Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby popfanboy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:26 am

Mr Yac wrote:I really hope we can finally get an Orbity, have always been disappointed we never got him as a Pop. as for Egon, it'd never happen but imagine if the boys all got Real Ghostbusters inspired chases.

That would be an awesome chase variant!
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

nogimmick

Postby nogimmick » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:52 am

so i'm in the process of having a customizer make a set of metallic DC sodas (not batgirl or harley)---i ordered a robin off the PPG marketplace to have repainted, didn't realize he was sealed. got him today and i thought "with my hot streak lately this will probably be the chase when i really just want the common"...

yep. sold him on facebook earlier tonight, and now i have to order another robin.
this is a good problem to have.
indigo tribe, nok :freddy2:

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:44 am

Oh my more glows for the sodas, might have to start making some more room now.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:32 pm

Mr Yac wrote:my concern for Soda is the ever increasing edition sizes, this line isn't going to make it long-term if we keep seeing Soda in the 20-30.000+ ranges.

Even now I feel some of them have too many when they are over 10,000
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:43 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:-The Tick w/ GITD

you're probably right on the others, but if Tick doesn't get the Mucus Tick treatment i'll be disappointed.

Metallic Mucus Tick :-k :-k :-k ... :wwe12: :wwe12: :wwe12:
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:33 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:-The Tick w/ GITD

you're probably right on the others, but if Tick doesn't get the Mucus Tick treatment i'll be disappointed.

Metallic Mucus Tick :-k :-k :-k ... :wwe12: :wwe12: :wwe12:

That would be cool!
Poppin'

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:09 am

Optimistic wrote:
Even now I feel some of them have too many when they are over 10,000

yup, in my opinion none of them should be over 10,000. and that number should be reserved for the giant properties. i mean when things creep beyond the 10,000 number what is the point to even call it limited?

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Metallic Mucus Tick :-k :-k :-k ... :wwe12: :wwe12: :wwe12:

ideally i'd prefer him to be slightly transparent, but i'll take what i can get as long as he's made of snot lol

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:32 am

That probably would have happened a couple years ago when they did the pop.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:41 am

Mr Yac wrote:
yup, in my opinion none of them should be over 10,000. and that number should be reserved for the giant properties. i mean when things creep beyond the 10,000 number what is the point to even call it limited?

Totally agree 10k should be max, definitely dilutes the product when you hit 12.5k, 15k, 20k unless like you mentioned it's a top notch property. Right now the only property I don't mind over the 10k mark is tmnt.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:45 am

digithor wrote:That probably would have happened a couple years ago when they did the pop.

if you're referring about the mucus tick the pop was actually based on the live action series and the soda seems to be more cartoon based, but that is just me speculating from the one quick image we saw.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:21 pm

More glams for new sodas AND are now preorderable!!!!!!!!!!
These are all AMAZING. Rosie is my favorite of them but Fearless Leader and Quisp are also great. Check out the different glow colors for Quisp!
And will we see all the Ghostbusters as slimed chases? Will all look great together!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:01 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Image
These are all AMAZING. Rosie is my favorite of them but Fearless Leader and Quisp are also great. Check out the different glow colors for Quisp!
And will we see all the Ghostbusters as slimed chases? Will all look great together!

Love that Rosie!
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:19 pm

Absolutely love the slimed chase!

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:53 pm

Really like the chases we got. I would have preferred if the Egon chase was covered in marshmallow to go with Stay Puft, but the slime still looks great. If the Rosie metallic chase looks like the Jabberjaw it will be a beautiful piece!

I am confused on the Quisp though. In the glams Funko posted the common is holding the box while on FunTV and on Hot Topic he is holding the bowl. I'd definitely prefer to have the common be holding the bowl and the chase be glow with a new mold. Not a big fan of the chases that are only glow.
Tanner
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:12 pm

popfanboy wrote:Not a big fan of the chases that are only glow.

I agree. I've said it before, but I'm not a fan of the chases that look the same where the only way you can tell they're a chase is under UV. At least with Stay Puft it's a different color so the chase stands out. The TMNT have slightly different smiles, but still hard to tell the difference.
Poppin'

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:08 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:That probably would have happened a couple years ago when they did the pop.

if you're referring about the mucus tick the pop was actually based on the live action series and the soda seems to be more cartoon based, but that is just me speculating from the one quick image we saw.

