MLP Vinyl Discussion (Funko please bring back the Vinyls!)

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
wenhol8710

Re: MLP Vinyl Discussion HELP! #savethefunkoponies

Postby wenhol8710 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:57 pm

Galacticat wrote:
I wish we could get it across to Hot Topic and other retailers (and through them Funko) that people would be willing to pay 2x the usual vinyl price for Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon- I mean, wouldn't you?

Honestly? Nope. I'm sure I'm in the minority with that, but while these figures are cool and were fun to collect, I wouldn't spend what I'd assume would be over $40 each for a regular version. A glitter chase, maybe, but even then that's pushing it. Maybe my interest has simply faded in these. I haven't even bought Maud yet because I'm waiting for her to get marked down at HT, and honestly I'm only buying her because I have all the others. :dontknow:

To be honest I can't see casual collectors (which is who mainly buys Funko products, this forum is merely a tiny fraction of the collector base) paying that for a single pony, no matter what character it is, especially since it's not a Pop or a Dorbz, which are the bigger moneymakers and are the much more popular lines.
wenhol8710 on Instagram

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:23 pm

wenhol8710 wrote:
Galacticat wrote:
I wish we could get it across to Hot Topic and other retailers (and through them Funko) that people would be willing to pay 2x the usual vinyl price for Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon- I mean, wouldn't you?

Honestly? Nope. I'm sure I'm in the minority with that, but while these figures are cool and were fun to collect, I wouldn't spend what I'd assume would be over $40 each for a regular version. A glitter chase, maybe, but even then that's pushing it. Maybe my interest has simply faded in these. I haven't even bought Maud yet because I'm waiting for her to get marked down at HT, and honestly I'm only buying her because I have all the others. :dontknow:

To be honest I can't see casual collectors (which is who mainly buys Funko products, this forum is merely a tiny fraction of the collector base) paying that for a single pony, no matter what character it is, especially since it's not a Pop or a Dorbz, which are the bigger moneymakers and are the much more popular lines.

This.

Signing some petition isn't going to work because as a company they only care about sales and their last few releases have been busts. Time to let this line go and move on because Funko clearly already has.

Avetts

Postby Avetts » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:38 pm

Though I don't like it. I agree with the feeling people have already stated. There are a lot of new lines coming out that would take up shelf space and could possibly sell better where the ponies . It is such a shame though. I wish they would make them just for a convention (any convention, not just SDCC), maybe at a small run size, so at least collectors could have a chance at obtaining them. :(
My name's Kaitlyn :3

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:47 pm

Aquatic- I appreciate your fervor, but you're barking up the wrong tree. It isn't funko that you have to convince, it's the buying public and retailers.

It was a beautiful line while it lasted.

And no, you can't just create duplicates of the existing protos, that's stealing.
San Diego funatic

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:59 am

Galacticat wrote:but it is a shame they stopped JUST short of the two most awesome sculpts in the line...

I think this is still what's upsetting me the most. To be honest, I don't care if we don't get more characters, but after seeing the gorgeous molds of the prototypes for NMM and Chrysalis, I just want my favorite character. On the Arena (as I'm sure you've seen) a lot of people feel the same way, but I get that it probably isn't enough to change things...

Oh well. Funko's still got ahold of me with their other lines and products, but I'd be lying if I said that seeing the vinyl ponies come to an end isn't disappointing.
I'm Renia and I'm addicted to all things My Little Pony!

@RainbowrificRenia on Instagram

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:16 am

beckysaurus wrote:Aquatic- I appreciate your fervor, but you're barking up the wrong tree. It isn't funko that you have to convince, it's the buying public and retailers.

We still have hope! Clockwork orange is coming out right! I included Hot Topic on the petition I need to add Barnes and Noble, target, and toysrus!

Keep up the great work everyone! If anyone wants to donate photos to future postings let me know! I'd love to included multiple collectors photos on each one!
ISO: My Little Pony Vinyl Protos White or Color (Still searching 2023 have a spot saved on my shelf!)

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:49 pm

I agree with removing Funko from the petition and adding the retailers- even Funko will tell you that if you want their products, it is the retailers you must ask, not them.

Their customers are the retailers, not us...

I do have some tiny hope that maybe they will keep making the minis :)

Birdeh

Postby Birdeh » Tue May 03, 2016 11:21 am

Maybe they decided that the Chrysalis and NM were too complex, and are looking for a way to simplify?

Clinging to that hope for now.
Robbie / 22 / under ur bed

LTB: Cheese Sandwich and Maud Pie vinyl / Harry Potter POPs

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Thu May 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Ugh new pony pop variants.. Funko pony collectors prefer the vinyls! Please release Queen Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon!
ISO: My Little Pony Vinyl Protos White or Color (Still searching 2023 have a spot saved on my shelf!)

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu May 26, 2016 8:32 pm

Ponies aren't gone forever guys!
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Thu May 26, 2016 8:38 pm

Funko Pony Pop figures! Who needs the vinyls, am I right or am I right?!?!
My Name is Ernie

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:39 pm

AquaticNeon wrote:Ugh new pony pop variants.. Funko pony collectors prefer the vinyls! Please release Queen Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon!

