NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
Avengers74

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby Avengers74 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:34 pm

I keep checking but have yet to see the Walmart exclusives show up anywhere yet. I got the first set and they are absolutely adorable and I can’t wait to get the other five to complete my set. I have always had no luck finding Pops in Walmart’s but have some luck online so I am trying not to miss these when they become available.

Lady_Macbeth

Postby Lady_Macbeth » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:55 am

Avengers74 wrote:I keep checking but have yet to see the Walmart exclusives show up anywhere yet. I got the first set and they are absolutely adorable and I can’t wait to get the other five to complete my set. I have always had no luck finding Pops in Walmart’s but have some luck online so I am trying not to miss these when they become available.

Same. I can't say I'm fond of WM exclusives, but really they are no worse than Target, B&N, or Walgreens. Why can't everything just go to HT and/or BL?
"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal." - Jane Austen

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:51 pm

](*,)

Still waiting. Hurry up. Hurry up. Hurry up.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:17 am

Team Dorbz 4 Life

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:18 am

Team Dorbz 4 Life

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:20 am

Team Dorbz 4 Life

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:35 am

Finally! Someone found the Walmart exclusives in Arizona! Now hopefully they start popping up everywhere soon! I definitely need Snape and Hagrid, granted I will get all 5 as they turned out really amazing!

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:34 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:

This might pull me into the 5 start line. Funko why do you keep doing this to me lolz. I can't wait for all this Disney stuff to come out. I just hope it is spread out significantly to make it easier on my budget.
Collecting since 2014

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:49 pm

I'm looking forward to the Horror and Nightmare Before Christmas ones. I was on the fence about this line but I saw the HP ones at Hot Topic today and they look better than I thought they would. Horror and NBC is what always sucks me into new lines.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:57 pm

The Walmart HP exclusives have been found in Illinois, Georgia, Arizona and New York according to Ebay. They need to get to Va.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:55 pm

After a couple of Walmart’s I lucked out and was able to get a full set. Last night I went to a relatively new Walmart and found a Harry Potter display in the isle by the toy section. The front has the new Harry Potter Barbie dolls, and on one side is some blind box full size wand, and the other side has Super Cute Plush and the Walmart Exclusive Five Stars. There are only two shelves of the new Five Stars (double stacked). I thought (more on this in a moment) they had already been picked over as all they had was Harry, Hermione and Hagrid. No Ron Weasley or Snape, so I grabbed the 3.

I checked a couple more Walmart’s but no displays out as yet. Today I went to another Walmart that is near but not my closest one. No display in the isles. I checked the Funko section but nothing. I was waiting for my friend to come back and was walking around when a certain white display caught my eye at the end of the isle I was standing at. It was the display, but at the end of the isle against the wall. Again it was the same set up. And again I thought it had been picked over as I didn’t see Ron or Snape.

I kneeled down to check the bottom shelf and happened to pull the ones out to check the ones behind and realized there were more behind the two rows - did not realize this was how the display was set up last night. As I looked I realized there was a cardboard “U” that held the 2nd row up. I removed the card board insert and voila! There was a hidden stash behind, and there was Snape! Checked threw them all but no Ron. I looked at the section above and realized it was set up the same with another insert dividing the stack. I pulled that insert out and again found another stash and found Ron!

Yay me! Now I have completed my Five Star collection!

So, if you find a display, keep in mind that there is a insert that is hiding more behind. The displays are 3 across, two rows deep, but there is another two rows so instead of 12, there are 24 on each shelf (48 total). There seems to only be a couple of Snapes per display as I only found 2. I am guessing the displays will be put out this week as the few Walmart’s that I went to only 2 stores had them out so far.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:06 am

Radar has the Batman set in.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:54 am

I found the exclusives in this display. No Snape. Lots of Harry. There are HP barbie type dolls in the front and other side.

Team Dorbz 4 Life

stacyinil

Postby stacyinil » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:59 pm

Well darn it, I wish I had remembered that Snape was exclusive to Walmart because I would have searched that display a bit better, but it was picked over by the time I found it. I got the other 4 figures. Hagrid with the dragon was the one I really wanted. I swore I was going to resist these, but those darn accessories are so cute. I'll have to add Snape to my list as I still need regular Ron and Harry who I resisted when I was in Hot Topic over the weekend.

