Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
theredwitch

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby theredwitch » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:22 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
renardchua wrote:
theredwitch wrote:I'm still super pressed they haven't done a Merida one since they did (almost) all of the other princesses but I'm thankful for the Sansa because they'll never do a proper reheaded pop.

Merida is perhaps a SDCC exclusive?

That'd be nice. I'm sure we'll see atleast one Rock Candy SDCC, maybe a couple depending on how many exclusives they end up doing this year. I'm expecting a ton since its the 50th anniversary. Maybe they'll do 50 Funko exclusives? (my wallet just started crying as I thought/typed that)

I can hear my wallet ringing from here and I'll be at the con so that helps nothing. [-o<
ImageImage Image
ISO: White Phoenix, White Phoenix GITD, Robb Stark, Grey Wind
SDCC 2009 - SDCC 2010 - SDCC 2011 - SDCC 2012 - SDCC 2014 - SDCC 2015 - SDCC 2016 - SDCC 2017 - SDCC 2018 - SDCC 2019

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:32 pm

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE STRANGER THINGS ROCK CANDY !!! AM I ALONE?
INSTAGRAM: @Pop.A.Razzi

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:57 am

Pop_A_Razzi wrote:I WOULD LOVE TO SEE STRANGER THINGS ROCK CANDY !!! AM I ALONE?

Not at all! This could be cool if done right
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:13 am

I know probably silly but I feel like they should have left RC as female only characters. Cannot really explain it just a thought.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:18 am

I know probably silly but I feel like they should have left RC as female only characters. Cannot really explain it just a thought.

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:30 am

dmitch86 wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:I WOULD LOVE TO SEE STRANGER THINGS ROCK CANDY !!! AM I ALONE?

They did such a good Job when they did Harry Potter , i have high hopes they could really make this something great

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:34 am

Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

They did such a good Job when they did Harry Potter , i have high hopes they could really make this something great

Bo Peep, and Jessie would be perfect. Obviously many of the others would be great as well, but Rock Candy molds are predominantly female. Harry Potter's line was definitely handled differently when it came to this.
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:56 am

dmitch86 wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

Bo Peep, and Jessie would be perfect. Obviously many of the others would be great as well, but Rock Candy molds are predominantly female. Harry Potter's line was definitely handled differently when it came to this.

I honestly think Rock Candy is the most underrated beautiful line ever!! the details are amazing and I love that it has been predominately female lol but i may be the slightest bit biased ;-)
Jesse and BO Peep would be amazig but lets not forget our TS version of Barbie too lol

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:05 am

Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:

I honestly think Rock Candy is the most underrated beautiful line ever!! the details are amazing and I love that it has been predominately female lol but i may be the slightest bit biased ;-)
Jesse and BO Peep would be amazig but lets not forget our TS version of Barbie too lol

lol I think a Mr Potato head would be pretty awesome too. I know it'd be different. But it'd definitely be fun haha

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:19 am

dmitch86 wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

lol I think a Mr Potato head would be pretty awesome too. I know it'd be different. But it'd definitely be fun haha

lol lol he'd end up looking like a fingerling Potato lol lol lol omg like when he couldnt find his body and was attached to a pita bread lol lol

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:54 am

Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:

lol lol he'd end up looking like a fingerling Potato lol lol lol omg like when he couldnt find his body and was attached to a pita bread lol lol

lol lol that was totally a typo too. i meant mrS potato head lol lol but MR potato head would be pretty hilarious!

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

beachball48

Postby beachball48 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:56 pm

Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:

I'd be down for Bo Peep and Barbie from Toy Story...a Ken would also be brilliant! I agree, I like that most RC are female, but c'mon...some exceptions are worth it! I hear he's not in TS4 though :(

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:05 pm

hailmary25 wrote:I know probably silly but I feel like they should have left RC as female only characters. Cannot really explain it just a thought.

No, I feel the same way? As much as I love Newt, Hot Dumbledore, and Neville, the HP line doing male characters just felt weird. They look good but I would've preferred it if all the RC done were female too.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:18 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:I know probably silly but I feel like they should have left RC as female only characters. Cannot really explain it just a thought.

No, I feel the same way? As much as I love Newt, Hot Dumbledore, and Neville, the HP line doing male characters just felt weird. They look good but I would've preferred it if all the RC done were female too.

Glad im not the only way. The HP guys are okay, but if they're going to do the guys from there why not something else?

Unless maybe that was their trial into the rock candy men, and it didn't do well?

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:59 am

dmitch86 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

Glad im not the only way. The HP guys are okay, but if they're going to do the guys from there why not something else?

