Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

MAJOR MvsR news!!!!!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
Krusty
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

MAJOR MvsR news!!!!!

Postby Krusty » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:29 am

This was originally posted in a thread in the eBay section, but really belongs here...

First off, I am merely acting as a shipping center. This is something that was entirely setup through Riot and Vinnie. They just needed someone who was willing to pay for the lot and handle the shipping, and it sounded like fun to me when I thought of how many people were going to get excited about it. I also thought I was a logical choice to handle these details since I was lucky enough to get my set on the night of the release, so each piece that Vinnie is providing is going on to other collectors, there are no issues regarding whether it is right or fair for me to kep any pieces... because I'm not keeping any!

Vinnie is sending me 10 Assassins and 3 Slackers (all glows, of course!), at the original cost. Therefore, I'll be sending out 13 packages to happy collectors! No one will get more than 1 piece, that will allow us to spread Vinnie's good will as much as possible. I should point out, Vinnie was very specific and emphatic about wanting these pieces to get into collectors hands.

Here are the stipulations... these pieces are for your collection, not for resale or trading. If you do not intend to keep the piece for at least 2 years, please don't accept it. If you already have one of the two pieces, please let me know which one you have and which one you don't have, I'll do my best to satisfy everyone's requests, but please do not accept the piece if you already have it.

Your cost will be $25. Vinnie is covering shipping to me, so I'll cover shipping to you.

Everyone who is interested, please email me at ldjohns5@hotmail.com (no PMs, my box may fill quickly, so PMs will be ignored for the purpose of this distribution!). Tell me which piece is your first choice, and whether you have the other piece or not. You MUST tell me your username here in the forum, and that account must already exist at the time that this message is posted with at least 10 posts to its credit and be a member in good standing. My instructions were to get these to members of the forum, and this is the best way I can think of to make sure that happens. I reserve the right to add to or modify these terms if needed.

Creevox, don't worry, you are already on the list!

Just to be fair to everyone who may be at work or in school today, let's say that the emails must be timestamped no EARLIER than 10 AM Eastern time, Saturday, November 20, 2004. In other words, do not send your request BEFORE 10 AM Saturday morning, it will just be deleted. Send it as close to, but after, 10 AM. I believe hotmail will be able to endure the rush!
Last edited by Krusty on Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wacky Kim
Hall of Fame Class of 2010
Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Postby Wacky Kim » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:42 am

Thanks again Krusty, this is way cool!!!! I was able to purchase one directly from FBR and purchased the other 2 on Ebay so won't be participating so good luck to all of you other Funatics :) :) :)

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:17 am

Great job Len :) Glad to see some of the Spastik Collectors will be able to get some! Good luck to you all!
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

krinkle

Amazing you guys rock!

Postby krinkle » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:54 am

This an awesome chance. I got the Robot Monkey on eBay, still need the other two. So I will be rolling out an e-mail hoping for the best. I can assure you nothing will be sold. I paid around $120 for my Robot Monkey ( which I'm still waitng for ).

Thanx guys! for the chance and some cool figures!

creevox

Re: MAJOR MvsR news!!!!!

Postby creevox » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:46 pm

Krusty2131 wrote:
Creevox, don't worry, you are already on the list!

:jump:

:bow: Krusty, Riot & Vinnie!!!!! Thank you guys so much!!!!!!! The Glow Gods smile upon you! :D
A 38" all glow Glow Freddy would make me the happiest collector in history!!!!!
Ionraigh i Dorcha (That's Glow in the Dark in Gaelic)
蓄光

BBQ'n with a gas grill is not BBQ'n, it's cooking outside!!!!!

prudemonkey
Hall of Fame Class of 2008

Postby prudemonkey » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:58 pm

Good Job Len!

Thanks

giantpez

Postby giantpez » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:31 pm

cool i will be there. i never was able to get these, but figured not to get to over joyed not to get them. but with you help, i just might.

thank you again.