I visited 3 Illinois Walmarts and only found the Harry Potter floor display in a store that is considered a Supercenter. A friend of mine has visited 7 other Illinois Walmarts and only found the display in 2 of the stores because she's looking for Mattel's Dumbledore and hasn't found him yet. I'll have to let her know to look for Snape for me, she's really good at finding things.

Maybe I'll have enough energy to check 2 more stores tonight.

How picked over the display was.
ImageHarry Potter Toys at Walmart by stacyinil, on Flickr

My favorite, Hagrid with Norbert.

Stacy in IL

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:52 pm

The one display that I had realized had the hidden stash behind the cardboard inserts only had 2 Snapes total.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:42 pm

I hope these go online so I can get Snape. Kinda wish the exclusives were at Hot Topic or Box Lunch.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:41 am

nascar246788 wrote:
PopGoestheJess wrote:

This might pull me into the 5 start line. Funko why do you keep doing this to me lolz. I can't wait for all this Disney stuff to come out. I just hope it is spread out significantly to make it easier on my budget.

:eek: :eek: These look good! I will have to pick up this whole set!

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:42 am

stacyinil wrote:Well darn it, I wish I had remembered that Snape was exclusive to Walmart because I would have searched that display a bit better, but it was picked over by the time I found it. I got the other 4 figures. Hagrid with the dragon was the one I really wanted. I swore I was going to resist these, but those darn accessories are so cute. I'll have to add Snape to my list as I still need regular Ron and Harry who I resisted when I was in Hot Topic over the weekend.

I visited 3 Illinois Walmarts and only found the Harry Potter floor display in a store that is considered a Supercenter. A friend of mine has visited 7 other Illinois Walmarts and only found the display in 2 of the stores because she's looking for Mattel's Dumbledore and hasn't found him yet. I'll have to let her know to look for Snape for me, she's really good at finding things.

Maybe I'll have enough energy to check 2 more stores tonight.

How picked over the display was.

My favorite, Hagrid with Norbert.

Stacy in IL

LUCKY! Can't find them in the Walmart near me. :( Will try to check again today. :-/ :-/

stacyinil

Postby stacyinil » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:37 am

dexiesmom wrote:LUCKY! Can't find them in the Walmart near me. :( Will try to check again today. :-/ :-/

I think only the Superstore Walmarts are getting the displays in. Check the internet to see which of your stores are a superstore and go there first. I visited a different store last night that is considered a Superstore and they had the Harry Potter display. Snape was gone of course, but I did get the last Mattel Professor McGonagall.

I re-visited one of the other nearby stores that is not a Superstore, just to make sure and still no display.

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:25 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:I found the exclusives in this display. No Snape. Lots of Harry. There are HP barbie type dolls in the front and other side.

This looks like the display at the Walmart near my work. I didn’t look very hard through all of them but it looks like they are all Walmart Exclusives in the display.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:11 pm

Team Dorbz 4 Life

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Oogie is definitely my favorite from this line. I was hoping for a GITD green variant. Maybe it will be a NYCC exclusive.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:47 pm

Strending625 wrote:
PopGoestheJess wrote:I found the exclusives in this display. No Snape. Lots of Harry. There are HP barbie type dolls in the front and other side.

This looks like the display at the Walmart near my work. I didn’t look very hard through all of them but it looks like they are all Walmart Exclusives in the display.

I would hope they only have the Walmart exclusives. I have seen the common ones at Target and B&N no problem.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:47 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:

:D :D :D I need these in my life

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:02 am

PopGoestheJess wrote:

Really looking forward to these! I’m a huge fan of Nendoroids, but I just can’t justify the price tag. I think these will be a great alternative. Hopefully enough people support the line so we can see it grow!
-Eric-
IG: @artbyschlo

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:18 pm

Saw the DC ones at ThinkGeek, except for Harley, who was already sold.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:43 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:

These look so cool, and I might have to get them. Only issue is all the Aladdin pops and Harry Potter pops coming out will stretch my budget for sure, so I might have to skip these.
Collecting since 2014

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:51 am

I found Snape!!!! Yay! :cheers:

I went to a different store and headed straight to toys. I didn't see the display back there but they did have 6 of Hagrid on the shelf. A HP section was added to the fashion doll aisle.

I was about to leave when I saw the display up front by the self checkout. :-s

There was only one Snape. Just one. Wtf.