Unless maybe that was their trial into the rock candy men, and it didn't do well?

phew super happy not only one. And yeah they only did those ones like you said. I hope it stays that way

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:05 am

I'm excited to see what Rock Candy we'll get for SDCC. Still need a Merida comfy princess, but with Endgame and Game of Thrones could see something from there being done as well. Maybe a Pepper Potts Rescue suit? or Endgame Blackwidow?

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:21 pm

dmitch86 wrote:I'm excited to see what Rock Candy we'll get for SDCC. Still need a Merida comfy princess, but with Endgame and Game of Thrones could see something from there being done as well. Maybe a Pepper Potts Rescue suit? or Endgame Blackwidow?

I hope we get Merida and Cinderella soon to finish off the Comfy Princesses. They're the last two we're missing (even though Tiana still hasn't dropped yet.) I'd love a Scarlet Witch from Endgame with a matching Pop. Game of Thrones, they could do a couple, probably a new Daenerys or Sansa.

Non-convention, I'd really like to see Sailor Moon make the jump to the Rock Candy line. It'd be perfect to do the Princess forms of them too.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:27 pm

I love how Rock Candy is mainly women, but the style would look great with so many male characters too. Pennywise! lol What male characters would you guys want to see as a Rock Candy?
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

beachball48

Postby beachball48 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:18 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:I love how Rock Candy is mainly women, but the style would look great with so many male characters too. Pennywise! lol What male characters would you guys want to see as a Rock Candy?

My #1 male choice would be Vega from Street Fighter. I just think he would look fierce as a Rock Candy... maybe a chase without his mask. A guy can dream!

I'd also be super excited for a male character from DC Bombshells. Stephen Trevor would be my #1 choice.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:20 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:I love how Rock Candy is mainly women, but the style would look great with so many male characters too. Pennywise! lol What male characters would you guys want to see as a Rock Candy?

I'd love to see some power rangers rock candy. Kimberly and Aisha would be awesome in this form. The guys could look really cool too if done right. They'd even have the option to do Alpha.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:45 am

I am surprised Funko hasn’t try maybe a character in lingerie Rock Candy figure. That would be very interesting
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:38 am

MacKazoo wrote:I am surprised Funko hasn’t try maybe a character in lingerie Rock Candy figure. That would be very interesting

Maybe a little to risque? IDK though, they do have bloody pops, and pops with guns or cigars?

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:57 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:

I can Totally see where you guys are coming from, it was nice having an all girl cast for a while

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:41 am

dmitch86 wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:I am surprised Funko hasn’t try maybe a character in lingerie Rock Candy figure. That would be very interesting

Maybe a little to risque? IDK though, they do have bloody pops, and pops with guns or cigars?

If Funko can get away with Alex wearing his mask and Felix in apron with his butt sticking out. I am sure they can
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:25 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:Non-convention, I'd really like to see Sailor Moon make the jump to the Rock Candy line. It'd be perfect to do the Princess forms of them too.

I know RC has been struggling lately (which is a huge shame because it's my favorite Funko line :-({|= ), but I think the reason it initially failed to make such a huge splash was because it didn't utilize the right franchises right away.

So that being said, I'm downright BAFFLED as to why Funko hasn't made RCs around anime or games like Sailor Moon or Overwatch. Both of those franchises have huge, enthusiastic fanbases and an enormous roster of popular, diverse female characters. Even the most casual of Overwatch fan would pick up D.Va or Sombra if that's their main, you know? And a die-hard fan would want to buy them all! Same with the Sailor Scouts!

I just don't get it. This line has such incredible potential due to the detail and the price range, but because its take-off was less than stellar, it's like Funko has no clue what to do with it except abandon it...
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:32 pm

RoboFist wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:Non-convention, I'd really like to see Sailor Moon make the jump to the Rock Candy line. It'd be perfect to do the Princess forms of them too.

I know RC has been struggling lately (which is a huge shame because it's my favorite Funko line :-({|= ), but I think the reason it initially failed to make such a huge splash was because it didn't utilize the right franchises right away.

So that being said, I'm downright BAFFLED as to why Funko hasn't made RCs around anime or games like Sailor Moon or Overwatch. Both of those franchises have huge, enthusiastic fanbases and an enormous roster of popular, diverse female characters. Even the most casual of Overwatch fan would pick up D.Va or Sombra if that's their main, you know? And a die-hard fan would want to buy them all! Same with the Sailor Scouts!

I just don't get it. This line has such incredible potential due to the detail and the price range, but because its take-off was less than stellar, it's like Funko has no clue what to do with it except abandon it...

