Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
Pkdiablo77
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby Pkdiablo77 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:23 pm

Loving these new vynl products. How do they actually look in a wall or cabinet display compared to pops and dorbz?


Need to get
Ideas.


Thanks to all in advance for sharing your collection!

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2418
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:57 am

I ended up using the same CD towers I was using for my Hikari XS for Vynl and most sets fit side by side very well.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

User avatar
EZA
Posts: 660
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: Whitby, ON Canada
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby EZA » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:55 am

mohawkjones wrote:I ended up using the same CD towers I was using for my Hikari XS for Vynl and most sets fit side by side very well.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


:eek: =P~
Image ImageImageImage
Image

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector of many things since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

User avatar
funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Posts: 9748
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: Kitchener, Ontario

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby funkystark » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:57 am

Dang dude! That looks awesome!!

Pkdiablo77
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby Pkdiablo77 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Holy smokes!!!! New display is insane bro!!!

Congrats. Wow. Love love it. Thank you!

User avatar
TriFeckTa
Posts: 2739
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:11 pm
Location: Little Saigon, California
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:55 pm

Dang very nice variety Shawn, i really like your setup. Looks so clean and sharp.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 45
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

PintSizeHulk
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 796
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:16 am
Location: SMASHville
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby PintSizeHulk » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:53 am

Love your set up! Can’t wait to get a permanent living space so I can display my stuff again!
Chris
Instagram: PintSizeHulk


:happy1:
F.K.A vinyl addict / Hulk Smashington

User avatar
CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY
Posts: 7809
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Shawn your display is ridiculously awesome :love10:

The Vynl 2-packs fit perfectly in the little gaps too which worked out perfectly for you!
Image
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 4877
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby BigM » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Awesome set up! Is that Green Batman a custom?
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM
Posts: 3855
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:28 pm
Location: the SFV, CA
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby toro423 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Whoa love the way those are displayed!
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

User avatar
Boymom4
Posts: 1895
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:42 am

Wow...that's quite a set-up and displayed perfectly :)

User avatar
NCDS
Posts: 3737
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby NCDS » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Not to sound like an echo but WOW! That looks amazing.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion
Image

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2418
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:44 pm

BigM wrote:Awesome set up! Is that Green Batman a custom?


Thanks all!

Yes, that green Hikari Batman is a sweet custom courtesy of one Mr. Funkystark!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

User avatar
Strending625
Posts: 2777
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:42 am
Location: Echo Base, Hoth
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby Strending625 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:30 am

Love your setup! :love10:
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol
Dorbz: 100+
Pop PEZ: 43
Newest pop: E3 Maya, Constantine
ISO: NYCC Exclusive Mister Freeze Primal Age, HT White Raven, Monster Cereal Pop PEZ

ghostrye
Posts: 1078
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby ghostrye » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:22 am

Shawn- You should create a tutorial on how to display your collectibles effectively. You have the nicest looking set up I’ve seen!

Pkdiablo77
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby Pkdiablo77 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:24 am

ghostrye wrote:Shawn- You should create a tutorial on how to display your collectibles effectively. You have the nicest looking set up I’ve seen!



The best display weve all ever seen!

User avatar
Legion Of Boom
Posts: 1593
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:45 am
Location: Sacramento
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby Legion Of Boom » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Very nice Shawn!
name's Av

Instagram - av.cruz

SDCC 2005 - SDCC 2007 - SDCC 2008 - SDCC 2009 - SDCC 2012 - SDCC 2013 - SDCC 2014 - SDCC 2015 - SDCC 2016 - SDCC 2017 - SDCC 2018 - SDCC 2019
Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019
FDO8SF 2018
ECCC 2017 - ECCC 2019
Fright Night 2016

User avatar
bspears82
Posts: 1041
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby bspears82 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:00 am

I like this setup. Nice :)
Image
Image

ShellyGt86
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:38 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby ShellyGt86 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:22 pm

That’s amazing work. I can only imagine what it cost to create such an awesome collection. Love it.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

Image

ghostrye
Posts: 1078
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby ghostrye » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:11 am

ShellyGt86 wrote:That’s amazing work. I can only imagine what it cost to create such an awesome collection. Love it.


You should see his Christmas tree that he decorated with hikaris! It is a kaleidoscope of color and looks amazing!

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2418
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:01 pm

ghostrye wrote:
ShellyGt86 wrote:That’s amazing work. I can only imagine what it cost to create such an awesome collection. Love it.


You should see his Christmas tree that he decorated with hikaris! It is a kaleidoscope of color and looks amazing!


