Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 823
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Wed May 09, 2018 5:50 am

Image

User avatar
PopGoestheJess
Posts: 2491
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby PopGoestheJess » Wed May 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Better late than never I guess...
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

User avatar
aussiepopgirl95
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:57 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby aussiepopgirl95 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:44 am

Gothamite wrote:Image


I love it! Looks great! :)

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 823
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Thu May 10, 2018 9:41 am

Yes, it's very nice, though I'm surprised the Vinyl Vixen was released when the movie was in theatres instead of this. Funko was already planning on canceling the Vinyl Vixens line, and Rock Candies were just getting started. This would've sold very well in 2016.

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby kihou » Thu May 10, 2018 11:12 am

Gothamite wrote:Yes, it's very nice, though I'm surprised the Vinyl Vixen was released when the movie was in theatres instead of this. Funko was already planning on canceling the Vinyl Vixens line, and Rock Candies were just getting started. This would've sold very well in 2016.

That's true, it's odd it's coming out so much later. But I think Harley will sell anytime :) I hope this one has a good paint job.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Sailor Moon: Sailor Mars (Posed), Sailor Jupiter (Posed), Sailor Mercury (Posed) (Specialty Series)
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Harry Potter series 3: Basilisk (B&N)

g3ohss
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:13 pm
Location: Sunland, CA
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby g3ohss » Fri May 11, 2018 12:43 am

Have the rock candy boxes changed recently. Purchased my first one a while back. I recently went to the store to find another and the box is smaller?
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
OtoriKohaku
Posts: 824
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 8:50 pm
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby OtoriKohaku » Fri May 11, 2018 12:51 am

SS Harley looks great. hopefully, the final product looks as good as the glam. Suicide Squad did come out almost 2 years ago though... So I wonder why it's now they're releasing it
Image
ISO: DJ Sona: Concussive, Miraculous Ladybug Protos, Big Daddy, Zer0
Funko Count: More than a kid should probably have


Hi there, I'm Tanner! :toothy8:
IG:
@Otori_Kohaku_

User avatar
OtoriKohaku
Posts: 824
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 8:50 pm
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby OtoriKohaku » Fri May 11, 2018 12:53 am

g3ohss wrote:Have the rock candy boxes changed recently. Purchased my first one a while back. I recently went to the store to find another and the box is smaller?


Some Rock Candies (usually at Target) now have smaller boxes to accommodate the little tab on top so they can be placed on pegs. Contents are the same as far as Rock Candies go. It's just got a smaller box.
Image
ISO: DJ Sona: Concussive, Miraculous Ladybug Protos, Big Daddy, Zer0
Funko Count: More than a kid should probably have


Hi there, I'm Tanner! :toothy8:
IG:
@Otori_Kohaku_

g3ohss
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:13 pm
Location: Sunland, CA
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby g3ohss » Fri May 11, 2018 12:55 am

OtoriKohaku wrote:
g3ohss wrote:Have the rock candy boxes changed recently. Purchased my first one a while back. I recently went to the store to find another and the box is smaller?


Some Rock Candies (usually at Target) now have smaller boxes to accommodate the little tab on top so they can be placed on pegs. Contents are the same as far as Rock Candies go. It's just got a smaller box.

Got it thank you. Stopped collecting them for a while and went back today was surprised.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Lyndsay_wagner
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:10 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Lyndsay_wagner » Fri May 11, 2018 5:44 am

This glam looks amazing! In fact the sculp looks more life like than the other rock candy’s have in previous. I can’t wait to own this one as well.
ImageImage
Image ImageImageImage
Instagram: Lyndsaywagner

User avatar
acbernardez
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:26 am

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby acbernardez » Fri May 11, 2018 7:14 am

Gothamite wrote:Image


I'd agree. These new Rock Candy glams look awesome! I think they would've done well beefing up the Vinyl Vixen line earlier on though. It's a shame to see those go.
Image Image
Image ImageImage

