Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby renardchua » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:52 pm

Glams of the new Funko Soda wave (mostly seen from the Fun TV episode during NYCC Virtual Con 2020) :D

Roger Rabbit
Spoiler: show

Secret Squirrel

Mer-Man

Bebop

The Flash

Stay Puft
Last edited by renardchua on Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:59 pm

renardchua wrote:Glams of the new Funko Soda wave (mostly seen from the Fun TV episode during NYCC Virtual Con 2020) :D

Roget Rabbit

Secret Squirrel

Mer-Man

ahhhh so secret squirrel is a glow chase, nice! great looking merch, appreciate you adding the glams :D

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:11 pm

Thanks for the glams, they look great!!!!!! Stay Puft chase also glows which is awesome! Bring on more glows!!!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:21 pm

Definitely excited for new GITD Soda - the Stay Puft looks great. But Roger is still my fave of this wave. Hope Jessica joins him later
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:47 pm

Pre-ordered The Flash and Bebop

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:50 pm

So many great sodas on the way!! I definitely need the Roger Rabbit and Stay Puft :)

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:56 pm

Imagery wrote:Definitely excited for new GITD Soda - the Stay Puft looks great. But Roger is still my fave of this wave. Hope Jessica joins him later

I agree, it would be awesome to see Jessica Rabbit happen of course in her iconic red dress and just maybe have the chase in glitter form.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:02 pm

WHOA! I am seeing revisions from places preordering these that Secret Squirrel chase is flocked AND glow???? If that's true, that is a crazy combination!!!! Will look great in person!!!!

Also just saying, I really love that Stay Puft man can art lol

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:21 pm

Glams look great, thanks for posting. Really want that roger rabbit chase variant.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:23 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:WHOA! I am seeing revisions from places preordering these that Secret Squirrel chase is flocked AND glow???? If that's true, that is a crazy combination!!!! Will look great in person!!!!

hard to tell from the pictures if he's flocked, but that would be pretty neat if he was.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:27 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:WHOA! I am seeing revisions from places preordering these that Secret Squirrel chase is flocked AND glow???? If that's true, that is a crazy combination!!!! Will look great in person!!!!

hard to tell from the pictures if he's flocked, but that would be pretty neat if he was.

The company is "Monthly Pops" and they claim it was a revision that the chase is both. Pretty weird but I do kind of see in the photo the flocking "glimmer" especially around the tail. Either way and amazing chase!!!!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:36 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:The company is "Monthly Pops" and they claim it was a revision that the chase is both. Pretty weird but I do kind of see in the photo the flocking "glimmer" especially around the tail. Either way and amazing chase!!!!

i agree, he does look a bit fuzzy in the picture. just hard to tell since it's dark to show the glow.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:39 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

The company is "Monthly Pops" and they claim it was a revision that the chase is both. Pretty weird but I do kind of see in the photo the flocking "glimmer" especially around the tail. Either way and amazing chase!!!!

equally excited and bummed...a flocked chase would be have been a first for the soda figures, a distinction deserved by secret squirrel in my opinion.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:48 pm

mongoose12 wrote:equally excited and bummed...a flocked chase would be have been a first for the soda figures, a distinction deserved by secret squirrel in my opinion.

Mutley already has a flocked chase.

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:54 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
Imagery wrote:Definitely excited for new GITD Soda - the Stay Puft looks great. But Roger is still my fave of this wave. Hope Jessica joins him later

I agree, it would be awesome to see Jessica Rabbit happen of course in her iconic red dress and just maybe have the chase in glitter form.

Ooh, yes — a glitter chase would be perfect!
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Imagery wrote:Ooh, yes — a glitter chase would be perfect!

pfft, Jess should be glittery by default! lol

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:07 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Definitely gonna be following to see if this is true or not because that chase would be crazy!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:14 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Considering funko announced as only glow in the dark. I'm gonna assume the shop saying it was both was just guessing at what it would be.

Charger14
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Charger14 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:46 pm

I'm loving all the new soda's, especially the Flash and Mer-Man
WOBBLER WANT LIST:
GROOVY GHOULIES - MUST HAVE
HECKLE & JECKLE
20" GALACTUS
DC SUPERHEROES

CerealSoda

Postby CerealSoda » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:50 pm

Charger14 wrote:I'm loving all the new soda's, especially the Flash and Mer-Man

Yes !! I originally got into the Soda line for all the cereal figures, but have decided to jump into the DC & upcoming Marvel ones as well. :drunken:

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:35 pm

I need me a roger rabbit soda so will definitely get that

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:43 pm

I finally received my pre-order of Sodas (2x each of Leonardo, Shredder, and Chilly Willy). In a perfect world I would have gotten a chase of each, which didn't happen of course. But I did get a chase of Shredder and Leonardo, so pretty good result. The Shredder chase was my top want so I was glad to get it. And while I collect TMNT, I probably would have been slightly happier with a chase of Chilly Willy, just because it's more unique looking vs the regular version, but I'm still very happy with the result.
Poppin'

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:08 pm

theraven00 wrote:I finally received my pre-order of Sodas (2x each of Leonardo, Shredder, and Chilly Willy). In a perfect world I would have gotten a chase of each, which didn't happen of course. But I did get a chase of Shredder and Leonardo, so pretty good result. The Shredder chase was my top want so I was glad to get it. And while I collect TMNT, I probably would have been slightly happier with a chase of Chilly Willy, just because it's more unique looking vs the regular version, but I'm still very happy with the result.

