Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Katers

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:11 am

theraven00 wrote:Anyone curious about the ratio on the Leonardo? The chase says 1 of 2,000 so it's slightly worse than the 1 in 6 odds of other chases. I know some people were buying a case of 6 to guarantee a chase, but it seems like that may not be a guarantee (although still extremely likely).

If I'm doing the math correctly (which it's quite possible I'm not, I'm tired and it's late!) it looks like 2000 out of 12,500, and 1 out of 6 have the same basic ratio. So I think we're still as well off as we previously were? Which is to say, unless you buy that 6-pack, it's still a complete toss up as to what you get! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:15 am

renardchua wrote:More Sodas!

Spoiler: show

And there went my willpower tonight! I was being pretty good, just ordering one of everything, and taking my chances, but that chase Freddie? NEED! And if I'm going down that slippery slope, I might as well fling myself down it, so I did my original order, and then did a second order for an additional 1 of Freddie and Batgirl. Because at that point, why not? Hoping I get lucky and the odds are in my favor! [-o<
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:21 am

nascar246788 wrote:Jeez michelangelo sold out fast. Two hours and pre-order sold out on EE. ugh

If we can judge him by Leonardo's pattern, he'll be back on and off - I think I've seen Leo pop back up at least 3 times, and I really haven't been looking all that often!

lol or just wait for all the extra commons to hit the market!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:24 am

mactds wrote:That Freddy Mercury! Simply the best!

lol I was waiting for Queen lyrics, and you give us Tina Turner?
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:01 am

These new sodas look nice, I just watched bohemian rhapsody lastnight. Kind of makes me want to try for that freddy murcury chase.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:14 pm

Sonic77 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:Just pre-ordered the Batgirl, Joker and Michelangelo. Love the metallic look on the Joker and Batgirl.

Did you get 2 of each in hopes of the Chase?

2 of each of the Batgirl and Michelangelo. I only ordered 1 Joker since I actually like the base more than the chase.

Cool! Good luck! Hope you get what you're hoping for!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:21 pm

Katers wrote:
theraven00 wrote:Anyone curious about the ratio on the Leonardo? The chase says 1 of 2,000 so it's slightly worse than the 1 in 6 odds of other chases. I know some people were buying a case of 6 to guarantee a chase, but it seems like that may not be a guarantee (although still extremely likely).

If I'm doing the math correctly (which it's quite possible I'm not, I'm tired and it's late!) it looks like 2000 out of 12,500, and 1 out of 6 have the same basic ratio. So I think we're still as well off as we previously were? Which is to say, unless you buy that 6-pack, it's still a complete toss up as to what you get! lol

It's close, but actually a 1 in 6.25 ratio. Again, doesn't make a huge difference since the odds are similar, but just seemed interesting. If they wanted to do 1:6 with similar counts (and round numbers) they could have done 12,600 with 2,100 chases.
Poppin'

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:23 pm

Sonic77 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:Just pre-ordered the Batgirl, Joker and Michelangelo. Love the metallic look on the Joker and Batgirl.

2 of each of the Batgirl and Michelangelo. I only ordered 1 Joker since I actually like the base more than the chase.

At least if you get the chase Joker you should have an easy time selling it and buying the non-chase. :)
Poppin'

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:24 pm

theraven00 wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

At least if you get the chase Joker you should have an easy time selling it and buying the non-chase. :)

#Facts!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:29 pm

theraven00 wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Lol true, one of the few times I don't want the chase. You know it'll happen now.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:37 pm

Keep the Sodas coming. They look great and the excitement of opening them up adds to the appeal.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:42 pm

Sonic77 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

Lol true, one of the few times I don't want the chase. You know it'll happen now.

...but if it does, you should be in good shape!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:43 pm

jagpop wrote:Keep the Sodas coming. They look great and the excitement of opening them up adds to the appeal.

100% agree...I love them; they're a perfect size and I love the fun, quirky smiles on some of them.
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:31 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
jagpop wrote:Keep the Sodas coming. They look great and the excitement of opening them up adds to the appeal.

100% agree...I love them; they're a perfect size and I love the fun, quirky smiles on some of them.

