Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Mr Yac

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:40 pm

Optimistic wrote:The only reason I'm not going in as much as I would with these is I'm still reeling from the Dorbz line ending and am not getting so into another one again if they just die that unceremoniously. I feel one day these are just going to die too

it does suck when a line you love gets cut off, i enjoyed dorbz but didn't really get into buying them. Mystery Minis were my first real funko love, so seeing them get slowed down so much has sucked, but fortunately for me (or unfortunately depending on who you ask lol ) Soda have taken over. they have the look and more detailed style of mins but with far less of the annoying mysteryness around them lol

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:15 pm

Optimistic wrote: I feel one day these are just going to die too

lol This comment struck me as funny given your user name. :) I feel you on the Dorbz line though, I really hope Soda will continue. I think the nature of them being limited in size (with stated LE) with a decent chance at a chase with each purchase will help set it apart a bit from the Dorbz line. I also think the packaging is so much better.
Poppin'

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:18 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Optimistic wrote:The only reason I'm not going in as much as I would with these is I'm still reeling from the Dorbz line ending and am not getting so into another one again if they just die that unceremoniously. I feel one day these are just going to die too

it does suck when a line you love gets cut off, i enjoyed dorbz but didn't really get into buying them. Mystery Minis were my first real funko love, so seeing them get slowed down so much has sucked, but fortunately for me (or unfortunately depending on who you ask lol ) Soda have taken over. they have the look and more detailed style of mins but with far less of the annoying mysteryness around them lol

I agree on the Mystery Mini thoughts, I liked them but didn't like getting so many dupes or having to hunt down different store exclusives. While you can get dupes with Sodas, it will at least be of a character you want instead of how it is with Mystery Minis where you might get repeated dupes of characters you don't like.
Poppin'

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:21 pm

theraven00 wrote:I agree on the Mystery Mini thoughts, I liked them but didn't like getting so many dupes or having to hunt down different store exclusives. While you can get dupes with Sodas, it will at least be of a character you want instead of how it is with Mystery Minis where you might get repeated dupes of characters you don't like.

sadly they got so heavy with the 1:6 the last few years it made not getting dupes nearly impossible. which, as you said if you are chase hunting of course you'll get some soda dupes, but at least you know exactly who you are getting.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:51 pm

[quote="FireEmblemZack"]Image
Another Funko Fair tease...This one is a soda.... IS THAT THE WEREWOLF FROM SCOOBY DOO???????? AS A SODA!!!!!
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
I. AM. HYYYYYYYYYYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote

I thought so when I saw the teaser. lol I mean who else can it be???? lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:59 pm

lavery01 wrote:I thought so when I saw the teaser. lol I mean who else can it be???? lol

first thing i thought of was the Creeper, but the hair isn't quite right, so i think you guys are right with the Wolfman.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:42 pm

theraven00 wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:AWESOME! It is crazy to see that Snake/ Duck Dodgers wave starting to appear already. The sculpts are so good. I am still waiting on my Clarabelle/Muttley/Dastardly wave. I chose the wrong place to preorder from #-o #-o #-o

I know, right! I have all these preorders, then they show up on Funko Shop.

Same, just bought a few Rocksteady yesterday from Funko's shop because my other pre-order is still waiting. Probably didn't help that I bought a few different pre-order Sodas from an online shop so have to wait until they all get in before getting shipped. The lure is free shipping has its downside.lol

Agreed lol lol lol Pre-orders left and right, then still purchase it from the shop. lol lol lol
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:49 pm

lavery01 wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Image
Another Funko Fair tease...This one is a soda.... IS THAT THE WEREWOLF FROM SCOOBY DOO???????? AS A SODA!!!!!
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Scooby-Doo villains [-o< [-o< [-o< If true, I hope all the pop villains are released.
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:43 am

Hrmm that's an interesting idea with the tease of a soda, could be a nice glow but that might look a little metallic.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:44 am

lavery01 wrote:
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Scooby-Doo villains [-o< [-o< [-o< If true, I hope all the pop villains are released.

That totally looks like the Werewolf from Scooby Doo!! That would be an awesome soda!!!!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

mactds

Postby mactds » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:44 pm

I wonder if the werewolf from Scooby means we'll get a whole Scooby line of Sodas?
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:00 pm

mactds wrote:I wonder if the werewolf from Scooby means we'll get a whole Scooby line of Sodas?

i honestly don't think there is any other way to interpret it then a Scooby line is coming.

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:34 pm

theraven00 wrote: lol This comment struck me as funny given your user name. :) I feel you on the Dorbz line though, I really hope Soda will continue. I think the nature of them being limited in size (with stated LE) with a decent chance at a chase with each purchase will help set it apart a bit from the Dorbz line. I also think the packaging is so much better.

