Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Optimistic

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby Optimistic » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:17 pm

Mr Yac wrote:where was that? can't seem to find it.

Recent periscope/facebook/ect stream they just did

They are really impressive
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:20 pm

Optimistic wrote:

The stream was also reuploaded on their OriginalFunko YouTube channel. They unboxed them and answered questions about them. They come sealed in plastic and you don't know you got a chase until you open it. The can is also metallic, not plastic!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:36 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Optimistic wrote:

The stream was also reuploaded on their OriginalFunko YouTube channel. They unboxed them and answered questions about them. They come sealed in plastic and you don't know you got a chase until you open it. The can is also metallic, not plastic!

Kinda disappointed that you can't tell if it's a chase before destroying the packaging because that'd make it easier lol but I like the concept. Keeps the hunt real and prevents flippers from scalping all the chases.
Yes... we're still here! Hoping Fundays 2024 will be my first! :bounce:

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:40 pm

zackispoppin wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:The stream was also reuploaded on their OriginalFunko YouTube channel. They unboxed them and answered questions about them. They come sealed in plastic and you don't know you got a chase until you open it. The can is also metallic, not plastic!

Kinda disappointed that you can't tell if it's a chase before destroying the packaging because that'd make it easier lol but I like the concept. Keeps the hunt real and prevents flippers from scalping all the chases.

A few years ago I used to order bunches of POPs with Chase chance from Walmart or Hot Topic and doing crazy unboxings and finding the chase that way was sooooo much fun. That's why I am kinda excited that the chases aren't marked. I preordered two of each so I can't wait to unbox them all. Plus it helps the trade-ability of them. I can't wait to hunt down full sets along with others on here!

:D \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:41 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
zackispoppin wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:The stream was also reuploaded on their OriginalFunko YouTube channel. They unboxed them and answered questions about them. They come sealed in plastic and you don't know you got a chase until you open it. The can is also metallic, not plastic!

A few years ago I used to order bunches of POPs with Chase chance from Walmart or Hot Topic and doing crazy unboxings and finding the chase that way was sooooo much fun. That's why I am kinda excited that the chases aren't marked. I preordered two of each so I can't wait to unbox them all. Plus it helps the trade-ability of them. I can't wait to hunt down full sets along with others on here!

:D \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I ordered a whole case of Big Boys lol so I'll have some extras and I hope I'll be able to trade away those commons. Still only 7500 of them.
Yes... we're still here! Hoping Fundays 2024 will be my first! :bounce:

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:08 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:I'm surprised that there aren't any Star Wars. This line looks cool and there are a few that I want to pick up.

maybe has to do with the bobblehead rule/agreement/law (lol)?

Probably and I think they need to be on a stand as well.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:11 pm

zackispoppin wrote:Kinda disappointed that you can't tell if it's a chase before destroying the packaging because that'd make it easier lol but I like the concept. Keeps the hunt real and prevents flippers from scalping all the chases.

i have the opposite fear, i would be disappointed if i got most of the chases instead of the originals.... lol

Optimistic wrote:

ah, not my platforms of choice lol

i checked their youtube first, but wasn't uploaded yet i guess. thanks

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:26 pm

Image Image Image Image

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:40 am

Really love the way these turned out. I pre ordered Batman, Robin, & Big Boy.

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:58 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Optimistic wrote:

Yesssss I’m glad you can’t tell. I’m about to have a mini army of lion os as I hunt for the chase haha. Hopefully they have them at hot topic so I can scoop some up during hot cash

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:29 am

MartinMtz702 wrote:Link to youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XxQNyacrpM

Thanks for the link assist! I loved Sully's shirt on this one.

PhoenixForce

Re: Funko Soda Figure

Postby PhoenixForce » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:30 am

cptsailor wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:I’m amazed at how many people think the can is actually soda on social media lol

:roflmao:

Hahaha! Probably because of the Soda bottle release at SDCC a few years back. But still, drinking the can of soda to get the figure would be weird and sticky. :roflmao:

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:39 am

Love the can is mettle cannot wait to see in person
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:35 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:They just did an unboxing and holy cow these are fantastic! They are about the same size as Pops.

