on this release. Wasn't too big a fan of the Stan Lee personally so had to pass on that.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:31 pm

Sonic77 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
i didn't see that, but it's incredibly disappointing. but again i've been saying for awhile the numbers were largely worthless as they keep going up and up.

Funko Europe tweeted an image of most of these new releases, but the counts are different and has a Funko international logo on the can. Appears to be the same figures. So basically the LE (and common/chase) count mean nothing now. Horrible move, in my opinion. Definitely going to make me think twice about any future purchases.

Ya totally agree, very disappointed on the LE numbers now. Although still won't take away from the look of the Sodas and will make the 1st series Sodas that much more valuable.

I guess it comes down to this, do you collect them because you really like the figures/designs or because of some sort sense of value/exclusivity that comes with a number on the side of the can? I dig the style, funky character selection and small footprint they have, I do not care about a number on the side of the can or any sense of I have it and others do not. I am very happy to see more available to the US market and hopefully now the local mom & pop shop (and fellow Funatic) that I prefer to support can get them more reliably. The 50/50 split between USA/international was rough for the small accounts with EE, Hot Topic/Box Lunch, Gamestop, etc. soaking up so much of the allocation on each release.

The more the merrier in my mind. This keeps the fun in it and lets more people join the party.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:33 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:Funko Europe tweeted an image of most of these new releases, but the counts are different and has a Funko international logo on the can. Appears to be the same figures. So basically the LE (and common/chase) count mean nothing now. Horrible move, in my opinion. Definitely going to make me think twice about any future purchases.

I guess it comes down to this, do you collect them because you really like the figures/designs or because of some sort sense of value/exclusivity that comes with a number on the side of the can? I dig the style, funky character selection and small footprint they have, I do not care about a number on the side of the can or any sense of I have it and others do not. I am very happy to see more available to the US market and hopefully now the local mom & pop shop (and fellow Funatic) that I prefer to support can get them more reliably. The 50/50 split between USA/international was rough for the small accounts with EE, Hot Topic/Box Lunch, Gamestop, etc. soaking up so much of the allocation on each release.

The more the merrier in my mind. This keeps the fun in it and lets more people join the party.

I was trying to say this exact same thing haha

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:37 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:Funko Europe tweeted an image of most of these new releases, but the counts are different and has a Funko international logo on the can. Appears to be the same figures. So basically the LE (and common/chase) count mean nothing now. Horrible move, in my opinion. Definitely going to make me think twice about any future purchases.

I like the figures (the ones I purchase at least), but don't like the way this is being done. It feels sneaky. Obviously Funko thinks there is value in putting a LE on the can, otherwise they wouldn't (and/or would just increase count to account for international allocation instead of splitting them). It feels dishonest. I can still like the product without liking the approach.

A simple remedy would have been an international can version, if they want to separate them somehow, but still use the same LE for both (similar to international exclusive stickers). If the figure doesn't matter anymore, what's to stop stated LE Pop!s from being released with a new box variant (same figure). I'd like to get my hands on an SDCC Metallic V for Vendetta, so I'm sure everyone will be fine if Funko releases the same figure in a new box with LE 3000 for those of us that couldn't get it before, right?
Poppin'

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:46 pm

theraven00 wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

I like the figures (the ones I purchase at least), but don't like the way this is being done. It feels sneaky. Obviously Funko thinks there is value in putting a LE on the can, otherwise they wouldn't (and/or would just increase count to account for international allocation instead of splitting them). It feels dishonest. I can still like the product without liking the approach.

A simple remedy would have been an international can version, if they want to separate them somehow, but still use the same LE for both (similar to international exclusive stickers). If the figure doesn't matter anymore, what's to stop stated LE Pop!s from being released with a new box variant (same figure). I'd like to get my hands on an SDCC Metallic V for Vendetta, so I'm sure everyone will be fine if Funko releases the same figure in a new box with LE 3000 for those of us that couldn't get it before, right?

With all this being said...does this mean oversea chases will have a higher bidding rate because of the low EE :-k :-k :-k
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:33 pm

mohawkjones wrote:

that kind of response is all well and good if they weren't lying about how many they were making. my point for awhile is when you get to some of the obscene numbers of the later cans why even pretend it's limited? and now that the number on the can is a flat out lie it's even more of a question of why. the answer is simply to create the impression it's a rarity to drive up sales when no such rarity exists and is a terrible business practice from any company, but especially from a "collectible" company.