I surely do hope they learned about the niche lines enough to keep the line going
Will it last a decade? Probably not, but hopefully enough that actual essentials will get in this time
Like I'm not getting over that Donald Duck didn't get a Dorbz when it was so obvious
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:39 pm

mactds wrote:I wonder if the werewolf from Scooby means we'll get a whole Scooby line of Sodas?

I surely hope so :)

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:49 pm

100%, pretty much every line Funko made has included Scooby Doo
Question is how many do they release at once, or will it be spread out over months like other lines are doing for Soda?
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:17 pm

Optimistic wrote:I surely do hope they learned about the niche lines enough to keep the line going
Will it last a decade? Probably not, but hopefully enough that actual essentials will get in this time
Like I'm not getting over that Donald Duck didn't get a Dorbz when it was so obvious

my concern for Soda is the ever increasing edition sizes, this line isn't going to make it long-term if we keep seeing Soda in the 20-30.000+ ranges.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:18 pm

Optimistic wrote:

Question is how many do they release at once, or will it be spread out over months like other lines are doing for Soda?

I think I'd prefer spreading it out. Like the TMNT. It makes it more fun and builds anticapation. Like completing a puzzle!
But what kinds of chases could there be? Scoob and Shaggy with food? Velma without glasses? Not sure about Fred and Daphne
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:55 pm

theraven00 wrote:
Katers wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I know, right! I have all these preorders, then they show up on Funko Shop.

At least you're sticking with the online stuff. I have preorders that haven't come in yet, and I keep buying sodas from Hollywood! All commons this round, but still happy to add Flash and Stay Puft to my soda collection! Now if I can just get my hands on that Freddie Mercury chase - 4 so far, no luck! ](*,)

Just FYI, Hollywood had a good variety of sodas on Friday - Batgirl, Superman, Flash, Stay Puft, KISS, Secret Squirrel, Freddie Mercury, Roger Rabbit.

Is there always a long wait to get into the Hollywood store, or just certain days and times (e.g. opening)?

It totally depends on the day, to be honest. Was there a drop that day? Is there something new going on? I've had a few times where I just walked right in, usually in that last hour before closing. And I've had days where I get there early to stand in line and be in the first wave of visitors. And I've had days where I didn't get there early ENOUGH, and been pretty far back in line. The line was decent for a bit with the PopPeople! launch, but I think it's calming down a bit finally. Weekdays are definitely better than the weekends. When I went on Friday, the line never got to the corner before opening, and it still wasn't there when I left. Definitely progress!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:23 am

I really hope it IS the werewolf at this point, I feel like people are going to be so disappointed if it's not! But then...what if it's someone we haven't thought of that's amazing?? \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:24 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Optimistic wrote:

I think I'd prefer spreading it out. Like the TMNT. It makes it more fun and builds anticapation. Like completing a puzzle!
But what kinds of chases could there be? Scoob and Shaggy with food? Velma without glasses? Not sure about Fred and Daphne

Flocked Scoob (and Shaggy! lol ), color variants of Fred, Daphne and Velma?
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:18 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Optimistic wrote:I surely do hope they learned about the niche lines enough to keep the line going

my concern for Soda is the ever increasing edition sizes, this line isn't going to make it long-term if we keep seeing Soda in the 20-30.000+ ranges.

I can see how that could start to ....water down.... the line. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:51 am

Mr Yac wrote:

I think 20,000+ is okay for certain characters, but would agree that it wouldn't be great to make it the norm until the line grows in popularity. I know for Pop!s there are quite often more than 20,000 produced, but of course Pop! is still a much more popular line. Even then, it depends on the character for popularity. Look at Ken Griffey Jr. (20,000 given away) the PPG value on it is extremely high given its production size, but other MLB players are much lower in value.

Another thing to consider is that 20,000 isn't really 20,000 when you factor in chases. Not a huge difference, but still.
Poppin'

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:31 am

lavery01 wrote:
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

100% agree, werewolf was confirmed so i really do hope its JUST THE BEGINNING! :cheers:

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:35 am

WOW the FUN TV reveals were AMAZING!!!!!!! Some of the BEST so far! Here is what I can tell from video
-Werewolf from Scooby Doo LE 7500
-Egon from Ghostbusters LE 8000
-Beetlejuice LE 15000
-Rosie the Robot LE 10000
-Quisp LE 10000
-All Might LE 20000
-The Tick LE 10000
-Fearless Leader from Rocky and Bullwinkle LE 8000

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:34 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
WOW the FUN TV reveals were AMAZING!!!!!!! Some of the BEST so far! Here is what I can tell from video
-Beetlejuice LE 15000
-Quisp LE 10000
-All Might LE 20000
-The Tick LE 10000

My theories for chases:
-Werewolf from Scooby Doo w/ GITD
-Egon from Ghostbusters w/ Covered in Slim
-Beetlejuice w/ different attire
-Rosie the Robot w/ Metallic
-Quisp w/ different paint job
-All Might w/ GITD
-The Tick w/ GITD
-Fearless Leader from Rocky and Bullwinkle w/ Metallic
:-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:38 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:-The Tick w/ GITD

you're probably right on the others, but if Tick doesn't get the Mucus Tick treatment i'll be disappointed.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:29 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Sodas for this week. No chase...but there's more orders coming lol [-o< ](*,)

Love the set though. Snake and Secret Squirrel are awesome. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:07 pm

BOOM! Official glams!!!!
Sadly no glow Beetlejuice chase but dang the wedding outfit is still SUPER cool!!!!!!!!!!
And also more GLOW chases!!!!!! Yay!!!