I'm so hyped! I just preordered most of them at my local GameStop. I got all except Count Chocula, Batman, Lion-O, jabberJaw, Huckleberry Hound, Crusader Rabbit and Big Boy which were online only. They then were able to order the rest of those except Big Boy who is sold out. So you can preorder all but one at Gamestop. I can't wait!

Thanks for posting where u preordered I was wondering where they were gonna be sold
:freddy3:

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:47 am

Scotty wrote:Funko has a knack for selecting amazing characters for all generations. I can NOT believe they threw in a Bat Fink. Unbelievably cool. But, that said, I'm sticking to the Hanna-Barbera, otherwise I'd want just about all of them - and i'm freakin' downsizing.

These will look awesome displayed with their cans.

Oh come on Scott ;-) the power of Funko compels you..the power of Funko compels you... =P~

Heck I thought Bat Fink was an original character..I had never heard of him before until I googled him 8-[
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Mattyboy03

Postby Mattyboy03 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:41 pm

I'm probably only going to stick with getting the Thundercats and MOTU ones, because my wallet and my storage space could not deal with me buying a frat house size pile of cans trying to get all the chases for each one! lol (Insert the noise of cans falling everywhere)

Matt or Matt-Chew!

Instagram: Bigluciouz

Fundays 2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 - 2018
Funko Fright Night II

Latest Grails I'm Looking For:

-18" Retro Freddy Skeletor - Color Freddy He-Man & Freddy Skeletor PoP! Protos - Elvira, All Black Pop! Proto

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:49 pm

From yesterday’s live stream
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:20 pm

Mattyboy03 wrote:I'm probably only going to stick with getting the Thundercats and MOTU ones, because my wallet and my storage space could not deal with me buying a frat house size pile of cans trying to get all the chases for each one! lol (Insert the noise of cans falling everywhere)

The cans would be great for Funko beer pong since the whole top lid comes off. :-k
Image Image Image Image

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:08 pm

Today during their Q&A session on twittwe, I asked Funko about con exclusive Funko Soda Vinyls and they said there is absolutely going to be! Though it will be hard to obtain if its not shared I am looking forward to hunting them down and collecting them if they appeal to me!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:12 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:Really love the way these turned out. I pre ordered Batman, Robin, & Big Boy.

Awesome choice, hope you get the chase! The chases on those three are amazing.
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Aspring Funko artist!

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:27 pm

thefunkohunko wrote:Today during their Q&A session on twittwe, I asked Funko about con exclusive Funko Soda Vinyls and they said there is absolutely going to be! Though it will be hard to obtain if its not shared I am looking forward to hunting them down and collecting them if they appeal to me!

I don't know if I should say OH NO or OH YES! I love they are having plans for the line beyond what we can see but I am also going to be all in on the line so my wallet is trembling in fear! lol

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:29 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
thefunkohunko wrote:Today during their Q&A session on twittwe, I asked Funko about con exclusive Funko Soda Vinyls and they said there is absolutely going to be! Though it will be hard to obtain if its not shared I am looking forward to hunting them down and collecting them if they appeal to me!

I don't know if I should say OH NO or OH YES! I love they are having plans for the line beyond what we can see but I am also going to be all in on the line so my wallet is trembling in fear! lol

Just like any other con exclusive (if not shared) it will be a pretty penny. I believe its worth it if you want it hard enough. I'm in love with this line!
Aspring Funko artist!

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:30 pm

Nis_chac wrote:From yesterday’s live stream

So shiny, I love it!
Aspring Funko artist!

