Desperately Searching for Glitter Ponies

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
XXDCXBATMAN

Re: Desperately Searching for Glitter Ponies

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:11 pm

AquaticNeon wrote:
XXDCXBATMAN wrote:
AquaticNeon wrote:Is it possible the glitters will be sold on hot topic separately more expensive with a limited quantity online only?

I highly doubt it. With chases, usually the distributor (Funko), won't allow the seller (HT) to sell them separate, there are ways to get around it, for example, Gamestop sells their Skylanders chases in bundles to get rid of the ones nobody buys. But I think it's unlikely.

Hmm interesting, well how come no glitters have shown up anywhere online, instagram, forums, etc this has never happened before? The only ones we have seen were at the Funko HQ right?

Maybe they'll be exclusives. Possibly for NYCC?
Hi, I'm Michael
Total collection count: 681
Started collecting: 02/27/14

ImageImageImage

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:12 pm

AquaticNeon wrote:
XXDCXBATMAN wrote:
AquaticNeon wrote:Is it possible the glitters will be sold on hot topic separately more expensive with a limited quantity online only?

I highly doubt it. With chases, usually the distributor (Funko), won't allow the seller (HT) to sell them separate, there are ways to get around it, for example, Gamestop sells their Skylanders chases in bundles to get rid of the ones nobody buys. But I think it's unlikely.

Hmm interesting, well how come no glitters have shown up anywhere online, instagram, forums, etc this has never happened before? The only ones we have seen were at the Funko HQ right?

It is pretty weird. But no one knew they were even shipped to HT yet. And it is still weird that HT never put them online, IMO. All we can do is wait and pray we have a chance at getting them.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:17 pm

TulaBug wrote:
AquaticNeon wrote:
XXDCXBATMAN wrote:

It is pretty weird. But no one knew they were even shipped to HT yet. And it is still weird that HT never put them online, IMO. All we can do is wait and pray we have a chance at getting them.

So much bizarre stuff going on! Very weird I appreciate the info you got though, I'm thinking they are not online at HT because they have hot cash going on, they used to post ponies during hot cash, but seems like they don't like posting them during hot cash anymore it ends Tuesday so perhaps they will list them online Wednesday?
ISO: My Little Pony Vinyl Protos White or Color (Still searching 2023 have a spot saved on my shelf!)

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:20 pm

AquaticNeon wrote:
So much bizarre stuff going on! Very weird I appreciate the info you got though, I'm thinking they are not online at HT because they have hot cash going on, they used to post ponies during hot cash, but seems like they don't like posting them during hot cash anymore it ends Tuesday so perhaps they will list them online Wednesday?

But I have been checking everyday and they didn't list them at all. I expect HT to list the ponies at least a month before and give a street date. That did not happen. I truly believe that they are not listed online so people cannot buy them in quantity to get a glitter and then make a large return of the regulars in the store. But what do I know.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:24 pm

TulaBug wrote:
AquaticNeon wrote:

But I have been checking everyday and they didn't list them at all. I expect HT to list the ponies at least a month before and give a street date. That did not happen. I truly believe that they are not listed online so people cannot buy them in quantity to get a glitter and then make a large return of the regulars in the store. But what do I know.

Yea thats what I was thinking, but I know they don't allow returns like that so why would it matter? I tried asking Hot Topic about it, the person I talked to didn't know but was going to get back to me. So well see I guess..
ISO: My Little Pony Vinyl Protos White or Color (Still searching 2023 have a spot saved on my shelf!)

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:27 pm

AquaticNeon wrote:
TulaBug wrote:
AquaticNeon wrote:

Yea thats what I was thinking, but I know they don't allow returns like that so why would it matter? I tried asking Hot Topic about it, the person I talked to didn't know but was going to get back to me. So well see I guess..

