Monkey Glows

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
Baystate

Postby Baystate » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:16 am

cliffd64 wrote:I have them in my cart but am getting bumped out in the payment confirmation........

Me to Cliff
well I give up
Baystate

RDK
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby RDK » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:17 am

wizeguy wrote:i think i am just going to wait... i am guessing that once they are in your checkout bag, then they are secured????

Anyone have the same feeling????

not necessarily. Depends on how their checkout program is configured...
Ray

wizeguy
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby wizeguy » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:17 am

i wonder how long it will be till we see a whole set on thee bay!

creevox

Postby creevox » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:18 am

As I predicted, I couldn't even log onto their site with my internet connection.
I just don't understand why they would only make 48 sets. If they made 150 they would sell out just as fast and more funatics wouldn't be frustrated once again!!!!!!!!!
A 38" all glow Glow Freddy would make me the happiest collector in history!!!!!
Ionraigh i Dorcha (That's Glow in the Dark in Gaelic)
蓄光

BBQ'n with a gas grill is not BBQ'n, it's cooking outside!!!!!

gregoman
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby gregoman » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:19 am

i feel like vomitting :?
I'm invisible!

swobobafett
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby swobobafett » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:20 am

bernie, if i ever checkout, you can buy my set, you'd appreciate them more than i would.
Funko Funbae

wizeguy
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby wizeguy » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:20 am

if i get a set.... whos gonna trade me the 3 for a glow count chocula!!!

:wink:

yeah... thought not!

itchykorean
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby itchykorean » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:20 am

I give up. :?
Original Funko FunKlub Member 0004
Hall Of Fame Class 2005

gregoman

Postby gregoman » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:21 am

DIE GOW BAY
I'm invisible!

RDK

Postby RDK » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:24 am

I guess I'll find out tomorrow...

'Night all!
Ray

mateo

Postby mateo » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:25 am

NEVER DIE

GOW BAY :P

BobbleheadFreak
Hall of Fame Class of 2020

Postby BobbleheadFreak » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:26 am

THIS IS FRUSTRATING! :?

aKa Chris - TheUnitedFunkoFamily - HOF #81
Instagram : Fliptoyz

mateo

Postby mateo » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:27 am

25 funatics on the site right now...let's go chat about how stressfull this is :cry:

swobobafett

Postby swobobafett » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:27 am

well, i'm giving up, because i have to work tomorrow. sorry bernie, i tried for ya!
Funko Funbae

uub

Postby uub » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:32 am

This is very frustrating, I stayed up for this, and I have to be up in 5.5 hours to go to work. Ugh!!!

swobobafett

Postby swobobafett » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:40 am

ugh!
Funko Funbae

ltjpezkid

Postby ltjpezkid » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:41 am

I was on the second the clock struck midnight and it is now 12:40, so it took me exactly 40 min to get these. But I have them and thats all that matters. I am going to bed. Hope everthign works well for everyone else
The Wünderland War has begun quietly, we are waging a war

shugarbear

Postby shugarbear » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:43 am

oh well we all knew that chances of getting these would be slim and slimer :lol:
Last edited by shugarbear on Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

supermonkey

Postby supermonkey » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:43 am

Congrats, y'all. It's been 60 minutes for me, still waiting... :x
C'est l'histoire d'un mec qui tombe d'un immeuble de cinquante étages au fur et à mesure de sa chute il se répète sans cesse pour se rassurer:

"Jusqu'ici tout va bien..."

Mais l'important, c'est pas la chute -- c'est l'atterrissage.

swobobafett

Postby swobobafett » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:45 am

what a bunch of crap, i get all the way through, and one of the glows is out of stock. i had that in my cart! great server!
Funko Funbae

supermonkey

Postby supermonkey » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:48 am

I wanted the Monkey Assassin so badly! ??Por que, dios, POR QUE??
C'est l'histoire d'un mec qui tombe d'un immeuble de cinquante étages au fur et à mesure de sa chute il se répète sans cesse pour se rassurer:

Mais l'important, c'est pas la chute -- c'est l'atterrissage.

sputterbutt

Postby sputterbutt » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:50 am

Yup, same here.

Had a set in the cart, now outta stock. That blows.

What would Robert1313 say to the FBR site........

