Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Katers

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:27 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
I get your point lol... Both versions look great but I do prefer the I heart ny version by a hair

I think I also prefer I heart NY Freddy, but if I manage to score one at all, I will be thrilled regardless of what I open!

Same here for the NY shirt freddy.

lol Like minds, but also...competition! ](*,) Seriously though - good luck on the hunt!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:31 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:The NYCC Freddy Soda figures are amazing. Hadn’t noticed the edition size until reading this thread. 2k! That’s surprising. Wonder why it is so low?

Certainly not for lack of popularity! I'm surprised it's not at least 5,000 - I guess we have it being a con exclusive to blame?

On that note - if we're going to keep getting Freddy con exclusives, I'm hoping we start getting Freddy cosplayers for the big conventions! Freddy Superman, Freddy Iron Man, Freddy Captain America, etc...!
Image ImageImage Image

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:18 pm

Have you all seen Funko's announcement on how NYCC will be handled? It's amazing!!!
A lottery system if you are opted into Funko Fun Club and then limit 1 item per person.
That may seem bad for us soda collectors since we want 2 in hopes of a chase but I think it's a sacrifice I am fine with. Now I think I have a chance for the Freddy!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:25 pm

Gotta pick up the TMNT ones
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Eman185

Postby Eman185 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:29 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
digithor wrote:
Eman185 wrote:I broke down and ordered a few Joker 1989 soda figures. I need that chase. This'll be my first soda. The seal has been broken lol

Now it'll be easier for you once they bring out some walking dead sodas.

Lol don't even joke about that

I would love some Walking Dead Sodas but my wallet wouldn't lol

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:21 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Have you all seen Funko's announcement on how NYCC will be handled? It's amazing!!!
A lottery system if you are opted into Funko Fun Club and then limit 1 item per person.
That may seem bad for us soda collectors since we want 2 in hopes of a chase but I think it's a sacrifice I am fine with. Now I think I have a chance for the Freddy!

It's not limited 1 item per person, it's limit 1 of each item per person, so technically you could buy 1 of every item available.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:44 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Have you all seen Funko's announcement on how NYCC will be handled? It's amazing!!!

It's not limited 1 item per person, it's limit 1 of each item per person, so technically you could buy 1 of every item available.

Yeah that's what I meant lol
I wonder if people would be okay with a limit of 1 for future soda drops like the Woody Woodpecker or Boo Berry which I hope come soon
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:58 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Yeah that's what I meant lol
I wonder if people would be okay with a limit of 1 for future soda drops like the Woody Woodpecker or Boo Berry which I hope come soon

Ok, just making sure.
I think with only limited pieces like con ones a limit of 1 would be ok

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:38 pm

Generally I would rather see a lottery, but kinda bummed this round - I feel like my chances are a lot smaller now. I do appreciate that Funko is trying their very best to get the NYCC exclusives to the fans and not the flippers, so I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope!
Image ImageImage Image

ChefOhz

Jack Samurai Soda Chase

Postby ChefOhz » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:04 am

Took a trip to Funko Hollywood aka FunkoWood last week to help out some friends on the goofy chef pop and they ended having a couple new sodas added.
2 Kiss
Jack samurai
Shredder

I ended up getting
2 Jack's and 2 shredders

I ended up getting the Jack Samurai Soda Chase!!!!
It looks bad a** in the black outfit and red eyes!

That brings it to 6 chase Sodas found...19 total sodas
Freddy Funko
Fred Flintstone
MumRa
HeMan
Huckleberry Hound
Jack Samurai
ImageImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:21 am

I really want the Freddy NYCC Soda so bad.... but the odds are against us... but will still definitely take a shot at it
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:33 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
I think I also prefer I heart NY Freddy, but if I manage to score one at all, I will be thrilled regardless of what I open!

lol Like minds, but also...competition! ](*,) Seriously though - good luck on the hunt!

Good luck on the lottery you mean. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:43 pm

philipali wrote:I really want the Freddy NYCC Soda so bad.... but the odds are against us... but will still definitely take a shot at it

all we can do is try right? i'm actually happy to learn of the lottery.. wishing everyone good luck! :D

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:02 pm

philipali wrote:I really want the Freddy NYCC Soda so bad.... but the odds are against us... but will still definitely take a shot at it

Same here, its literally my #1 want for NYCC! I'm trying to stay optimistic, but it's hard lol Best of luck to all of us :)

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Jack Samurai Soda Chase

Postby lavery01 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:49 pm

ChefOhz wrote:Took a trip to Funko Hollywood aka FunkoWood last week to help out some friends on the goofy chef pop and they ended having a couple new sodas added.
2 Kiss
Jack samurai
Shredder

I ended up getting
2 Jack's and 2 shredders

Freddy Funko
Fred Flintstone
MumRa
HeMan
Huckleberry Hound
Jack Samurai

That’s so cool! Congrats on getting that chase, and you’re right he looks awesome! lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:58 pm

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Good luck on the lottery you mean. lol

Argh, yes...! Good luck on the lottery! Hoping more funatics get in than not, that's for sure! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:01 am

mongoose12 wrote:

all we can do is try right? i'm actually happy to learn of the lottery.. wishing everyone good luck! :D

Mixed feelings on the lottery (at least with it being blasted to the entire email list and not so targeted/registered for) but it has to beat the hot mess that was the SDCC drop.

