18" Retro Freddy from SDCC 2016

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
Fugly16

18" Retro Freddy from SDCC 2016

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:09 am

Does anyone know how many of these were made?

I bring mine to our local pop events and get asked how many were made, would like to accurately give the right answer. My best guess is 24 of each character? I was also wondering how these were given out at Fundays. Was it lottery or was the prize patrol just running these out to each section randomly giving them, I doubt they were tossing them.

Hi, I'm Vinh!
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fugly16

ImageImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Re: 18" Retro Freddy from SDCC 2016

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:28 am

Fugly16 wrote:Does anyone know how many of these were made?

I bring mine to our local pop events and get asked how many were made, would like to accurately give the right answer. My best guess is 24 of each character? I was also wondering how these were given out at Fundays. Was it lottery or was the prize patrol just running these out to each section randomly giving them, I doubt they were tossing them.

if i am not mistaken, i think they were LE10
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

3rd Place in 2019 Rookie Custom Contest

Krazydave2000

Postby Krazydave2000 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:55 am

mongoose12 wrote:

if i am not mistaken, i think they were LE10

No it's more then 10. Fugitive re released it about a year ago... I would put in the 20 to 24 pieces of each category.
:freddy2:

Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club Member
San Diego Chapter
Vest Up!!!! #FF4L

Frusie

Postby Frusie » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:06 am

They were lined on the stage and at the end people just went up and grabbed them.

YeetGrimes

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:46 am

Frusie wrote:

They were lined on the stage and at the end people just went up and grabbed them.

That's insane! I can't imagine there not being a fight of some sort...
Hiya, I'm Julie! I cosplayed as Pennywise at Funko Fundays 2019! I'm an It completist but also love to collect things from other movies, TV shows, games, etc. that I like.

I'm also an aspiring artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias:

Instagram: @julie.swaglord.grimes
Twitter: @YeetGrimes
ImageImage

Frusie

Postby Frusie » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:24 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
Frusie wrote:

That's insane! I can't imagine there not being a fight of some sort...

It was kinda crazy. My friend leapt from one side of the stage to the other, like one large leap! LOL it was pretty hysterical. That was a fun year!

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:38 pm

Frusie wrote:

Wow, that's something to imagine alright.
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:31 am

That would have been crazy to see. Nowadays it would be a brawl at best. I love Funko.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:25 am

I hate to burst your bubble but there is a story that goes behind that piece that I don’t think I want to share at this time. But there was a ton of those made but only some survived but I know there is way more than you guys think are out there, most surfaced after fundays while there is truth they only had very few displayed at that Fundays. Still a cool piece, congrats.
ISO both Genie Freddys and a affordable Venom Freddy

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:20 pm

Reverend wrote:I hate to burst your bubble but there is a story that goes behind that piece that I don’t think I want to share at this time. But there was a ton of those made but only some survived but I know there is way more than you guys think are out there, most surfaced after fundays while there is truth they only had very few displayed at that Fundays. Still a cool piece, congrats.

yikes, sounds like some nonsense went down. always sucks that a few knuckleheads can mess things up for the masses. ](*,)

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:48 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Reverend wrote:I hate to burst your bubble but there is a story that goes behind that piece that I don’t think I want to share at this time. But there was a ton of those made but only some survived but I know there is way more than you guys think are out there, most surfaced after fundays while there is truth they only had very few displayed at that Fundays. Still a cool piece, congrats.

yikes, sounds like some nonsense went down. always sucks that a few knuckleheads can mess things up for the masses. ](*,)

It wasn’t anything like that, let just say it was quality control problem ;-)
ISO both Genie Freddys and a affordable Venom Freddy

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:50 pm

Reverend wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

ahhhh gotcha! lol thats refreshing then :freddy2:

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:02 pm

Rev on point.

As for how people got them, it was not a free-for-all. The LE 10 pieces you are thinking of were 2015, the 33" Freddies.

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Reverend wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Quality control, so a bunch were made but only some were given out at Fundays that year. So the ones that did not pass quality control should have been thrown out but weren't?
Hi, I'm Vinh!
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fugly16

ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Vinyl”