Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Ratattack

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby Ratattack » Sat May 23, 2020 3:52 am

NickR2012 wrote:And with a 20K... that means like 4K chases?

I think it should be close to that.

If the ratio is maintained at 1:6, then there should be about 3333. I'm sure they'll round it to 3400.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat May 23, 2020 3:52 am

RobinBear177 wrote:Should be 3200 if they go by the 10,000 piece count

Good point. I suppose they can also round down. :-k

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat May 23, 2020 3:55 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Space is always an issue, but I really appreciate the size of the Soda line, since they don't take up a lot of space ....well, so far! I also like that it's been pretty varied, so I don't feel the need to get them all. Just the fun ones right now!

If they make a Jubilee, I'd get that in a heart beat though. :freddy2:

It will not surprise me in the least, as they keep expanding the sodas, for them to go down the X-men path. And I can't wait to see it happen (and purchase them)!

I'd also get Mystique. Let's just hope these aren't too far from becoming a reality. [-o<

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Sat May 23, 2020 7:20 pm

Ratattack wrote:

If the ratio is maintained at 1:6, then there should be about 3333. I'm sure they'll round it to 3400.

Either way still a crazy amount for regular and chase for the Pennywise. I personally like that regular more which I'll have to pick up to match my Pennywise Pop.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sun May 24, 2020 12:24 am

Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
I’d like to see something where you can display the can and the OOC (out of can) figure at the same time \:D/

Did you not see my post of how I displayed my Robins? :O

I did and I liked it very much, but I was hoping for something a little more compact and perhaps stackable? #-o

It stacks LOL
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sun May 24, 2020 12:24 am

Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
So no luck with the ones that arrived on the 20th?

Don't have them in hand yet!

Oof! Those are surely taking their sweet time to arrive.
Maybe, you'll end up with two chases lol :alien:

Friend is doing me dirty right now making me wait!
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 24, 2020 1:21 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:Surprised the Instagram people are reacting negatively. They don't like the 20k piece count but I am fine with that. Super popular character and from what we have seen since the beginning, the soda line sells really quick especially online. And now preorders are sold out for Hot Topic and Box Lunch which shows demand. Lots of collectors buy them in lots in order to do a big chase roulette

There's no pleasing people - if it was a low piece count, everyone would be complaining that it's going to sell out in 2.5 seconds and it's just going to drive up the prices on the secondary market. With something this popular, it seems like a smart idea to make a big batch. I'm very interested in seeing what the common/chase ratio is though! Then we'll get the second batch of complaints!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 24, 2020 1:30 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
If they make a Jubilee, I'd get that in a heart beat though. :freddy2:

It will not surprise me in the least, as they keep expanding the sodas, for them to go down the X-men path. And I can't wait to see it happen (and purchase them)!

I'd also get Mystique. Let's just hope these aren't too far from becoming a reality. [-o<

The way it's gone lately with X-men, I'd expect Rogue and Gambit first, especially since this seems to be their year! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 24, 2020 1:32 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Making ALL OF US wait! Don't they understand that we're all in on this at this point? lol
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sun May 24, 2020 2:17 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Making ALL OF US wait! Don't they understand that we're all in on this at this point? lol

I gave him so much crap today as I thought he was sending it down with another friend but NOPE!
ImageImageImageImage

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:17 pm

Ratattack wrote:
Nebulus wrote:Ouch that piece count

Thank you for sharing the glams.

And yes. It seems this one is the first one to have such a massive piece count. With a 20K count, there should be somewhere between 3300-3400 chases. #-o

I absolutely love the soda line because it’s a very refreshing change to pops. At this point I don’t mind bigger pieces counts because they seem to be very popular. I just don’t want to see these die out because they are being over produced and aren’t selling well.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Minyinz610 wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

And yes. It seems this one is the first one to have such a massive piece count. With a 20K count, there should be somewhere between 3300-3400 chases. #-o

I absolutely love the soda line because it’s a very refreshing change to pops. At this point I don’t mind bigger pieces counts because they seem to be very popular. I just don’t want to see these die out because they are being over produced and aren’t selling well.