Part of the fun is the gamble on getting a Chase. I try to avoid looking at the pog at the bottom of the can so that I can be surprised when opening the bag...lol

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:01 pm

jagpop wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Part of the fun is the gamble on getting a Chase. I try to avoid looking at the pog at the bottom of the can so that I can be surprised when opening the bag...lol

That's what I do too when I open them...so far, I guess just by coincidence, whenever I did actually get a chase it was the LAST one I opened lol
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:23 pm

i love each of the new releases...i wasn't sold on the freddie mercury at first look, but he's grown on me lol especially the chase! i hope his jacket really sparkles :D

Rothkolion

Postby Rothkolion » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:33 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
jagpop wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

That's what I do too when I open them...so far, I guess just by coincidence, whenever I did actually get a chase it was the LAST one I opened lol

I do the same thing! I cannot wait for the Jean La Foote ones, I ordered three! And one of Freddie. Cannot wait for Woody to come up on the Funko Shop!
HUGE Cartoon fan who has been collecting Funko since 2015. Collect everything Hanna-Barbara including Pops, Pez and Sodas. Also collect Disney, 80’s cartoons and Ad Icons!

Instagram & Twitter: @Rothkolion

Funko Wishlist: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... w=wishlist

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:37 pm

Rothkolion wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
jagpop wrote:Part of the fun is the gamble on getting a Chase. I try to avoid looking at the pog at the bottom of the can so that I can be surprised when opening the bag...lol

I do the same thing! I cannot wait for the Jean La Foote ones, I ordered three! And one of Freddie. Cannot wait for Woody to come up on the Funko Shop!

Woody is that LE3K..good luck if you'll be trying for both, including the chase
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:50 pm

jjb11590 wrote:

Agree as well. I love them all. Will be adding these to my collection. I hope I can score a woody and Chase but that will be the hard part.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Rothkolion

Postby Rothkolion » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:15 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
Rothkolion wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Woody is that LE3K..good luck if you'll be trying for both, including the chase

I doubt I’ll get the chase but thanks for the luck! I have learned long ago not to get bothered about not being able to find a chase or limited edition anything, or even to get something off of the Funko-Shop or chain store. I just try and every now and then I get lucky. Fingers crossed though!
HUGE Cartoon fan who has been collecting Funko since 2015. Collect everything Hanna-Barbara including Pops, Pez and Sodas. Also collect Disney, 80’s cartoons and Ad Icons!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:14 am

theraven00 wrote:
Katers wrote:

It's close, but actually a 1 in 6.25 ratio. Again, doesn't make a huge difference since the odds are similar, but just seemed interesting. If they wanted to do 1:6 with similar counts (and round numbers) they could have done 12,600 with 2,100 chases.

Ah, true. I was getting that .25, but like I said - tired! lol That is a weird ratio, and now I'm left wondering why they did it that way. It's not like they don't control the numbers! This is going to bug me the more I think about it, so I'm going to try to ignore it - at least, until my Leonardo gets here!

Was really hoping they'd have some Turtle sodas at Funko Hollywood today, but I didn't see any. They did have Joker, KISS, and Chilly Willy. I restrained myself from going for them even though I was tempted!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:27 am

willy wonka wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Agree as well. I love them all. Will be adding these to my collection. I hope I can score a woody and Chase but that will be the hard part.

Such a classic character there, I wouldn't mind picking one him up also if I can.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:09 pm

Katers wrote:
theraven00 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Ah, true. I was getting that .25, but like I said - tired! lol That is a weird ratio, and now I'm left wondering why they did it that way. It's not like they don't control the numbers! This is going to bug me the more I think about it, so I'm going to try to ignore it - at least, until my Leonardo gets here!

Was really hoping they'd have some Turtle sodas at Funko Hollywood today, but I didn't see any. They did have Joker, KISS, and Chilly Willy. I restrained myself from going for them even though I was tempted!

