Rock Candy and Marvel

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
Hourglass75

Rock Candy and Marvel

Postby Hourglass75 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:35 pm

Does anyone know if Funko has license to do a Rock Candy line for Marvel, or would they have to be done as bobble head Rock Candy?

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Re: Rock Candy and Marvel

Postby Geescube » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:44 pm

I know SOMEONE who would love this.

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:46 pm

:-k [-o<
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Milotti

Postby Milotti » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:56 pm

Rock Candy is my fave Funko line right now, so I welcome any new ladies to the line! Hopefully they'll announce more soon. But why bobblehead?

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:51 pm

Milotti wrote:Rock Candy is my fave Funko line right now, so I welcome any new ladies to the line! Hopefully they'll announce more soon. But why bobblehead?

I'm not sure if vinyl license is the same with Rock Candy as it is with POPs the reason Marvel POPs are all bobble heads is a work around with vinyl figure licenses.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:55 pm

I don't know about licenses but I would love to see the marvel ladies in this line!
2012 Rookie of the Year

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:01 pm

I have a feeling we could see it debut in the new MCC box

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:13 pm

funkystark wrote:I have a feeling we could see it debut in the new MCC box

I would love that! She-Hulk rock Candy would be awesome!
2012 Rookie of the Year

michellepop
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby michellepop » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:33 pm

funkystark wrote:I have a feeling we could see it debut in the new MCC box

:cheers: :cheers: Fingers crossed!!!

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:49 pm

Milotti wrote:Rock Candy is my fave Funko line right now, so I welcome any new ladies to the line! Hopefully they'll announce more soon. But why bobblehead?

Completely agree and since I'm not buying any of the Barbie I have all I'll buy right now.

I know last MCC insert stated the unmasked Iron Man Dorbz was replacment for what was suppose to be a new product line and suspect and really hope it was changed, in order to include it with this theme.
Last edited by Hourglass75 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:35 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the line because they are a bit...kid like, BUT I'd buy a bunch of Marvel figures for my daughter and put them on a high shelf for her.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:46 pm

Jezter wrote:I'm not a huge fan of the line because they are a bit...kid like, BUT I'd buy a bunch of Marvel figures for my daughter and put them on a high shelf for her.

I feel the same way about them looking too kiddie. Although my gf's niece loved the supergirl from the DC sub so I guess it is all about finding the right demographic for each line.
Instagram: thepop_life

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:52 pm

I'd love more Marvel ladies to get the Rock Candy treatment.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:25 pm

I caved and bought the HT exclusive Spider-Gwen from my local HT today. I had passed on it every time I went there over the last two months, but the Marvel ones are starting to grow on me. The bobble head aspect isn't bothering me as much as it had before, especially after looking at it up close and seeing how unnoticeable it is. Now I need to acquire the regular version from somewhere, likely online. There's one at my closest GS, but it's in horrible shape. There's paint missing on her nose and hair, and there's a big gap between where the hair is glued to the head. I have to imagine the majority aren't as bad as that. The masked version I bought looks pretty much flawless.
Last edited by HaloHawk87 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toralei

Postby Toralei » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:13 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:I have to imagine the majority aren't as bad as that.

No, they probably are. I've seen Gwen at five different GameStops and a 2nd & Charles, probably 15 figures total. All poor QC on the head, a few with poor QC all over.

Gwen's probably the only figure that's consistently horrible, though. Aside from some stray paint, thin paint, or New 52 Harley's mallet getting warped, everybody else seems pretty good. Maybe the Marvel ones were just first on the production line.

Some good inspiration this weekend for future choices. Hasbro debuted an A-Force box set. Buzz so far is quite positive. Lady Loki and Elsa Bloodstone would be my first two choices. But maybe Funko would go with Singularity first, on account of looking like actual rock candy.

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:30 pm

Toralei wrote:
HaloHawk87 wrote:I have to imagine the majority aren't as bad as that.

No, they probably are. I've seen Gwen at five different GameStops and a 2nd & Charles, probably 15 figures total. All poor QC on the head, a few with poor QC all over.

Gwen's probably the only figure that's consistently horrible, though. Aside from some stray paint, thin paint, or New 52 Harley's mallet getting warped, everybody else seems pretty good. Maybe the Marvel ones were just first on the production line.

Some good inspiration this weekend for future choices. Hasbro debuted an A-Force box set. Buzz so far is quite positive. Lady Loki and Elsa Bloodstone would be my first two choices. But maybe Funko would go with Singularity first, on account of looking like actual rock candy.

Ok, thanks for the info. I probably should try to get one from eBay that has a picture of a specific one that's for sale, rather than taking a chance on a random blind purchase from an online retailer.

Those Hasbro figures look nice. I especially like Bloodstone and Singularity.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:46 pm

Toralei wrote:No, they probably are. I've seen Gwen at five different GameStops and a 2nd & Charles, probably 15 figures total. All poor QC on the head, a few with poor QC all over.