I total forgot I did that! lol
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

ghostrye
Posts: 1078
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby ghostrye » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:29 am

mohawkjones wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
ShellyGt86 wrote:That’s amazing work. I can only imagine what it cost to create such an awesome collection. Love it.


You should see his Christmas tree that he decorated with hikaris! It is a kaleidoscope of color and looks amazing!


I total forgot I did that! lol


It’s such a cool looking tree and a clever use of the Hikari. I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone in asking you to please post a picture! They way they are somewhat transparent and the was the Christmas lights glow through the toys is very appealing.

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2418
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:45 pm

ghostrye wrote:It’s such a cool looking tree and a clever use of the Hikari. I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone in asking you to please post a picture! They way they are somewhat transparent and the was the Christmas lights glow through the toys is very appealing.


Had to dig to find those pictures...

Image

Image

That was a fun tree. Might have to resurrect the idea this year.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

User avatar
Brutesquad
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:19 am
Location: Surface of the Sun, AZ

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby Brutesquad » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:50 pm

I know this is a resurrected thread but man that is a great display you have/had! =D>

ShellyGt86
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:38 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby ShellyGt86 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:41 pm

ghostrye wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
You should see his Christmas tree that he decorated with hikaris! It is a kaleidoscope of color and looks amazing!


I total forgot I did that! lol


It’s such a cool looking tree and a clever use of the Hikari. I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone in asking you to please post a picture! They way they are somewhat transparent and the was the Christmas lights glow through the toys is very appealing.



Oh my God, it’s awesomeness. I love Christmas. That would be a tree for all to admire. The lights with the Hikari’s just do it. You are a talented person. Looking forward to seeing your next project.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

Image

ghostrye
Posts: 1078
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:53 am

mohawkjones wrote:
ghostrye wrote:It’s such a cool looking tree and a clever use of the Hikari. I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone in asking you to please post a picture! They way they are somewhat transparent and the was the Christmas lights glow through the toys is very appealing.


Had to dig to find those pictures...

Image

Image

That was a fun tree. Might have to resurrect the idea this year.


This is one of the coolest looking trees ever. The use of the Hikaris on the pale tree with the colorful lights is so aesthetically pleasing. Love it.

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2418
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:46 pm

Brutesquad wrote:I know this is a resurrected thread but man that is a great display you have/had! =D>


Still have lol and thanks!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2418
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:47 pm

ghostrye wrote:This is one of the coolest looking trees ever. The use of the Hikaris on the pale tree with the colorful lights is so aesthetically pleasing. Love it.


I still feel like a big dummy for never having taken a photo with the room lights off. D'oh! :banghead:
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

ghostrye
Posts: 1078
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:12 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
ghostrye wrote:This is one of the coolest looking trees ever. The use of the Hikaris on the pale tree with the colorful lights is so aesthetically pleasing. Love it.


I still feel like a big dummy for never having taken a photo with the room lights off. D'oh! :banghead:


Would it KILL you to go get it out of storage and set it up and decorate and take some pictures for us? ;-)

User avatar
rontonsoup
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:41 am
Location: Norwalk, CA
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby rontonsoup » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:33 pm

Wow I just saw your pictures. Dope set up mohawkjones!
Collecting since 2015:
"A couple that collects together,
stays together."


Image Image Image

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2418
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby mohawkjones » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:19 pm

rontonsoup wrote:Wow I just saw your pictures. Dope set up mohawkjones!


Thanks!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

User avatar
Xenomorph
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 9:01 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby Xenomorph » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:25 am

mohawkjones wrote:I ended up using the same CD towers I was using for my Hikari XS for Vynl and most sets fit side by side very well.

Image

Nice set up! I really like the glass shelves. We were looking into switching out the shelves in our bookcases for glass ones but it turns out we have an older model Ikea bookcase and the new glass shelves they make don't fit.

Definitely going to keep this in mind when we move, just might have to garage sale the bookcases and get new ones.
Image

ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2418
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:18 pm

Xenomorph wrote:Nice set up! I really like the glass shelves. We were looking into switching out the shelves in our bookcases for glass ones but it turns out we have an older model Ikea bookcase and the new glass shelves they make don't fit.

Definitely going to keep this in mind when we move, just might have to garage sale the bookcases and get new ones.


