Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
digithor
Posts: 1945
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby digithor » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:45 pm

partner-in-crime wrote:
kihou wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:I have a feeling that because the failure of The Dark Phoenix hurt sales for more rock candy releases for the time. It’s going to be a while for more to be released.

Which is so unfortunate because the Dark Phoenix Rock Candys were two of the best figures Funko has produced. The poses and fire base are really cool.


Yes they were but I think when a movie doesn't do well it flows into the merchandise too, which is sad :-s


That is the truth there, even how good the merchandise is.
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

User avatar
MacKazoo
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby MacKazoo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:16 am

digithor wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:
kihou wrote:Which is so unfortunate because the Dark Phoenix Rock Candys were two of the best figures Funko has produced. The poses and fire base are really cool.


Yes they were but I think when a movie doesn't do well it flows into the merchandise too, which is sad :-s


That is the truth there, even how good the merchandise is.

That’s what even hurts more when the merchandise is better than the actual movie
ISO: Captain Cutler's Ghost.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.

digithor
Posts: 1945
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby digithor » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:00 am

MacKazoo wrote:
digithor wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:
Yes they were but I think when a movie doesn't do well it flows into the merchandise too, which is sad :-s


That is the truth there, even how good the merchandise is.

That’s what even hurts more when the merchandise is better than the actual movie


At least sometimes we are able to get stuff easier though.
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

User avatar
MacKazoo
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby MacKazoo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:23 am

digithor wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
digithor wrote:
That is the truth there, even how good the merchandise is.

That’s what even hurts more when the merchandise is better than the actual movie


At least sometimes we are able to get stuff easier though.

Yeah but it doesn’t help the future of RCs
ISO: Captain Cutler's Ghost.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.

User avatar
partner-in-crime
Posts: 710
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:40 am

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby partner-in-crime » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:27 pm

digithor wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
digithor wrote:
That is the truth there, even how good the merchandise is.

That’s what even hurts more when the merchandise is better than the actual movie


At least sometimes we are able to get stuff easier though.


And cheaper, it usually goes on clearance faster.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

digithor
Posts: 1945
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby digithor » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:54 pm

partner-in-crime wrote:
digithor wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:That’s what even hurts more when the merchandise is better than the actual movie


At least sometimes we are able to get stuff easier though.


And cheaper, it usually goes on clearance faster.


Clearance :cheers:
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

User avatar
MacKazoo
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby MacKazoo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:10 am

digithor wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:
digithor wrote:
At least sometimes we are able to get stuff easier though.


And cheaper, it usually goes on clearance faster.


Clearance :cheers:

Yeah but that also hurts the line, I mean Hot Hot Topic is trying to get rid of them in my area.
ISO: Captain Cutler's Ghost.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.

User avatar
dmitch86
Posts: 1908
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:03 pm
Location: Augusta, KS
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:16 am

MacKazoo wrote:
digithor wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:
And cheaper, it usually goes on clearance faster.


Clearance :cheers:

Yeah but that also hurts the line, I mean Hot Hot Topic is trying to get rid of them in my area.



Dang.. I dont even recall seeing any at our HT last time I was there.
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
MacKazoo
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby MacKazoo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:48 am

dmitch86 wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
digithor wrote:
Clearance :cheers:

Yeah but that also hurts the line, I mean Hot Hot Topic is trying to get rid of them in my area.



Dang.. I dont even recall seeing any at our HT last time I was there.

I hope they’re like Dorbz and become a convention only thing
ISO: Captain Cutler's Ghost.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.

digithor
Posts: 1945
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby digithor » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:14 am

dmitch86 wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
digithor wrote:
Clearance :cheers:

Yeah but that also hurts the line, I mean Hot Hot Topic is trying to get rid of them in my area.



Dang.. I dont even recall seeing any at our HT last time I was there.


I usually see one of my local HT with Rock Candy stock all the time. Not as big of a hit around here.
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

User avatar
Nis_chac
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Nis_chac » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:06 am

Just wanted to share some pics of my only Rock Candy. I think the sculpt, detail, and stance of this one is pretty cool!
more pics here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1fe--tAEiW
Violin! :-({|=
I have about 210 total Funko products and growing!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography

User avatar
MacKazoo
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby MacKazoo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:36 am

I’m probably going to trade my last two rock candy soon.
ISO: Captain Cutler's Ghost.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.

User avatar
YeetGrimes
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:53 pm
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Save the Rock Candy!!! I'd love more characters I love in this style. I'd love to see Beverly from It or maybe even MLP characters.
Hiya, I'm Julie! I cosplayed as Pennywise at Funko Fundays 2019! I'm an It completist but also love to collect things from other movies, TV shows, games, etc. that I like.

I'm also an aspiring artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias:

Instagram: @julie.swaglord.grimes
Twitter: @YeetGrimes
ImageImage

User avatar
MacKazoo
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby MacKazoo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:43 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:Save the Rock Candy!!! I'd love more characters I love in this style. I'd love to see Beverly from It or maybe even MLP characters.

