Vynl by Funko!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Re: Vynl by Funko!

Postby Valde » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:31 pm

These are very inexpensive, I see a bunch on Amazon for way less than retail. The Joker and Harley are 38% off, which is a steal.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:07 am

Valde wrote:These are very inexpensive, I see a bunch on Amazon for way less than retail. The Joker and Harley are 38% off, which is a steal.

Keep an eye on Walmart's site as well. A few that I was on the fence about I picked up for a steal of a deal. Got the NBX set for $9 and the Wizard of Oz set for $3!!! Both with free site-to-store shipping. The prices tend to fluctuate like crazy on their site so grab the deal when you see it.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Zelestial

Postby Zelestial » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:15 pm

I'm loving the Vynl figures. I just received the Freddy Funko set and I love it. Are there plastic protectors for them?

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:41 am

Zelestial wrote:I'm loving the Vynl figures. I just received the Freddy Funko set and I love it. Are there plastic protectors for them?

I think retro protection is a reliable source for a lot of people for odd shape protectors, but I don't think they have one for VYNLs yet. I would check back again later when VYNLs become much more popular.
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Love, love him. I got mine yesterday and it's so cute. I like the vintage look it has. I didn't even think twice about purchasing this vynl set, we don't collect a lot of them but I knew that this one had to be apart of our collection.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

mactds

Postby mactds » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:21 pm

The Freddy 2 pack has me on board with the vynl, need to go back now and pick up a few
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:47 am

I just started collecting Vynl's and I'm hooked,I love the direction they have taken with the art style of this line
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Is Yummy Mummy and Fruite Brute going up on the Funko Shop?
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

Livewire

Postby Livewire » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Yummy Mummy and Fruit Bruite should be going up on the Funko shop one of the next few days. Can't wait to try and get them and quickdraw/baba louey. I got all the shared ones last night :D

Livewire

Postby Livewire » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:15 pm

angrynate wrote:I just started collecting Vynl's and I'm hooked,I love the direction they have taken with the art style of this line

They are awesome! I hadn't bought a Pop in a long time and I think the Vynls are great and started picking up ones that I liked. Got the Frankenberry and Count Choculua first and it's great to be able to get ones you like for a decent price without having to beat out a bunch of people for it! Looking forward to the new ones coming out!

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:38 am

Livewire wrote:
angrynate wrote:I just started collecting Vynl's and I'm hooked,I love the direction they have taken with the art style of this line

They are awesome! I hadn't bought a Pop in a long time and I think the Vynls are great and started picking up ones that I liked. Got the Frankenberry and Count Choculua first and it's great to be able to get ones you like for a decent price without having to beat out a bunch of people for it! Looking forward to the new ones coming out!

totally agree, coincidentally it was the Frankenberry and Count Choculua that got me hooked as well. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the Ramona and Scott Pilgrim 2 pack that's the Hot Topic SDCC shared exclusive.
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

Livewire

Postby Livewire » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:44 pm

angrynate wrote:
Livewire wrote:

totally agree, coincidentally it was the Frankenberry and Count Choculua that got me hooked as well. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the Ramona and Scott Pilgrim 2 pack that's the Hot Topic SDCC shared exclusive.

Awesome! I've been able to get all the shared ones and they are on there way. I'll have to take a picture once they all get here :D I want to get some kind of cool place to display all my vynls... Need to look into that a bit more

Livewire

Postby Livewire » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:54 pm

I'm just pumped for the line in the future. There are sooooo many possibilities for pairs they can make. It's exciting for a product when it's still so new because there are tons of characters that Pop has that either they are too expensive to get or too popular and are super hard to get. What are some Vynls that everyone is hoping to see in the future? I would love to see a Doc and Marty, Alien and Predator, Anything Disney, and there are just huge markets they haven't even touched yet like game of thrones...

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:36 am

Tyrannicus

Postby Tyrannicus » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:31 am

Just jumped onboard this line for the Ad Icons cereal mascots. When I saw they were doing Tony the Tiger and Dig Em', last night I bought the Cap'n Crunch & Jean LaFoote set, the Count Chocula & Franken Berry set, and managed to get lucky and snag the Yummy Mummy & Fruit Brute set this morning! Since the Pop Vinyl versions are so impossible to get, these are great, and I like how the style translates for the cartoon characters and mascots. I might have to get the Christmas ones too - the Miser Bros. look great!

