Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
digithor

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby digithor » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:23 am

Tynett wrote:Was so excited grabbed three Batgirls just in case and two where chase and one was common so that was a cool surprise!

That's some nice surprises you had on those.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:59 am

Katers wrote:The best thing for me about this wave is that Marvel is starting up! That being said, I wish they'd kicked it off with my 2 favorites! But I know Cap and Iron Man will be coming along soon enough - so it's just as well that I'll be saving money on this wave so I can spend it on the next!

Funko is starting off with some offbeat ones. The Disney line properly kicked off with... Clarabelle Cow, who hasn't even gotten a Pop yet.
Those will come with time, there will probably be one or two Marvel figures per wave now (which seems to be once a month). And it won't stop for awhile once they get going
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:58 am

Tynett wrote:Was so excited grabbed three Batgirls just in case and two where chase and one was common so that was a cool surprise!

That's awesome and some serious funko soda luck you had there...Congrats :)

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:35 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I will just call it my new security system and put up signs Snake is watching you.

Lol people would be so confused, is it a live snake? A dog named snake? Mispelled Snape? Then its just 5k small vinyls with their eyes gauged out and lit up red. I mean I am only one opinion but I wouldnt mess with your stuff....

Did we ever figure our what the LE size was for Snake?

In the Fun TV reveal his can was sideways and I havent seen anything else. Most of the numbers were mid/low though..
Image Image ImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:37 pm

NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I will just call it my new security system and put up signs Snake is watching you.

Lol people would be so confused, is it a live snake? A dog named snake? Mispelled Snape? Then its just 5k small vinyls with their eyes gauged out and lit up red. I mean I am only one opinion but I wouldnt mess with your stuff....

Now if I can get snape to guard my house that's a whole different ball game.

True, he has loose morals so pretty sure if he was on your side he would do just about anything you asked lol
Image Image ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:28 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Lol people would be so confused, is it a live snake? A dog named snake? Mispelled Snape? Then its just 5k small vinyls with their eyes gauged out and lit up red. I mean I am only one opinion but I wouldnt mess with your stuff....

True, he has loose morals so pretty sure if he was on your side he would do just about anything you asked lol

I just have to smile, be nice, and then ask.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:41 pm

NCDS wrote:I am very excited for Snake! I couldn't see the LE on the side but I hope it's high so we can all get him.

I'm excited for Snake on behalf of my friend that missed the pop! We will succeed with the soda!! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:54 am

I love this line, don't get lucky to get many exclusives but I have been 2 for 2 in getting the chase last two times!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:49 am

Optimistic wrote:
Katers wrote:The best thing for me about this wave is that Marvel is starting up! That being said, I wish they'd kicked it off with my 2 favorites! But I know Cap and Iron Man will be coming along soon enough - so it's just as well that I'll be saving money on this wave so I can spend it on the next!

Funko is starting off with some offbeat ones. The Disney line properly kicked off with... Clarabelle Cow, who hasn't even gotten a Pop yet.
Those will come with time, there will probably be one or two Marvel figures per wave now (which seems to be once a month). And it won't stop for awhile once they get going

Generally I'm totally fine with offbeat - it keeps it interesting! I am totally on board with the next round of Marvel sodas hitting in January or February, that should give my budget some time to recover from December! And since there is no shortage of potential Marvel characters coming our way, I better start saving now! Now I just need to work on coming up with a really cool way to display them - my current setup is not cool enough for a Marvel display! :-k
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:00 am

supertoygiant wrote:I love this line, don't get lucky to get many exclusives but I have been 2 for 2 in getting the chase last two times!

That's pretty good, I have been "ok" for just getting an exclusive that I was looking for. lol
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:04 am

Katers wrote:
Optimistic wrote:

Generally I'm totally fine with offbeat - it keeps it interesting! I am totally on board with the next round of Marvel sodas hitting in January or February, that should give my budget some time to recover from December! And since there is no shortage of potential Marvel characters coming our way, I better start saving now! Now I just need to work on coming up with a really cool way to display them - my current setup is not cool enough for a Marvel display! :-k

Ooh ... I can't wait until you show us photos of when it IS cool enough! :bounce:
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:54 pm

mongoose12 wrote:i wonder if the daffy chase will glow...i'm love the green color thats for sure

Glow seems like the logically option, metallic being the second.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:28 pm

I know! Seeing Thanos right out of the gate gives me VYNL flashbacks. I like seeing that Soda looks to have some momentum behind it, so I have hope for more Marvel very soon. I don't want to see another VYNL situation where we get a few Marvel releases but never Iron Man, Cap, Thor & Spidey!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:40 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:i wonder if the daffy chase will glow...i'm love the green color thats for sure

Usually the soda chases are only 1 type of chase, since it's a color swap, I doubt it's something else too

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:51 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Usually the soda chases are only 1 type of chase, since it's a color swap, I doubt it's something else too

Right, that I know. I am just throwing ideas out there on what the chase could be for Duck Dodgers.

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:15 pm

NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:

He does have a soft spot for the ladies. Gets him in trouble a lot. (500th forum post woooooooo!!!)
Image Image ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:10 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:True, he has loose morals so pretty sure if he was on your side he would do just about anything you asked lol

He does have a soft spot for the ladies. Gets him in trouble a lot. (500th forum post woooooooo!!!)

Nooooo when I looked you were at 501. Though that could mean you joined the 501st legion. If you choose to reply to this you have to leave the legion and live your life in shame.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:21 pm

NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Nooooo when I looked you were at 501. Though that could mean you joined the 501st legion. If you choose to reply to this you have to leave the legion and live your life in shame.