Tl; dr. Check the doll aisle if you don't see the display. Screenshot a picture of it and ask the toys dm if they put elsewhere in the store.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

PintSizeHulk
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby PintSizeHulk » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:11 pm

i stopped at Walmart for some oil for my car this morning and picked up Snape, Hermione, and Harry. Didn't see Ron or Hagrid. I'll have to go back in a little bit to look harder.
Chris
Instagram: PintSizeHulk

:happy1:
F.K.A vinyl addict / Hulk Smashington

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:52 pm

Schl0 wrote:
PopGoestheJess wrote:

Really looking forward to these! I’m a huge fan of Nendoroids, but I just can’t justify the price tag. I think these will be a great alternative. Hopefully enough people support the line so we can see it grow!

I agree with you that they are a great alternative to Nendoroids which can be quite a bit pricey. They still have a few accessories but not as many which pops don't have, which are nice and give you display options.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:53 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:I found Snape!!!! Yay! :cheers:

I went to a different store and headed straight to toys. I didn't see the display back there but they did have 6 of Hagrid on the shelf. A HP section was added to the fashion doll aisle.

I was about to leave when I saw the display up front by the self checkout. :-s

There was only one Snape. Just one. Wtf.

Tl; dr. Check the doll aisle if you don't see the display. Screenshot a picture of it and ask the toys dm if they put elsewhere in the store.

Yeah, Snape has been really rare. Like ridc :-/ :-/

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:33 am

dexiesmom wrote:
Schl0 wrote:
PopGoestheJess wrote:

I agree with you that they are a great alternative to Nendoroids which can be quite a bit pricey. They still have a few accessories but not as many which pops don't have, which are nice and give you display options.

Exactly! One of my hobbies is Funko Photography so I’m really excited for these guys, who will look a little more dynamic for shots!
-Eric-

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:36 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:

I hope they do Hopper with a coffee and donut. I guess Joyce would come with a bundle of Chistmas lights and a phone.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:18 am

Schl0 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Schl0 wrote:

Exactly! One of my hobbies is Funko Photography so I’m really excited for these guys, who will look a little more dynamic for shots!

I display the vast majority of my stuff OOB so I love all of the options there are with the accessories and the ability to pose them.

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:08 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
Schl0 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I agree with you that they are a great alternative to Nendoroids which can be quite a bit pricey. They still have a few accessories but not as many which pops don't have, which are nice and give you display options.

I display the vast majority of my stuff OOB so I love all of the options there are with the accessories and the ability to pose them.

No doubt! I really hope people support this line. It could be really great!
-Eric-

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Schl0 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Schl0 wrote:

No doubt! I really hope people support this line. It could be really great!

I also like that they did a Walmart exclusive but I don't like that Snape is so rare. I hope that doesn't turn people off the line.

XianLayva

Postby XianLayva » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:06 pm

They're very cute but I just can't afford another line. I'm going to be very judicious and only get my absolute favorite characters. Right now, that's only Batgirl out of all the ones that have either been released or they've shown pictures for. Other examples would be Stitch or Luna Lovegood if they ever got made.
One Life to Work It!

Image Image

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:15 pm

I've been looking for the Harry Potter Walmart exclusives for a couple of weeks now, and not seeing them yet. I wish they would hurry up and just go online. I'm hoping maybe next week, I'll have better luck!
Melissa

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:53 pm

lunarembrace wrote:I've been looking for the Harry Potter Walmart exclusives for a couple of weeks now, and not seeing them yet. I wish they would hurry up and just go online. I'm hoping maybe next week, I'll have better luck!

I have not seen them in only 2 Walmart’s in my area. Both initially had them in the special display Dolls, Plush, Wands and the 5 Stars. I was at one of those Walmart’s and the display was gone. I checked the isles and found what they had left being built into the girls aisles instead of with the Funko items. Try checking there as it isn’t their usual place to stock them.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Avengers74 wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:I've been looking for the Harry Potter Walmart exclusives for a couple of weeks now, and not seeing them yet. I wish they would hurry up and just go online. I'm hoping maybe next week, I'll have better luck!

I have not seen them in only 2 Walmart’s in my area. Both initially had them in the special display Dolls, Plush, Wands and the 5 Stars. I was at one of those Walmart’s and the display was gone. I checked the isles and found what they had left being built into the girls aisles instead of with the Funko items. Try checking there as it isn’t their usual place to stock them.

The Walmart closest to my work (the one I can go to usually) hasn't gotten them yet. I go a few times a week and nothing. :mad: :mad:

Return to “Vinyl”