Good job resisting, I would have been tempted with Joker. Still waiting for my preorder to ship for Chilly, Leonardo, and Shredder
Poppin'

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:14 am

Where's Emoagogo, he got the chilly chase during his twitch stream the other day!
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:33 am

theraven00 wrote:
Katers wrote:
theraven00 wrote:It's close, but actually a 1 in 6.25 ratio. Again, doesn't make a huge difference since the odds are similar, but just seemed interesting. If they wanted to do 1:6 with similar counts (and round numbers) they could have done 12,600 with 2,100 chases.

Good job resisting, I would have been tempted with Joker. Still waiting for my preorder to ship for Chilly, Leonardo, and Shredder

I probably should have been tempted by the Joker, but I was actually more tempted by Chilly! I think it was the chance of a sparkly pull, however unlikely it may be!

Yeah, that release date of "September 2020" is painfully unspecific! I have 6 sodas on order right now, and no idea of when to expect them other than sometime this coming month. Looking forward to getting some fun mail sometime soon!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:33 am

FunkOCD wrote:Where's Emoagogo, he got the chilly chase during his twitch stream the other day!

Oooohh....seriously, where is he? I want to see how sparkly he is! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:54 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:Where's Emoagogo, he got the chilly chase during his twitch stream the other day!

It was purty seeing it on screen!
Last edited by FunkOCD on Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:08 am

Our orders should be in soon! Can't wait for more Soda's
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Rothkolion

Postby Rothkolion » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:49 pm

:freddy2: I think we are all just waiting for our orders and for more to be announced! ](*,)

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:00 pm

Put in my pre-orders for the latest wave yesterday and hoping the previous wave order arrives soon. Wonder when Woody will hit the shop
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:09 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

It was putty seeing it on screen!

I wanna see too...looks awesome!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Rothkolion

Postby Rothkolion » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:58 pm

Imagery wrote:Put in my pre-orders for the latest wave yesterday and hoping the previous wave order arrives soon. Wonder when Woody will hit the shop

Probably not until the others drop but who knows? I just hope that I can get him!

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:21 pm

Rothkolion wrote:
Imagery wrote:Put in my pre-orders for the latest wave yesterday and hoping the previous wave order arrives soon. Wonder when Woody will hit the shop

Probably not until the others drop but who knows? I just hope that I can get him!

I have a feeling that a soda drop on the shop will happen soon. With October coming up, I think Boo Berry will release on the shop before the end of October and maybe Woody will release first given there is a glam shot now.

Very anxiously waiting for them to release though! It will be a big rush to try for them
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:39 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

It was putty seeing it on screen!

Ugh, now I'm really wishing I'd bought one of the cans I saw! I will hold on to my tattered willpower as I not-so-patiently wait for September...!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:11 am

willy wonka wrote:Our orders should be in soon! Can't wait for more Soda's

Just over 2 hours away from September! So my Sodas will all be on my doorstep tomorrow, right? lol

Seriously though - do we think all the September 2020 release Sodas are the same date in September? Or are we getting presents throughout the month? Or....horrid thought - are they all coming at the end of the month and we still have most of a month to wait?? :eek:
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:46 am

Probably the same day I miss out on it. lol
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:28 pm

Katers wrote:
willy wonka wrote:Our orders should be in soon! Can't wait for more Soda's

Just over 2 hours away from September! So my Sodas will all be on my doorstep tomorrow, right? lol

Seriously though - do we think all the September 2020 release Sodas are the same date in September? Or are we getting presents throughout the month? Or....horrid thought - are they all coming at the end of the month and we still have most of a month to wait?? :eek:

It seems like a lot of us are in general waiting for pre-orders. It seems the mass of pre-orders are coming next two months due to COVID delays. It is like we are getting a whole half year worth of stuff in two months. It is almost like Christmas time lolz.
Collecting since 2014

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:49 pm

I'll be in trouble if they make any of The Office as Sodas

Cod3NameCornDog

Postby Cod3NameCornDog » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:12 pm

I was really actually surprised that they didnt do the Boo Berry drop for Funkoween. But I am anxiously awaiting him to pop up!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:13 pm

Cod3NameCornDog wrote:I was really actually surprised that they didnt do the Boo Berry drop for Funkoween. But I am anxiously awaiting him to pop up!

Could always be a Funko shop exclusive on or around Halloween

Return to “Soda”