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:09 pm

My guess is Egon and Werewolf will be the hardest to get, based upon their LE size and popularity of both franchises.
Poppin'

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:11 pm

BOOM! Official glams!!!!
Sadly no glow Beetlejuice chase but dang the wedding outfit is still SUPER cool!!!!!!!!!!

I kind of prefer the non-gitd chases, or at least the gitd where you can tell they're unique (e.g. Stay Puft) without putting them under UV.
Poppin'

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:32 pm

theraven00 wrote:
BOOM! Official glams!!!!

I kind of prefer the non-gitd chases, or at least the gitd where you can tell they're unique (e.g. Stay Puft) without putting them under UV.

Where is everyone pre-ordering from? I see Entertainment Earth is already sold out of Warewolf ...
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:50 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Where is everyone pre-ordering from? I see Entertainment Earth is already sold out of Warewolf ...

EE tends to sell out fast, i like BigBadToyStore because the pile of loot you can order stuff at different times and not have to pay separate shipping on them. i also heard about MonthlyPops.com recently and i have a few Soda on preorder with them, haven't gotten anything yet though so can't speak to their quality just yet.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:52 pm

BOOM! Official glams!!!!

Really hyped for these! Bummed about not having a glow Beetlejuice but overall super impressed :)

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:14 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Really hyped for these! Bummed about not having a glow Beetlejuice but overall super impressed :)

you crazy kids and your glow. lol i hope we get to see the chases for the other revealed ones soon.

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:41 pm

BOOM! Official glams!!!!

Love that werewolf glow. Gonna have to pick that up, hopefully we see more scooby doo releases later.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:13 pm

BOOM! Official glams!!!!

Yooooooo...3 for 3. Well we knew the 2, but I'm thrilled about Beetlejuice. That's my favorite chase so far.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:53 pm

THANK YOU FUNKO! Today's Soda reveals have me so excited. The biggest smile crossed my face when Egon appeared on screen all but confirming we will get the whole gang. I was worried we may just have Stay Puft for a while, but nope! Not only does Egon make me excited for the future, but that Werewolf does too. I can picture all my favorite Scooby Doo monsters in Soda form right now. Spooky Space Kook, Captain Cutler, The Creeper, Snow Ghost, and Phantom Shadow!

Already got an All Might, Werewolf, and Beetlejuice preordered thanks to BoxLunch and that sweet, sweet BoxLunch Lunch Money! Bring on Egon! Wonder what his chase will be? Covered in marshmallow? Slimed? Can't wait!
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:03 pm

popfanboy wrote:THANK YOU FUNKO! Today's Soda reveals have me so excited. The biggest smile crossed my face when Egon appeared on screen all but confirming we will get the whole gang. I was worried we may just have Stay Puft for a while, but nope! Not only does Egon make me excited for the future, but that Werewolf does too. I can picture all my favorite Scooby Doo monsters in Soda form right now. Spooky Space Kook, Captain Cutler, The Creeper, Snow Ghost, and Phantom Shadow!

Already got an All Might, Werewolf, and Beetlejuice preordered thanks to BoxLunch and that sweet, sweet BoxLunch Lunch Money! Bring on Egon! Wonder what his chase will be? Covered in marshmallow? Slimed? Can't wait!

I agree Tanner, today was an amazing day for sodas. Opening new doors really brings a smile to my face. The Scooby and Jetsons sodas will truly be amazing. Plus they both have a core group of characters that we can get over time. I like the slower releases for sodas.
I think marshmallow Egon would be great or some kind of glow slime.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:42 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:I agree Tanner, today was an amazing day for sodas. Opening new doors really brings a smile to my face. The Scooby and Jetsons sodas will truly be amazing. Plus they both have a core group of characters that we can get over time. I like the slower releases for sodas.
I think marshmallow Egon would be great or some kind of glow slime.

i really hope we can finally get an Orbity, have always been disappointed we never got him as a Pop. as for Egon, it'd never happen but imagine if the boys all got Real Ghostbusters inspired chases.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:54 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
-Beetlejuice LE 15000
-Quisp LE 10000
-All Might LE 20000
-The Tick LE 10000

Yeah the reveals were awesome. I want Werewolf, Rosie, Quisp, and All Might! lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Return to “Soda”