I noticed that some RC figures are tanner than they appear on the box and during press release photos. I have yet to see reg Gwen anywhere where I live.
29/Male/CHINESE

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Has anyone seen the Walmart exclusive GITD She-Hulk yet? Still need her and the new Thor.
Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:12 am

Barryyyyy wrote:Has anyone seen the Walmart exclusive GITD She-Hulk yet? Still need her and the new Thor.

Not yet. I have a feeling I won't be seeing them at my Walmart. The only RCs they have had were DC, which they threw into the clearance section, and haven't had any RCs since.

Toralei

Postby Toralei » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:01 am

Funko did a retweet-to-win the glow She-Hulk on February 7, but I can't find a winner announcement for it.
I take that as a sign that it wasn't cancelled, but likely delayed.

https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/statu ... 5895969792

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:01 am

Just took a look to see if I entered (I did!) but considering Walmart responded to this one entrant, I assume they won? maybe? Didn't see that they responded to anyone else.

Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Barryyyyy wrote:Just took a look to see if I entered (I did!) but considering Walmart responded to this one entrant, I assume they won? maybe? Didn't see that they responded to anyone else.

Lucky person.
29/Male/CHINESE

Milotti

Postby Milotti » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:29 pm

I hope they make a Rock Candy of Hela for Thor: Ragnarok. I might have a girl crush on Cate Blanchett lol.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:31 am

Milotti wrote:I hope they make a Rock Candy of Hela for Thor: Ragnarok. I might have a girl crush on Cate Blanchett lol.

I hope so, too!
29/Male/CHINESE

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:33 pm

I decided to order the Gamora RC a couple of days ago from Amazon, and finally got it today. Unfortunately they shipped it in a smaller box than normal and without any air bags, and the RC box came damaged on a section on the back. Nothing super major, but it's noticeable. However, her paint is almost completely flawless. It's as close to perfect as I have seen on any RC, so I'm happy with it. She looks great. I saw several on eBay with bent swords, so I was worried about that. Mine looks better than most, just has a very small curve. I'm passing on Mantis for now. I've seen pictures of a couple on eBay, and the shape of the head looks odd. It doesn't really match the glam. I would be interested in finding one in person to see if it looks any better in person.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:06 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:I decided to order the Gamora RC a couple of days ago from Amazon, and finally got it today. Unfortunately they shipped it in a smaller box than normal and without any air bags, and the RC box came damaged on a section on the back. Nothing super major, but it's noticeable. However, her paint is almost completely flawless. It's as close to perfect as I have seen on any RC, so I'm happy with it. She looks great. I saw several on eBay with bent swords, so I was worried about that. Mine looks better than most, just has a very small curve. I'm passing on Mantis for now. I've seen pictures of a couple on eBay, and the shape of the head looks odd. It doesn't really match the glam. I would be interested in finding one in person to see if it looks any better in person.

Sometimes it's better to go in person if you can. That way, you can cherry pick items in the best condition. Still, awesome!
29/Male/CHINESE

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:55 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:I caved and bought the HT exclusive Spider-Gwen from my local HT today. I had passed on it every time I went there over the last two months, but the Marvel ones are starting to grow on me. The bobble head aspect isn't bothering me as much as it had before, especially after looking at it up close and seeing how unnoticeable it is. Now I need to acquire the regular version from somewhere, likely online. There's one at my closest GS, but it's in horrible shape. There's paint missing on her nose and hair, and there's a big gap between where the hair is glued to the head. I have to imagine the majority aren't as bad as that. The masked version I bought looks pretty much flawless.

Not Gwen, but at my game stop, they have been trying to sell the Capt Marvel Rock Candies in the clearance bin for weeks now and they aren't moving even there. (Granted my GS is in kind of an area where things can sit in the clearance bin for weeks at a time without being touched)

Anyway some of their packages are a little dented but yeah. Their Rock Candy doesnt move, even the stuff not in the clearance.
My instagram: Sickleclaw

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:09 pm

MiniDeadpool wrote:
HaloHawk87 wrote:I caved and bought the HT exclusive Spider-Gwen from my local HT today. I had passed on it every time I went there over the last two months, but the Marvel ones are starting to grow on me. The bobble head aspect isn't bothering me as much as it had before, especially after looking at it up close and seeing how unnoticeable it is. Now I need to acquire the regular version from somewhere, likely online. There's one at my closest GS, but it's in horrible shape. There's paint missing on her nose and hair, and there's a big gap between where the hair is glued to the head. I have to imagine the majority aren't as bad as that. The masked version I bought looks pretty much flawless.

Not Gwen, but at my game stop, they have been trying to sell the Capt Marvel Rock Candies in the clearance bin for weeks now and they aren't moving even there. (Granted my GS is in kind of an area where things can sit in the clearance bin for weeks at a time without being touched)

Anyway some of their packages are a little dented but yeah. Their Rock Candy doesnt move, even the stuff not in the clearance.

