Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
digithor

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby digithor » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:21 am

Those tubes look good for the sodas.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:33 am

CerealSoda wrote:Now that I am currently caught up on releases, I wanted to share my soda displays.

All cereal figures are above my kitchen cabinets. Funko needs to make Captain Crunch to round out the other 2 [-o<

Superheroes are waiting for Superman, Bizarro, Flash & Reverse Fash to join the ranks. Cannot wait to see what they have planned for Marvel :-k

Nice displays, was looking for something for my SODAs. Definitely going to ebay now to pick some up.

CerealSoda

Postby CerealSoda » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:31 pm

Thank you.

digithor wrote:Those tubes look good for the sodas.

CerealSoda

Postby CerealSoda » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:32 pm

Thank you. Glad I could help out with display ideas for others. \:D/

Sonic77 wrote:
CerealSoda wrote:Now that I am currently caught up on releases, I wanted to share my soda displays.

All cereal figures are above my kitchen cabinets. Funko needs to make Captain Crunch to round out the other 2 [-o<

Superheroes are waiting for Superman, Bizarro, Flash & Reverse Fash to join the ranks. Cannot wait to see what they have planned for Marvel :-k

Nice displays, was looking for something for my SODAs. Definitely going to ebay now to pick some up.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:32 pm

NickR2012 wrote:I don't know who fulfills my order at Funko, but please continue!
Twice now I got both common and chase from ordering sodas.
Although this one came with a Jean LaFoote chip... who knows...

Same thing happened to me except I received two commons but one had the jean la foote disc. I emailed Funko about it.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:39 pm

Sonic77 wrote:Lucked out today and pulled the chase of Samurai Jack :), also bought 2 Shredders but both were regular.

Congrats on getting that chase, I really like them both, so cool looking. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:00 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:I don't know who fulfills my order at Funko, but please continue!

Same thing happened to me except I received two commons but one had the jean la foote disc. I emailed Funko about it.

Ah not the only one... Let me know if you have news... They haven't replied yet.
SDCC: 07-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-19-21-22-23
NYCC: 19-22

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:28 pm

Sonic77 wrote:Lucked out today and pulled the chase of Samurai Jack :), also bought 2 Shredders but both were regular.

Spoiler: show

Those look amazing side by side, congrats! Too bad about Shredder, but I feel like Samurai Jack makes up for it a bit? :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:38 pm

I absolutely LOVE your display, great job! I'm torn between thinking those cylinders remind me of a Star Trek transporter, or how the Jetsons travel! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:45 pm

Katers wrote:

Those look amazing side by side, congrats! Too bad about Shredder, but I feel like Samurai Jack makes up for it a bit? :cheers:

Totally agree, if I had to hit 1 I wanted it to be the Samurai Jack instead of Shredder.

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:55 pm

Katers wrote:
I absolutely LOVE your display, great job! I'm torn between thinking those cylinders remind me of a Star Trek transporter, or how the Jetsons travel! lol

I was thinking those cylinder displays would be ideal for the original Spastik Plastiks.
Funklub: 11181

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:13 am

Squird wrote:
Katers wrote:

I was thinking those cylinder displays would be ideal for the original Spastik Plastiks.

Are the original ones that short?
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Squird

Postby Squird » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:43 am

digithor wrote:
Squird wrote:
Katers wrote:

They're not, but if they make one size, someone must make something that fits. I've been thinking about ways to 'upgrade' the original tubes for a while. My first thought was to go to a plastic supplier, order clear tubing, then cut them down. But if I could find a display product that already had a base and a lid...Bonus!
Funklub: 11181

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:11 pm

Both Joker (Jack Nicholson) and Jack Skellington sodas are up on Funko Shop if anyone wanted to order directly from Funko. I grabbed some Jacks, I really like the can art and I also forgot to preorder it lol lol
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:34 pm

Sonic77 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Totally agree, if I had to hit 1 I wanted it to be the Samurai Jack instead of Shredder.