Funko used to be different, at least they did a better job of pretending the collector mattered more than the profit margin. but these last few years with the crazy high numbers, infinite restocks of previously desired pops and just lack of caring about those of us here who are more dedicated to the brand than most has shown me they're pretty much just another toy company now.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:24 pm

theraven00 wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

How are they lying about the edition sizes? They are showing them for US and international. There isn't going to be much overlap on these. Think of how often you ship things internationally, not often because it's so expensive, so why would they want to ship them back.
It seems like alot of the people are upset about edition sizes are acting pretty selfish. We have been very fortunate to live in the US and almost everything is easily available to us. The rest of the world isn't so lucky, seems an awful lot like gatekeeping to other counties for just wanting to get some collectables. Look at canada, they can't even get funko shop exclusives even though they are so close.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:30 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

that kind of response is all well and good if they weren't lying about how many they were making. my point for awhile is when you get to some of the obscene numbers of the later cans why even pretend it's limited? and now that the number on the can is a flat out lie it's even more of a question of why. the answer is simply to create the impression it's a rarity to drive up sales when no such rarity exists and is a terrible business practice from any company, but especially from a "collectible" company.

Funko used to be different, at least they did a better job of pretending the collector mattered more than the profit margin. but these last few years with the crazy high numbers, infinite restocks of previously desired pops and just lack of caring about those of us here who are more dedicated to the brand than most has shown me they're pretty much just another toy company now.

As with any growing series, you have increase the amount made so they can accurately guess demand. Sometimes they make too many and sometimes they don't make enough. Look at stan lee, sold out everywhere instantly. Had they made more they could've made more money.

Restocks are to be blamed on the specific store restocking them. I'm assuming you are talking about hot topic, but once again, they are in the business of making money. If something is worth alot, why not make more of it if possible.

I'm not sure how you determine who is more dedicated than others but that sounds like you feel entitled to something, which you are never going to get.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:54 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

How are they lying about the edition sizes? They are showing them for US and international. There isn't going to be much overlap on these. Think of how often you ship things internationally, not often because it's so expensive, so why would they want to ship them back.
It seems like alot of the people are upset about edition sizes are acting pretty selfish. We have been very fortunate to live in the US and almost everything is easily available to us. The rest of the world isn't so lucky, seems an awful lot like gatekeeping to other counties for just wanting to get some collectables. Look at canada, they can't even get funko shop exclusives even though they are so close.

How are they lying? The can has an edition size on it. Literally, right on the can (they then double down with listing the edition size on the pog inside the can). Now, the same figure is put in another can with a different edition size. Seriously!!! You think someone new to collecting, that doesn't pay attention to Funko Europe, will see the can and know that the LE is country specific? Or that the chase pog that says 1/1000 is actually U.S. specific.

I'm going to say it one last time, I could care less how many they make. Make 50,000 so there is plenty for everyone, their mother, and the dog to chew on. But don't lie about the line size.

I'll ask again, what's different about releasing new different box editions of past LE Pop! releases? Apparently now the number means nothing on the box/can, right?

And when wave 1 comes out with a new international can and LE number, I'll be interested to hear everyone justify that as well.
Poppin'

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:01 pm

theraven00 wrote:
And when wave 1 comes out with a new international can and LE number, I'll be interested to hear everyone justify that as well.

they will indeed my friend lol

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:09 pm

theraven00 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:I like the figures (the ones I purchase at least), but don't like the way this is being done. It feels sneaky. Obviously Funko thinks there is value in putting a LE on the can, otherwise they wouldn't (and/or would just increase count to account for international allocation instead of splitting them). It feels dishonest. I can still like the product without liking the approach.

How are they lying? The can has an edition size on it. Literally, right on the can (they then double down with listing the edition size on the pog inside the can). Now, the same figure is put in another can with a different edition size. Seriously!!! You think someone new to collecting, that doesn't pay attention to Funko Europe, will see the can and know that the LE is country specific? Or that the chase pog that says 1/1000 is actually U.S. specific.

I'm going to say it one last time, I could care less how many they make. Make 50,000 so there is plenty for everyone, their mother, and the dog to chew on. But don't lie about the line size.

I'll ask again, what's different about releasing new different box editions of past LE Pop! releases? Apparently now the number means nothing on the box/can, right?

So you claim to not care about how many they make, but get upset if the number is wrong, pretty contradictory.
They have already done what you are saying with star wars pops, they have blue and black boxes, one is worth more than the other (I know they aren't LE).
As for "rereleasing" LE sodas abroad, well they technically haven't been released there yet so I would be perfectly fine with them giving a real release to previous sodas. Why would I care if some in Europe has access to something I already have.
Also Funko has never stated exactly how LE numbers work, we can only assume that they mean for the US but it could be for the world. Same goes for vaulting, they can release all over the world if they wanted, there is no laws preventing them from doing so (except license agreements).

