Where's the new Vynl.?

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
mohawkjones

Where's the new Vynl.?

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:28 pm

With just Neville & Luna left to be released, where are the new announcements/solicitations? Endgame is almost here, I was hoping we might see a couple of sets but nada yet.

Deathstroke/Nightwing and Man-At-Arms are still MIA. The monsters need Boo Berry to keep them company. There was that Wes Anderson leak that never materialized. SDCC announcements are on the horizon, hoping we see a few sets again like last year.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Gothamite

Re: Where's the new Vynl.?

Postby Gothamite » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:06 pm

They seem to be selling poorly, lots of sets being clearanced for $4.99 at ThinkGeek and Target.

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=94782

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:45 pm

mohawkjones wrote:With just Neville & Luna left to be released, where are the new announcements/solicitations? Endgame is almost here, I was hoping we might see a couple of sets but nada yet.

Deathstroke/Nightwing and Man-At-Arms are still MIA. The monsters need Boo Berry to keep them company. There was that Wes Anderson leak that never materialized. SDCC announcements are on the horizon, hoping we see a few sets again like last year.

They seem to have tapered off...the number of products seems to be mostly pops at this point.

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:57 pm

I love em, but the hype is still Pops... people just don't want anything else. I want to say the only other thing that Funko puts out that people gobble up consistently are the Mystery Minis.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:07 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:I love em, but the hype is still Pops... people just don't want anything else. I want to say the only other thing that Funko puts out that people gobble up consistently are the Mystery Minis.

I know, that hype train is still unreal with no sign of slowing down. While I dig pops, you know my jam is Hikari & Vynl. It's a bummer to keep ending up on the losing team. :smt120
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:12 pm

I really like Vynl for the NBX-mas set. I would be sad if it ended and we never got Zero hopefully they’ll release another set.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:52 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:I love em, but the hype is still Pops... people just don't want anything else. I want to say the only other thing that Funko puts out that people gobble up consistently are the Mystery Minis.

I know, that hype train is still unreal with no sign of slowing down. While I dig pops, you know my jam is Hikari & Vynl. It's a bummer to keep ending up on the losing team. :smt120

It's such a bummer.. Hikari and Vynl are totally the more "designer" styles, but the people who would buy these lines hate Funko. It's a totally vicious cycle we'll probably not see the end of.
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:06 pm

Vynl is so cool. Wish pop only collectors would branch out more.

Cheech and Chong just released. I think it's the newest release.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:43 pm

I like Vynl, it’s a mixture of cartoony stylized but still keeps the essence of the characters.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:29 am

Which is a shame for a couple of reasons.

1 - Vynl are way better looking than pops.
2 - Funko needs new lines and products to keep things fresh. If all they make are pops, it's only a matter of time before collectors burn out on the sameness of it all.
Funklub: 11181

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:57 pm

Squird wrote:

2 - Funko needs new lines and products to keep things fresh. If all they make are pops, it's only a matter of time before collectors burn out on the sameness of it all.

Definitely, people "get out of the game" even after just a year of collecting. I'm not sure what Funko can do though to appeal to the hipster/designer toy crowd but also still appeal to the masses through Pop.
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:36 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
Squird wrote:

Definitely, people "get out of the game" even after just a year of collecting. I'm not sure what Funko can do though to appeal to the hipster/designer toy crowd but also still appeal to the masses through Pop.

Totally agree with Steph on #2. I love lots of different lines by Funko. Some are hits while others are misses but Vynl is a big hit with me.

I really don't know what Funko will make (if they do) to really overcome the popularly of pops. It's going to have to be something really special though.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Nellekeller

Postby Nellekeller » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:50 pm

I think the Vynls are badass. They are much cleaner version of products. I just wish they would make more. There are just a few I have that need that 1 last 2pack to make it complete

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:54 pm

I don’t think it’s a lost cause. We got a like 3 sets for NYCC. Maybe they’re keeping them con exclusive until people grow to like them more?

I have seen plenty of sets on clearance. I plan on going back and grabbing a few before they are gone too tbh.
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:48 pm

BigM wrote:Vynl is so cool. Wish pop only collectors would branch out more.

Love the cheech and Chong vynl picked them up as soon as I saw it at hq!! Next one has to be Miami vice with don Johnson, keep em coming I'm fan
:freddy3:

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:05 pm

Gothamite wrote:They seem to be selling poorly, lots of sets being clearanced for $4.99 at ThinkGeek and Target.

http://funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=94782

I’ve noticed this as well. Some are really great but they don’t seem to be selling well.
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Squird

Postby Squird » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:13 pm

Kaosu wrote:
Gothamite wrote:They seem to be selling poorly, lots of sets being clearanced for $4.99 at ThinkGeek and Target.

I’ve noticed this as well. Some are really great but they don’t seem to be selling well.