User avatar
kingdomcustoms
Posts: 471
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:33 am
Location: Criciuma
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby kingdomcustoms » Fri May 11, 2018 10:00 am

Really love this Harley, so much nicer than the Pop and Dorbz. It'd be awesome if they did a Rock Candy of her as Dr. Harleen!
:freddy2:
Pop Count: 208; Latest: Professor Quirrell
Dorbz Count: 58; Latest: Wonder Woman Invisibe Jet
Rock Candy's: 24; Latest Pocahontas
Favourite Pop's: Dracula, Pain & Panic, OG Belle
Favourite Dorbz: Alice 4-pack, Green Arrow/Black Canary, Penelope Pitstop
Favourite Rock Candy's: Sirius, Bellatrix, and Jessica Rabbit
Custom Count: 24 Pops, 4 PSH, 43 Dorbz, 16 Misc; Most Recent: Evan Hansen Dorbz

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 823
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Fri May 11, 2018 10:27 am

g3ohss wrote:
OtoriKohaku wrote:
g3ohss wrote:Have the rock candy boxes changed recently. Purchased my first one a while back. I recently went to the store to find another and the box is smaller?


Some Rock Candies (usually at Target) now have smaller boxes to accommodate the little tab on top so they can be placed on pegs. Contents are the same as far as Rock Candies go. It's just got a smaller box.

Got it thank you. Stopped collecting them for a while and went back today was surprised.


All Rock Candies are in the thinner boxes with hanging tabs now.

User avatar
OtoriKohaku
Posts: 824
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 8:50 pm
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby OtoriKohaku » Fri May 11, 2018 10:33 am

Gothamite wrote:
g3ohss wrote:
OtoriKohaku wrote:
Some Rock Candies (usually at Target) now have smaller boxes to accommodate the little tab on top so they can be placed on pegs. Contents are the same as far as Rock Candies go. It's just got a smaller box.

Got it thank you. Stopped collecting them for a while and went back today was surprised.


All Rock Candies are in the thinner boxes with hanging tabs now.

Really? The ToysRUs Ravens I’ve seen still have the old, larger boxes.
Image
ISO: DJ Sona: Concussive, Miraculous Ladybug Protos, Big Daddy, Zer0
Funko Count: More than a kid should probably have


Hi there, I'm Tanner! :toothy8:
IG:
@Otori_Kohaku_

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 823
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Fri May 11, 2018 10:58 am

They used that box to match Starfire bc her head is so big. lol But yeah, everything uses the thinner box, in part bc Rock Candies don't sell well. Retailers probably asked Funko to create a smaller product footprint.

Baseman314
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 6:04 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Baseman314 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:02 am

aussiepopgirl95 wrote:
Gothamite wrote:Image


I love it! Looks great! :)

I know I so excited to add this to my collection of rock candy.
Pops: 2300
Dorbz: 5
Rock Candy: 65
Mystery Mini: 150

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby kihou » Fri May 11, 2018 2:46 pm

OtoriKohaku wrote:
Gothamite wrote:
g3ohss wrote:Got it thank you. Stopped collecting them for a while and went back today was surprised.


All Rock Candies are in the thinner boxes with hanging tabs now.

Really? The ToysRUs Ravens I’ve seen still have the old, larger boxes.

Yeah, I think those were out just before the switch over. The Hot Topic ones like Maleficent and Cruella are now the hanger tab ones.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Sailor Moon: Sailor Mars (Posed), Sailor Jupiter (Posed), Sailor Mercury (Posed) (Specialty Series)
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Harry Potter series 3: Basilisk (B&N)

User avatar
OtoriKohaku
Posts: 824
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 8:50 pm
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby OtoriKohaku » Fri May 11, 2018 3:45 pm

Ah okay. Now that I think of it, I have seen the smaller boxes more prevalently than I originally thought.
Image
ISO: DJ Sona: Concussive, Miraculous Ladybug Protos, Big Daddy, Zer0
Funko Count: More than a kid should probably have


Hi there, I'm Tanner! :toothy8:
IG:
@Otori_Kohaku_

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 823
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Fri May 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Yeah, strictly speaking, even Starfire and Wobblers fit inside the smaller box.