I don't buy in bulk online but I bought extra for people overseas and then they decided not to take them. HT allowed me to return the ponies.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:29 pm

TulaBug wrote:
AquaticNeon wrote:
TulaBug wrote:
AquaticNeon wrote:

I don't buy in bulk online but I bought extra for people overseas and then they decided not to take them. HT allowed me to return the ponies.

I think they don't allow over four returns of the same, was it more than four? Under four they don't mind.

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:33 pm

AquaticNeon wrote:
TulaBug wrote:
AquaticNeon wrote:
TulaBug wrote:
AquaticNeon wrote:

I think they don't allow over four returns of the same, was it more than four? Under four they don't mind.

I think it was 3.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

WhatGoesUp

Postby WhatGoesUp » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:17 pm

No luck here in NJ. I'm assuming that they won't roll out to the East Coast for awhile. Usually a week or more once they hit the West. I'll continue to keep an eye out for them!
Name: Jasen
PoP! Count: 178
In-Transit: Chase Green Goblin
Recent: Giant-Man, Civil War 5 Pack, Crossbones Battle Damage
ISO: P/A Vegeta FUNDS AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE! & Older Marvel (Peter Parker, Phoenix, B&W Dr. Doom, etc.)

frankusho

Postby frankusho » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:59 pm

I asked around and my HT had no idea about them. Also... glitter Cadance can be taken off my want list. I traded a flocked Snuffleupagus for her today. :)

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:02 pm

Congrats Frank!
Dorian Arloe

missauru

Postby missauru » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:08 pm

Went to a different HT, way out of the way in another town cause I was in the area, and they had ONE applebloom non glitter. Someone took it off the shelf before I got a good look at it but she is bigger than I expected! Anyway, point is they are appearing on the east coast cause thats where I am!
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:12 pm

frankusho wrote:I asked around and my HT had no idea about them. Also... glitter Cadance can be taken off my want list. I traded a flocked Snuffleupagus for her today. :)

Congrats Frank!
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:12 pm

Congrats Frank!
Hi, I'm Michael
Total collection count: 681
Started collecting: 02/27/14

ImageImageImage

LilPnay

Postby LilPnay » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:58 pm

frankusho wrote:I asked around and my HT had no idea about them. Also... glitter Cadance can be taken off my want list. I traded a flocked Snuffleupagus for her today. :)

Congrats Frank! That's a great trade :)
Melissa
"Collect things you love, that are authentic to you, and your house becomes your story" - Erin Flett

:freddy1:

**ISO**:
— Mickey Go Philippines —
— Miraculous Ladybug and Cat Noir —
— Sailor Mars specialty series Sailor Mars mystery mini —

— B-Rabbit Pop —
— Merlion fountain Pop —
— Freddy Jolliebee Pop —

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:00 pm

Grats Frank !
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

frankusho

Postby frankusho » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:44 pm

Thanks all! One less pony to worry about before the new wave hits. lol

MrBear

Postby MrBear » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:10 pm

I was hoping these would be online before hot cash ended. o.x I am not too interested in the crystal variants but want the regular ones. Prototypes have shown up of Cheese Sandwich, Queen Chrysalis, and Maud Pie. I wonder how long before those hit retail?

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:35 pm

My store had at least one new pony in today, but no crystals. A good sign they're getting to the east coast already though.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:40 pm

Found Apple Bloom today. No glitter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

LilPnay

Postby LilPnay » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:08 pm

Called all my HTs today and all but 3 got in Apple Bloom but no glitters yet
Melissa
"Collect things you love, that are authentic to you, and your house becomes your story" - Erin Flett

:freddy1:

**ISO**:
— Mickey Go Philippines —
— Miraculous Ladybug and Cat Noir —
— Sailor Mars specialty series Sailor Mars mystery mini —

— B-Rabbit Pop —
— Merlion fountain Pop —
— Freddy Jolliebee Pop —

kitkats_mommy

Postby kitkats_mommy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:03 am

I called about 20 stores in my area. No one has gotten glitters. Even the one store that always gets them got zip! I'm kinda worried
I'm Josie, super uber nerd here!! Collector of Funko, Pins and Patches. Self Proclaimed Loungefly Ambassador/Guru lol Funko's Funatic of the week 6/17/15. The United Funko Family Founder. Check out my Insta @Loungefly._.Addict

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:27 pm

kitkats_mommy wrote:I called about 20 stores in my area. No one has gotten glitters. Even the one store that always gets them got zip! I'm kinda worried

No stores are getting glitters I think we can all agree on that as of now? None on ebay, no pictures on any websites/instagram. No one on here found any, I feel 98% sure they are not out yet.