Beverly would be interesting especially with a chase
ISO: Captain Cutler's Ghost.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.

User avatar
partner-in-crime
Posts: 710
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:40 am

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby partner-in-crime » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Nis_chac wrote:Just wanted to share some pics of my only Rock Candy. I think the sculpt, detail, and stance of this one is pretty cool!
more pics here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1fe--tAEiW


Very cool, which is why I hope the line continues.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

User avatar
YeetGrimes
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:53 pm
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:22 pm

MacKazoo wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:Save the Rock Candy!!! I'd love more characters I love in this style. I'd love to see Beverly from It or maybe even MLP characters.

Beverly would be interesting especially with a chase

Yes!!!
Hiya, I'm Julie! I cosplayed as Pennywise at Funko Fundays 2019! I'm an It completist but also love to collect things from other movies, TV shows, games, etc. that I like.

I'm also an aspiring artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias:

Instagram: @julie.swaglord.grimes
Twitter: @YeetGrimes
ImageImage

Carolinamelgoza
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Carolinamelgoza » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:47 pm

I'm still waiting for the comfy princess rock candy Merida and Cinderella!!! :-({|=

User avatar
renardchua
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby renardchua » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:13 am

Carolinamelgoza wrote:I'm still waiting for the comfy princess rock candy Merida and Cinderella!!! :-({|=


Same here, but it looks like they are already stopping the Rock Candy line. :( Don't see any new releases from the last month or so.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

User avatar
dmitch86
Posts: 1908
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:03 pm
Location: Augusta, KS
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:48 am

renardchua wrote:
Carolinamelgoza wrote:I'm still waiting for the comfy princess rock candy Merida and Cinderella!!! :-({|=


Same here, but it looks like they are already stopping the Rock Candy line. :( Don't see any new releases from the last month or so.



Was hooping for something RC out of NYCC... guess not :(
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
MacKazoo
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby MacKazoo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:01 am

dmitch86 wrote:
renardchua wrote:
Carolinamelgoza wrote:I'm still waiting for the comfy princess rock candy Merida and Cinderella!!! :-({|=


Same here, but it looks like they are already stopping the Rock Candy line. :( Don't see any new releases from the last month or so.



Was hooping for something RC out of NYCC... guess not :(

I really hope the dark phoenix didn’t kill the line
ISO: Captain Cutler's Ghost.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.

User avatar
JohnnyPOP
Posts: 4833
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:25 am

It's going to suck if they don't drop these final two characters to finish off the line. They could at least drop them as Funko Shop Exclusives.
Image

Frusie
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:58 am

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Frusie » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:04 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:It's going to suck if they don't drop these final two characters to finish off the line. They could at least drop them as Funko Shop Exclusives.

There's overwatch rock candy??

User avatar
JohnnyPOP
Posts: 4833
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:17 pm

Frusie wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:It's going to suck if they don't drop these final two characters to finish off the line. They could at least drop them as Funko Shop Exclusives.

There's overwatch rock candy??


I wish. I'd love them. But my post was about the Comfy Disney Princess line. We're still missing Cinderella and Merida.
Image

User avatar
synergy56
Posts: 2602
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby synergy56 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:55 pm

I love the Rock Candy line and really hope they're not ending. I always wanted to see a Princess Leia in Rock Candy form.
Hi, I'm Merri!
Image

Frusie
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:58 am

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Frusie » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:23 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
Frusie wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:It's going to suck if they don't drop these final two characters to finish off the line. They could at least drop them as Funko Shop Exclusives.

There's overwatch rock candy??


I wish. I'd love them. But my post was about the Comfy Disney Princess line. We're still missing Cinderella and Merida.



Ahhhh my bad for not reading lol
They would be amazing though!

User avatar
YeetGrimes
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:53 pm
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:43 am

Are Rock Candy falling off as well?! :( It's a shame. There's so much opportunity for this line since it primarily focuses on the women of pop culture. It pairs well with Funko's WomenOfPower hashtag too.

I dream of seeing Beverly Marsh (both child and adult versions) in the Rock Candy style someday.

So far, I only own one Rock Candy (NYCC exclusive Grady Twins - the best NYCC exclusive to date, in my opinion) but I would totally buy more if there were more of my fandoms.
Hiya, I'm Julie! I cosplayed as Pennywise at Funko Fundays 2019! I'm an It completist but also love to collect things from other movies, TV shows, games, etc. that I like.

I'm also an aspiring artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias:

Instagram: @julie.swaglord.grimes
Twitter: @YeetGrimes
ImageImage

User avatar
dmitch86
Posts: 1908
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:03 pm
Location: Augusta, KS
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:45 am

I think the 5 star has kind of replaced rock candy and dorbz, which is a shame. Not a fan of the 5 star figures much. But really loved the Rock Candy and there are soo many pieces from existing lines I wish they could have finished :/
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 2125
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby kihou » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:53 am

YeetGrimes wrote:Are Rock Candy falling off as well?! :( It's a shame. There's so much opportunity for this line since it primarily focuses on the women of pop culture. It pairs well with Funko's WomenOfPower hashtag too.