A little old-timey perspective....pops got clearanced out of Target after the first DC and Marvel Series, and didn't come back for a year or two. Disney pops got clearanced out of the Disney stores after their first or second series, too. It took a while for pops to take off.

Also...saw a Buzz and Woody set at somewhere over the weekend.
Funklub: 11181

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:10 pm

Squird wrote:
Kaosu wrote:

A little old-timey perspective....pops got clearanced out of Target after the first DC and Marvel Series, and didn't come back for a year or two. Disney pops got clearanced out of the Disney stores after their first or second series, too. It took a while for pops to take off.

Also...saw a Buzz and Woody set at somewhere over the weekend.

That could be true, it might take a while for them to become popular if they do end up getting popular.
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:21 pm

I feel like anything two-pack will have a hard time gaining traction. They're just awkward to display in my opinion, unless you have a bunch of them to display together.

But they can't make them singles, because that defeats the premise of this line.
Hi, I'm CY

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:35 pm

The main appeal that drove me for vnyl was the characters they chose with dynamic posing like Jack Skellington

post31

Postby post31 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:16 pm

Figured I’d post here since it’s newer but man they did a great job on the Cheech and Chong Vynl. Don’t get me wrong I’ll take them in pop form but I’m beyond satisfied with the Vynl. versions. Best part they are already automatically in a 2pk.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:20 pm

I really like them but yes! I would like some in single packs, maybe an exclusive.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:50 am

I really like this line and hope to see it take off. I imagine it’s not easy to get retail space on the shelves and I have noticed that my Target barely carries much other than Pops and my Walmart has completely phased Funko out.
Hi! I’m Eric

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:58 am

I just preordered Capn Crunch and the crunchberry beast Vynl... I cant wait!
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

9fingerdevil

Postby 9fingerdevil » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:25 am

I think they are going the same as dorbz. not many people are interested in them probably going to slow down on them and most releases will be con/ funko shop releases would be my guess

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:13 pm

Jalapenopete wrote:
BigM wrote:Vynl is so cool. Wish pop only collectors would branch out more.

Love the cheech and Chong vynl picked them up as soon as I saw it at hq!! Next one has to be Miami vice with don Johnson, keep em coming I'm fan

Yeah, I noticed my own collection is leaning more toward the Vynl line. That Cheech and Chong is making the collection for sure. So well done.

Let’s keep squeaking like the oily wheel we can be. Keep supporting the line and hope for the best. Like Vynl is the best.
Did someone say, Disney POP!s?
Funko Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022!

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:30 pm

I agree it’s been kind of quite on the vynl front, seems like more dorbz are coming out. I’m sure we’ll see some new vynl sets make their way into the rotation of new releases of Funko products. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

TheyWereHunters

Postby TheyWereHunters » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:23 pm

I absolutely love the VYNL line, the Batman/WW set is one of my favourite pieces of Justice League merch out there!
Definitely wanna see more, had my fingers crossed for a Donnie Darko inspired set for so long now too

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:54 pm

Love Vynl hope they're not going away. We still need some TMNTs!
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:31 pm

I personally love the Vynl and have a bunch of them. I'll keep waiting for more!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Fri May 03, 2019 8:39 pm

Nellekeller wrote:I think the Vynls are badass. They are much cleaner version of products. I just wish they would make more. There are just a few I have that need that 1 last 2pack to make it complete

100% agree with this. If I’d seen Vynl back in the day and had to choose, would totally choose Vynl over Pops. Could be an issue of lack of space, I’ve been holding back on buying a lot because of this. I don’t have the space to display all my pops in my room and have to rotate the the collection instead.
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sun May 05, 2019 6:14 pm

I don’t know if it’s been said but I’m sure there will be an SDCC reveal
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Sun May 05, 2019 6:16 pm

A Vynl Venom & Carnage two pack would be cool.

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:23 pm

I would love to see a Groot Vynl \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun May 05, 2019 11:00 pm

Shalee04 wrote:I would love to see a Groot Vynl \:D/

Rocket & Groot is another no brainer! :eek:

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:33 am

I think they look nice, but there doesn’t seem to be hype for them. Money maker is always gonna be pops
Instagram- calebshiny

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Mon May 06, 2019 8:50 am

At least, people do like them. I know the NBX-mas sets were sellers.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon May 06, 2019 9:50 am

I have noticed I hadn't seen any announcements lately and hoped it wasn't facing the same fate as Dorbz (another line I love) but I feel Vynl is. Hopefully it will still get some love in the con/exclusives arena.

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:54 am

mohawkjones wrote:

Right!!!! \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Mon May 06, 2019 10:55 am

Shalee04 wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Right!!!! \:D/

I thought of something even better an adult Groot, Rocket, and baby Groot in a flowerpot 3-pack Vynl

Return to “Vinyl”