Mbrazee84

Postby Mbrazee84 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:34 am

So is Vee Why En El the official pronunciation now that Brian said it? I’ve always just called them “Vinyl,” since that’s what they always seem to call them on the Funkast. Either way I finally ordered my first pieces, Margot and Richie Tenebaums. So cool.
Image Image

Livewire

Postby Livewire » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:49 am

Tyrannicus wrote:Just jumped onboard this line for the Ad Icons cereal mascots. When I saw they were doing Tony the Tiger and Dig Em', last night I bought the Cap'n Crunch & Jean LaFoote set, the Count Chocula & Franken Berry set, and managed to get lucky and snag the Yummy Mummy & Fruit Brute set this morning! Since the Pop Vinyl versions are so impossible to get, these are great, and I like how the style translates for the cartoon characters and mascots. I might have to get the Christmas ones too - the Miser Bros. look great!

That's awesome! I loved all the Vynls they showed at Fundays last night. The nightmare before christmas line, more ad icons, etc.. I have the Miser Bros, they are pretty awesome. I love the Vynl detail and the fact that they are two packs. Can't wait to get the new ones.

Livewire

Postby Livewire » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:50 am

Mbrazee84 wrote:So is Vee Why En El the official pronunciation now that Brian said it? I’ve always just called them “Vinyl,” since that’s what they always seem to call them on the Funkast. Either way I finally ordered my first pieces, Margot and Richie Tenebaums. So cool.

I thought that too haha, he literally just spelled it. I'm probably just doing to keep calling them Vynl since I called the others Pops.

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:00 pm

I saw a few really cool Vynl protos released at Fundays on Friday. Really near stuff. The ones they announced at the event have me pretty excited as well!!
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:13 am

Mbrazee84 wrote:So is Vee Why En El the official pronunciation now that Brian said it? I’ve always just called them “Vinyl,” since that’s what they always seem to call them on the Funkast. Either way I finally ordered my first pieces, Margot and Richie Tenebaums. So cool.

I think it's because they also have items they refer to simply as Vinyl. Like the summer Freddy and Rain Day Freddy. I've always just said Vynl.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:25 am

Still waiting on a Superman and Bizzaro 2 pack :)
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Livewire

Postby Livewire » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:05 pm

The possibilities for 2 packs are endless. Can't wait to see what else comes out besides what was announced at Fundays!

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:36 pm

Livewire wrote:I'm just pumped for the line in the future. There are sooooo many possibilities for pairs they can make. It's exciting for a product when it's still so new because there are tons of characters that Pop has that either they are too expensive to get or too popular and are super hard to get. What are some Vynls that everyone is hoping to see in the future? I would love to see a Doc and Marty, Alien and Predator, Anything Disney, and there are just huge markets they haven't even touched yet like game of thrones...

I agree with you that this is a great way they can make figures of pops that were released long ago. I hope they make some Disney Princesses and other Disney characters (sidekicks, Stitch, Haunted Mansion).

Livewire

Postby Livewire » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:44 am

dexiesmom wrote:
Livewire wrote:I'm just pumped for the line in the future. There are sooooo many possibilities for pairs they can make. It's exciting for a product when it's still so new because there are tons of characters that Pop has that either they are too expensive to get or too popular and are super hard to get. What are some Vynls that everyone is hoping to see in the future? I would love to see a Doc and Marty, Alien and Predator, Anything Disney, and there are just huge markets they haven't even touched yet like game of thrones...

I agree with you that this is a great way they can make figures of pops that were released long ago. I hope they make some Disney Princesses and other Disney characters (sidekicks, Stitch, Haunted Mansion).

Haunted mansion would be amazing. I'm pretty sure I saw someone post the Lilo and Stitch one that was going to be coming out but I can't remember where I saw it.

