Monkey Glows

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
phatjoe

Postby phatjoe » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:42 am

This sux....what sux even more is that it seems like very few if any board members got them. I don't mind loosing out to other Funatics.....but it sux when we all know most of these will end up on e-bay . Oh well...there's always hope.

yoohooal
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby yoohooal » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:42 am

LTJ - easy for you to say, you got a set. The rest of us got NOTHING!

creevox

Postby creevox » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:36 pm

I know these are just plastic toys, but this whole thing p*** me off.
And I don't want to hear how cool having a limited item is. Anybody that seriously cares about how limited and hard to get an item is, is somebody I really don't want to deal with anyway.
I collect what I collect because I love them, not because of what they might be worth some time in the future. This works against me greatly in my collecting. I collect Funko and Glow in the Dark items. Glow in the dark toys are usually promotional, exclusive or serious short run toys. Which usually means I have to pay through the nose for what I want to add to my shelves.

I really hate the idea of a Funko item being limited to only 48 pieces
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry, just needed to vent. Back to my normal happy self now,

PS Swobbafett Thanks for thinking of me!!!!!!!
A 38" all glow Glow Freddy would make me the happiest collector in history!!!!!
Ionraigh i Dorcha (That's Glow in the Dark in Gaelic)
蓄光

BBQ'n with a gas grill is not BBQ'n, it's cooking outside!!!!!

gline29

Postby gline29 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:17 pm

i'd really be surprised if we saw a bunch of these on ebay. there are hardcore LTJ collectors like their are funko collectors. they are not going to be getting rid of these.

and if people who were going to sell them on ebay were trying to buy them, they were dealing with the same situations that we were and chances are they did not get any either.

just my thought

whiskeylip

Postby whiskeylip » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:03 pm

I would tend to agree with gline. I'd be very surprised if we see more than a few of these pop up on ebay.
Every man deserves his dew...
Tullamore Dew

monkeyvsrobot04

message from vinnie about MVSR GLOWS

Postby monkeyvsrobot04 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:39 pm

this is the message that i'm putting up on monkeyvsrobot.net

Last nite the glow in the dark toys went up on sale at midnite, and there were so many people trying to get get there hands on them that it not only brought down our server but gliched the store software to the point of confusion, i'm sorry for those frustrated by the wait, i had no idea that it was going to be such large numbers of people wanting them. next time the server and software will be better prepared. again sorry to those people who got caught up in malfunctioning technology.

look, i know some of you are bummed out and frustrated about how the sale went, i understand.... trust me i'm a collector..... we are trying to make this right next time, it was an unexpected flood gate opening.
let me take a moment to say thank you to the people who support what i do, and to everyone who buys the toys i love to put out. BUT please i just read some of the bashing personal and otherwise and i think thats not a fair thing to do .the problem was unexpected and unfortunate and wont happen again..thanks- vinnie

MyRidesHere

Postby MyRidesHere » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:56 pm

Ok I get what you are saying, but I mean this could have been handled alot better (ltjcereal box) and talking about "next time" i'm still upset about this time! I don't care if there just little plastic toys I'm still really p*** off! maybe "next time" you could set aside a few for funKo collectors and as for this time I guess we are all losers! :x

gline29

Postby gline29 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:16 pm

Well even if everything went smoothly, chances are most woldnt have gotten any. If it worked right that would just mean the the first people there would get as many as they wanted and they would all be gone in a matter or seconds.

Atleast this way, I think, everyone kinda had a fair chance. Everyone was dealing with the same problem and it was just if you were lucky enough to get through. I think thats actually quite fair.

tagweed

Postby tagweed » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:20 pm

I thought I got myself a set of glows, I was able to get through last night and got everything ordered and my credit card charged. Then I just got an email from FueledbyRamen telling me that because of their server problems they never got my order and my card would not be charged. I figured it was too good to be true last night when I was able to get through all the server problems and got the glows ordered. I guess my regular and black and white MvsRobots won't be able to live with their glow cousins after all.
Ross

RDK
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby RDK » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:40 pm

MyRidesHere wrote:Ok I get what you are saying, but I mean this could have been handled alot better (ltjcereal box) and talking about "next time" i'm still upset about this time! I don't care if there just little plastic toys I'm still really p*** off! maybe "next time" you could set aside a few for funKo collectors and as for this time I guess we are all losers! :x

"Set aside a few for Funko collectors?" Would that really solve the problem if there were still "only 48" glows made and far more Funko collectors who wanted them? All that would lead to would be fighting amongst ourselves over who would be more deserving of these things.

