Question For The Funko Community? Would You Want Star Wars Rock Candy To Happen?

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
masonfunkocarr

Question For The Funko Community? Would You Want Star Wars Rock Candy To Happen?

Postby masonfunkocarr » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:31 pm

I was wondering recently, why aren't they rock candy of Star Wars characters. For this question, would you guys want Star Wars rock candy to happen?

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: Question For The Funko Community? Would You Want Star Wars Rock Candy To Happen?

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:00 pm

I definitely could see it happening. I'm a sucker for Stormtroopers so would love to see some of them in Rock Candy form :D
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Re: Question For The Funko Community? Would You Want Star Wars Rock Candy To Happen?

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:05 pm

I was wondering the same thing for Pocket Pop! Keychains the other day. Star Wars has very strange licensing rules, which is why every Star Wars Pop! (even Movie Moments) has a Star Wars base as well as a bobbling head. I'm sure the licensing is what's holding Funko back, because I'm confident Star Wars Rock Candies would be a big hit! I know I'd buy some.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:36 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:I was wondering the same thing for Pocket Pop! Keychains the other day. Star Wars has very strange licensing rules, which is why every Star Wars Pop! (even Movie Moments) has a Star Wars base as well as a bobbling head. I'm sure the licensing is what's holding Funko back, because I'm confident Star Wars Rock Candies would be a big hit! I know I'd buy some.

Good point! I hadn't even realized that, but you're spot on! I would totally buy some too though!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:41 pm

I love the Rock Candy line and would love there to be some Star Wars - especially a Princess Leia!
Hi, I'm Merri!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:08 pm

This line could realistically happen.

Nachotastic

Postby Nachotastic » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Rock Candy is a line which I just see good for Disney Original Movies so star wars doesnt fit in pretty much [-(
Image Dont be salty and keep it Funko :P :freddy3:

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:30 pm

synergy56 wrote:I love the Rock Candy line and would love there to be some Star Wars - especially a Princess Leia!

Yesssss to all the Princess Leias. And I know you'll roll your eyes, but gimme some Padme rock candy! Best way to show off her amazing wardrobe lol
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:34 pm

Lonikins wrote:
synergy56 wrote:I love the Rock Candy line and would love there to be some Star Wars - especially a Princess Leia!

Yesssss to all the Princess Leias. And I know you'll roll your eyes, but gimme some Padme rock candy! Best way to show off her amazing wardrobe lol

I agree that Padme would make a great Rock Candy. You are right, it would show off the the only good thing about her, her wardrobe lol Sorry, couldn't resist!
Hi, I'm Merri!

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Yes, Kylo Ren

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:27 pm

Geescube wrote:Yes, Kylo Ren

Guuuuurl, you didn't even have to say anything ;)
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:27 pm

synergy56 wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

I agree that Padme would make a great Rock Candy. You are right, it would show off the the only good thing about her, her wardrobe lol Sorry, couldn't resist!

You are so mean to me! [-(

ImageImageImageImage

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:40 pm

I might be interested in some Star Wars Rock Candy of the feminine persuasion. No slave Leia though, please. I really want to have more Rock Candy but I've acquired all that I like so far and that is just 7 figures.

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Let me be as honest as possible: You had me at "Would You Want [insert literally anything here] Rock Candy to Happen?" lol

RCs are my favorite Funko line aside from Wacky Wobblers, and I was super stoked for Funko to expand the line to licenses that seemed obvious, like Star Wars, Horror, Overwatch, Dragon Ball, etc. The fact that they haven't- and that their most successful line to date has been the Comfy Princess line that was released over two years after RC's debut - kind of breaks my heart. With a new heavy emphasis on VYNL, and considering how low sales have killed Hikari and really cut Dorbz short, I'm really worried about the lifespan of RCs.

But honestly? Yeah, I think a wave of Star Wars figures would give this line a great push. Mayne even continue the "Comfy" aspect? Leia, Padme, Rey, Ahsoka, and Hera Syndulla all in cutesy casual wear? Hey, if it worked gangbusters for the Princesses...
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Lot of female characters who would look great i rock candy form, Ashoka, aayla secura, shaak ti.
2012 Rookie of the Year

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:52 pm

fbingha wrote:...No slave Leia though, please.

:eek: OMG totally agree. All the Leias...except that one.
Hi, I'm Merri!

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:48 pm

Some star wars characters i would want to see are Leia, Padme, Rey, Ahsoka, And Jyn.

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:02 pm

Yes! Lots of Leias, for sure!

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:36 pm

It could def be a licensing issue. I think that is why all of their Marvel and Star Wars products have to have bobble-heads. They technically cannot produce 'action figures' of those products because other companies have those licensing rights, from what I have heard before, and Funko has the rights for bobble-heads.

D4nnym4n123

Postby D4nnym4n123 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:49 pm

Not a big fan of those but I think they could be a nice addition!
Happy Hunting everybody! And may the force and Freddy gods be with you!
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
SDCC 19'
ECCC Virtual Con 20'
FUNDAYS 2022!
FDO!
Show me that funko love and follow my twitch please? https://m.twitch.tv/d4nnym4n

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:20 pm

Somehow Funko will find a way!

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:36 am

:SW9:
YES!!!!

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

AshleyWilbanks

Postby AshleyWilbanks » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:54 pm

Like others have said, licensing is a sticking point I bet. However Hasbro's license ends in a couple of years, so I bet when they re-up with Lucasfilm, the company might make some changes so that companies like Funko can produce these stylized figures.
ImageImage

Follow me on Instagram: dccollectors
Follow me on Twitter: @dccollectors

Return to “Vinyl”