I agree completely. Love these new sodas, for me the best things they've done since pops. Never cared for Dorbz or the other ones...
And it's true, Pennywise with such a big count... I think they should just NOT put the count on the box when it's such high number, like they do with regular Pops.
SDCC: 07-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-19-21-22-23
NYCC: 19-22

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 25, 2020 1:41 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

I gave him so much crap today as I thought he was sending it down with another friend but NOPE!

lol does he realize he is keeping us BOTH waiting at this point?
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 25, 2020 1:50 am

NickR2012 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I agree completely. Love these new sodas, for me the best things they've done since pops. Never cared for Dorbz or the other ones...
And it's true, Pennywise with such a big count... I think they should just NOT put the count on the box when it's such high number, like they do with regular Pops.

On the flip side though, if they hadn't put the count on this one, would everyone be freaking out about the chase?

Based on how few sodas I've found on store shelves so far (2 total, out of all the stores I regularly go to!), I think the sodas must be doing pretty well? I'm certainly enjoying them so far, and I wasn't expecting to. I'm not collecting all of them, but I also can't wait to see what else comes along.
Image ImageImage Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon May 25, 2020 1:57 am

NickR2012 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I would agree. These overtake the minis for sure as the best things they have created outside the pop line. I am excited to see what more soda lines they come up with.
Collecting since 2014

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon May 25, 2020 2:36 am

Sonic77 wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Either way still a crazy amount for regular and chase for the Pennywise. I personally like that regular more which I'll have to pick up to match my Pennywise Pop.

Totally agree with you! The common looks much better to me. :cheers:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon May 25, 2020 2:38 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Did you not see my post of how I displayed my Robins? :O

I did and I liked it very much, but I was hoping for something a little more compact and perhaps stackable? #-o

It stacks LOL

If so, then I can’t wait to visit the container store lol

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon May 25, 2020 2:40 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Oh, I thought you were expecting them to be delivered to you. For a moment, I thought your package was lost. #-o

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Mon May 25, 2020 2:43 am

Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Oh, I thought you were expecting them to be delivered to you. For a moment, I thought your package was lost. #-o

He was supposed to hand to another friend who was gonna be in the area but didn't, so now he says he'll mail it and now you got me worried about mail now what that you've said that! :(
ImageImageImageImage

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon May 25, 2020 2:45 am

Katers wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Surprised the Instagram people are reacting negatively. They don't like the 20k piece count but I am fine with that. Super popular character and from what we have seen since the beginning, the soda line sells really quick especially online. And now preorders are sold out for Hot Topic and Box Lunch which shows demand. Lots of collectors buy them in lots in order to do a big chase roulette

There's no pleasing people - if it was a low piece count, everyone would be complaining that it's going to sell out in 2.5 seconds and it's just going to drive up the prices on the secondary market. With something this popular, it seems like a smart idea to make a big batch. I'm very interested in seeing what the common/chase ratio is though! Then we'll get the second batch of complaints!

Yup, that’s right. It’s very difficult to please everyone.

This time around, I like the common more than the chase, so I didn’t think I’ll be ordering more than a couple of these.

If they follow the trend, the the ratio should be 1:6 like the other SODAs.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon May 25, 2020 2:46 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

The way it's gone lately with X-men, I'd expect Rogue and Gambit first, especially since this seems to be their year! lol

I’m down with a Gambit SODA. That would look amazing!

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon May 25, 2020 2:47 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Seriously. We’re all emotionally invested in this. lol

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon May 25, 2020 2:50 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Dang, I hope you find the chase. The anticipation is killer at this point.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon May 25, 2020 2:54 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

That’s a very good point. I’d also like to see the SODA line have longevity.

Hopefully, the upcoming con circuit will hold something amazing [-o<

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon May 25, 2020 2:56 am

NickR2012 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Same for me.

The SODA line has become a staple in mu collection, only second to Pops.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon May 25, 2020 3:00 am

Katers wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

On the flip side though, if they hadn't put the count on this one, would everyone be freaking out about the chase?

Based on how few sodas I've found on store shelves so far (2 total, out of all the stores I regularly go to!), I think the sodas must be doing pretty well? I'm certainly enjoying them so far, and I wasn't expecting to. I'm not collecting all of them, but I also can't wait to see what else comes along.

I think everyone would be freaking out. There are so many horror fans out there.

This second wave of SODAs will be a good test.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon May 25, 2020 3:01 am

nascar246788 wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

I would agree. These overtake the minis for sure as the best things they have created outside the pop line. I am excited to see what more soda lines they come up with.