Exactly the previous series, but we all know that anything can come out at anytime also.
ImageImageImageImage

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:14 pm

*chefs kiss*

This is collectively my favorite Soda reveals since the Original announcement due to the diversity and awesomeness of the characters. Wondering if the Quisp common is the one shown in FunTV rather than the one pictured? That would be awesome to have a different mold between the two variants.

Also, the soda variants of Ghostbusters is a great idea. Reminds me of the old Vinyl Idolz variants. Maybe just maybe I'll pick those up if I can find them!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:25 pm

love the new sodas!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:45 pm

I love the metallic Rosie. And the slimed chase Ghostbusters is perfect. Hopefully we get a slimmer later down the road.
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:24 am

popfanboy wrote:THANK YOU FUNKO! Today's Soda reveals have me so excited. The biggest smile crossed my face when Egon appeared on screen all but confirming we will get the whole gang. I was worried we may just have Stay Puft for a while, but nope! Not only does Egon make me excited for the future, but that Werewolf does too. I can picture all my favorite Scooby Doo monsters in Soda form right now. Spooky Space Kook, Captain Cutler, The Creeper, Snow Ghost, and Phantom Shadow!

Already got an All Might, Werewolf, and Beetlejuice preordered thanks to BoxLunch and that sweet, sweet BoxLunch Lunch Money! Bring on Egon! Wonder what his chase will be? Covered in marshmallow? Slimed? Can't wait!

I feel like a dork, it never occurred to me that Stay Puft was going to be the start of a Ghostbusters gang! Glad to have not thought that one through though, and really looking forward to adding them to the club. Obviously we get all the Ghostbusters eventually, but I wonder....will be get Janine and Luis? Soda Slimer? So excited for this now!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:42 am

I love the metallic Rosie. And the slimed chase Ghostbusters is perfect. Hopefully we get a slimmer later down the road.

Rosie looks good in that reveal, I might just have to roll the dice on that one.
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:17 am

digithor wrote:Rosie looks good in that reveal, I might just have to roll the dice on that one.

finally, a metallic variant that actually makes sense! lol

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:06 pm

digithor wrote:

Rosie looks good in that reveal, I might just have to roll the dice on that one.

I hope the paint job is good as the Duck Dodgers chase. Each wave the metallic paint has got better.

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:15 pm

nogimmick wrote:so i'm in the process of having a customizer make a set of metallic DC sodas (not batgirl or harley)---i ordered a robin off the PPG marketplace to have repainted, didn't realize he was sealed. got him today and i thought "with my hot streak lately this will probably be the chase when i really just want the common"...

yep. sold him on facebook earlier tonight, and now i have to order another robin.
this is a good problem to have.

Congrats! Nice problem to have indeed! =D>
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:23 pm

Does it feel like Scare Glow is the hardest soda to get right now? I can not find one available anywhere. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:29 pm

Katers wrote:I feel like a dork, it never occurred to me that Stay Puft was going to be the start of a Ghostbusters gang! Glad to have not thought that one through though, and really looking forward to adding them to the club. Obviously we get all the Ghostbusters eventually, but I wonder....will be get Janine and Luis? Soda Slimer? So excited for this now!

I was very hopeful once Stay Puft was announced that we would get the Ghostbusters themselves, but I was also worried that we may just get Stay Puft, at least for a while. I was so happy when Egon showed up on FunTV.
Tanner

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:41 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Does it feel like Scare Glow is the hardest soda to get right now? I can not find one available anywhere. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

i should have like 8 coming (first one i went hard on the chase for) so if you can't find one, and don't mind getting one that's been opened i can help.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:48 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Does it feel like Scare Glow is the hardest soda to get right now? I can not find one available anywhere. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

i should have like 8 coming (first one i went hard on the chase for) so if you can't find one, and don't mind getting one that's been opened i can help.

