Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
cmasicampo

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby cmasicampo » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:10 am

Wow! Congratulations!

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:Got my two boo berry's today. Both common.
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:12 am

I saw someone locally post up that they got 2 Chase Boo Berries and is now going to play the lotto lol
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:37 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:

I got lucky ... both of mine were chases ... lol. :cheers:

Very lucky pulls, congrats =D>

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:26 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:

That's some serious AWESOMENESS right there...Congrats! I'm hoping my order will show the same kindness with at least one chase :) [-o<

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:56 pm

Katers wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
Katers wrote:
They were available today at Funko Hollywood. I shouldn't have, but bought one because it was THERE, and so was I! They had The 2 KISS sodas, Pennywise, Batgirl, Oogie Boogie, Jean LaFoote and Michelangelo today. Glad I resisted and just bought the one!

Bought 3, and.... ZERO chase today! Better luck next time.

I had the same luck this weekend - 0 for 3! Batgirl from Hollywood, and Leo and Shredder from EE finally! While it would've been cool for either of my EE orders to be chases, I think I'm okay with it - the common Shredder is SO COOL looking! And I'd only know for Leo if he glowed, so I'm content. I will say - the TMNT sodas? SOLID. It seemed like they were the biggest sodas I've pulled out of the Soda cans so far. Really enjoying them though, so glad I purchased!

Agreed. Shredder is super nice! Really one of the best design/color they did. But still, it's just a great feeling to pull a chase! ;) Maybe they should do the same with pops? Like put them in a box where you don't see them until you open...
SDCC: 07-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-19-21-22-23
NYCC: 19-22

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:35 am

NickR2012 wrote:
Katers wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
Bought 3, and.... ZERO chase today! Better luck next time.

I had the same luck this weekend - 0 for 3! Batgirl from Hollywood, and Leo and Shredder from EE finally! While it would've been cool for either of my EE orders to be chases, I think I'm okay with it - the common Shredder is SO COOL looking! And I'd only know for Leo if he glowed, so I'm content. I will say - the TMNT sodas? SOLID. It seemed like they were the biggest sodas I've pulled out of the Soda cans so far. Really enjoying them though, so glad I purchased!

Agreed. Shredder is super nice! Really one of the best design/color they did. But still, it's just a great feeling to pull a chase! ;) Maybe they should do the same with pops? Like put them in a box where you don't see them until you open...

Oh, I absolutely love the feeling of pulling the chase! I've started setting the can aside without looking at the pog so it's more of a surprise when I open the can because it's such a good feeling! Hoping to get lucky with some chases with a few other pre-orders, but we'll see. I wouldn't mind blind pops for a chance at a chase - I've only ever found 1 chase in the wild, and it wasn't something I wanted, so that would be a great chance to snag one. Plus, it would MAKE us take the pops out of the boxes! Of course, the counter argument to that is they do have this - the mystery minis! lol
Image ImageImage Image

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:52 am

Katers wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh, I absolutely love the feeling of pulling the chase! I've started setting the can aside without looking at the pog so it's more of a surprise when I open the can because it's such a good feeling! Hoping to get lucky with some chases with a few other pre-orders, but we'll see. I wouldn't mind blind pops for a chance at a chase - I've only ever found 1 chase in the wild, and it wasn't something I wanted, so that would be a great chance to snag one. Plus, it would MAKE us take the pops out of the boxes! Of course, the counter argument to that is they do have this - the mystery minis! lol

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Like this Hidden Pop Chase idea as a Special. Until then, loving these sodas!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:53 am

Boymom4 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

That's some serious AWESOMENESS right there...Congrats! I'm hoping my order will show the same kindness with at least one chase :) [-o<

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Awesome ... Super Fun!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:06 pm

Katers wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yes mystery minis, or mystery boxes really! And the other argument is that it's already like that when you order online, and you don't know if you'll get the chase or not... So yes, I don't see it happening! LOL.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:31 am

sdcccrasher wrote:
Katers wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Like this Hidden Pop Chase idea as a Special. Until then, loving these sodas!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Agreed! Keep the sodas coming to us - while I'm (im)patiently waiting for the Marvel sodas, can't wait to see what they come out with in the interim! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:35 am

NickR2012 wrote:
Katers wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:

Yes mystery minis, or mystery boxes really! And the other argument is that it's already like that when you order online, and you don't know if you'll get the chase or not... So yes, I don't see it happening! LOL.

It's so weird - I love ordering my sodas online - if I get the common or the chase, I have no control overit. Fate will decide! But when I pull a duplicate mini, I get so frustrated. No idea why it's different, when it really is almost exactly the same!

Of course, it could be the price point keeping me from buying so many sodas? If I only buy one, I can't be frustrated by duplicates! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:54 pm

How about a mix & match? :)

CerealSoda

Postby CerealSoda » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:41 pm

Those sets look pretty sweet together......... :thumbsup:

Gothamite wrote:How about a mix & match? :)

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:39 am

Those would look good, wonder if they will happen.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:14 am

Very nice, I like it. Also would have to think about adding Bamm-Bamm, Pebbles, and Dino.

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:33 am

Sonic77 wrote:

Very nice, I like it. Also would have to think about adding Bamm-Bamm, Pebbles, and Dino.

Are the Betty and Wilma Rock Candy figures shorter than others? Only ask because the one Rock Candy I have left (Lara Croft) is significantly taller than Fred, so if she's the same as Betty and Wilma, it'd look kinda off IMO.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:34 am

this would make me and others very happy.