Do you have the IKEA Billy shelves? Mine are actually a mix of the older and newer models. The only real differences are the peg hole size (now smaller) and now the peg holes run the complete length of the cabinet. The glass shelf still fit, just not the pegs they come with. You can still use the old pegs and rest the glass sleeves on them, they are still stable. I got a box of kitchen cabinet shelf pegs from Home Depot that fit the old Billy peg holes perfectly but have a flat side sticking out that the glass rests on nicely.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

User avatar
Xenomorph
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 9:01 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby Xenomorph » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:22 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Xenomorph wrote:Nice set up! I really like the glass shelves. We were looking into switching out the shelves in our bookcases for glass ones but it turns out we have an older model Ikea bookcase and the new glass shelves they make don't fit.

Definitely going to keep this in mind when we move, just might have to garage sale the bookcases and get new ones.


Do you have the IKEA Billy shelves? Mine are actually a mix of the older and newer models. The only real differences are the peg hole size (now smaller) and now the peg holes run the complete length of the cabinet. The glass shelf still fit, just not the pegs they come with. You can still use the old pegs and rest the glass sleeves on them, they are still stable. I got a box of kitchen cabinet shelf pegs from Home Depot that fit the old Billy peg holes perfectly but have a flat side sticking out that the glass rests on nicely.

Yeah those are the ones. I'm going to have to double check with my girlfriend she was the one who looked into this and told me they don't fit. I hope it's just a matter of swapping out the pegs!
Image

ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2418
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:00 pm

Xenomorph wrote:Yeah those are the ones. I'm going to have to double check with my girlfriend she was the one who looked into this and told me they don't fit. I hope it's just a matter of swapping out the pegs!


You should be good. The new glass shelf pegs are locking once you get them in which is nice but not required by any means. IKEA didn't change the cabinet dimensions at all, the shelf area is the same size.

I bought a box of these that were nice since they have the flat side to rest against the glass cleanly. Not necessary but worked a little better.

Image
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

User avatar
calpolo17
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:49 am

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby calpolo17 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:25 am

Nice set-up and tree...some great ideas.

User avatar
pommefille
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:31 pm
Location: Cary NC
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby pommefille » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:44 am

mohawkjones wrote:
Xenomorph wrote:Nice set up! I really like the glass shelves. We were looking into switching out the shelves in our bookcases for glass ones but it turns out we have an older model Ikea bookcase and the new glass shelves they make don't fit.

Definitely going to keep this in mind when we move, just might have to garage sale the bookcases and get new ones.


Do you have the IKEA Billy shelves? Mine are actually a mix of the older and newer models. The only real differences are the peg hole size (now smaller) and now the peg holes run the complete length of the cabinet. The glass shelf still fit, just not the pegs they come with. You can still use the old pegs and rest the glass sleeves on them, they are still stable. I got a box of kitchen cabinet shelf pegs from Home Depot that fit the old Billy peg holes perfectly but have a flat side sticking out that the glass rests on nicely.


Do you know when they changed the size by any chance? I have a lot of Billy shelves for my collection but it'll be good to know if I get any add-on shelves or additional units if they'll be different. Most of mine were bought in the last couple of years though so maybe they're all the 'new' style?
----ig: kavka twitter: kavka fb: kavka----

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2418
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:01 pm

pommefille wrote:Do you know when they changed the size by any chance? I have a lot of Billy shelves for my collection but it'll be good to know if I get any add-on shelves or additional units if they'll be different. Most of mine were bought in the last couple of years though so maybe they're all the 'new' style?


It's been 2–3 years now since I noticed it. The new & old shelves still fit each other just fine, it's just the peg/peg holes that are different - new ones have the smaller peg/hole system plus the peg holes now running the entire shelf length so better shelf placement options. The new shelves will still fit in the older Billys with the older sized pegs.

I've also noticed the new ones are a slightly more pure white but that may just be my old ones getting a little bit yellow with age.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

User avatar
jjb11590
Posts: 755
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:29 am
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:45 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
ghostrye wrote:It’s such a cool looking tree and a clever use of the Hikari. I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone in asking you to please post a picture! They way they are somewhat transparent and the was the Christmas lights glow through the toys is very appealing.


Had to dig to find those pictures...

Image

Image

That was a fun tree. Might have to resurrect the idea this year.


That tree is so amazing!!

ghostrye
Posts: 1078
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:12 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
ghostrye wrote:It’s such a cool looking tree and a clever use of the Hikari. I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone in asking you to please post a picture! They way they are somewhat transparent and the was the Christmas lights glow through the toys is very appealing.


Had to dig to find those pictures...

Image

Image

That was a fun tree. Might have to resurrect the idea this year.


That tree is so amazing!!


I agree! You’d think the Hikari would be too big to
Put on a Christmas tree, but it all works together so well.


Return to “Vinyl”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users