Image

Image

Lexi
Posts: 480
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:46 am

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Lexi » Fri May 11, 2018 6:25 pm

OtoriKohaku wrote:Ah okay. Now that I think of it, I have seen the smaller boxes more prevalently than I originally thought.


I didn’t realize that either.

User avatar
JohnnyPOP
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri May 11, 2018 6:55 pm

I haven't seen any of the new Rocky Candy at work, so all I have to go off of is the HP ones we've got still hanging around. But hopefully we get some more? I want Hela and this new Harley.
Image
Y'all can call me Jonathan. Instagram @funkojohnny
Your friendly neighborhood bookseller.

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 823
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Sat May 12, 2018 10:51 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:I haven't seen any of the new Rocky Candy at work, so all I have to go off of is the HP ones we've got still hanging around. But hopefully we get some more? I want Hela and this new Harley.


B&N probably felt burned by all the unsold Barbie Rock Candies and have the Harry Potter ones mostly due to the Harry Potter kiosks.

User avatar
smitre
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby smitre » Sat May 12, 2018 5:06 pm

I don't remember seeing any announcement for a B&N exclusive Elastigirl Rock Candy. It has Elastigirl in her new suit for Incredibles 2. Randomly came across it today when looking for the B&N exclusive Mr. Rogers Pop.

User avatar
JohnnyPOP
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat May 12, 2018 11:31 pm

Gothamite wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:I haven't seen any of the new Rocky Candy at work, so all I have to go off of is the HP ones we've got still hanging around. But hopefully we get some more? I want Hela and this new Harley.


B&N probably felt burned by all the unsold Barbie Rock Candies and have the Harry Potter ones mostly due to the Harry Potter kiosks.


Oh yeah. Our Barbie RC all pretty much sat around until they were clearanced out. And other than the HP ones, my store hasn't seen any others really. Which is kind of sad since I do like them. I think we got like, one single Wonder Woman at one point.
Image
Y'all can call me Jonathan. Instagram @funkojohnny
Your friendly neighborhood bookseller.

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 823
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Sun May 13, 2018 3:39 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:Oh yeah. Our Barbie RC all pretty much sat around until they were clearanced out. And other than the HP ones, my store hasn't seen any others really. Which is kind of sad since I do like them. I think we got like, one single Wonder Woman at one point.


They're my favorite Funko products. I seriously want the life-size Batgirl inside Funko HQ.

Image

User avatar
JohnnyPOP
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sun May 13, 2018 9:01 am

Gothamite wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:Oh yeah. Our Barbie RC all pretty much sat around until they were clearanced out. And other than the HP ones, my store hasn't seen any others really. Which is kind of sad since I do like them. I think we got like, one single Wonder Woman at one point.


They're my favorite Funko products. I seriously want the life-size Batgirl inside Funko HQ.

Image


If anyone deserves that giant Batgirl, it's you.

I found some at HPB and Target when I was out, but none that I wanted, which is sad. Luck isn't on my side!
Image
Y'all can call me Jonathan. Instagram @funkojohnny
Your friendly neighborhood bookseller.

User avatar
MadLove
Posts: 3526
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:47 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby MadLove » Sun May 13, 2018 11:06 am

Still just waiting for more DC Bombshells Rock Candy :sigh:
Image

ISO PROTOS: Jareth, Ludo and Worm, any and all Fury Road, Mr. Bean, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and any future Lost Boys.

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 823
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Sun May 13, 2018 7:00 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:If anyone deserves that giant Batgirl, it's you.


=D> I just sent Funko an e-mail asking how a regular customer can obtain one of those things.