The simple fact is, these were a limited edition and only a few of those who wanted them were able to get them. We all knew that going in. Should more have been made? Well, that's a different story. I'd love a gold Freddy - heck, I'd love a Freddy Pez - but there simply aren't enough to go around. When an item is limited in such a way no one is guaranteed to get one. I took my chances last night and crapped out too. Sure I'm disappointed that I didn't get one, but I don't understand the anger over this. Server problems or not, Vinnie provided a level playing field; we all had an equal shot at these.
Ray

Krusty
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby Krusty » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:08 pm

Well, I got my order confirmation, and I got a full set, but I feel crappy that so few around here were as lucky on this as I was. The sucky thing about this is, it's not like a FFD 48, like Casper, where everyone gets a random box, and then you see what you got, and some are lucky, some aren't, but everyone's happy for each other and there's no frustration. This is almost like we all had to compete for them, and in order for someone to "win", a lot of others had to lose, and that doesn't feel good for anyone.

Siswickedness

Postby Siswickedness » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:12 pm

ltjpezkid wrote:
I did get mine
I had all the same problems but was just pursistant and lucky. Unfortunatly, I only ordered one of each so I dont have any to give away. In hind site, perhaps I should have gotten a couple so that I could have shared the wealth. Now some a**hole will have them on ebay for 10x the original cost. Sorry guys

ltjpezkid,

I too made it through confirmation and referrence #, but have received an email at 4:04pm today stating the following:

not have been charged. We had very bad server problems due to all the
people trying to make orders and while you may have gone through and
gotten a confirmation email from Verisign (your credit card), our store
never received the order.

We understand frustration that results from this, and are very sorry for
the inconvience. If you do find that your card has been charged, please
email back.

FBR>

You know, this p*** me off more than not being able to get on the website. I will NEVER purchase another thing from that piece of s**t company again.

Anyone who did get though, I don't think I'd hold my breath.

Totally Frustrated,
Siswickedness

gline29

Postby gline29 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:32 pm

I agree RDK. How else was vinnie suppose to put these out. He could have sold them on tour where maybe 4 of us would have got any. They would have sold out in one stop and that would have been it. I think the way he did it was very fair.

shannon

Postby shannon » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:38 pm

My son ordered a couple sets for me and we received a confirmation. If we do actually get these, we will hold a contest for one set.

I'm glad I slept through it!

tagweed

Postby tagweed » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:39 pm

I also think the way there were sold was done fair. These pieces were there for anyone to buy not just select few so setthing some aside for a certain group of collectors really isn't right. They should have known better though that there would be a high demand for these and either had more made up or a better server.
Ross

Krusty

Postby Krusty » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:44 pm

shannon wrote:My son ordered a couple sets for me and we received a confirmation. If we do actually get these, we will hold a contest for one set.

I'm glad I slept through it!

:lol: Now that's the way to do it! Way to go, Rick!

swobobafett

Postby swobobafett » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:13 pm

yeah, i was bummed last night, but i had time to vent about it, and i came to this conclusion, if we get down to it, less than 6 people can have a complete collection. (actually probably only 1 or 2.)

well, there's no reason to whine about it as they are just toys. i have a reg set and a variant set, i'll live without the glows. maybe one day i'll get them, but in the grand scheme of things, it means nothing, none of it. yeah, FBR's server sucks and yeah, they have a sh*tstorm PR situation on their hands, but, what was he going to do about it. we all tried, and a few got lucky. we can only hope that the folks that got them will cherish them. and if a few show up on ebay, good for them too, i won't bid, but whoever wants them the most will get them.

i too have a cable internet provider, like whiskey, and luckily i had a tv with game 7 on to keep me company.