Fo sho, thank you :thumbright: . I ordered some from GS...but the order keeps getting pushed. I'm afraid that they might have over sold their inventory. Then I missed the shop drop by 20 mins. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:36 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

Fo sho, thank you :thumbright: . I ordered some from GS...but the order keeps getting pushed. I'm afraid that they might have over sold their inventory. Then I missed the shop drop by 20 mins. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I ordered a Fred Flintstone from GameStop and it never came, I feel like they can order them but will never actually receive them.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:39 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Fo sho, thank you :thumbright: . I ordered some from GS...but the order keeps getting pushed. I'm afraid that they might have over sold their inventory. Then I missed the shop drop by 20 mins. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I ordered a Fred Flintstone from GameStop and it never came, I feel like they can order them but will never actually receive them.

Yep I am in same boat. My Fred Flintstone was the only soda from the original wave I never got from preorder. Super strange but luckily got it from the UK with chase!
But yeah Scareglow I have preordered in person at Gamestop. It is definitely seeming to be a super hard soda to get. Lots of places sold out immediately online for preorder
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:16 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Yep I am in same boat. My Fred Flintstone was the only soda from the original wave I never got from preorder. Super strange but luckily got it from the UK with chase!
But yeah Scareglow I have preordered in person at Gamestop. It is definitely seeming to be a super hard soda to get. Lots of places sold out immediately online for preorder

i ordered 2 from Entertainment Earth when they went up (2 was the limit) and a couple weeks later they cut my order down to 1, he really does seem to be the most popular common Soda so far. also oddly BigBad never seemed to get him at all.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:37 pm

Just received my Rocksteady sodas from Funko today. Went 1 for 4! So glad to get the chase to go with my Shredder chase. Crossing my fingers that I get the Bebop chase too, but only pre-ordered 2 of him.
Poppin'

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:40 pm

theraven00 wrote:Just received my Rocksteady sodas from Funko today. Went 1 for 4! So glad to get the chase to go with my Shredder chase. Crossing my fingers that I get the Bebop chase too, but only pre-ordered 2 of him.

funny you got Rocksteady before Bebop since he was announced so much atfter.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:44 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I love the metallic Rosie. And the slimed chase Ghostbusters is perfect. Hopefully we get a slimmer later down the road.

Vigo would be cool in Soda form, too!
Poppin'

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:46 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
theraven00 wrote:Just received my Rocksteady sodas from Funko today. Went 1 for 4! So glad to get the chase to go with my Shredder chase. Crossing my fingers that I get the Bebop chase too, but only pre-ordered 2 of him.

funny you got Rocksteady before Bebop since he was announced so much atfter.

Yeah, probably had to do with pre-ordering Bebop with Michelangelo and Donatello through a 3rd party.
Poppin'

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:00 pm

theraven00 wrote:Vigo would be cool in Soda form, too!

i love Vigo, i will never understand the dislike people have for part 2.

theraven00 wrote:Yeah, probably had to do with pre-ordering Bebop with Michelangelo and Donatello through a 3rd party.

that could be, i ordered Bebop from BigBad and Entertainment Earth and my EE one just shipped the other day.

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:04 pm

Yes it seems Scare Glow is the one. Didn't have it at Funko Hollywood today. Although not sure they ever had it... I'm sure the 10 usual store flippers bought cases.
(And a side note: my luck is gone! Bought 2 Rocksteady, 2 Duck, 2 Leatherface and 2 more, 0 chase!)
SDCC: 07-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-19-21-22-23
NYCC: 19-22

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:50 pm

Care to sell one of your extra commons? I missed him on the Funko shop and preorders from bbts seem to take forever to come in for me.

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:46 pm

digithor wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I love the metallic Rosie. And the slimed chase Ghostbusters is perfect. Hopefully we get a slimmer later down the road.

I hope the paint job is good as the Duck Dodgers chase. Each wave the metallic paint has got better.

Haven't seen that one yet, I don't think I've had a metallic in a while actually.
ImageImageImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:32 am

Quazimoto wrote:

Care to sell one of your extra commons? I missed him on the Funko shop and preorders from bbts seem to take forever to come in for me.

Yeah, I can do that. Send me a message and we can get it done.
Poppin'

Return to “Soda”