RDK
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby RDK » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:38 pm

Great job, Len! You the MAN!

One question, though. Is this gonna be first-come-first-served? Your comment about e-mailing you close to but not before 10 a.m. tomorrow suggests that's the case. But that could lead to a mad and frustrating rush. Perhaps a drawing from e-mail entrees would be better so we don't have to be at our computers at such a specific time.
Ray

giantpez

Postby giantpez » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:43 pm

that sounds like a better idea Ray. he could put everyone in a hat, and pull out each person that wants one, till he has no more left.

i like it. :thumbsup:

gline29

Postby gline29 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:03 pm

WOW!

Krusty, Riot, Vinnie, you guys are all great. I love how nice people are in the community. Always looking out for each other.

Now I must go set my alarm to wake up at 9:50 tomorrow.

hartsy

Just wondering????

Postby hartsy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:36 pm

That is great. Thank you Vinnie for the opportunity. I have 1 concern......being new......please advise. I DO NOT mean any offence to anybody. What is the guarantee that this is going to be done arbitrarily? For example, creevox has already been promised 1! Does it matter if you signed up to be a FF today, yesterday or a year ago? Does it matter how many posts you have? Does it matter what country you live in? These are my concerns. Thank you all for listening. :lol:

ltjpezkid

Postby ltjpezkid » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:37 pm

Thanks Vinnie, Paul, and Len. That is so awesome of you guys. Hopefully this will give a new found glory for some of you towards FBR and MVSR!!!!
The Wünderland War has begun quietly, we are waging a war

Krusty

Postby Krusty » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:51 pm

creevox, swobo was the one who first suggested insuring that you get one, and the suggestion received strong support. :)

RDK, I had planned on doing it as "first come first served", but fortunately, I reserved the right to modify the method. :D I suppose that will avoid me getting hammered with multiple emails from everyone starting around 9:55 tomorrow morning, right? ;)

So, let's say everyone send me a single email, providing the same information I requested earlier, and emails will be cut off at 11:59 PM Eastern time this Sunday (Nov. 21, 2004).

Sluggo

Postby Sluggo » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:55 pm

Thanks Riot and Krusty for making this happen for the board members. If you need help with distribution on future projects you can count on my help.
"Pixie & Dixie and Mr. Jinx, Please!"
"Just a pillow of the community"

Krusty

Postby Krusty » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:03 pm

hartsy, no offense is taken, and as you pointed out, with creevox being given an automatic spot, there is no claim that this will be done arbitrarily. I will do my absolute best to do it right.

Riot trusts me enough to have recommended me to Vinnie, and Vinnie is trusting me to do the right thing, so you'll have to take your chances and hopefully, even if you don't get one, you'll agree that I did it right.

That's one reason that I'm paying for shipping, because I didn't want there to be an opening for accusations that I was making a profit by tacking on more shipping charges than necessary. I want this to be fun and untainted, so I'm perfectly happy paying a few bucks to avoid those accusations. :)

creevox

Postby creevox » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:09 pm

Krusty2131 wrote:creevox, swobo was the one who first suggested insuring that you get one, and the suggestion received strong support. :)

Well then let me add one name to my bow list
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Swobobafett!!!!!!!!!!!!!

蓄光

RDK

Postby RDK » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:35 pm

Krusty2131 wrote:RDK, I had planned on doing it as "first come first served", but fortunately, I reserved the right to modify the method. :D I suppose that will avoid me getting hammered with multiple emails from everyone starting around 9:55 tomorrow morning, right? ;)

So, let's say everyone send me a single email, providing the same information I requested earlier, and emails will be cut off at 11:59 PM Eastern time this Sunday (Nov. 21, 2004).

Great, now I don't have to get up before 7 a.m. on a Saturday morning! :lol:
Ray

Krusty

Just to clarify...

Postby Krusty » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:35 pm

You can email me anytime from now through 11:59 PM Sunday night.