congrats to those who got in, you've got a rare piece. and i like when funko creates a rare piece, such as a 48, if they made enough for everyone, what fun would that be? we'd all get on here and say "hey, i got mine" then everyone else would say, "me too, congratulations on ordering one." all the "great scores" and "nice finds" would be gone, replaced with "congrats for having enough in your checking, savings or credit card account."

each collection is like a snowflake, they're all different...okay, enough of that, that was just stupid, :lol: but you get my point.

just my 2 pennies, thanks for listening.
Funko Funbae

CocaColaKid

Postby CocaColaKid » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:42 pm

They need a better server that can handle the demand

Solution to this problem (insert answer here) TO the lucky few that might be getting them enjoy the GLOWS. The Few The Prowd The FUNKO FUNATICS

Signing Off now
Bill
Aka CocaColaKid
Last edited by CocaColaKid on Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

MyRidesHere

Postby MyRidesHere » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:36 pm

gline - The problem was with their server and it should have been handeled better simple as that. Also you said the first ones there would have been able to buy as many as they wanted and most of us probally still wouldn't have gotten em'. Well I'd like to think I was one of the first ones there since I was at their from 8:30 on and just kept reloading the site every second and when the clock struck 9 I saw the glows added to the site and promptly put all three in my cart and went to check out and that is where I kept getting the error fail message. I wasn't trying to buy 10 sets or anything just two one for myself and one to give away.

RDK - I actually do believe that if they had done this it would have solved quite abit. Right now you got 20 mad collectors and 3or4 happy ones but if they had set some aside their would have been 24 happy collectors. the point is not even setting some aside, sure that would have been nice its just my suggestion opinion. I don't think it would have lead to fighting amongst us could just made a post and said we have 24 first 24 to pm email gets a set and limited it to one per a collector it wouldn't be a matter of who's more deserving it be whoever is in the first 24 gets a set. I think 24 would have been a good amount to go around on this board. but plain as day the site was junk and that is what really makes me mad.

itchykorean
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby itchykorean » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:42 pm

got an email from FBR saying i won't be getting the lonely 1 i was able to place an order for. it was extremely frustrating last night, but i'll get over it. GO 'STROS!!!
Original Funko FunKlub Member 0004
Hall Of Fame Class 2005

mrcory5000

Postby mrcory5000 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:53 pm

www.monkeyvsrobot.net wrote: Last nite the glow in the dark toys went up on sale at midnite, and there were so many people trying to get get there hands on them that it not only brought down our server but gliched the store software to the point of confusion, i'm sorry for those frustrated by the wait, i had no idea that it was going to be such large numbers of people wanting them. next time the server and software will be better prepared. again sorry to those people who got caught up in malfunctioning technology.

supermonkey

Postby supermonkey » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:26 pm

I have absolutely nothing against Vinnie, or FBR, I just have a problem with the way this all went about. We all knew that having a specific release time was going to be pure chaos, so if they had been descreetly put up for sale with a 1-set per person limit at a random, unknown point in time, the results would possibly not have been so catastrophic for us.

I know they're just toys, but that doesn't make the experience any easier. Let's be honest: we're here because we love Funko, their products, their people, their funatics, etc. And when there's something "untouchable" like this, and there's nothing to do about it, it's pretty damn tough to deal with! So I don't have a glow set... big whoop. There's a lot of things I will never have (Funko and otherly), but I was hoping this would be one of those "happy endings" we all want.

But just to sum it all up...
Am I p*** I didn't get a set? No, not really.
Am I frustrated? Yeah, I am.
Do I still like LTJ/FBR? Heck yeah! Vinnie is one cool dude, and his music/other stuff has gotten me through a hell of a lot.
Do I still love Funko? OF COURSE!! That will never change (especially over something like this). In the long run, this isn't really something to get totally bent over about, just something to try and improve later on.

Peace,
-- Jon
C'est l'histoire d'un mec qui tombe d'un immeuble de cinquante étages au fur et à mesure de sa chute il se répète sans cesse pour se rassurer:

"Jusqu'ici tout va bien..."

Mais l'important, c'est pas la chute -- c'est l'atterrissage.