Where did you see that there's new Pops coming out? :bounce:
wenhol8710 on Instagram

GameOfWhooves

Postby GameOfWhooves » Thu May 26, 2016 9:11 pm

wenhol8710 wrote:
AquaticNeon wrote:Ugh new pony pop variants.. Funko pony collectors prefer the vinyls! Please release Queen Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon!

They just showed them on Periscope. Walmart exclusive GITD Pops of Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight.
I'm Bryan.
ISO of Aloy Proto from Horizon Zero Dawn.

Jocelyn

Postby Jocelyn » Thu May 26, 2016 10:08 pm

I found a glitter Scootaloo at Walmart over the weekend. I didn't even know Walmart was still carrying these. They had a lot of the CMC.

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Thu May 26, 2016 11:41 pm

I love that they glow. I don't own any of the pop ponies (except for one custom) but I may pick these up. Esp if they glow well.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Fri May 27, 2016 10:49 am

If they did glow in the dark vinyls of those three I'd buy them but not interested in the pop ponies :/ Walmart you could be making bank of you released your own character exclusive vinyls!!

Eurocoin

Postby Eurocoin » Mon May 30, 2016 10:52 am

Glow in the Dark is one of my many weaknesses, I guess it's ebay for me, when those POPs are out.

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:13 am

GameOfWhooves wrote:
wenhol8710 wrote:

They just showed them on Periscope. Walmart exclusive GITD Pops of Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight.

Awesome! I'll be picking up at least Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash when those hit shelves. :D
wenhol8710 on Instagram

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:42 pm

I don't know how I missed this. Aquatic do you mind uploading the pictures of the GITD pop ponies? Funko mixed two of my favorite things \:D/ \:D/ :bounce: :bounce:
I love how they are molded GITD instead of painted. I bet under the right light the glow will be amazing. Hopefully they sell well and we get more GITD ponies! A GITD Celestia is a must [-o<
Dorian Arloe

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:21 pm

I got a couple of the POPs but don't really need any more. I like the vinyls better...and the minis.

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:49 am

It's really weird that I don't like the pony Pop! figures as much as I probably should. I love all of my other pops, sitting ponies are ADORABLE, I'm a fan of the chibi look...but these never did it for me. The regular vinyls are just so much better.

Oh well.

I'll at least grab gitd Rainbow Dash if I find her, since she's my G4 army pony.

brand42

Postby brand42 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:18 am

Aquatic, I saw the update on your petition regarding help with MLP cons. I'll be at SDCC so would you need my help in any way?

Btw, I really liked Saffron's design from the most recent episode. A vinyl of her would be so awesome!

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:13 pm

brand42 wrote:Btw, I really liked Saffron's design from the most recent episode. A vinyl of her would be so awesome!

She was gorgeous! I loved her color scheme, her accent, her design... everything about her! I need merch of her!

Birdeh

Postby Birdeh » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:56 pm

This is getting really upsetting..I don't know what to do at this point, but I don't feel like collecting Funko products nearly as much if the ponies are really gone.

Jocelyn

Postby Jocelyn » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:36 pm

I'm mostly in the same boat. The two Funko lines I collect both suffered slow, mostly unannounced deaths. I really want to collect Funko stuff still, but I just can't get into Pops or Dorbs. The only thing I'm still interested in are the new GoT action figures (that are replacing the other line that died), but it's hard to get as excited for them :(

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:45 am

brand42 wrote:Aquatic, I saw the update on your petition regarding help with MLP cons. I'll be at SDCC so would you need my help in any way?

Btw, I really liked Saffron's design from the most recent episode. A vinyl of her would be so awesome!

Yes brand42 if you'd like a PDF to print out some flyers just let me know!

Agreed by the way so many awesome characters coming out and so many more vinyls we need!

maiapal

Postby maiapal » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:18 am

You should post the petition to the Reddit MLP forum.

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:45 am

maiapal wrote:You should post the petition to the Reddit MLP forum.

Do you think you could post it I'm not on that one?

Ps. I'm so wishing that one of these SDCC waves has vinyl Nightmare Moon and Queen Chryslais.. And a new Hikari pony character... But I know I'm probably dreaming.

maiapal

Postby maiapal » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:31 am

AquaticNeon wrote:Do you think you could post it I'm not on that one?

Don't see any reason why you couldn't! If there's a Reddit Funko forum you could try there as well. Just be sure to read the rules before posting.

brand42

Postby brand42 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:12 pm

There's something very intriguing on Hasbro Toy Shop at the moment, namely product and sales pages for the following Funko vinyls.

Muffins
Dr. Whooves
Lyra
Octavia
Great and powerful Trixie
Daring do
Shining armor
Spike
Maud

$12.99 each although all are listed as "out of stock/coming soon".

Also there's a listing for a Fluttershy pop.