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:36 pm

AquaticNeon wrote:
kitkats_mommy wrote:I called about 20 stores in my area. No one has gotten glitters. Even the one store that always gets them got zip! I'm kinda worried

No stores are getting glitters I think we can all agree on that as of now? None on ebay, no pictures on any websites/instagram. No one on here found any, I feel 98% sure they are not out yet.

Agreed
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:53 pm

Got a REGULAR apple bloom today...no glitters.
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 pm

Glitters are in the wild...spotted one on FB found in Pennsylvania
Dorian Arloe

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:11 pm

If anyone is close to Pittsburgh...there is a glitter pony waiting for someone
Dorian Arloe

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:16 pm

Which store?
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:17 pm

Well the glitters for Sweetie are out!!! I just got one!

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:17 pm

Arloe8 wrote:If anyone is close to Pittsburgh...there is a glitter pony waiting for someone

I'm only a little over an hour away, can't swing it today though, bummer...Renirawr lives in that area though I do believe.
wenhol8710 on Instagram

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:17 pm

AquaticNeon wrote:Well the glitters for Sweetie are out!!! I just got one!

Congrats!
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:21 pm

TulaBug wrote:Which store?

Westmoreland Mall, I just saw it on Facebook too. So close and yet so far from me. lol
wenhol8710 on Instagram

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:23 pm

yes that's the one!
Dorian Arloe

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:36 pm

wenhol8710 wrote:

Westmoreland Mall, I just saw it on Facebook too. So close and yet so far from me. lol

Too far from me, too. lol I'm on the other side of Pittsburgh. It's over an hour away from me.
I'm Renia and I'm addicted to all things My Little Pony!

@RainbowrificRenia on Instagram

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:50 pm

renirawr wrote:
wenhol8710 wrote:

Too far from me, too. lol I'm on the other side of Pittsburgh. It's over an hour away from me.

If it is too far for you then I should not make the 4 hour drive???
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:01 pm

TulaBug wrote:If it is too far for you then I should not make the 4 hour drive???

Honestly, if I had the time to go out there, I would. All of this moving into a house business is just seriously cutting into my pony hunting time!

I was able to pick up a regular Sweetie Belle though, because I had to stop by the mall for something. I also have an Apple Bloom on her way to me.
I'm Renia and I'm addicted to all things My Little Pony!

@RainbowrificRenia on Instagram

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:05 pm

renirawr wrote:
TulaBug wrote:If it is too far for you then I should not make the 4 hour drive???

Honestly, if I had the time to go out there, I would. All of this moving into a house business is just seriously cutting into my pony hunting time!

I was able to pick up a regular Sweetie Belle though, because I had to stop by the mall for something. I also have an Apple Bloom on her way to me.

I know how you feel. I have driven up to 2 hours to get for funatics. Don't tell Scotty.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:11 pm

TulaBug wrote:
renirawr wrote:

I know how you feel. I have driven up to 2 hours to get for funatics. Don't tell Scotty.

4hrs is a long drive especially if there is no guarantee it will be there for you...no other PA Funatics?
Dorian Arloe

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:18 pm

Arloe8 wrote:
TulaBug wrote:
renirawr wrote:

4hrs is a long drive especially if there is no guarantee it will be there for you...no other PA Funatics?

Funko 567
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:08 am

At the very least I am glad the glitters are popping up. The sweetie belle glitter is so cute!

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

Return to “Vinyl”