WOW! Congrats!!!! Starting off the TMNT soda set perfectly!!! The Shredder soda chase is one of the best they have made. The colors really pop and the line details are great

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:27 pm

oddly all the new Soda are gone from BigBadToyStore, and when i click on the item from my preorders it goes to a dead page. wonder what is up with that.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:52 am

Boymom4 wrote:So many great sodas on the way!! I definitely need the Roger Rabbit and Stay Puft :)

Definitely did some damage to the budget today! Combined an order with a friend so we save on shipping. Missed out on Roger Rabbit for her, but we each have a Flash and Stay Puft coming our way, and a Secret Squirrel coming her way. She's struck out so far for chases, so I'm really hoping she gets lucky with this round!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:55 am

CerealSoda wrote:
Charger14 wrote:I'm loving all the new soda's, especially the Flash and Mer-Man

Yes !! I originally got into the Soda line for all the cereal figures, but have decided to jump into the DC & upcoming Marvel ones as well. :drunken:

I got so excited with this latest batch of sodas that I spaced on the upcoming Marvel sodas. And now I'm back to wanting them desperately! :bounce:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:57 am

theraven00 wrote:I finally received my pre-order of Sodas (2x each of Leonardo, Shredder, and Chilly Willy). In a perfect world I would have gotten a chase of each, which didn't happen of course. But I did get a chase of Shredder and Leonardo, so pretty good result. The Shredder chase was my top want so I was glad to get it. And while I collect TMNT, I probably would have been slightly happier with a chase of Chilly Willy, just because it's more unique looking vs the regular version, but I'm still very happy with the result.

2 chases out of 6 ordered is some great luck, congrats! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:06 am

Nice hits on the Shredder and Leonardo chase. Curious who did you pre-order from?

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:15 am

Ah the glowing of those sodas, hrmm tough to turn these ones away.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:58 am

Sonic77 wrote:

Nice hits on the Shredder and Leonardo chase. Curious who did you pre-order from?

Beehive Collectibles. I was very happy with them. I previously ordered from Vault Queen (now VLTD) and they were good as well. Didn't get a chase with them (Big Boy), but they shipped really well (each can was bubble wrapped and well packaged).
Poppin'

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:27 am

I'm really pumped for my NYC Freddy. Maybe I'll pull my first chase lol
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

CerealSoda

Postby CerealSoda » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:44 pm

Mr Yac wrote:oddly all the new Soda are gone from BigBadToyStore, and when i click on the item from my preorders it goes to a dead page. wonder what is up with that.

Yes, got my preorder in for the Flash, when I went back to look, they were all gone. Hopefully my preorder stays in place.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:51 pm

CerealSoda wrote:
Yes, got my preorder in for the Flash, when I went back to look, they were all gone. Hopefully my preorder stays in place.

order is still showing up in my account, so here's hoping it sticks.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:48 pm

That red glow stay puft is the cream of the crop so far lol I'm hoping for a nuclear type glow

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:01 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
CerealSoda wrote:

order is still showing up in my account, so here's hoping it sticks.

Same here. I'm wondering if maybe the release date was a pushed back or something and it's beyond what BBTS is typically cool with for Funko stuff. But, that's just a wild guess on my part. Tis strange, but as long as they still show in my orders and I don't get an e-mail saying they're cancelled, I'm gonna assuming the order stands.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:42 am

digithor wrote:Ah the glowing of those sodas, hrmm tough to turn these ones away.

Join us in our glow chasing insanity! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:43 am

cptsailor wrote:I'm really pumped for my NYC Freddy. Maybe I'll pull my first chase lol

Good luck! Do you have a delivery estimate yet?
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:30 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:Ah the glowing of those sodas, hrmm tough to turn these ones away.

Join us in our glow chasing insanity! \:D/

Just try one right? Can always stop after one. :D
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:15 am

Katers wrote:
cptsailor wrote:I'm really pumped for my NYC Freddy. Maybe I'll pull my first chase lol

Good luck! Do you have a delivery estimate yet?

I do not, unfortunately. Thanks for the good luck! :freddy2:
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:51 am

Congrats and fingers crossed for you on pulling the chase. This is definitely one of my favorite sodas thus far.

Return to “Soda”