I've noticed that with Cap Marvel at my local HT, except they remain full price. Haven't sold a single one all year. My closest GS never got her, just Gwen.

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:38 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:
MiniDeadpool wrote:

I've noticed that with Cap Marvel at my local HT, except they remain full price. Haven't sold a single one all year. My closest GS never got her, just Gwen.

Yeah the GS near me has several unsold Gwens too I believe. I think Cap. Marvel will start moving closer to when her movie comes out...
My instagram: Sickleclaw

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:48 pm

MiniDeadpool wrote:
Yeah the GS near me has several unsold Gwens too I believe. I think Cap. Marvel will start moving closer to when her movie comes out...

That's amazing! My local GS is sold out.
29/Male/CHINESE

Rock Candy Queen

Postby Rock Candy Queen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Captain Marvel was the first of the Marvel RCs to be vaulted. Books A Million has her at 50% off - so $4.99 - in stores. BAM tends to be really bad about not putting collectibles online, so you often only see stuff if you actually go to the store.
Rock Candy are the best! I run a group on Facebook called "Funko Rock Candy Fans".

Rock Candy: 38
Pops: 17
Dorbz: 3
Mystery Minis: 5

ISO GRAIL: Rock Candy Catwoman Proto!

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:53 pm

Rock Candy Queen wrote:Captain Marvel was the first of the Marvel RCs to be vaulted. Books A Million has her at 50% off - so $4.99 - in stores. BAM tends to be really bad about not putting collectibles online, so you often only see stuff if you actually go to the store.

That's why I prefer shopping in person whenever I can help it.
29/Male/CHINESE

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:15 pm

I wish the Marvel RC line would explode. I mostly want X-Ladies, but could stand to get quite a few other characters, which I am collecting for my daughter. It's frustrating to have such a small grouping of characters, especially ones I don't care much about. :/

Pops!- 716ish

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Well, Toys R Us put Gamora and Mantis on clearance as well. Not sure why they didn't make Nebula instead of Mantis as completists would've gotten the sisters together.
Last edited by Gothamite on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:39 pm

Jezter wrote:I wish the Marvel RC line would explode. I mostly want X-Ladies, but could stand to get quite a few other characters, which I am collecting for my daughter. It's frustrating to have such a small grouping of characters, especially ones I don't care much about. :/

You're not the only one. I feel Funko should had gotten some feedback from us Funatics before making a decision. And I agreed.
29/Male/CHINESE

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:39 pm

Gothamite wrote:Well, Toys R Us put Gamora and Mantis on clearance as well. Not sure why they didn't make Nebula instead of Matins as completists would've gotten the sisters together.

Did you just say the c word, clearance? Music to my ears! :cheers:
29/Male/CHINESE

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:46 pm

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:
Jezter wrote:I wish the Marvel RC line would explode. I mostly want X-Ladies, but could stand to get quite a few other characters, which I am collecting for my daughter. It's frustrating to have such a small grouping of characters, especially ones I don't care much about. :/

You're not the only one. I feel Funko should had gotten some feedback from us Funatics before making a decision. And I agreed.

I admit there aren't many outside of the X-Ladies I'd want, and nothing against the ones they have made, but I tend to lean towards characters I grew up on and Gamora, Mantis and Captain Marvel weren't a big part of my comics.

That said, I'd get non mutants too, but I'm very particular.
Peggy Carter, Black Cat, MJ Watson, Black Widow, Wasp, are probably the main non mutants I'd want.

Pops!- 716ish

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:12 pm

Why didn't we get a Hela one in the sub box ;_;

Also I would probably sell a kidney for an Agent Carter RC.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

funko_ryan

Postby funko_ryan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:06 am

Jezter wrote:
Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:

I admit there aren't many outside of the X-Ladies I'd want, and nothing against the ones they have made, but I tend to lean towards characters I grew up on and Gamora, Mantis and Captain Marvel weren't a big part of my comics.

That said, I'd get non mutants too, but I'm very particular.
Peggy Carter, Black Cat, MJ Watson, Black Widow, Wasp, are probably the main non mutants I'd want.

I don't really collect the RC line, but if Marvel line came out with these I would go nuts and buy them all.
:freddy2:

Pop!s 150
Dorbz 19
Ynyl: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 4
Latest Addition: Conan O'Brien as Spiderman
Prized Possession: Conan O'Brien as Spiderman

My collection: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... WWF43UNFW/

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:06 pm

MJ Watson would be fantastic! I'm pretty sure we'll get Black Widow as part of the Infinity War line though
Current Pop count: 280
Current Dorbz Count: 16
Newest Pop: SSGSS Kamehameha Goku
Favorite Pop: SS2 Gohan
ISO: Not even sure anymore

Return to “Vinyl”