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:10 am

I am glad that obtaining these guys were not a "must have" for me. I only wanted the science guy, but tried to get a full set so I could offer them to someone else.

as for this..........www.monkeyvsrobot.net wrote:
Last nite the glow in the dark toys went up on sale at midnite, and there were so many people trying to get get there hands on them that it not only brought down our server but gliched the store software to the point of confusion, i'm sorry for those frustrated by the wait, i had no idea that it was going to be such large numbers of people wanting them. next time the server and software will be better prepared. again sorry to those people who got caught up in malfunctioning technology.

There won't be a next time for me.

I too do not buy their lame-ass excuses.

If I were to have excuses for bad customer service to any one of the 70 branches I support at work...............well I would not be working there anymore.

Just my :twocents:

:wave: FBR Server
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

Otto13

Postby Otto13 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:15 am

Vinnie is a stand-up collector. :thumbsup: He has e-mailed me (and others I assume) and he has offered "1,000 apologies." Vinnie is so beyond having to do that...In his world we are little fish but you gotta love the fact that he's a collector to the bone!

Can he help it that Less Than Jake has a following bigger than us? Nope! Granted the site is weak and I didn't get them "oh, so sweet pieces"...but the guy is stand-up and I hope to one day see Mike on bass :bass: and Vinnie :drummer: dueling with Shannon :drummer: ...a guy can dream can't he?

So some little hacker blowing out his ear drums to the latest LTJ CD got my hard to find pieces...I am old, and slow, and happy to have had the opportunity! Now my goal is to get me them pieces for Less Than $50 for the set....THAT'S COLLECTING BABY!

One last thing...Quit being pussies and go see LTJ in concert! I did! :thumbsup:
New York ....................................Paris...............................Chula Vista

RDK

Postby RDK » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:25 am

I'm with Otto - Vinnie doesn't owe anyone any apologies. This was the fairest way for everyone - Funatics and LTJ-atics - to get a shot at these. Frankly, I'm a bit dismayed by what seems a sense of entitlement on the part of some of us...
Ray

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:36 am

gline29 wrote:I agree RDK. How else was vinnie suppose to put these out. He could have sold them on tour where maybe 4 of us would have got any. They would have sold out in one stop and that would have been it. I think the way he did it was very fair.

How else? On a server that works might be nice :)
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

Siswickedness

Postby Siswickedness » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:47 am

cliffd64 wrote:
gline29 wrote:I agree RDK. How else was vinnie suppose to put these out. He could have sold them on tour where maybe 4 of us would have got any. They would have sold out in one stop and that would have been it. I think the way he did it was very fair.

How else? On a server that works might be nice :)

I gotta agree with Cliff on this one. I'm not p*** that I didn't get the pieces, just p*** that the server sucked. I would have been mildly disappointed that the pieces were sold out, but it would have been MY fault for not logging on quicker. The way I see it, they had to have known this was going to happen from past experiences.

Again, not p*** off about how or the way it was handled, just the lame a** server.

Siswickedness

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:47 am

I do not have any problems with Vinne, after all he created a toy that we all wanted. My hat is of to him and he owes NO ONE any apologies. My disappointment is wih FBR and their server. Let's face it, "technical difficulties" suck and they made this experience suck for me.

I have also been to an LTJ concert, it was quite an experience!

yoohooal

Postby yoohooal » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:08 am

kevinbuddha wrote:
"I have also been to an LTJ concert, it was quite an experience!"

Me too - them boys is LOUD!

gline29

Postby gline29 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:28 am

The thing is Vinnie didnt have another server to put it on. He used what he had.

I dont know if any of you have ever read his journal over at FBR, but by the sounds of it, he is one busy guy. I mean, come on, hes in a sweet band and is touring and stuff, runs a record company, and now a toy company to boot. He didnt have to make these toys. He did it for the collector, which means stuff is limited and not everyone is going to be able to get them. He is a collector himself and in his emails, when a new limited LTJ thing is coming out, he talks about how he makes the collector nerds sweat and makes them nervous and go crazy. He understands collectors and he knows that it can get frustrating. And understands how its part of the game.

