Think I've been cheated!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
Patdolan83

Think I've been cheated!

Postby Patdolan83 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:34 am

I purchased a case of 24 marvel mystery figures from eBay. They were advertised as a complete case, but the seller messaged me and explained he had lost the display case but the boxes were definitely from the same case. They arrived this morning and I've opened them to find no rare figure and some figures three or more times. Does anybody know if this means I've been cheated here?

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Re: Think I've been cheated!

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:01 am

Sure sounds like it was tampered with. Unfortunately, with them being blind-boxed you most likely have no recourse and no way to prove that the seller did anything.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Patdolan83

Postby Patdolan83 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:03 am

RogueSolo wrote:Sure sounds like it was tampered with. Unfortunately, with them being blind-boxed you most likely have no recourse and no way to prove that the seller did anything.

If the cases never have more than two of a character in them, I surely have a case to dispute the sale of these as a "complete display case" don't you think?

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:20 am

They're supposed to, yes. But can you prove that you pulled more than two of each figure from that "case"?
Maybe you had other figures already, and swapped them out after opening the new boxes to try and scam the seller? (Not that I'm saying you would/did.)

This has happened to other members here even when buying a "full" case from a brick-and-mortar store. Sucks.

Unless you have evidence that each figure you opened came from the lot you purchased, you're probably out of luck.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Patdolan83

Postby Patdolan83 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:24 am

RogueSolo wrote:They're supposed to, yes. But can you prove that you pulled more than two of each figure from that "case"?
Maybe you had other figures already, and swapped them out after opening the new boxes to try and scam the seller? (Not that I'm saying you would/did.)

This has happened to other members here even when buying a "full" case from a brick-and-mortar store. Sucks.

Unless you have evidence that each figure you opened came from the lot you purchased, you're probably out of luck.

I just myself thought of that as well. Sucks because I'm as honest as a person can be, but then a liar would say that also :/
I think I'll just get into a dialog with the seller and possibly leave feedback that makes sure others will be wary

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:28 am

Can't hurt to reach out to them, offer to trade the more-than-doubles figures you opened for the chance at something else. If that fails, feedback works and a lesson learned to not accept a purchase when the seller changes the terms after the end.

Good luck!
Marty
Funklub member #1093

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:29 pm

I'm sure you know this, but some people will weigh, shake or even x-ray boxes to locate the rarities and then unload the commons still sealed. Sorry to say it sounds like you got boned by a scammer.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

draemar

Postby draemar » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:38 pm

I wouldn't have opened it in the first place if there was no sealed display case. send it back and you can get your money back as the item was not as advertised.

Once you've opened it, there's not much recourse. you can try, but doubt this seller will budge.
ImageImageImage

Patdolan83

Postby Patdolan83 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:45 pm

draemar wrote:I wouldn't have opened it in the first place if there was no sealed display case. send it back and you can get your money back as the item was not as advertised.

Once you've opened it, there's not much recourse. you can try, but doubt this seller will budge.

After I bid and paid for the boxes, the seller notified me of the fact they weren't in a display case....but assured me they were from the same case. I was obviously too trusting and have learned my lesson.....I'm done with mystery minis now

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:48 pm

I wouldn't swear off the minis just because of one bad seller.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:15 pm

Your mistake was buying off eBay. You should swear off eBay, not minis!
My Name is Ernie

CP3x

Postby CP3x » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:58 pm

What case of mini's was it though? Not all boxes have super rares in them.
Zach/CP3x. You Like Pops!? I love Pops!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:15 pm

I'm assuming it was Marvel Series 1 judging the by 24ct case. Couple of pretty hard-to-finds in that one.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Patdolan83

Postby Patdolan83 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:03 pm

RogueSolo wrote:I wouldn't swear off the minis just because of one bad seller.

This is the second bad seller in a row on there. The one before had the age of ultron minis on there but it showed these series one minis in the picture. I bought twelve boxes not knowing anything about the ultron ones not having any rare figures and expecting the series one minis like in the picture they used. Technically it was half my fault for not reading the description properly and going by the picture. I've now spent about £200 and ended up with about 27 minis that I don't want out of 36 that I've purchased :(

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Patdolan83 wrote:After I bid and paid for the boxes, the seller notified me of the fact they weren't in a display case....but assured me they were from the same case. I was obviously too trusting and have learned my lesson.....I'm done with mystery minis now

I can certainly understand your disgust with it! I ordered a 24 count case of NBC minis from Hot Topic. Not only did it arrive still shrink-wrapped, but the shrink-wrapped case was inside a tight-fitting sealed cardboard box that was clearly marked indicating it was not to be opened and split up. And that in turn was inside a packing box. So just be careful to buy from a reputable dealer and things should go a lot more smoothly.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Patdolan83

Postby Patdolan83 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:19 pm

An update on my situation - the seller gave me a 25% refund and apologised. He said that he may have mixed up cases after selling singles.

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:46 pm

Patdolan83 wrote:An update on my situation - the seller gave me a 25% refund and apologised. He said that he may have mixed up cases after selling singles.

In other words, he knows he screwed you over.
The North Remembers.

iamthenightrider

Postby iamthenightrider » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:49 pm

That sucks! :(
Pops
BBT | HTTYD | Harry Potter | Arrow | The Flash | Game of Thrones | OUAT | Westworld Fantastic Beasts | Cars
Minis
HTTYD | Harry Potter | Game of Thrones | Princess & Companions | Villains & Companions
Dorbz
Harley Quinn
Steamboat Willie :-"

Tayla!

Patdolan83

Postby Patdolan83 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:33 am

MannieTheDragon wrote:
Patdolan83 wrote:An update on my situation - the seller gave me a 25% refund and apologised. He said that he may have mixed up cases after selling singles.

In other words, he knows he screwed you over.

Yep! But I guess after using the duplicates for trades or selling them on, it might work out to be quite a decent deal. The 24 boxes cost me about £75 inc shipping after you deduct the refund amount.

Ladna85

Postby Ladna85 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm

That sucks. Reason why i dont trust ebay. is because of the sellers. I dont full trust some on the site.
DNA

Pop Collector since 2014 (total: 113)

Collection contains:
Flocked (I call myself the Flocked Pop King, due to i have all minus the older ones due to their value)
WWE (I have the Entire set of waves 1, 2, 3)
Power Rangers (childhood show)

chow_13

Postby chow_13 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Yes you got cheated. You should have 2 of each of the 2/24, 1 of the phoenix( 1/24) and one of the rare (1/72 or 1/144). When you get a full crate( 6 cases ) they are labeled assortment (A-F) in an outer carboard box with the display box inside and if the seller knew the arrangement of each letter they could tell you what figure was in every box by it's packaged location. Similar to how this thread has an assortment "A" with the figure location's
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=45373

Return to “Vinyl”