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:18 pm

Quazimoto wrote:Are the Betty and Wilma Rock Candy figures shorter than others? Only ask because the one Rock Candy I have left (Lara Croft) is significantly taller than Fred, so if she's the same as Betty and Wilma, it'd look kinda off IMO.

I can check in a bit, but Lara Croft is actually "short" for a Rock Candy.

It's okay for Betty to be much taller than Barney, though. :)

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:21 pm

Gothamite wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:Are the Betty and Wilma Rock Candy figures shorter than others? Only ask because the one Rock Candy I have left (Lara Croft) is significantly taller than Fred, so if she's the same as Betty and Wilma, it'd look kinda off IMO.

I can check in a bit, but Lara Croft is actually "short" for a Rock Candy.

It's okay for Betty to be much taller than Barney, though. :)

I'd appreciate that. If they line up okay, I'll have to buy my the Wilma and Betty again, but I think them being too tall next to Fred would bother me. LOL.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:54 pm

Sonic77 wrote:

I agree, I would LOVE to see this happen and especially love bringing Bamm-Bamm and Pebbles into the soda line.

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:35 pm

Quazimoto wrote:I'd appreciate that. If they line up okay, I'll have to buy my the Wilma and Betty again, but I think them being too tall next to Fred would bother me. LOL.

So, Rock Candy Lara Croft is 5-inches tall. Wilma and Betty are slightly taller at 5.25 inches, though Wilma's bun at the back of her head is almost 5.5 inches.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:41 pm

Nice! I’d sure like to have them.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Gothamite wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:I'd appreciate that. If they line up okay, I'll have to buy my the Wilma and Betty again, but I think them being too tall next to Fred would bother me. LOL.

So, Rock Candy Lara Croft is 5-inches tall. Wilma and Betty are slightly taller at 5.25 inches, though Wilma's bun at the back of her head is almost 5.5 inches.

Thanks. I'll have to double check Fred's height and think in how much the difference might bother me. Gotta admit, the mockup does make them look good together.

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:30 pm

Quazimoto wrote:
Gothamite wrote:

Thanks. I'll have to double check Fred's height and think in how much the difference might bother me. Gotta admit, the mockup does make them look good together.

Yeah, I think so as well, which is why I edited the pix together. The default Soda pose (ankles together, feet angled opened) is actually how Fred and Barney were drawn in the cartoon. Wilma and Betty are supposed to be substantially slimmer, too.

At the very least Betty and Barney will probably look fine because he's so short anyway. :D

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:21 am

Lucked out today and pulled the chase of Samurai Jack :), also bought 2 Shredders but both were regular.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:09 am

Sonic77 wrote:Lucked out today and pulled the chase of Samurai Jack :), also bought 2 Shredders but both were regular.

=D> =D> =D> =D> super great looking soda...i hope i'm just as lucky

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:19 pm

Sonic77 wrote:Lucked out today and pulled the chase of Samurai Jack :), also bought 2 Shredders but both were regular.

Spoiler: show

Congrats!!!! That's one of the best regular/ chase combos!!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:24 pm

Yeah, Betty might work with Barney, but Fred would be too short.

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:13 pm

Awesome! That chase looks really cool!

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:15 pm

I don't know who fulfills my order at Funko, but please continue!
Twice now I got both common and chase from ordering sodas.
Although this one came with a Jean LaFoote chip... who knows...

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:39 am

That's interesting and a bit funny at the same time. The treasure has been stolen! lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:23 am

NickR2012 wrote:I don't know who fulfills my order at Funko, but please continue!

Congrats are still in order! I wonder if Funko can swap the chip?

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:43 pm

NickR2012 wrote:I don't know who fulfills my order at Funko, but please continue!

Nice, Congrats =D> =D> =D>
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:23 pm

Congrats, at least it was the common token that was replaced and not the chase.

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:32 pm

Thanks! I asked Funko to see if they can send me the right chip, we'll see what they reply...

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:38 pm

I love the SODA figures. Just wish I could get the exclusives too.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:22 pm

NickR2012 wrote:Thanks! I asked Funko to see if they can send me the right chip, we'll see what they reply...

I have no doubt that th customer service team will take care of it.

CerealSoda

Postby CerealSoda » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:26 pm

Now that I am currently caught up on releases, I wanted to share my soda displays.

All cereal figures are above my kitchen cabinets. Funko needs to make Captain Crunch to round out the other 2 [-o<

Superheroes are waiting for Superman, Bizarro, Flash & Reverse Fash to join the ranks. Cannot wait to see what they have planned for Marvel :-k

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:19 pm

CerealSoda wrote:Now that I am currently caught up on releases, I wanted to share my soda displays.

All cereal figures are above my kitchen cabinets. Funko needs to make Captain Crunch to round out the other 2 [-o<

Superheroes are waiting for Superman, Bizarro, Flash & Reverse Fash to join the ranks. Cannot wait to see what they have planned for Marvel :-k

Epic collection!!!! What are those tubes??? I've been looking around for new display options and that looks great!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

CerealSoda

Postby CerealSoda » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:08 pm

Thank you. They are Protech cylinder displays. I get them from ebay (cheaper if you buy a set of 10), though they are on Amazon as well. Be sure to get the ones that are 4.75" tall, because there are shorter ones too. The Joker (1989) is the tightest fit so far. His hat just barely fits inside lol

FireEmblemZack wrote:
CerealSoda wrote:Now that I am currently caught up on releases, I wanted to share my soda displays.

Epic collection!!!! What are those tubes??? I've been looking around for new display options and that looks great!

Return to “Soda”