Series 2 Monkey VS Robot Available Now

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
prudemonkey
Hall of Fame Class of 2008

Postby prudemonkey » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:10 pm

TGB - yep, same here, very sloppy indeed - for me it doesn't detract from the spastic, I just think I was expecting it to be a little better.

And for the smell, that has to be the best thing my nose has sniffed in quite some time.

THEGODBEAST

Postby THEGODBEAST » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:39 pm

b00gedy wrote:I noticed the same thing with the painting. It's also noticeable on my alien monkeys, theres areas on the body that you can notice the paint was touched up. I kinda thought this gave it a home-made ceramic feel so It didn't bother me to much. I do get what you're saying tho godbeast.

You are right!

I just looked them ALL over real good and to be real honest...quality control (if there is one) should be fired! This series is not worth $12 a pop when normal spastiks only cost $8.00 each and are way better painted!

Just my 2 cents.

TGB

SIKE_O

Postby SIKE_O » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:47 am

Well guys, I got my Series 2 MvsR spastiks today, And I must say I am dissapointed. The Characters/sculpts are great but the Paint is horrible. I take mine out of the tubes for display and they were all very poorly painted, unlike any other spastik I have ever bought. They all seem to be hand painted to correct mechanical error, but the Humans do a horrible job. Real thin layers of paint and you can see the plastic underneath, sloppily done,not staying inside the lines. then I take my monkey baker out (poison) and they touched up his whole back with a totally different shade of blue than he was originally painted in.

By far- the worst paint jobs I have seen. I hope funko reverts back to the old company/or technique of painting them. When you pay $85.00 for a set you expect quality.

SIKE-O

Augie

Postby Augie » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:41 pm

Thanks, guys for sharing that information. I'm on a low budget at the moment, but I was going to try to scrape together enough for the General and the Assasin with cupcake, but I think I'll pass.

I save those bucks for the Terrible 200. :mrgreen:

SIKE_O

Postby SIKE_O » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:49 pm

Augie wrote:Thanks, guys for sharing that information. I'm on a low budget at the moment, but I was going to try to scrape together enough for the General and the Assasin with cupcake, but I think I'll pass.

I save those bucks for the Terrible 200. :mrgreen:

I hate to diss FUNKO, the sculpts/concepts are awsome. I just feel the paint jobs were waaaay under par. I wish the paint looked as good as the other spastiks.

SIKE-O

netherlands1124

Postby netherlands1124 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:43 pm

SIKE_O wrote:Well guys, I got my Series 2 MvsR spastiks today, And I must say I am dissapointed. The Characters/sculpts are great but the Paint is horrible. I take mine out of the tubes for display and they were all very poorly painted, unlike any other spastik I have ever bought. They all seem to be hand painted to correct mechanical error, but the Humans do a horrible job. Real thin layers of paint and you can see the plastic underneath, sloppily done,not staying inside the lines. then I take my monkey baker out (poison) and they touched up his whole back with a totally different shade of blue than he was originally painted in.

By far- the worst paint jobs I have seen. I hope funko reverts back to the old company/or technique of painting them. When you pay $85.00 for a set you expect quality.

SIKE-O

I have to agree. After reading these posts, I took 'em out of the tubes and was less than satisfied. On the Monkey Baker I have, his fingers are all painted Green from the Green Muffin base. :roll: And like you guys I have many other problems with the Paint Jobs. :x I'll get over my frustration.
I just hope future Sp's don't end up like this.

THEGODBEAST

Postby THEGODBEAST » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:36 pm

Gosh...

I hesitated postin' a rant about the poor paint quality on these, however, it looks like I am far from alone on this one! :D

I hope this isn't representative of Spastik's paint jobs to come. :cry: :cry: :cry:

TGB

NESSNODDER
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby NESSNODDER » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:07 pm

I WAS GONNA BUY THE GENERAL MONKEES. BUT NOW AFTER READING THESE COMPLAINTS, I DON'T KNOW.
COTM DECEMBER 2010

I'M BLOODY CRAZY ABOUT DOCTOR WHO!

Blues84

Postby Blues84 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:11 pm

I got mine, and I agree with you guys. They look pretty bad. Maybe If I put them with the first wave noone will notice :|
"I'd be quite happy on a desert island as long as there where like..snacks." - Frank Kozik

THEGODBEAST

Postby THEGODBEAST » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:34 pm

NESSNODDER wrote:I WAS GONNA BUY THE GENERAL MONKEES. BUT NOW AFTER READING THESE COMPLAINTS, I DON'T KNOW.

I just feel jipped! $12 a pop for a crappily (<-is that a word?) painted $8 Spastik (what Spastiks usually sell for). :( :cry:

I hope Mike sees this thread...not that it is necessarily his fault...however, I am sure there is some sort of quality control with Funko and boy did they ever miss on these 6 Spastiks! :x

TGB

mateo

Postby mateo » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:14 pm

Well, I was about to post how happy I was that my series 2 came today. Then i read this post and went and checked each one. And I see what yal are talk-in bout now. Mine have been touched up with dif. shaded paint too. I can't really tell with them in the tubes, but out of the tube the mistakes are obvious.