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:34 pm

Dsho333 wrote:Also Funko has never stated exactly how LE numbers work, we can only assume that they mean for the US but it could be for the world. Same goes for vaulting, they can release all over the world if they wanted, there is no laws preventing them from doing so (except license agreements).

oh come on man. if you don't care that things are limited that is totally cool, but did you really just try and make up an excuse for them fudging the numbers? "they've never flat out told us any of the rules, so they can make them up as they see fit"

simple fact is they shouldn't lie about production numbers, how that is even up for debate is just beyond me. i get it, this is a pro-funko place through and through, but loving a company means calling them out when they do something wrong, and lying to your customers is wrong.

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:21 am

Squird wrote:
Stu wrote:This is going to sound like a stupid question, for that I apologize. Has anyone got the common El Furioso Soda? I've bought three and each one has been a chase. I'm never that lucky, so I wanted to ask if there was a known production error or something along those lines.

I bought two Fruioso and one of the Spider-man Lucha. Got a chase of each. Went out and bought a lottery ticket to keep the luck rolling.

It didn't last.

That's awesome about the chases! Sorry about the lottery ticket ... we appreciate that you would have bought us all sodas if you won the big one!

We ordered a couple Furiosos just to get to free shipping (twice). In the first shipment we got 2 chases ... then in the second shipment, the first one was a common ... second one was a chase too ... Crazy :cheers:
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:23 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:This wave is one of the best so far!!!!!!!
Danger Mouse and Super Chicken are MUST GETS for me since I LOVE animation sodas.
Prince John is also a really amazing surprise, I like it. Rat Fink looks great too
Also the PX previews Joker Soda is interesting, hopefully is handled well

LOVE the Super Chicken. Ordered cases of Quisp, Super Chicken and Prince John from Beehive last night! :freddy2: :freddy2:
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:25 am

renardchua wrote:Probably the last one for this wave:

Batman who Laughs - PX Exclusive

Spoiler: show

Tried to order from my local comic book store (Ken's Comics). He said he couldn't get them :roflmao:
On to the next store. \:D/
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:28 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:
theraven00 wrote: It'll be interesting if these are international re-releases.

Not a rerelease. Pop in a box UK and many other international companies has had most of wave 1 in stock since release. I got lots of sodas this way. Pop in a box probably wants to move inventory.

I placed an order based on your recommendation \:D/
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:31 am

tgltuz wrote:Love the drops today missed Stan everywhere it seems but I hope to get him in the shop when they drop I hope !

Ditto here ... thought I'd order from GameStop, but every other soda was available for pre-order EXCEPT Stan Lee. Funko Shop it is! =D>
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:32 am

Imagery wrote:Really digging all the new Soda announced today. Was a surprising mix of previously announced characters and new ones that I also must have. Hoping to find them locally when the time comes

Did they say anything about if Canada would get the International Cans?
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:34 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:

i doubt it, probably for overseas.

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:49 am

Dsho333 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Initially, my reaction was "Wait, how am I supposed to get all of them now? :-({|= " But now, I've had time to let it sink in. Back in the day, I used to buy the "import versions" of records I really liked. I'd buy the same record from Japan, England, wherever just to get the different versions. Same music, but just a little different cover/jacket. Now, I'm looking at the soda can variances and I'm digging some of the color scheme differences.

I'm not saying that I'll buy EVERY variation out there, but I'll probably ask some INTL folks out there that get access to them to buy some cans for me here and there. I may not even open them. Who knows? Maybe just display an INTL can and a US can with the Common/Chase from either can?

Regarding QTY, if you look at the QTYs on the latest release, the US # was a little smaller than most lately; and if you add the US + INTL, they come out to "around" the same number as previous waves. Heck, Stan Lee is 18k total ... Thanos was 20k.

I've turned the corner, and moved on ... :cheers:
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:50 am

Mr Yac wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

i doubt it, probably for overseas.

I hope our Canadian friends will have an easier time getting stuff \:D/
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:39 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:Also Funko has never stated exactly how LE numbers work, we can only assume that they mean for the US but it could be for the world. Same goes for vaulting, they can release all over the world if they wanted, there is no laws preventing them from doing so (except license agreements).

oh come on man. if you don't care that things are limited that is totally cool, but did you really just try and make up an excuse for them fudging the numbers? "they've never flat out told us any of the rules, so they can make them up as they see fit"

simple fact is they shouldn't lie about production numbers, how that is even up for debate is just beyond me. i get it, this is a pro-funko place through and through, but loving a company means calling them out when they do something wrong, and lying to your customers is wrong.