This is all Barbie's fault. :evil:

Kidding, but I agree. I'd love to see Overwatch Rock Candy. With the number of skins and female characters in the game, this line would be perfect for them. I'd kill for a Mercy Rock Candy! Sailor Moon would be the biggest win here though. I think if Funko would just look at some of their licenses they would see they could do well with this product.

Do I think there will be full waves like the comfy princesses? No, but I wish they'd put out a few more. Marvel and DC are also big hits. Maybe if they just stuck to IPs that are big and popular for awhile, they could increase the sales of RC? I don't know. I don't know how these things work. I'd just really love more Rock Candy figures. They're also quickly becoming one of my favorite product lines.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:49 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
RoboFist wrote:

This is all Barbie's fault. :evil:

Kidding, but I agree. I'd love to see Overwatch Rock Candy. With the number of skins and female characters in the game, this line would be perfect for them. I'd kill for a Mercy Rock Candy! Sailor Moon would be the biggest win here though. I think if Funko would just look at some of their licenses they would see they could do well with this product.

Do I think there will be full waves like the comfy princesses? No, but I wish they'd put out a few more. Marvel and DC are also big hits. Maybe if they just stuck to IPs that are big and popular for awhile, they could increase the sales of RC? I don't know. I don't know how these things work. I'd just really love more Rock Candy figures. They're also quickly becoming one of my favorite product lines.

I totally agree. They have so much more they could do with it. They did an awesome job with the comfy princess waves (if they could just finish it). I think they could do so many other franchises. With how well endgame and GOT did recently they could have easily gotten a small wave of RC's for each that I'm sure would have done great. A Wrinkle In Time is another movie that comes to mind, my wife loved that movie, I know they made the pops but with all the female roles from this movie it would have been great for RC as well.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:20 pm

Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

I can Totally see where you guys are coming from, it was nice having an all girl cast for a while

So far bresides HP it still is (i Think)

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:31 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

I was just looking at a list of the rock candys, it was not complete but HP was the only line I could find with Male figures, what was more interesting was there are like 8 different molds of male figures from the HP line. I did not realize there were that many!

http://funkopopnews.com/locker-room/fun ... andy-list/

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:49 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

no Because they also had that little figure skating guys, I think its called Yuri on ICE lol lol

beachball48

Postby beachball48 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:

no Because they also had that little figure skating guys, I think its called Yuri on ICE lol lol

I loved the Yuri on ICE Rock Candy figs! They are both chillin' in my collection... I mostly wanted Yuri, but ended up getting Yurio too. I wish they had a Victor!

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:29 pm

beachball48 wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I loved the Yuri on ICE Rock Candy figs! They are both chillin' in my collection... I mostly wanted Yuri, but ended up getting Yurio too. I wish they had a Victor!

ive never seen it !!! now i have to!!

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
beachball48 wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:

haha I'd never seen it either. I seen the RC figure, and just scrolled past it, I thougt it was another female figure... my bad! haha

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:37 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
beachball48 wrote:

haha I'd never seen it either. I seen the RC figure, and just scrolled past it, I thougt it was another female figure... my bad! haha

LMAO !!! omg you made my morning.... i swear i don't think I've ever even seen a trailer

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:37 pm

Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:

LMAO !!! omg you made my morning.... i swear i don't think I've ever even seen a trailer

haha your welcome

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

calpolo17

Postby calpolo17 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Not-so-patiently waiting for some RC SDCC news.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:53 pm

I finally got Tiana! I'm hoping we'll get Cinderella and Merida here at SDCC so I can have the entire set of princesses. Or at least one at SDCC and the other at NYCC.

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:27 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:I finally got Tiana! I'm hoping we'll get Cinderella and Merida here at SDCC so I can have the entire set of princesses. Or at least one at SDCC and the other at NYCC.

I'm hoping for Merida to show up in the Disney exclusives. And I would love to see some Overwatch rock candy figures (although I don't think my favourites would be high on the priority list) at some point.

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:50 am

BrienneTheBlue wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:I finally got Tiana! I'm hoping we'll get Cinderella and Merida here at SDCC so I can have the entire set of princesses. Or at least one at SDCC and the other at NYCC.

I'm hoping for Merida to show up in the Disney exclusives. And I would love to see some Overwatch rock candy figures (although I don't think my favourites would be high on the priority list) at some point.

Fingers crossed we get some info soon.

Who are your Overwatch favorites?

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:21 am

when do you think they'll start announcing the other Funko lines for SDCC you know we'll see at least one RC

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Vinyl”