Popoholic_maniac

Postby Popoholic_maniac » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:16 am

I only have the recent Cereal Ad icons ones and the Freddy Funko. I'm looking forward to what new ones they will create but hoping I wont want them because it will hurt the wallet lol
IG: Popoholic_maniac

Livewire

Postby Livewire » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Popoholic_maniac wrote:I only have the recent Cereal Ad icons ones and the Freddy Funko. I'm looking forward to what new ones they will create but hoping I wont want them because it will hurt the wallet lol

Yeah, kind of hard sometimes to keep up with two different product lines in Pops and Vynl. There haven't been a ton of Pops I've been dying to have so I'm been drawn more to Vynl since they are some of the best characters starting out. :freddy2:

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:33 am

Shalee04 wrote:I said I wasn't going to buy any Vynl, sigh.... I did...lol \:D/

Same finally broke down and bought some today at Hot Topic with Hot Cash. I'm doomed lol
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:19 am

Finally picked up the Pennywise/Georgie set today. Love it, I wish they would do more Horror or Power Rangers. That'd be tight lol

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:40 pm

Livewire wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:

Haunted mansion would be amazing. I'm pretty sure I saw someone post the Lilo and Stitch one that was going to be coming out but I can't remember where I saw it.

OH EM GEE - I can't wait for a Stitch!! :stitch: :stitch:

Livewire

Postby Livewire » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:19 pm

Yeah!! I'm excited for the gremlins one that is coming out really soon too!

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:54 pm

Not sure why I just realized this but probably because I finally bought some and noticed on the box, but it's not VYNL it's VYNL. the period is very important lol noticed some sites I was shopping at properly list them with the period other's don't. Guess Funko added it similar to the exclamation point in Pop!.

This does make it hard to plural. Is Vynl. and Pop! both singular and plural or do you have to just add figures to the end to make it plural, or is it acceptable to use Vynls. and Pops!. Guess it's like the word Funkos lol sorry my mind wandered.
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:27 am

Livewire wrote:Yeah!! I'm excited for the gremlins one that is coming out really soon too!

Yeah I don’t buy vinyls but I collect everything gremlins, must buy for me too!

Popoholic_maniac

Postby Popoholic_maniac » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:14 am

Livewire wrote:
Popoholic_maniac wrote:I only have the recent Cereal Ad icons ones and the Freddy Funko. I'm looking forward to what new ones they will create but hoping I wont want them because it will hurt the wallet lol

Yeah, kind of hard sometimes to keep up with two different product lines in Pops and Vynl. There haven't been a ton of Pops I've been dying to have so I'm been drawn more to Vynl since they are some of the best characters starting out. :freddy2:

True. Luckly there hasnt been anything that I need. More of a want but can wait for it.
IG: Popoholic_maniac

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:39 am

The cereal Vynl are sweeeeet
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:00 pm

Shalee04 wrote:The cereal Vynl are sweeeeet

For sure the cereals are so sweet! Basically the main reaskn why my Vynl collection is growing so fast at the moment. Just got Frankenberry and Chocula, with Cap'n and Jean on the way!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Bearmodel

Postby Bearmodel » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:26 am

Hi!

The new Vynl characters coming up are great and I can't wait to get some of them, but I was wondering if anyone has information about Stranger things Vynl concept. Will these will be made?

I'd love to get your opinion about making Vynls out of these movies:

Jaws: Brody-Hopper Quint-Bruce
Ghostbusters: Egon-Peter, Ray-Slimy, Gozer-Dana
The Shining: Jack-Wendy, Twin Girls

Thank you

E.

Livewire

Postby Livewire » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:32 pm

I'm sure they will make Ghostbusters one. They put a lot of effort into that line back in 2014-2015 so it's gotta be in there. There are just so many possibilities. I'm sure they will do an Alien and Predator one as well. That one will be cool to see in Vynl form.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:14 pm

Just ordered the Moana & Maui 2 pack. They look great!

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:04 am

Yo, Funko can you make Black Panther + Killmonger?

Huh? Can ya, can ya, can ya?

Please.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:06 am

I'm hoping they do a couple of Marvel Studios packs. Stealth suit Cap and Bucky. Thor and Loki, Hawkeye and Black Widow, Iron Man and Nick Fury...and so on.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Return to “Vinyl”