Please state your first choice, and for the second choice, let me know whether you already have it or not.

Tell me your username here in the forum. You must be an active user, registered before 10 AM this morning (Friday), with at least 10 posts prior to 10 AM this morning.

Sometime after midnight Sunday night/Monday morning, I'll place all of the names in a FunKo baseball cap and draw 12 names. I will then do my best to fill everyone's first choice AND make sure that those 12 (along with creevox) get theirs. HOWEVER... it is possible that 4 people will want slackers but not assassins. In that case, I'll drop the last of those 4 who was drawn and replace with a new name, hopefully someone who wants an assassin.

When I announce the winner's list, I am not going to torture anyone by saying that they had been on the list but were too low with a conflicting preference. I'm simply going to announce the lucky 13, and I hope everyone will be happy for them! :)

K

krinkle

On thing that woul be cool . . .

Postby krinkle » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:53 pm

. . . it would be nice to know how many entries you got. It's up to you, but it would be neat to see, well to me, but you do it how ever you wish, I'm just happy to have the chance.

BobbleheadFreak
Hall of Fame Class of 2020

Postby BobbleheadFreak » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:30 pm

Thanks Krusty for giving us all a chance to have an opportunity to own these fine pieces! :wink:

CASPER RULES!Image

aKa Chris - TheUnitedFunkoFamily - HOF #81
Instagram : Fliptoyz

giantpez

Postby giantpez » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:18 pm

thank you Krusty. i really do appricate the chance that i have now.

ben

MyRidesHere

Postby MyRidesHere » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:28 am

Totally Freaking Awesome! Thank you Len,Paul, and Vinnie for setting this up and doing it. This really rocks! Email was sent! :)

ltjpezkid

Postby ltjpezkid » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:18 am

Just wondering if this includes a glow and a color one too because the original deal included a color one LOL

RiotCityHoods
Hall of Fame Class of 2005
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby RiotCityHoods » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:03 am

i think it's important to note...if it hasn't been done already that creevox's sole purpose in life - aside from being a nice guy is to collect glow in the dark toys...creev's been here a long time...also LOVES funko and has added a TON of value to what we do...so yeah - he's shoe in.

as far as a guarantee toward being fair...there aren't any in life. but TRUST ME - you're in good hands! can't go into why you should trust me on this - sorry.

TRUST ME!
www.circuspunks.com - Fresno Circus Punk Family! F14!

Krusty

Postby Krusty » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:58 pm

ltjpezkid wrote:Just wondering if this includes a glow and a color one too because the original deal included a color one LOL

As far as I know, it is just the glows, but if Vinnie sends me the pairs, then I will certainly be passing them on. :)

prudemonkey

Postby prudemonkey » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:34 pm

since when did Creevox begin collecting GLOWS? What a strange thing to do :lol:

creevox

Postby creevox » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:34 pm

RiotCityHoods wrote:i think it's important to note...if it hasn't been done already that creevox's sole purpose in life - aside from being a nice guy is to collect glow in the dark toys...creev's been here a long time...also LOVES funko and has added a TON of value to what we do...so yeah - he's shoe in.

as far as a guarantee toward being fair...there aren't any in life. but TRUST ME - you're in good hands! can't go into why you should trust me on this - sorry.

TRUST ME!

Paul,
Thank you very much for the kind words!!!! Right back at you bro!!!

And Prude, as I type this I'm wearing my Glow in the Dark hard hat that showed up the other day. So strange...HELL YES I'M STRANGE!!!!! :D :D

蓄光

Krusty

Postby Krusty » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:28 pm

All of the names are in, and I imagine everyone's anxious, but I'm waiting to hear back on something that will affect this in a fairly small way. Rather than make you wait any longer, here's the scoop...

I've written to Vinnie to see if he would object to one of the pieces being donated to one of the Make-A-Wish Foundation auctions. What I'm going to do is announce the 12 winners so far, and then if the 13th piece is not donated to an auction, I'll announce the 13th winner, otherwise this list will be IT and the rest of you can slug it out in the auction.

