Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Pryde72

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby Pryde72 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:28 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:More goodies from last week.

Very very VERY nicely done.

Gotta love a Beetlejuice
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:35 pm

do you buy a whole case and only show us one of each, or do you really have such perfect luck? lol

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:44 am

Mr Yac wrote:

do you buy a whole case and only show us one of each, or do you really have such perfect luck? lol

Just let the answer be "whole case" so that the rest of us don't feel so bad with not getting chases. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:17 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

lol lol lol It's luck. I buy lose cans from different spots.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:19 pm

digithor wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Just let the answer be "whole case" so that the rest of us don't feel so bad with not getting chases. lol

I probably would save soooo much more $$$ if I just bought cases. ](*,) :( ](*,) :( ](*,) :(
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:27 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
digithor wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

I probably would save soooo much more $$$ if I just bought cases. ](*,) :( ](*,) :( ](*,) :(

Haha, it makes more sense that way. Yet we still just go for the small amounts all the time, does make it more exciting though. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Stu

Postby Stu » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:36 pm

This is going to sound like a stupid question, for that I apologize. Has anyone got the common El Furioso Soda? I've bought three and each one has been a chase. I'm never that lucky, so I wanted to ask if there was a known production error or something along those lines.
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

ISO: Skeletor and Panthor Dorbz ride.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:24 pm

Stu wrote:This is going to sound like a stupid question, for that I apologize. Has anyone got the common El Furioso Soda? I've bought three and each one has been a chase. I'm never that lucky, so I wanted to ask if there was a known production error or something along those lines.

I skipped this one but my advice is to try a 4th time lol if you get another chase then the common was never meant to be yours

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:44 pm

Stu wrote:This is going to sound like a stupid question, for that I apologize. Has anyone got the common El Furioso Soda? I've bought three and each one has been a chase. I'm never that lucky, so I wanted to ask if there was a known production error or something along those lines.

Yeah I pulled the common for mine lol But that is a good issue to have lol
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:17 am

I might need you to buy me a few Sodas if your luck continues.lol
Poppin'

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:24 am

I’ve been swimming in sodas lately and I love it lol grabbed like 5 or so from box lunch last week and managed one chase of Martian Manhunter. Got my case of werewolves in from funko shop and I may also have a case of Quisp and Chester cheetah coming too lol I’m soda drunk!! Lol
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:58 am

Dsho333 wrote:
Squird wrote:
emoagogo wrote:lol lol yes

I joined that group a few days before the proto giveaway announcement. Then saw a post that they were kicking people out. Sure enough I was out of the group. F*ck 'em.

Yup, same thing happened to me, and then when I tried to rejoin after the giveaway, still didn't let me in.

I no longer have any patience for those shenanigans. There are Soda groups run by friends and people on the forum. I'll stick to them.
Funklub: 11181

Squird

Postby Squird » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:01 pm

I bought two Fruioso and one of the Spider-man Lucha. Got a chase of each. Went out and bought a lottery ticket to keep the luck rolling.

It didn't last.
Funklub: 11181

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 pm

A new wave of Soda Reveals is upon us!!

Stan Lee (with Gold Chase)

Umbrella Academy - Pogo (with Flocked Chase)

Danger Mouse

John Wick

Super Chicken

Prince John

Rat Fink
Last edited by renardchua on Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:09 pm

renardchua wrote:A new wave of Soda Reveals is upon us!!

Stan Lee

need em both, NUFF SAID! :D

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:10 pm

Squird wrote:

I bought two Fruioso and one of the Spider-man Lucha. Got a chase of each. Went out and bought a lottery ticket to keep the luck rolling.

It didn't last.