Then definite congrats on a major win! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:37 pm

digithor wrote:
Squird wrote:
Katers wrote:

Was just thinking that / wondering that myself!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:39 pm

Squird wrote:
digithor wrote:
Squird wrote:

They're not, but if they make one size, someone must make something that fits. I've been thinking about ways to 'upgrade' the original tubes for a while. My first thought was to go to a plastic supplier, order clear tubing, then cut them down. But if I could find a display product that already had a base and a lid...Bonus!

It's so much easier when there is a product ready made for what we need, isn't it??
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:27 am

Squird wrote:
digithor wrote:
Squird wrote:

Must be something with a base already out there that would fit them.
ImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:31 am

I'm hoping one day this could lead to a Captain Planet soda one day with the popularity of the soda line. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:20 pm

NickR2012 wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:

Ah not the only one... Let me know if you have news... They haven't replied yet.

Received a reply today. They said they would ship out a new disc but they don't have them right now.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:46 pm

That is nice they are replacing the disk. I just hope that error isnt repeated in the future! it is tricky because of it being sealed, they cant do a final quality check on it

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:54 pm

Good to know, they didn't reply to me at all...

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:46 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:That is nice they are replacing the disk. I just hope that error isnt repeated in the future! it is tricky because of it being sealed, they cant do a final quality check on it

I guess on some they can if those have a different mold to them. But that is a bit tedious and not an exact at times.
ImageImageImageImage

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:25 pm

NickR2012 wrote:
Katers wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
Bought 3, and.... ZERO chase today! Better luck next time.

I had the same luck this weekend - 0 for 3! Batgirl from Hollywood, and Leo and Shredder from EE finally! While it would've been cool for either of my EE orders to be chases, I think I'm okay with it - the common Shredder is SO COOL looking! And I'd only know for Leo if he glowed, so I'm content. I will say - the TMNT sodas? SOLID. It seemed like they were the biggest sodas I've pulled out of the Soda cans so far. Really enjoying them though, so glad I purchased!

Agreed. Shredder is super nice! Really one of the best design/color they did. But still, it's just a great feeling to pull a chase! ;) Maybe they should do the same with pops? Like put them in a box where you don't see them until you open...

Agreed. I think Shredder is the best chase so far. The day glow is just amazing!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:27 pm

Katers wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
Katers wrote:
I had the same luck this weekend - 0 for 3! Batgirl from Hollywood, and Leo and Shredder from EE finally! While it would've been cool for either of my EE orders to be chases, I think I'm okay with it - the common Shredder is SO COOL looking! And I'd only know for Leo if he glowed, so I'm content. I will say - the TMNT sodas? SOLID. It seemed like they were the biggest sodas I've pulled out of the Soda cans so far. Really enjoying them though, so glad I purchased!

Agreed. Shredder is super nice! Really one of the best design/color they did. But still, it's just a great feeling to pull a chase! ;) Maybe they should do the same with pops? Like put them in a box where you don't see them until you open...

Oh, I absolutely love the feeling of pulling the chase! I've started setting the can aside without looking at the pog so it's more of a surprise when I open the can because it's such a good feeling! Hoping to get lucky with some chases with a few other pre-orders, but we'll see. I wouldn't mind blind pops for a chance at a chase - I've only ever found 1 chase in the wild, and it wasn't something I wanted, so that would be a great chance to snag one. Plus, it would MAKE us take the pops out of the boxes! Of course, the counter argument to that is they do have this - the mystery minis! lol

lol lol lol lol
I'm sure we all have our little rituals. Ours is to rip of the lid, then while the bag is still in the can, try to push the bag to the side to see the pog. If we can't see it right away, we slowly pull the bag out while trying to sneak a peak at the pog ... lol. :cheers:
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:31 pm

Sonic77 wrote:
Gothamite wrote:How about a mix & match? :)

Very nice, I like it. Also would have to think about adding Bamm-Bamm, Pebbles, and Dino.