As for all of you that say you will not be ordering from FBR ever again. I have to say that makes me happy. Means the next time, when the server will work better (I believe him), there will also be less people on it. :D

I'd also like so thank Vinnie for coming on here and apologizing for what happened. I say I forgive him and cant wait for monkey vs. robot series two :_r

grapplingpunk

wooahhh

Postby grapplingpunk » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:06 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:I do not have any problems with Vinne, after all he created a toy that we all wanted. My hat is of to him and he owes NO ONE any apologies. My disappointment is wih FBR and their server.

Thats quite an oxymoron since Fueled By Ramen is Vinnie.

I never got any either but i'm sure i can live without them. I scored a couple of LTJ shirts instead for my collection which too are limited.

It seems everytime Vinnie tries to do something people come on here and knock him down for it. It was the same with the cereal boxes. As i said then FBR isn't some huge multi national corporation so why should they have a site that can handle huge traffic when it's not needed. Hell even ticketmaster etc crashes when they have hot deals. Try getting tickets for the glastonbury festival and there's 120,000 of them but you've probably got more chance of getting monkey glows.

Like Vinnie always says he likes to make the collector nerd sweat and no doubt it gave him a great thrill watching everyone squirm in the rush for the glows. And you can't tell me that those trying to get them didn't feel the rush of adrenaline at the clock approached midnight (or 5am in my case).

Anyway rant over.

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:28 pm

You know it get very tiring to express your disappointment with something and have people get down your throat about it.

I was not the only one here who expressed their disappointment.

swobobafett

Postby swobobafett » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:02 am

disappointing, yes, mad about it, not any longer. i can live without them...count funkula is more important to me.
Funko Funbae

MyRidesHere

Postby MyRidesHere » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:39 am

I was mad as heck after and will be bummed for awhile but I have let my anger go. You know the next day I went into the room where all my wobblers are and I looked at the spots that I had left open for the glows and that made me really upset, but then I let my eyes drift to the rest of my collection and saw all the other great pieces that I have been able to aquire and I just couldn't stay mad. I just thought, wow FunKo has put out tons of really cool neat pieces and I am so lucky to have the ones that I do. Yea, I could stay mad forever, but what would that accomplish my anger won't make the glows appear and I'd only be hurting myself. So when the glows do cross my mind and the whole frustrating situation I just step back and look at the big picture in a collecting sense. That's all

RiotCityHoods

Postby RiotCityHoods » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:21 am

kevin's got a good point...while i MIGHT disagree that's not really the point. it seems that on the board its apparently fair game to say what somebody is FEELING isn't RIGHT...which to me is INSANE. how can somebody else's feeling not be right?
www.circuspunks.com - Fresno Circus Punk Family! F14!

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:50 pm

I have no anger towards anyone over the LTJ spastik plastiks. The Funko wobblers will always be first and foremost for me. The spastiks are not even secondary for me. I simply wanted a glow science guy for myself. If I had got the other two I would hav esold them at cost to another board member who really wanted them. I Did not get the toys......over it.........not a large deal.

Everyone else was posting their experiences with FBR and expressing their thoughts and opinions......so I thought I would express mine too. Guess I thought wrong.

As long as Funko keeps producing toys for LTJ, the Funko collectors are gonna "battle" aginst the LTJ collectors to obtain them. That is a simple fact. Perhaps we should all just get along and not criticize each other. Maybe we could even be allowed to express our disappointment with a websites server and not have to take any sh*t for it?

I don't know, just a thiught?

BobbleheadFreak
Hall of Fame Class of 2020
Hall of Fame Class of 2020

Postby BobbleheadFreak » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:31 pm

Kevin :thumbsup: Felt the same way but was over it once i saw some new qee so i used the money that i was going to use for the glows to buy me some qee.. Cant wait for Funkula :D

aKa Chris - TheUnitedFunkoFamily - HOF #81
Instagram : Fliptoyz

wizeguy
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby wizeguy » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:49 pm

Which Qees did you get Chris?

I used the money that was saved for the MvRs and just got the Obey Subversion 2 bear Qee and some posters...

This is one that I picked up...

tagweed

Postby tagweed » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:16 pm

I am going to use the money i would have used on glow mvsr and get some other funko stuff
Ross

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:55 am

I already used the money to buy a Cap'n Crunch bank and a Jean Lafoote bank off EBAY. I cannot wait to get them to add to my small collection of character banks.

Return to “Vinyl”