You should buy more Sodas - to keep the Chase luck going :D

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:18 pm

Ordered a couple of Prince John. :O Love the chase. Can't wait for my Edna and Professor Owl to come in!
Melissa

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:18 pm

This wave is one of the best so far!!!!!!!
Danger Mouse and Super Chicken are MUST GETS for me since I LOVE animation sodas.
Prince John is also a really amazing surprise, I like it. Rat Fink looks great too
Also the PX previews Joker Soda is interesting, hopefully is handled well

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:41 pm

Probably the last one for this wave:

Batman who Laughs - PX Exclusive

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:45 pm

whoa, these came out of nowhere. Robin Hood is my favorite Disney movie, and Danger Mouse is amazing. haha, but now we're back to needing more sidekicks. we can add Sir Hiss and Penfold to the ever growing list.

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:08 pm

Not a lot from this wave I need (phew lol) some good ones I’d try if I see em in the wild though
Image Image

Funklub #14244
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:08 pm

Everyone see the image that international releases will come out with different LE? I really hope the figures are different, if not I might be getting out of Sodas if the LE isn't real and can just be increased with another "international release."
Poppin'

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:10 pm

theraven00 wrote:Everyone see the image that international releases will come out with different LE? I really hope the figures are different, if not I might be getting out of Sodas if the LE isn't real and can just be increased with another "international release."

i didn't see that, but it's incredibly disappointing. but again i've been saying for awhile the numbers were largely worthless as they keep going up and up.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:14 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
theraven00 wrote:Everyone see the image that international releases will come out with different LE? I really hope the figures are different, if not I might be getting out of Sodas if the LE isn't real and can just be increased with another "international release."

i didn't see that, but it's incredibly disappointing. but again i've been saying for awhile the numbers were largely worthless as they keep going up and up.

Funko Europe tweeted an image of most of these new releases, but the counts are different and has a Funko international logo on the can. Appears to be the same figures. So basically the LE (and common/chase) count mean nothing now. Horrible move, in my opinion. Definitely going to make me think twice about any future purchases.
Poppin'

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:26 pm

theraven00 wrote:Funko Europe tweeted an image of most of these new releases, but the counts are different and has a Funko international logo on the can. Appears to be the same figures. So basically the LE (and common/chase) count mean nothing now. Horrible move, in my opinion. Definitely going to make me think twice about any future purchases.

i hate to say it, but Funko hasn't been focused on "collectors" for quite awhile. Soda really seemed like the line that would reinvigorate that spirit in the company, but i guess that was only ever going to last until they either became popular or died like so many of their other new lines.

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:33 pm

theraven00 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Funko Europe tweeted an image of most of these new releases, but the counts are different and has a Funko international logo on the can. Appears to be the same figures. So basically the LE (and common/chase) count mean nothing now. Horrible move, in my opinion. Definitely going to make me think twice about any future purchases.

It gets tricky when you start playing with the numbers that’s for sure. But, I thought about it some and I am happy for international collectors who really couldn’t get sodas before.
Image Image

Funklub #14244
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:34 pm

So, would the LE counts be additive, so for example: Stan Lee 10k for the US and 8k international = 18k total?

And with this, would people be buying for the cans as well - since there is a "International" logo on the packaging?

Interesting to see how this pans out.

EDIT:

It's already updated on the Funko blog, and yes - it is additive.

https://www.funko.com/blog/article/new- ... -packaging
Last edited by renardchua on Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:37 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:
theraven00 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

It gets tricky when you start playing with the numbers that’s for sure. But, I thought about it some and I am happy for international collectors who really couldn’t get sodas before.

They could have just increased the count and distributed more internationally. Heck, it's not like some Soda haven't been sitting in Australia for over a year (Woody Woodpecker and others). This is just a way to show a more limited LE and also cause confusion (now a chase has 2 different LE pogs for the same figure?).