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:09 pm

I really enjoyed the livestream! Wish they unboxed MOTU though...Skeletor looks awesome!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:09 pm

Big Boy is tempting...but I think I'll wait until they have one I REALLY want. Gotta conserve space lol
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Ms_CcBabeyy

Postby Ms_CcBabeyy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:18 pm

renardchua wrote:Brian just tweeted this:

Looks like we have ourselves a new Funko line!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MariaBartiro ... 3798361089

Looks awesome! Can’t wait for the official announcements!

haha for a second I thought we were buying actual Funko soda with a mystery figure included in the package. I had a friend joke with me saying "you have to drink the soda to get the figure inside" haha

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:03 pm

I preordered batman, count chocula and big boy. Need that Freddy though!!
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:07 pm

Thanks to the person who gave me the preorder earlier (can't seem to find that comment so). Going with Crusader Rabbit right now to see how much they appeal to me irl

Anyway, here's realistically how I'm seeing this line going down:

They are pricier then I expected them to be, yet at the same time I did not expect them to be Pop size. They are definitely a more boutique line then Pop, especially with the specific theme of vintage characters, but it provides the issues Funko had with other lines. Namely, people only buy Pops for the most part. The chases here are an incentive to keep buying and sell out the quantity, as well as the limited count, but how long will this line last if it's not making Pop-related bank, which it's not expected to? Even lines Brian likes like Dorbz or Wacky Wobblers he couldn't keep alive with limited releases, nor cared to when they easily can make some for con booth-only exclusives. It's a different Funko now that they are publicly traded

I'll give the line around 2 and a half years to run its course. I hope we get as many deserving characters in that timeframe as possible
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 pm

"I wish that everythiiiing was goooold!" I really love this and the Robin chase. I like the retro Batman costumes and hope they make some more variants for comic con or something. At least the Professor Radium green glow one!

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:13 am

Has anyone else seen the pre-orders for "PopCultcha Exclusives" available to ship to USA? They seem to be the same as ones that are available from the other vendors that are doing pre-orders. Wonder why PopCultcha is listing them as exclusives?
https://www.popcultcha.com.au/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=asc&order=price&q=funko+soda+can
Last edited by HockeyDad on Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:16 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:

"I wish that everythiiiing was goooold!" I really love this and the Robin chase. I like the retro Batman costumes and hope they make some more variants for comic con or something. At least the Professor Radium green glow one!

I agree! the gold is pretty sweet!
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:10 am

so if they do star wars they would have to bobble too ? sigh.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:50 am

ocwankenobi wrote:so if they do star wars they would have to bobble too ? sigh.

I think so because of licensing issues...That is probably why the Han in carbon has a slight wobble to it...Makes no sense but I'm guessing if they wanted to make that pop, they had to stay within the lines of "bobble heads".

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:20 am

Really like how these look. Watching the unboxing online got me fired up and wanting to get a chase. Definitely going to grab these for the lines I already collect.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:32 am

saw a freddy funko somewhere with a different colored shirt. hoping to see more of them. Fun concept they've done here. I like it!
ImageImage

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:33 am

Btw, anyone know if the cans are re-sealable?
ImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:26 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:Has anyone else seen the pre-orders for "PopCultcha Exclusives" available to ship to USA? They seem to be the same as ones that are available from the other vendors that are doing pre-orders. Wonder why PopCultcha is listing them as exclusives?
https://www.popcultcha.com.au/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=asc&order=price&q=funko+soda+can

My guess is that since Popcultcha handles overseas Funko releases, it is exclusive to them versus other Australian toy vendors?

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:25 pm

FunkoLoco wrote:Btw, anyone know if the cans are re-sealable?

Yep, the whole top part of the can is popped out/popped back in.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:28 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:so if they do star wars they would have to bobble too ? sigh.

More than likely. Even though it's a new line, notice how the Vynl line of Star Wars also had bases and wobbled. So even though it's not a "Pop", looks like the same rules apply.
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:38 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

I agree the Gold is #1 =D> =D> =D> =D>
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

Return to “Soda”