Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
nascar246788

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:49 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
GLOW CHASE!!!!! It looks amazing! The Blue parts of Leo glow. It glows great in person

I can't wait for mine to come in. I hope I get one common and one chase.
Collecting since 2014

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:43 pm

Imagery wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:With the Nightmare Before Christmas Tear-Away clown being so popular, we will for sure see some more Disney action! I hope for old school looks for modern characters we know like Goofy and Donald. But also some old classics like Oswald, Horace Horsecaller and Clarabelle Cow.

This discussion made me think of how well-suited Ichabod Crane would be to this line and how good of a Funkoween release it would make

Mmmmmmm, some spooky sodas would be really awesome!!! Maybe Halloween time would be a good time for some Funko originals to be sodas. Like Bone Daddy and Sike-o-Shriner or Wolfgang or maybe even Karl (even though I want a POP of him first). Yeah Ichabod Crane would be a great soda as well but the Headless Horseman would be AMAZING with a GLOW CHASE! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:59 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Some of those TNG characters would be neat to see as special con exclusives, especially if the actors were part of that con.

There are so many guest stars and characters throughout the course of the shows, they would have a REALLY long line to go through. I am willing to make the commitment here! :cheers:

No shortage of commitment for the star trek line.

The Star Trek line that we are thus far creating in our heads? Of course....plenty of things start in someone's head, so why not these?

I just know that right now I want a new soda!! Why is the drop date for the EE sodas so far away right now?? ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:08 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
There are so many guest stars and characters throughout the course of the shows, they would have a REALLY long line to go through. I am willing to make the commitment here! :cheers:

The Star Trek line that we are thus far creating in our heads? Of course....plenty of things start in someone's head, so why not these?

I just know that right now I want a new soda!! Why is the drop date for the EE sodas so far away right now?? ](*,)

Another month-ish, and then new reveals for Christmas time?
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:09 am

Rothkolion wrote:
Katers wrote:
Rothkolion wrote:

I agree about the design but honestly, if they did TNG, I would buy it anyway. And a six pack would be great but there would be an issue of who would be included since there are more than six main characters. It would always feel incomplete sadly, like the Pop line missing Dr. Crusher and Wesley.

Well if you're going to throw COUNTING at this....then I guess they'll just have to give us that 12-pack we've been discussing for multiple other lines! lol

Works for me!

Me too! Of course, I'm biased - I've been wanting 12 packs of sodas for awhile now! It's Funko's fault though - if they are going to give us something as obvious as soda, we're going to take the variations and run with them!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:35 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

I certainly hope so! Seems like they announced the Christmas pops awfully early this year, but I'm hoping that's not it for reveals!
Image ImageImage Image

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:53 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Imagery wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:With the Nightmare Before Christmas Tear-Away clown being so popular, we will for sure see some more Disney action! I hope for old school looks for modern characters we know like Goofy and Donald. But also some old classics like Oswald, Horace Horsecaller and Clarabelle Cow.

This discussion made me think of how well-suited Ichabod Crane would be to this line and how good of a Funkoween release it would make

Mmmmmmm, some spooky sodas would be really awesome!!! Maybe Halloween time would be a good time for some Funko originals to be sodas. Like Bone Daddy and Sike-o-Shriner or Wolfgang or maybe even Karl (even though I want a POP of him first). Yeah Ichabod Crane would be a great soda as well but the Headless Horseman would be AMAZING with a GLOW CHASE! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was thinking that too, but didn't think the horse would fit in the can lol. I guess he could be unmounted. Alternatively, the Headless Horseman chase could include a glow pumpkin head. But I think once they start doing the originals in Sodas, we'll be in real trouble. She'd look great as a Soda, but still waiting for that Sindee Pop too
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:34 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
GLOW CHASE!!!!! It looks amazing! The Blue parts of Leo glow. It glows great in person

AWESOME...Congrats! I'm hoping to luck out with the chase too.

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:39 pm

C'mon Ramones sodas! ...i can only hope
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:33 pm

For a minute I thought those Office Mystery Minis were Soda
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:08 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I certainly hope so! Seems like they announced the Christmas pops awfully early this year, but I'm hoping that's not it for reveals!

Did seem early this year, but what hasn't been off for this year. lol I'm sure there is more when it gets closer, like santa freedy hollywood, hah.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:23 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Did seem early this year, but what hasn't been off for this year. lol I'm sure there is more when it gets closer, like santa freedy hollywood, hah.

I think Santa Hollywood Freddy is just Tourist Freddy with a beard!

This reminds me though - didn't we think there were going to be a zillion Freddy sodas coming our way after that first drop? Where's my Coca Cola soda Freddy???
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:38 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

This reminds me though - didn't we think there were going to be a zillion Freddy sodas coming our way after that first drop? Where's my Coca Cola soda Freddy???

Tourist freddy with a beard haha, I wonder if had more freddy sodas for this year but pushed them back?
ImageImageImageImage

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:53 am

digithor wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:
digithor wrote:
Some of those TNG characters would be neat to see as special con exclusives, especially if the actors were part of that con.

Would have to see a design first, curious how Star Trek would look as a Soda figure. If done I'd want to see Wesley Crusher but not smiling lol, could be a chase. Just imagining a Picard Soda saying "Shut up Wesley."

Soon as you mentioned chase, I instantly thought of Riker with no beard as a chase.

Lol would totally be down for a Riker with beard and no beard chase. Thinking of chases I think Guinan would be awesome for a regular blue/purple version and chase with a different color outfit.