Don't thInk they'd even list these if they didn't intend to sell so hang on tight, we *might* eventually get Chrysalis and NM through HTS, maybe maybe maybe????

Update: all the aforementioned Funko ponies are now in stock at HTS!

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:16 pm

Not a day goes by without me missing the new vinyl pony releases please bring them back Funko 2017!

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:29 pm

AquaticNeon wrote:Not a day goes by without me missing the new vinyl pony releases please bring them back Funko 2017!

Same. I was cleaning up in my pony room the other day and said to my husband "I miss going out and hunting for the glitter chases, and the excitement of going to pick up my order at Hot Topic." Honestly, without the vinyls, I haven't even done much in the way of keeping up with ANY MLP releases of any sort. The vinyls are and will probably always be my favorite part of my collection, and I'm so proud that I was able to complete the regular and glitter sets... I just wish there were more.

And I'm still very bummed that we were FINALLY going to get my favorite character (Chrysalis), just for them to tease us with prototypes and...that's it. UGH! :mad:

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:05 pm

renirawr wrote:
AquaticNeon wrote:Not a day goes by without me missing the new vinyl pony releases please bring them back Funko 2017!

Same. I was cleaning up in my pony room the other day and said to my husband "I miss going out and hunting for the glitter chases, and the excitement of going to pick up my order at Hot Topic." Honestly, without the vinyls, I haven't even done much in the way of keeping up with ANY MLP releases of any sort. The vinyls are and will probably always be my favorite part of my collection, and I'm so proud that I was able to complete the regular and glitter sets... I just wish there were more.

And I'm still very bummed that we were FINALLY going to get my favorite character (Chrysalis), just for them to tease us with prototypes and...that's it. UGH! :mad:

Seriously again same.. I miss it, such an experience and always so exciting.. I do have some good news though! We are just about to hit our goal of 2,000 signatures to help save the line! https://www.change.org/p/funko-bring-ba ... tible-line if anyone hasn't signed and would like to see them back it would be much appreciated, I think if I had got the word out to a larger audience we would have hit long ago, I tried to get Equestria Daily to post, but without enough proof they were cancelled they wouldn't post, such a shame because I think we would have had hundreds more just from that site. However I think for a little petition I started on my own gaining 2,000 signatures is really impressive and I hope in the very least we can help bring them back even if it's just a Hikari like release with 3,000 pieces made per figure, or even just available on the Funko shop. You guys are sitting on a gold mine just need to release the right characters like Nightmare Moon, Queen Chrysalis, Starlight Glimmer, and King Sombra, ones we know that would sell extremely well. Funko I will be sharing this to many of the retailers in hopes someone will pick the ponies up, Hot Topic's buyer team should already be informed. Many thanks to everyone who has helped thus far, any additional help contacting businesses is of extreme help, never doubt we can make a difference.

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Also, considering the big budget MLP movie will be coming out this year, this would be a great time to see the figures return to shelves.

I'm not as optimistic about it happening, but it'd be nice.

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:37 pm

Random glitter pony question for a friend.. She found a glitter princess luna at a yard sale and then started seeing that it may be rare? Is this still true or what is the story on her? Thanks!
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:10 am

Oatmealman wrote:Random glitter pony question for a friend.. She found a glitter princess luna at a yard sale and then started seeing that it may be rare? Is this still true or what is the story on her? Thanks!

It's worthless, have your friend mail it to me and I'll dispose of it. :roflmao:

In all seriousness, there were tons of issues with broken tails on Luna plus I don't think she ever got a restock in Hot Topic and they definitely never got the wide release to other stores like they should have. Around here they never even hit shelves, just online preorders got filled.

Add all that to the glitter body version already being a 1:36 (I believe) chase, and that definitely means your friend found a treasure. :D
wenhol8710 on Instagram

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:02 pm

So one of those MLP websites states we will be getting MLP Sea Pony Pops. Not vinyl but good to see Funko hasn't given up completely on the ponies \:D/
Dorian Arloe

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Thu May 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Arloe8 wrote:So one of those MLP websites states we will be getting MLP Sea Pony Pops. Not vinyl but good to see Funko hasn't given up completely on the ponies \:D/

I heard! Pretty cool, but sucks they aren't the vinyls.. I hope they still are, many times people/sites refer to the vinyl ponies as pops. ;)

Birdeh

Re: MLP Vinyl Discussion (Funko please bring back the Vinyls!)

Postby Birdeh » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Well...2018 has come, and still no ponies. I've personally branched out to collect other Funko products, but none of them have been nearly as fulfilling to bring home.

I saw the POPs, and I feel like I'll probably get them if I see them in stores. At least, Tempest Shadow, for sure.

Still bummed about no Chrysalis.

CarolDixon

Re: MLP Vinyl Discussion (Funko please bring back the Vinyls!)

Postby CarolDixon » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:12 pm

I’m so glad I was able to get my hands on a Rainbow Dash one. It’s the only Vinyl Collectible in my collection.

Return to “Vinyl”