Well said, everybody wants accountability nowadays except when it comes to the faction they support. The argument just given was basically, "it's not cheating if it's in a different zip code. Besides, when my wife vowed to be faithful, you have to assume it's only in the same state."

I'm done posting about it, it is what it is. A certain Mark Twain wrestling quote comes to mind at this point.
Poppin'

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:41 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Regarding QTY, if you look at the QTYs on the latest release, the US # was a little smaller than most lately; and if you add the US + INTL, they come out to "around" the same number as previous waves. Heck, Stan Lee is 18k total ... Thanos was 20k.

Great catch. and yup, noticed this as well!

Everything falls into the 20k threshold so the volumes should still be the same.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:40 am

digithor wrote:I like the common more than the chase, not a big fan of the gold look.

So of course I actually like the gold more than the common! lol
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:03 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:I like the common more than the chase, not a big fan of the gold look.

Hah, well at least you could easily make the common into a custom gold chase for almost nothing.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

mactds

Postby mactds » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:37 pm

Really excited for Danger Mouse!
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:07 pm

mactds wrote:Really excited for Danger Mouse!

I love the chase. The horns are a perfect touch. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:05 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Hah, well at least you could easily make the common into a custom gold chase for almost nothing.

Part of me thinks that's brilliant, but the rest of me thinks it's cheating. I'd have to pick a different gold, at least.

And of course, this is assuming my order from some random company I've never heard of before actually goes through and I get some Stan Soda. Why must work distract me from things I actually would rather be doing?? ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:09 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Part of me thinks that's brilliant, but the rest of me thinks it's cheating. I'd have to pick a different gold, at least.

And of course, this is assuming my order from some random company I've never heard of before actually goes through and I get some Stan Soda. Why must work distract me from things I actually would rather be doing?? ](*,)

"Some random company order"ah the fun ones, you could also put some glitter in that gold paint for some extra ...pop. lol
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:20 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

"Some random company order"ah the fun ones, you could also put some glitter in that gold paint for some extra ...pop. lol

Oh, I like the glitter idea, thanks for that!

It may be a perfectly fine normal company, it just wasn't one of the ones I've heard of / used before. It let may pay through paypal though, so I figure I'm covered through the pre-order period in case they don't come through for me. And I'll try at Hollywood when they come out, as well, and hope I get lucky there!
Image ImageImage Image

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:58 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:simple fact is they shouldn't lie about production numbers, how that is even up for debate is just beyond me.

That I totally agree with, my question is how/why do we think they are lying about the numbers? Is this all based on Pop in a Box listing a bunch of wave 1 figures the other day? Since they are the only one listing them I have to assume it's not a new production run. My totally uneducated guess would be PIAB has EU & USA warehouses and we are looking at a transfer between the 2 warehouses to move non-selling stock. I have zero intel to back that up, just my best guess since nobody else is resisting them and they have the separate domestic/international websites.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:12 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:simple fact is they shouldn't lie about production numbers, how that is even up for debate is just beyond me.

That I totally agree with, my question is how/why do we think they are lying about the numbers? Is this all based on Pop in a Box listing a bunch of wave 1 figures the other day? Since they are the only one listing them I have to assume it's not a new production run. My totally uneducated guess would be PIAB has EU & USA warehouses and we are looking at a transfer between the 2 warehouses to move non-selling stock. I have zero intel to back that up, just my best guess since nobody else is resisting them and they have the separate domestic/international websites.

Primarily because of this (note the different LE size by can type for same figure):
https://www.funko.com/blog/article/new-funko-soda-collectibles-with-an-international-twist
The PIAB is an educated guess based upon the limited run of wave 1, the distant pre-order date (why would a move between warehouses require a 5 month lead for pre-order?), and the fact many of those figures have been sold out everywhere for quite a while.
Poppin'

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:26 pm

The Soda line is selling so well, It is becoming very hard to get them even at pre-sale. :(
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:07 am

supertoygiant wrote:The Soda line is selling so well, It is becoming very hard to get them even at pre-sale. :(

Agreed. I missed the boat on Stan Lee from all of our usual spots. But I'm sure they'll pop up fine through the normal retail outlets once they hit the stores.

I can't wait to see more come out ... we LOVE collecting them so much! :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:10 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh, I like the glitter idea, thanks for that!

It may be a perfectly fine normal company, it just wasn't one of the ones I've heard of / used before. It let may pay through paypal though, so I figure I'm covered through the pre-order period in case they don't come through for me. And I'll try at Hollywood when they come out, as well, and hope I get lucky there!

I've seen a lot of cool customs that people are doing ... most recently one that someone painted The Flash metallic paint with a 3D printed lightning bolt ... it look fantastic! It's fun to paint extra commons \:D/
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

Return to “Soda”