They for sure over take the minis by a landslide. And agains Dorbz, there is no contest.

I’m really hoping for anime soon.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon May 25, 2020 3:03 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

He was supposed to hand to another friend who was gonna be in the area but didn't, so now he says he'll mail it and now you got me worried about mail now what that you've said that! :(

I’m sure it will be fine. It’s a long weekend, so expect a little more delay.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon May 25, 2020 3:04 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

I've given him so much crap about it! Told him I keep doing him favors and that he's treating me like s***!

Oof! The SODA withdrawals are hitting deep.

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Mon May 25, 2020 11:29 am

NickR2012 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Well said :-k :-k :-k
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Mon May 25, 2020 1:37 pm

The sodas seem to be catching on. I'm ecstatic with the amount of HB pieces they've made. The can with vinyl really makes for a good looking display.

Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon May 25, 2020 5:51 pm

Scotty wrote:.
The sodas seem to be catching on. I'm ecstatic with the amount of HB pieces they've made. The can with vinyl really makes for a good looking display.

Spoiler: show

WOW! Awesome Hanna Barbera soda display Scotty! I'm Jealous! Especially with the beautiful Huck colorways. Hope to see more Hanna Barbera sodas in the future! Maybe some with glow variants
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Mon May 25, 2020 6:15 pm

I totally agree. Your collection and the way you present them is great.

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Mon May 25, 2020 9:22 pm

Everyday I wake up without an official reveal of Boo Berry.. I grow a little more sad.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Mon May 25, 2020 11:51 pm

LakerSpartan117 wrote:Everyday I wake up without an official reveal of Boo Berry.. I grow a little more sad.

I understand where you're coming from. Of the monster cereal trio, Boo Berry has to be the most beloved (or really close with Frankenberry). Can't imagine why it would be a licencing issue. Funko does like to do things in multiples of two, but also don't get why Boo Berry is absent in several lines. I didn't buy the CC/FB Vynl set because there was no Boo Berry. If they want to pair Boo Berry up, they should pair him up with himself - a regular version and a glow version (he is a ghost afterall).

Got my fingers crossed for you.
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Tue May 26, 2020 12:18 am

chincoteague1 wrote:

I totally agree. Your collection and the way you present them is great.

Great set! Anything Hanna Barbera I'm all for it!

Someone was making a good point earlier about sodas never available in store. Also been to many usual stores and got lucky once at a Hot Topic (and got a mum ra chase) But even online they seem to sell pretty fast, so I'm sure that line is working well.
On that subject, where do you guys usually buy them? Online? And you buy more than 1 each to get more chances at a chase?
I found eBay to be the best personally for sealed ones.
SDCC: 07-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-19-21-22-23
NYCC: 19-22

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue May 26, 2020 12:55 am

Scotty wrote:
LakerSpartan117 wrote:Everyday I wake up without an official reveal of Boo Berry.. I grow a little more sad.

I understand where you're coming from. Of the monster cereal trio, Boo Berry has to be the most beloved (or really close with Frankenberry). Can't imagine why it would be a licencing issue. Funko does like to do things in multiples of two, but also don't get why Boo Berry is absent in several lines. I didn't buy the CC/FB Vynl set because there was no Boo Berry. If they want to pair Boo Berry up, they should pair him up with himself - a regular version and a glow version (he is a ghost afterall).

Got my fingers crossed for you.

I'm all for that idea!
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 26, 2020 2:10 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

I've given him so much crap about it! Told him I keep doing him favors and that he's treating me like s***!

Well, at least you're doing YOUR part of this! lol Hope it comes quickly in the mail! I feel your pain, a friend is mailing me some Funko stuff this week that was kinda supposed to go out last week...!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 26, 2020 2:11 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yup, that’s right. It’s very difficult to please everyone.

This time around, I like the common more than the chase, so I didn’t think I’ll be ordering more than a couple of these.

If they follow the trend, the the ratio should be 1:6 like the other SODAs.

Pennywise freaks me out, so he will NOT be entering my house! lol But good luck to everyone going for commons, chases and both!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 26, 2020 2:13 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Seriously. We’re all emotionally invested in this. lol

Since I think this is the last Freddy Sodas we'll have someone opening this round, yeah we are! Need to know! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Soda”