MadLove wrote:Still just waiting for more DC Bombshells Rock Candy :sigh:


:-$ More are on the way...

User avatar
smitre
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby smitre » Mon May 14, 2018 5:16 pm

I'm saying this as a non Disney collector and someone who only owns a couple Rock Candy...

The Tinker Bell Diamond Collection Rock Candy is easily one of my favorite Funko pieces. I am a big Star Wars collector and this Tinker tops most of them for me. Pose, Tinker Bell attitude, and quality of the glitter application all come together for something special.

jcrook
Posts: 360
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:34 am
Location: Texas

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby jcrook » Mon May 14, 2018 5:19 pm

smitre wrote:I'm saying this as a non Disney collector and someone who only owns a couple Rock Candy...

The Tinker Bell Diamond Collection Rock Candy is easily one of my favorite Funko pieces. I am a big Star Wars collector and this Tinker tops most of them for me. Pose, Tinker Bell attitude, and quality of the glitter application all come together for something special.

Yes, I agree, the pose, "her expression" it just screams attitude. love it.
I go by Crook.

User avatar
allamarane
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby allamarane » Wed May 30, 2018 12:18 am

The new HP Rock Candy are out at HQ - they had Dumbledore, Voldemort and Ron (plus the earlier wave).

User avatar
JohnnyPOP
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed May 30, 2018 1:08 am

allamarane wrote:The new HP Rock Candy are out at HQ - they had Dumbledore, Voldemort and Ron (plus the earlier wave).


Didn't we already have a Ron from the original wave? And I don't even remember them announcing new HP RC lol
Image
Y'all can call me Jonathan. Instagram @funkojohnny
Your friendly neighborhood bookseller.

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 823
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:34 am

Tons of Pink and White Ravens still available at some Toys R Us locations. This was at the Sunset Rd store in Henderson, NV.

Image

User avatar
PopGoestheJess
Posts: 2491
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:48 pm

Preorder pick up from Gamestop.

Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

User avatar
RoboFist
Posts: 1301
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby RoboFist » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:10 pm

Not my pic (found on a Facebook group), but apparently in CA...

Image

New Harry Potter Rock Candy sighted at Barnes & Noble as a store exclusive, and...MAN this looks great. I've been waiting for Funko to do something with Deathly Hallows Neville, and THIS looks incredible!

Considering it's on the sales floor, available to purchase, I can't imagine that this would be considered a leak...?
On Hand: 309
Latest: Dr. Junkenstein
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

User avatar
JohnnyPOP
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:26 pm

RoboFist wrote:Not my pic (found on a Facebook group), but apparently in CA...

Image

New Harry Potter Rock Candy sighted at Barnes & Noble as a store exclusive, and...MAN this looks great. I've been waiting for Funko to do something with Deathly Hallows Neville, and THIS looks incredible!

Considering it's on the sales floor, available to purchase, I can't imagine that this would be considered a leak...?


Unless Funko issued a SOS date and they ignored it, I don't think it counts as a leak either?? This might be the only male Rock Candy I get though (haven't been a fan of them) because damn he does look great!
Image
Y'all can call me Jonathan. Instagram @funkojohnny
Your friendly neighborhood bookseller.

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 823
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:29 pm

It looks like BBTS has picked up the Toys R Us Pink and White Ravens.

Pink Raven: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... ails/73201

White Raven: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... ails/73198

User avatar
aussiepopgirl95
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:57 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby aussiepopgirl95 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:09 am

PopGoestheJess wrote:Preorder pick up from Gamestop.



I love this Harley Quinn! Looks great!

User avatar
allamarane
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby allamarane » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:01 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:Unless Funko issued a SOS date and they ignored it, I don't think it counts as a leak either?? This might be the only male Rock Candy I get though (haven't been a fan of them) because damn he does look great!


He looks amazing out of box!

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 823
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:57 pm

The full-price ones are on sale for $7.50 at GameStop: https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k ... andy,28zu0


Return to “Vinyl”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users