I made another post shortly after this, but I swear on the honor of my 501st post that this was in fact my 500th post at the time...
Image Image ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:11 pm

mohawkjones wrote:

I don't think either option is a losing one.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:24 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:He does have a soft spot for the ladies. Gets him in trouble a lot. (500th forum post woooooooo!!!)

I made another post shortly after this, but I swear on the honor of my 501st post that this was in fact my 500th post at the time...

Your time in the 501st legion was short-lived. Probably best you are a bit short for a storm trooper.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:27 pm

NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Your time in the 501st legion was short-lived. Probably best you are a bit short for a storm trooper.

Im way too short but my aim os horrible so that should count for something.
Image Image ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:30 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:I made another post shortly after this, but I swear on the honor of my 501st post that this was in fact my 500th post at the time...

Im way too short but my aim os horrible so that should count for something.

I guess as long as you solemnly promise never to actually hit your target it would be okay.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:47 am

mohawkjones wrote:

Glow would be my guess also.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:20 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
Optimistic wrote:

Ooh ... I can't wait until you show us photos of when it IS cool enough! :bounce:

lol I can't wait until I have enough Marvel sodas to come up with a great photo! Maybe a few months from now. I'll start pondering what I want to do in the meantime!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 am

mohawkjones wrote:

I know! Seeing Thanos right out of the gate gives me VYNL flashbacks. I like seeing that Soda looks to have some momentum behind it, so I have hope for more Marvel very soon. I don't want to see another VYNL situation where we get a few Marvel releases but never Iron Man, Cap, Thor & Spidey!

I never got into the VYNL, but that sounds incredibly frustrating! Sodas seem to be zooming right along though, and these frequent drops are spaced just enough to get a nice collection going relatively soon! I'm hoping that I'll have my first 2 Marvel sodas by my birthday in April!

Your list of who you didn't get got me thinking - for Spidey, I want the chase to be upside down somehow! Dream big! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:37 am

NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Do you get to be shame-free if you hit a multiple of 501? Shame and I parted ways awhile ago, so I'm not sure of the rules anymore! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:04 am

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:He does have a soft spot for the ladies. Gets him in trouble a lot. (500th forum post woooooooo!!!)

Do you get to be shame-free if you hit a multiple of 501? Shame and I parted ways awhile ago, so I'm not sure of the rules anymore! lol

Pretty sure the rule is that there are no rules lol but then again I too have little to no shame :razz:
Image Image ImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:10 am

Katers wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

I never got into the VYNL, but that sounds incredibly frustrating! Sodas seem to be zooming right along though, and these frequent drops are spaced just enough to get a nice collection going relatively soon! I'm hoping that I'll have my first 2 Marvel sodas by my birthday in April!

Your list of who you didn't get got me thinking - for Spidey, I want the chase to be upside down somehow! Dream big! :cheers:

So many things right. First off high five for the best birthday month lol, also I think they figured out how to release new items now. The limited numbers and spaced out releases got people excited without overwhelming them....seems like at least for the foreseeable future they are here to stay. Also yes to the upside down spidey.... this is a must have.
Image Image ImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:38 pm

WHOA WHOA WHOA, the FUN TV soda are getting glam shots..... and there is more!!!!!! MHA and Marvel???? And a Sonic chase!!!! Snake Plissken LE 10000, hope I can get that chase!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:43 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:WHOA WHOA WHOA, the FUN TV soda are getting glam shots..... and there is more!!!!!! MHA and Marvel???? And a Sonic chase!!!! Snake Plissken LE 10000, hope I can get that chase!

These are so awesome! Can't wait!!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:25 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:WHOA WHOA WHOA, the FUN TV soda are getting glam shots..... and there is more!!!!!! MHA and Marvel???? And a Sonic chase!!!! Snake Plissken LE 10000, hope I can get that chase!
Spoiler: show

That's great to see more detail! Our questions have been answered! :freddy2:
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Woah woah woah! Lol all look glorious, especially that chase flocked Sonic! :cheers:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:48 pm

i'm not gonna lie, extremely disappointed Scareglow doesn't glow in his normal version.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:58 pm

Mr Yac wrote:i'm not gonna lie, extremely disappointed Scareglow doesn't glow in his normal version.

I am holding out hope that it was just a mislabel. I still think the chase only difference is metallic based off the video. You can even see the "shimmer" in the glam
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:12 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:i'm not gonna lie, extremely disappointed Scareglow doesn't glow in his normal version.

I am holding out hope that it was just a mislabel. I still think the chase only difference is metallic based off the video. You can even see the "shimmer" in the glam

Differences in the glams have been known to happen ... look at Oogie Boogie. \:D/
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:13 pm

Plus Ultra!
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:26 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:I am holding out hope that it was just a mislabel. I still think the chase only difference is metallic based off the video. You can even see the "shimmer" in the glam

Differences in the glams have been known to happen ... look at Oogie Boogie. \:D/

hope you guys are right, a Scareglow that doesn't glow is sacrilege!

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:38 pm

Got Leatherface, Rocksteady, and Thanos pre-order at BBTS. Leatherface is the first chase I actually want, but I can't afford to order more than one, so keeping my fingers crossed...

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:49 pm

Guess I’m finally buying my first Sodas because Thanos and Sonic are both must haves. REALLY hoping to score Flocked Sonic one way or another.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:52 pm

mongoose12 wrote:

Woah woah woah! Lol all look glorious, especially that chase flocked Sonic! :cheers:

These are all cool looking. I’m going to get the MOTU and Looney Tunes ones, hope I pull chases for both. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Return to “Soda”