So, here are the 12 who can definitely purchase one for $25 (in no particular order)...

1. Baystate (slacker)
2. chknlovr (assassin)
3. swobobafett (slacker)
4. RDK (assassin)
5. Wacky Nut (assassin)
6. wizeguy (assassin)
7. Zorba (assassin)
8. ltjpezkid (slacker)
9. tomboy (assassin)
10. ppmntpati (assassin)
11. nodderworld.com (assassin)
12. creevox (assassin)

Everyone else... I'M SORRY! :( I had 29 requests. so your chances were right around 45%.

Also, just so everyone knows how this was finally done, I didn't use the hat, I made a list of the username of everyone who requested one of these pieces, and numbered them 1-29. I then used random.org to generate a random sequence of those numbers with no repetition, and then I just took the first 12 numbers in that sequence, and those were the users from the list who won out. Baystate was number 1 on the list (because he sent me the first email), and the number 1 was the eighth number in the sequence, so he made it. There is one person still "on deck" in case the auction idea is nixed, in which case they will get the last assassin. In the interest of not torturing that person, I won't say who it is unless the auction is nixed.

Those of you who made the list, hold off, I'll send out payment info once I receive the spoils.

I apologize to gregoman, itchykorean, and mrcory5000, 3 of my 4 roomies for SDCC04. I was hoping 2 if not all 3 of you would make the cut, but we came up empty. If I'd inverted the list, you'd all have been GTG, you were 3 of the last 5 numbers in the sequence. I should have hesitated an extra second or two when generating that random sequence. :cry:

shannon

Postby shannon » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:41 pm

I want a re-count! What about me!!! :roll:
Last edited by shannon on Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krinkle

back to eBay

Postby krinkle » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:43 pm

. . . oh well. Thanx for the chance! Back to war of 04 on eBay.

:)

wizeguy
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby wizeguy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:51 pm

Thanks Krusty!

i am excted to get my glow monkey... i might name him Creevox!

RDK

Postby RDK » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:56 pm

Let me be the first to say...

:rain
Ray

Baystate

Postby Baystate » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:10 pm

Thanks Len

Sending 12 packages out is large expense. So I will send you an eztra $5.00 to cover my shipping. Thanks Len for all the hard work.

Also a Big Thanks to Riot & Vinnie for making this possible

Baystate
Baystate

MyRidesHere

Postby MyRidesHere » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:18 pm

Well I'm bummed, but congrats to everyone who got one and thanks again for the chance.

Just out of curiosity where was I on the list?

Thanks

wizeguy
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby wizeguy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:20 pm

you're number one on my list matty!

:oops:

krinkle

Postby krinkle » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:35 pm

MyRidesHere wrote:Well I'm bummed, but congrats to everyone who got one and thanks again for the chance.

Just out of curiosity where was I on the list?

Thanks

Once they decide what's happening with the 13th it would be interesting to see the whole list. But then again, if htey send 13 tot he auction maybe we don't want to know. :)

MyRidesHere

Postby MyRidesHere » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:37 pm

Ahhh.Thanks Adam :)

BobbleheadFreak

Postby BobbleheadFreak » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:41 pm

CONGRATS TO ALL THAT WON!! :wink:

Off to the Bay for my search for a Glow Assasin to be reunited with his brothers Glow Science Guy and Glow Robot :lol:

CASPER RULES!Image

aKa Chris - TheUnitedFunkoFamily - HOF #81
Instagram : Fliptoyz

ltjpezkid

Postby ltjpezkid » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:46 pm

Thanks guys
This was a very fair way do this. Cant wait for that little guy to show up.

prudemonkey

Postby prudemonkey » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:58 pm

I too am bummed - but I sincerely thank Len and the guys who made this available to us.

Congrats to those who made the list!

Return to “Vinyl”