Also, nothing to prevent them from releasing earlier waves now with international numbers, etc.
Poppin'

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:49 pm

theraven00 wrote:
Also, nothing to prevent them from releasing earlier waves now with international numbers, etc.

if we're being honest with ourselves, the lack of the figures themselves being numbered means they could be making endless amounts and saying they fall within the number that is on the can. who is out there counting all 12,500 Crash Bandicoots for example lol

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:58 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
theraven00 wrote:

if we're being honest with ourselves, the lack of the figures themselves being numbered means they could be making endless amounts and saying they fall within the number that is on the can. who is out there counting all 12,500 Crash Bandicoots for example lol

True. I just remember an old interview with Brian where he was quoted as saying they take pride in sticking to their LE count. I can overlook re-releases, box variants, etc. but to me if it has a # on the product (convention, baseball parks, etc.) I've taken that to be the real thing.

That's what made Sodas special, they were all limited releases with stated figure (some more limited than others). Now the count is based upon can? How does that work with the stated numbers on the pogs? Those numbers are/were related to the figure, not the can.
Poppin'

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:03 pm

theraven00 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
theraven00 wrote:

True. I just remember an old interview with Brian where he was quoted as saying they take pride in sticking to their LE count. I can overlook re-releases, box variants, etc. but to me if it has a # on the product (convention, baseball parks, etc.) I've taken that to be the real thing.

That's what made Sodas special, they were all limited releases with stated figure (some more limited than others). Now the count is based upon can? How does that work with the stated numbers on the pogs? Those numbers are/were related to the figure, not the can.

I can imagine that the Pogs would probably be different as well for both versions since the total count for both are different as well.

Basically, there’s 2 subsets of the whole population. That is my understanding about this.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:14 pm

Fyi, a bunch of wave 1 are now up for pre-order on popinabox. It'll be interesting if these are international re-releases. Otherwise, not sure how some could suddenly be available for pre-order with good long they've been sold out (and more limited LE runs).
Poppin'

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:21 pm

renardchua wrote:A new wave of Soda Reveals is upon us!!

Spoiler: show
Stan Lee (with Gold Chase)

Umbrella Academy - Pogo (with Flocked Chase)

Danger Mouse

John Wick

Super Chicken

Prince John

Rat Fink

Today has already been great with all these announcement of new sodas. The Wick is the one I'm most excited to get.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:22 pm

theraven00 wrote: It'll be interesting if these are international re-releases.

Not a rerelease. Pop in a box UK and many other international companies has had most of wave 1 in stock since release. I got lots of sodas this way. Pop in a box probably wants to move inventory.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:22 pm

renardchua wrote:Probably the last one for this wave:

Batman who Laughs - PX Exclusive

Wow. All I can say is wow. :shock: :shock: :shock:

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:26 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Not a rerelease. Pop in a box UK and many other international companies has had most of wave 1 in stock since release. I got lots of sodas this way. Pop in a box probably wants to move inventory.

That's what I don't understand about the "international needs their own LE" argument then. So they're not selling well internationally (PC, PIAB, etc.) and yet an extra allocation needs to be made? That also assumes that Funko is incompetent about how to do allocations, which I find unlikely with how many years they've been doing it. It's not like they don't share limited releases every con as well.
Poppin'

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:43 pm

theraven00 wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:

That's what I don't understand about the "international needs their own LE" argument then. So they're not selling well internationally (PC, PIAB, etc.) and yet an extra allocation needs to be made? That also assumes that Funko is incompetent about how to do allocations, which I find unlikely with how many years they've been doing it. It's not like they don't share limited releases every con as well.

=D> =D> =D>

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:29 pm

I am so excited for all the new soda figures! They are all so great! I got to say though I think I am most excited about the Rat Fink one been waiting for that one for a while and I am so glad it is here!!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:58 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

This makes sense, but then I wondered why the preorder status and all the way to September if they just have stock to move. Hmm.
Image Image

Funklub #14244
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:16 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:

This makes sense, but then I wondered why the preorder status and all the way to September if they just have stock to move. Hmm.

Yep, that part is very suspect to me. The lead time for them is way too long to say they're moving stock between warehouse, especially with the LE on wave 1 (and not like PIAB got most of that allocation either).
Poppin'

Return to “Soda”