:evil: :evil:

mateo

Postby mateo » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:09 am

all sold out :cry:

RDK

Postby RDK » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:11 am

I finally got through to the "my account" page and the order I (hoped I) placed doesn't show up, so it looks like I crapped out too... :x
Ray

MyRidesHere

Postby MyRidesHere » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:12 am

OK, at this point I am really, really angry! I can't believe this. Now I knew these we're gonna be tough to get but I had it in my mind that if i;m there at 9pm sharp I would get a set. This is really upsetting to me! Not only do I miss the end of game 7, but I have to put up with this stupid server error message for an hour! This really stinks. Look fowrd to these since we heard about em then paitently and excitedly waited for the 20th to drop. And it looks like most of us are walking away empty handed! :x bloody heck! this is maddening and frustrating and all of the above. Now excuse while I go throw something! :x

wizeguy
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby wizeguy » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:20 am

I CALL SHENANIGANS!!!!!!!!!

BS!!!!!!!!

like you guys, i had all three in my cart so i figured i was good and i would wait for the chaos to die down.,.. and sure enough, as soon as it did... NOTHING! ALL FREAKIN GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job Once again Fueld By Ramen!

i wonder if these will take up to 6 months to get out like the LTJ cereal boxes!

What a garbage site! Sorry, but i have had it with that site!

:evil:

BobbleheadFreak

Postby BobbleheadFreak » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:27 am

It was a frustrating process, they should have just set aside some from board members, wonder how many ordered multiples etc, no limits..Yuck

Oh well hopefully they pop up somewhere....

aKa Chris - TheUnitedFunkoFamily - HOF #81
Instagram : Fliptoyz

krinkle

Hmmm, things to think about, I 'think' I got them . . .

Postby krinkle » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:59 am

So I got all the way through. I have a transaction number and the confirmation page of my order. I have all 3, one of each. Now, when I go to their site the order does not show in my account. Only my previous order shows. I have not recieved a confirmation e-mail either. So I really don't know? Anyone else get all the way through? Did you get a confirmation e-mail? Did you check your account for the order? Anyways, hope it all went through. Hmmmmm . . . .

bobbleboy
Hall of Fame Class of 2008
Hall of Fame Class of 2008

Postby bobbleboy » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:09 am

That was so frusterating! I had the stuff In my cart and couldnt get
through, so I waited for it to die down, and then it all dissappeared.
Your anger is m :evil: errited Adam! I want my damn glows!

Krusty

Postby Krusty » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:10 am

RDK and krinkle (and anyone else in the same boat)...

I think I might know what is going on. The same thing happened to me, my wife managed to get through (I love that woman!) and place the order, but it doesn't show up. She paid by PayPal, is that the case with you guys, by any chance?

Here is how I was able to find my order: I got the order number from the confirmation email that PayPal sent to my wife. It will appear as the "Item Number" in the PayPal email. Go to your account history at FBR and visit any previous order. The URL will look something like this:

https://www.fueledbyramen.com/store/acc ... ?order_id=12345&osCsid=45e3688b0c1234de7abcde93c476d895

While you are signed in and visiting a previous order, change the "12345" portion of that URL (not the URL I provided as an example above, but the URL in the address field of your browser window) to the order number from your PayPal confirmation. It should show you your order. In my case, it indicates that they are awaiting confirmation from PayPal (it says "Paypal Processing" after the order number).

There is another quirk... the product list appears as follows:

Products
1 x MVSR Monkey Assassin Toy (Glow) $25.00
1 x $25.00
1 x MVSR Science Guy Toy (Glow) $25.00

I sure as Hell hope that the non-specified product is the Robot Gorilla, does anyone else see anything similar in their order?

krinkle

Well I paid my CC

Postby krinkle » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:21 am

I have the transaction numnber from the CC processing company. Hmmm, gonna trya nd figure it out, might jsut wait till tomorrow and see. I pretty sure I got them.

RDK

Postby RDK » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:26 am

Krusty - that's promising news! Sometimes it takes a while for an order to show up on one's account. I hope that's the case here!
Ray

krinkle

Okay I am now pretty sure I got them

Postby krinkle » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:56 am

I checked my credit card online and there is a temp authorization for $87.15 from fueled by ramen! So I have to think I got them, but I'll believe it when I have them. :)

Kinda wish I had got a 2nd set but I didn't want ot be greedy, tried to give everyone a fair chance. I would ahve sold the 2nd set for cost because I know how tough it can be when u miss out, hopefully there are few cats here how grabed a 2nd set for some of those who missed out.
Last edited by krinkle on Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MyRidesHere

Postby MyRidesHere » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:02 am

Same thing! I had all three in my cart went to check out and kept getting that stupid error message. I tried for over an hour and then when I finally got to the next page, boom sold out! That just added to my anger on the whole situation. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :cry:

Congratultions to those who did get them though. :)

whiskeylip

Postby whiskeylip » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:39 am

I gotta say...this was a JOKE!!!