I dream of seeing Beverly Marsh (both child and adult versions) in the Rock Candy style someday.

So far, I only own one Rock Candy (NYCC exclusive Grady Twins - the best NYCC exclusive to date, in my opinion) but I would totally buy more if there were more of my fandoms.

Even though it is usually more women focused, I could see them making a Pennywise in that style! His features are already kind of exaggerated and it could be interesting to see him "pinup"y lol
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives), War Machine (Common case)

User avatar
YeetGrimes
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:53 pm
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:16 pm

kihou wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:Are Rock Candy falling off as well?! :( It's a shame. There's so much opportunity for this line since it primarily focuses on the women of pop culture. It pairs well with Funko's WomenOfPower hashtag too.

I dream of seeing Beverly Marsh (both child and adult versions) in the Rock Candy style someday.

So far, I only own one Rock Candy (NYCC exclusive Grady Twins - the best NYCC exclusive to date, in my opinion) but I would totally buy more if there were more of my fandoms.

Even though it is usually more women focused, I could see them making a Pennywise in that style! His features are already kind of exaggerated and it could be interesting to see him "pinup"y lol

TOTALLY AGREE!!! This line isn't strictly women which is awesome too, so I'd LOVE to see Pennywise in this style too.
Hiya, I'm Julie! I cosplayed as Pennywise at Funko Fundays 2019! I'm an It completist but also love to collect things from other movies, TV shows, games, etc. that I like.

I'm also an aspiring artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias:

Instagram: @julie.swaglord.grimes
Twitter: @YeetGrimes
ImageImage

User avatar
JohnnyPOP
Posts: 4833
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:30 am

Was Dark Phoenix really the last release? I can't remember anything past that which is a shame. This line has a lot of potential still. The sculpts are great and they're affordable.
Image

User avatar
YeetGrimes
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:53 pm
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:05 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:I'd love to see them branch out into the Marvel line of characters! Would they have to be bobbleheads too though?

Also maybe some movie characters too.

As would I! And they've already made a couple such as Black Widow, Captain Marvel, etc. They are also bobbleheads due to licensing I believe :D
Hiya, I'm Julie! I cosplayed as Pennywise at Funko Fundays 2019! I'm an It completist but also love to collect things from other movies, TV shows, games, etc. that I like.

I'm also an aspiring artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias:

Instagram: @julie.swaglord.grimes
Twitter: @YeetGrimes
ImageImage

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 2125
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby kihou » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:02 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:I'd love to see them branch out into the Marvel line of characters! Would they have to be bobbleheads too though?

Also maybe some movie characters too.

As would I! And they've already made a couple such as Black Widow, Captain Marvel, etc. They are also bobbleheads due to licensing I believe :D

They do bobble, they are just realllly tight and don't bobble very much lol it's probably the closest they could get to not bobbling.

I'm still sour they didn't make a Rock Candy Nebula! Gamora and Mantis need their sister/pal :(
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives), War Machine (Common case)

User avatar
YeetGrimes
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:53 pm
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:26 am

kihou wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:I'd love to see them branch out into the Marvel line of characters! Would they have to be bobbleheads too though?

Also maybe some movie characters too.

As would I! And they've already made a couple such as Black Widow, Captain Marvel, etc. They are also bobbleheads due to licensing I believe :D

They do bobble, they are just realllly tight and don't bobble very much lol it's probably the closest they could get to not bobbling.

I'm still sour they didn't make a Rock Candy Nebula! Gamora and Mantis need their sister/pal :(

TOTALLY AGREE! Gamora and Nebula are my favorite Marvel duo for sure.
Hiya, I'm Julie! I cosplayed as Pennywise at Funko Fundays 2019! I'm an It completist but also love to collect things from other movies, TV shows, games, etc. that I like.

I'm also an aspiring artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias:

Instagram: @julie.swaglord.grimes
Twitter: @YeetGrimes
ImageImage

POPMichael
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:12 am

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby POPMichael » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:34 pm

Are they done with these? I was really hoping for WWE women. Like Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch and Bayley. Also, Legends like Chyna and Trish Stratus.

Was also hoping for the Hocus Pocus witches

User avatar
Quazimoto
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:17 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Quazimoto » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:04 pm

POPMichael wrote:Are they done with these? I was really hoping for WWE women. Like Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch and Bayley. Also, Legends like Chyna and Trish Stratus.

Was also hoping for the Hocus Pocus witches


WWE women seems like such a perfect fit for Rock Candy figures. I'm genuinely surprised it hasn't happened.
Image

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 910
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:14 pm

If you missed getting the Target Exclusive Black & Yellow Batgirl variant, it's now being sold at Half Price Books (along with Classic Supergirl). $6.99 each

User avatar
MacKazoo
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby MacKazoo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:08 am

Velma and Daphne from Scooby Doo would’ve made excellent choices
ISO: Captain Cutler's Ghost.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.


Return to “Vinyl”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users