Yep ... I'd love to see the whole gang. But don't forget the Great Gazoo and Mr. Slate!
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:36 pm

Awesome Display! Those tubes make the figures seem like museum artifacts! :cheers:
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:41 pm

Is it just me? or was Batgirl unexpectedly incredibly tiny compared to other sodas? :-k

I get that she's smaller than other characters in the show, but I would have liked them to be a little larger (even though they wouldn't be size accurate to the show). There was a lot of extra space in those cans. #-o

Either way, I love her for what she is :cherry:

Picture snipped from eBay.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:29 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:
Gothamite wrote:How about a mix & match? :)

Very nice, I like it. Also would have to think about adding Bamm-Bamm, Pebbles, and Dino.

Yep ... I'd love to see the whole gang. But don't forget the Great Gazoo and Mr. Slate!

love the mr slate idea! he'd make for a fun soda figure :)

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:30 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:Is it just me? or was Batgirl unexpectedly incredibly tiny compared to other sodas? :-k

I get that she's smaller than other characters in the show, but I would have liked them to be a little larger (even though they wouldn't be size accurate to the show). There was a lot of extra space in those cans. #-o

Either way, I love her for what she is :cherry:

Picture snipped from eBay.

first time i see a side by side...shes definitely smaller than that joker

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:51 pm

Since we have soda cans, I have a funny idea. How about we have XL Soda figures in a 2 Liter bottle lol
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:29 pm

rontonsoup wrote:Since we have soda cans, I have a funny idea. How about we have XL Soda figures in a 2 Liter bottle lol

I can absolutely see this happening... But on a limited basis and for select figures.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:27 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Agreed. I think Shredder is the best chase so far. The day glow is just amazing!

Well now you're making me want to take my chances and try with another Shredder! Maybe I'll get sucked in if I head up to Hollywood this weekend - we'll see what happens!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:35 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:

Oh, I absolutely love the feeling of pulling the chase! I've started setting the can aside without looking at the pog so it's more of a surprise when I open the can because it's such a good feeling! Hoping to get lucky with some chases with a few other pre-orders, but we'll see. I wouldn't mind blind pops for a chance at a chase - I've only ever found 1 chase in the wild, and it wasn't something I wanted, so that would be a great chance to snag one. Plus, it would MAKE us take the pops out of the boxes! Of course, the counter argument to that is they do have this - the mystery minis! lol

lol lol lol lol
I'm sure we all have our little rituals. Ours is to rip of the lid, then while the bag is still in the can, try to push the bag to the side to see the pog. If we can't see it right away, we slowly pull the bag out while trying to sneak a peak at the pog ... lol. :cheers:

I totally started off my soda journey looking at the pog first! But I've evolved over time to my current method - it was just so much fun to be surprised when I opened the bag! Of course, it's significantly more fun to open the bag and have it be a CHASE....! Glad to hear though that I'm not the only one with a fun little ritual! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:59 am

rontonsoup wrote:Since we have soda cans, I have a funny idea. How about we have XL Soda figures in a 2 Liter bottle lol

Oh geez, taking out more room there. I don't think we would see that anytime soon though.
ImageImageImageImage

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:43 am

digithor wrote:

Oh geez, taking out more room there. I don't think we would see that anytime soon though.

I think it would sell if they continue to keep it limited with small runs and chases. Hopefully they don’t increase the run size.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:26 pm

I always check the pog. And it's a great feeling when it's a dark one, usually a chase!

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:30 pm

rontonsoup wrote:
digithor wrote:

I think it would sell if they continue to keep it limited with small runs and chases. Hopefully they don’t increase the run size.

If it was a small enough run then I wouldn't really doubt it would sell out.
ImageImageImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:21 pm

Rhode Island Pennywise Soda is available on Toy Vault's website!!!! You can buy one single or a bundle of 2

https://www.thetoyvault.com/

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:42 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Rhode Island Pennywise Soda is available on Toy Vault's website!!!! You can buy one single or a bundle of 2

https://www.thetoyvault.com/

Thanks for the reminder ... and good luck to everyone! [-o<
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

Return to “Soda”