I have a cable internet connection and I can reload a page in less than a second. I got on the site somewhere around 8:59 (as well as many times prior to this) and saw message indicating that they would be sold for $1000. I re-loaded and...vio la... they were up for sale. I was very excited and started to fill my shopping cart with one of each...still no problems. I went to check out, and the error messages started everytime I tried to complete the transaction. I continued to try to complete this process for 52 F***ING minutes (various reloads, page back, start again, etc.). I got to various stages in the check-out process, but was never allowed to complete the transaction. By the time I got far enough to enter a credit card #, the monkey assassin was sold out! WHAT CRAP!!! In my cart and I still miss out. Then it tells me to delete any "SOLD OUT" items and continue. The damn site won't let me change my quantity, delete, or any other action. WHAT A BUNCH OF CA CA!!!

I am not necessarily opposed to the way that these were distributed, but at least, have a site that can handle the traffic that you KNOW you are going to get. The way this was handled was an absolute joke!

They would have made a far better showing if they had just saved 24 for Funko fans and given them away in some sort of contest. Then gave the other 24 away to fans at their shows.

Honesetly though...congratulations to all of you who somehow got lucky enough to make it through the 18 different pages it required to check out! Having been there, I know the effort you put in and they are well deserved/earned!!!! Enjoy them.
Every man deserves his dew...
Tullamore Dew

Otto13

Postby Otto13 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:12 am

Hey! You couldn't order through on the web site...what are you gonna do next?

I'm going to ebay! :banghead:
New York ....................................Paris...............................Chula Vista

Otto13

Postby Otto13 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:05 am

We are not supposed to take this serious…It’s just toys. They are really nice people. They didn’t know…They were doing US a favor… :roll:

The money we spend and the time we put in are as real and important as the profits they make on us, whether it is for toys or for anything else. These types of deals are not set up because people like Funko or that they like us…it’s for profit. With that understood Fueled by Ramen should have (past tense) stepped up and made sure their site was able to handle the traffic and now has to understand that the caa caa it receives is well earned. A great philosophical bookie once said, “Don’t let your mouth write checks that you’re a$$ can’t cash.”

How bad do you want them? :stickman: While others make excuses…I simply refuse to add these pieces to my collection. Meanwhile, this will be another day of civil disobedience that will not make the 6:00 pm news. Where have you gone Dan Rather?

Happy bidding! :thumbsup:
New York ....................................Paris...............................Chula Vista

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:07 am

I had all three in my cart at one time too, but could not get to the checkout. I was very frustrated after trying for 50 mimutes. I only wanted the science guy. I was gonna get the other two for board members.
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

RDK

Postby RDK » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:31 am

This wasn't that unexpected. Happens on just about every site that offers a very limited item that's coveted by more people than there are items for. It's like buying hot concert tickets over the phone from Ticketmaster. In this case there were only 48 pieces available, with (likely) several hundred Funko and LTJ collectors all trying to get them at the same time. We weren't all going to get them - I didn't (I don't think I did at least) - and that's just life...
Ray

ltjpezkid

Postby ltjpezkid » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:16 am

In response to Ottos comment, Vinnie from LTJ and FBR doesnt make toys for profit. Sure they make a little profit but if he were in it for a profit they would make 5000 pieces and distribute them like KISS does, rather he does it for the sheer love of toys. Vinnie is a huge collector and realizes how cool it is to get things that are limited and difficult to obtain. Thats why they give things out at concerts etc. If you were to go to a LTJ show, you would see what kind of people they are. They are people that love music and want to put out the best bands they can find. They are not a greedy record label. LTJ records come out in limited print. Thats what they love. THEIR FANS. Yes they should have had a stonger server. I was one peed off person last night, but that is part of the game. You have to put up a lot to get something as limited as this. I think it is unfair to look at FBR as racketeers. They just love toys as much as us.
Cheers!!!!
The Wünderland War has begun quietly, we are waging a war

Return to “Vinyl”