But I still like them :)

MyRidesHere

Postby MyRidesHere » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:25 pm

Am I the only one that with all this being said still cannot wait to get my order in and have these in my collection.

itchykorean

Postby itchykorean » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:27 pm

I have to agree. The sculpt/characters are awesome; however, the paintjob is subpar. The worse ones being the Space Monkeys. I wonder if the folks at Funko switched manufacturers? On a bright note, FBR did an excellent job getting them out to us funatics in a hurry. :thumbsup:
Original Funko FunKlub Member 0004
Hall Of Fame Class 2005

BobbleheadFreak
Hall of Fame Class of 2020
Hall of Fame Class of 2020

Postby BobbleheadFreak » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:30 pm

I Still would recommend them :thumbsup: I was looking at them closeup and i could definitely agree with several of you as far as paint quality goes but having them in the cases next to all other MVR stuff, I'm happy with mine! The Generals Rock!

aKa Chris - TheUnitedFunkoFamily - HOF #81
Instagram : Fliptoyz

blackrosedistrict

Postby blackrosedistrict » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:50 am

i too was disappointed with the paint jobs. these will be staying in the tubes for sure. i love the designs..but the paint really ruins the 'up-close' experience.

i definitely don't think i'll be buying a complete series all at once again. or at least not until i read reviews. i kinda of wish there was some logical explanation to dissuade any kind of hesitation on my (or any of ours) part to buy further spastiks.

*of course i'm only speaking of hesitation. i'm in too deep to stop now! :)
Long Live Funko!

Blues84

Postby Blues84 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:24 pm

Are we going to see glows. I would like too seeing as how I missed out on the first batch. But maybe since they had problems last time they may not. :?

SIKE_O

Postby SIKE_O » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:25 pm

I have a feeling they are comming. Just wait it out.

SIKE-O

MyRidesHere

Postby MyRidesHere » Tue May 03, 2005 2:57 am

well, putting my order in tonight!

prudemonkey

Postby prudemonkey » Tue May 03, 2005 5:10 pm

and there should be no complaints on the paint quality of the glows! :lol:

gregoman
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby gregoman » Tue May 03, 2005 5:17 pm

I got mine the other day!! They glow BLUE
I'm invisible!

Blues84

Postby Blues84 » Tue May 03, 2005 7:43 pm

Whats glowing on!!!! (Very BAD Pun)

TEXASWOBBLER

Postby TEXASWOBBLER » Tue May 03, 2005 11:48 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Augie

Postby Augie » Fri May 06, 2005 4:04 am

Blues84 wrote:Whats glowing on!!!! (Very BAD Pun)

Marvin G (for glow) Gaye. 8)

MyRidesHere

Postby MyRidesHere » Wed May 11, 2005 3:03 am

Ok I just got my set and am finally getting what all the rubarb is about. The pink and purple monkeys look ok to me but like its been said i see the thin coats of paint on the poison monkeys and my dictator looks like he got into a paint ball war. hes got dabs of yellow dabs of black dabs of etc. all over. What up wit that! Still very cool designs though and I don't regret getting em. but I was like woh! when I opened the box.

wacky4wobblers

Postby wacky4wobblers » Tue May 24, 2005 1:49 am

Think I will pass.Glad I read the thread before I ordered!

THEGODBEAST

Postby THEGODBEAST » Tue May 24, 2005 1:54 am

wacky4wobblers wrote:Think I will pass.Glad I read the thread before I ordered!

Sorry to get everyone in an uproar...

It just sucks...because the sculpts ROCK, but, the paint truly SUX!!!

I wish they were factory sprayed and a little more glossy...

I hope the next run of Spastiks are MUCH better!

TGB

shannon

Postby shannon » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:32 pm

Finally ordered/received these and guess I got lucky.....everyone of them looks perfect! :D

SIKE_O

Postby SIKE_O » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:18 pm

shannon wrote:Finally ordered/received these and guess I got lucky.....everyone of them looks perfect! :D

You must have gotten lucky cause mine were seriously very poor quality.

Congrats!

SIKE-O

netherlands1124

Postby netherlands1124 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:20 pm

shannon wrote:Finally ordered/received these and guess I got lucky.....everyone of them looks perfect! :D

Oh sure, give Rick the good set :wink:

THEGODBEAST

Postby THEGODBEAST » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:28 pm

netherlands1124 wrote:

Oh sure, give Rick the good set :wink:

No doubt! Out of all them...he gets the ULTRA RARE variation within a variation...the well painted...clearanced MVSR 2's!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You lucky dawg! I bet those sky rocket in value...being as they are the ONLY well painted set out there!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TGB

shannon

Postby shannon » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:32 pm

Seriously I see nothing at all wrong, with the set I received.

Maybe it's for MAW! :D

netherlands1124

Postby netherlands1124 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:39 pm

shannon wrote:Seriously I see nothing at all wrong, with the set I received.

Well, I think a guy with a heart as big as yours, deserves the good set :)

THEGODBEAST

Postby THEGODBEAST » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:52 am

netherlands1124 wrote:
shannon wrote:Seriously I see nothing at all wrong, with the set I received.

Well, I think a guy with a heart as big as yours, deserves the good set :)

Ya, were just messin' witcha Rick...
:-D :wink: 8)
TGB

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:21 pm

My set's pretty decent. Not the thickest paint jobs I have seen, but fairly consistant. Guess I lucked out.

Return to “Vinyl”