Rothkolion

Postby Rothkolion » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:52 pm

Sonic77 wrote:
digithor wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:
Would have to see a design first, curious how Star Trek would look as a Soda figure. If done I'd want to see Wesley Crusher but not smiling lol, could be a chase. Just imagining a Picard Soda saying "Shut up Wesley."

Soon as you mentioned chase, I instantly thought of Riker with no beard as a chase.

Lol would totally be down for a Riker with beard and no beard chase. Thinking of chases I think Guinan would be awesome for a regular blue/purple version and chase with a different color outfit.

I was thinking (hoping) for a Guinan with an outfit change chase but I didn’t want to jinx it. :-"
HUGE Cartoon fan who has been collecting Funko since 2015. Collect everything Hanna-Barbara including Pops, Pez and Sodas. Also collect Disney, 80’s cartoons and Ad Icons!

Instagram & Twitter: @Rothkolion

Funko Wishlist: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... w=wishlist

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:23 pm

Rothkolion wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:
digithor wrote:

I was thinking (hoping) for a Guinan with an outfit change chase but I didn’t want to jinx it. :-"

She's had a good amount of colored outfits for them to pick from.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:44 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Tourist freddy with a beard haha, I wonder if had more freddy sodas for this year but pushed them back?

It's Hollywood, pretty much anything goes!

I hope they didn't get pushed back! I'm going to hold out hope that we haven't seen any because they are, in fact, planning our 24 days of Christmas soda advent pack!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:48 am

Sonic77 wrote:
digithor wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

Guinan! lol how are they going to get her hat in the soda can???
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:16 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I hope they didn't get pushed back! I'm going to hold out hope that we haven't seen any because they are, in fact, planning our 24 days of Christmas soda advent pack!

Soda advent pack, I like that idea.
ImageImageImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:10 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

This could be expensive but fun :) . I like the idea
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:19 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:I think Santa Hollywood Freddy is just Tourist Freddy with a beard!

Haha, this would be great! May actually be the first time I consistently open each day instead of having to catch up every few days lol
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:32 pm

Katers wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:
digithor wrote:

Lol If you request it enough they'll make it, regardless of dimensions.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:13 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:Tourist freddy with a beard haha, I wonder if had more freddy sodas for this year but pushed them back?

Haha, this would be great! May actually be the first time I consistently open each day instead of having to catch up every few days lol

Speaking of opening every day, I forgot all about the chocolate one I had last christmas. Ended up finding it around april-ish. lol
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:16 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

I'm really hoping for this either in addition to or in place of the usual cyber-Monday bundle!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:21 am

willy wonka wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

This could be expensive but fun :) . I like the idea

Yeah, but we usually spend a decent amount around the holidays on Funko stuff - why not this? \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:24 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I'm really hoping for this either in addition to or in place of the usual cyber-Monday bundle!

That's true, I was all in for the cyber bundle last year so I'd probably be all in this year for a soda advent. That is what might draw me in fully to the soda brand.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:26 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:Tourist freddy with a beard haha, I wonder if had more freddy sodas for this year but pushed them back?

I really think the size of it would keep it at the forefront of our minds, so we wouldn't forget about it for days at a time!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:33 am

Sonic77 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

Lol If you request it enough they'll make it, regardless of dimensions.

I mean, we floated the idea of using an Arizona sized can, so I feel like they can work around it no matter what!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:37 am

digithor wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:It's Hollywood, pretty much anything goes!

Speaking of opening every day, I forgot all about the chocolate one I had last christmas. Ended up finding it around april-ish. lol

That's really sad! Was it still good?

Alternatively though - I'd be totally down with a Funko chocolate advent calendar, too! But that's a topic for another thread! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:39 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

That's true, I was all in for the cyber bundle last year so I'd probably be all in this year for a soda advent. That is what might draw me in fully to the soda brand.

And this might be the thing that draws me into the cyber bundle! lol
Image ImageImage Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:02 am

i'm still hoping to see more freddy soda variants. :freddy1:

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:10 am

Getting my first Leonardo in today - fingers crossed for a Chase! :smt117
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:56 pm

digithor wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:It's Hollywood, pretty much anything goes!

Haha, awe that's terrible. We actually stopped buying the chocolate ones and started buying a gummy calendar instead. Different types of gummies each day is so much more exciting

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:41 pm

mongoose12 wrote:i'm still hoping to see more freddy soda variants. :freddy1:

:freddy2: Yes, I'd also love to see more Freddy soda :)

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:25 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Imagery wrote:Haha, this would be great! May actually be the first time I consistently open each day instead of having to catch up every few days lol

Alternatively though - I'd be totally down with a Funko chocolate advent calendar, too! But that's a topic for another thread! lol

Didn't want to try it and find out, as much as it was my favorite brand.

So we have two already for the soda advent. lol
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:35 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:Getting my first Leonardo in today - fingers crossed for a Chase! :smt117

Hope there's some great news in a later post!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:39 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Didn't want to try it and find out, as much as it was my favorite brand.

So we have two already for the soda advent. lol

Ugh, I hurt on your behalf!

I think we probably have more! Hopefully we get to find out!
Image ImageImage Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:46 am

Boymom4 wrote:

the freddy soda design is very easy on the eyes...he displays wonderfully..i'd love to see him glow! :D

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:40 am

Broke down today and ordered my first Soda - Chilly Willy. Guess I couldn't hold out forever lol
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:42 am

mongoose12 wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

the freddy soda design is very easy on the eyes...he displays wonderfully..i'd love to see him glow! :D

Freddy and glow, you can count me in. I'm like you I'd really love to see this happen.

Return to “Soda”