Fingers crossed the TT Sodas are not too tough to get ahold of.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Katers

Re: Jack Samurai Soda Chase

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:02 am

ChefOhz wrote:Took a trip to Funko Hollywood aka FunkoWood last week to help out some friends on the goofy chef pop and they ended having a couple new sodas added.
2 Kiss
Jack samurai
Shredder

I ended up getting
2 Jack's and 2 shredders

Freddy Funko
Fred Flintstone
MumRa
HeMan
Huckleberry Hound
Jack Samurai

Congrats on finding the sodas at Hollywood, and even better, scoring a chase! I only saw the KISS sodas when I went on Friday, but the store is so big it's easy to miss something cool each time you go! Probably just as well, don't know if I'd have been able to resist buying a Shredder since I'm starting to feel like my EE order is never going to come! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:00 am

mohawkjones wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Mixed feelings on the lottery (at least with it being blasted to the entire email list and not so targeted/registered for) but it has to beat the hot mess that was the SDCC drop.

You have to have signed up for the emails, funko fan club and have a registered address. Not every one that has signed up for the newsletter gets automatically entered into the other 2, you have to manually enter them.

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:29 am

mohawkjones wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Some mixed feelings indeed, but we just go with whatever they decide to do for a release.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:35 am

mongoose12 wrote:

Hope the odds are with us on here :D
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:03 pm

Dsho333 wrote:You have to have signed up for the emails, funko fan club and have a registered address. Not every one that has signed up for the newsletter gets automatically entered into the other 2, you have to manually enter them.

That's still a pretty big net there as opposed to a targeted interest list of folks that directly express interest in the NYCC lottery. In the past things like this you had to opt Into the lottery to be eligible.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

ChefOhz

Postby ChefOhz » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:47 pm

The sodas at funko Hollywood are in the anime section and they got joker sodas on dc section
ImageImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:47 pm

ChefOhz wrote:The sodas at funko Hollywood are in the anime section and they got joker sodas on dc section

I'm assuming they don't have Fred Flintstone?

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:19 am

digithor wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Some mixed feelings indeed, but we just go with whatever they decide to do for a release.

Not like we have much choice either way, right? lol It's interesting to see how people feel about this - some friends think it's great, and some not so much. Hopefully once it's over, we all think it's great too!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:21 am

ChefOhz wrote:The sodas at funko Hollywood are in the anime section and they got joker sodas on dc section

Ah - that's why I missed them last week! The anime section was rather crowded, so I went around instead of through! Guess I'll have to tough it out next time! Though hopefully my EE sodas ship and arrive before I head up to Hollywood again! Seems like I did those pre-orders a million years ago at this point!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:44 am

Going to be a bit of wait now for the nightmare before christmas jack soda.
ImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:41 pm

Niteowl_1 wrote:Gotta pick up the TMNT ones

I was thinking the same thing! TMNT look awesome. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

AleX-Men

Funko Soda APs!

Postby AleX-Men » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:02 pm

Wassup everyone,

Not sure if everyone has seen these, but it turn out that Funko soda AP (artist proof) variations exist! So far, I have seen them for the ECCC batman normal and chase variant sodas, and the funko shop Boo Berry normal variant soda. The Batmans managed to come to the public (at least from what I've heard from someone on Twitter) when Funko sold the sodas at HQ (not 100% but I was also told that these were from the sadly fired employees' desks). Has anyone been lucky enough to score an AP variant and if so will other people be able to obtain them? Does anyone know why some AP variants may get posted online through a non-official Funko account? So many questions, and hopefully enough answers for them!
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

mongoose12

Re: Funko Soda APs!

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:10 pm

AleX-Men wrote:Wassup everyone,

Not sure if everyone has seen these, but it turn out that Funko soda AP (artist proof) variations exist! So far, I have seen them for the ECCC batman normal and chase variant sodas, and the funko shop Boo Berry normal variant soda. The Batmans managed to come to the public (at least from what I've heard from someone on Twitter) when Funko sold the sodas at HQ (not 100% but I was also told that these were from the sadly fired employees' desks). Has anyone been lucky enough to score an AP variant and if so will other people be able to obtain them? Does anyone know why some AP variants may get posted online through a non-official Funko account? So many questions, and hopefully enough answers for them!

i have not seen or believe any have been found in the 'wild' but i could be mistaken.

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:11 pm

I'm sure it's just like Hikari where you can get them wherever. I think I have 3-4 AP's for Hikari that I bought from various places.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:30 pm

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Not like we have much choice either way, right? lol It's interesting to see how people feel about this - some friends think it's great, and some not so much. Hopefully once it's over, we all think it's great too!

That is true! Would have been nice to have an option for folks to say "yes, I want in!" rather than potential thousands who are not interested getting a spot vs. us junkies who need their fix. lol

Still, lottery has to be better than the log-jam that was SDCC so fingers crossed we all score some spots!

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:09 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:I'm sure it's just like Hikari where you can get them wherever. I think I have 3-4 AP's for Hikari that I bought from various places.

That’s awesome. Wonder if I have hikaris APs too.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:37 pm

AleX-Men wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:I'm sure it's just like Hikari where you can get them wherever. I think I have 3-4 AP's for Hikari that I bought from various places.

From what I have seen AP's are at HQ. Everyone who has had one has gotten one from there.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:30 am

mohawkjones wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

That is true! Would have been nice to have an option for folks to say "yes, I want in!" rather than potential thousands who are not interested getting a spot vs. us junkies who need their fix. lol

Still, lottery has to be better than the log-jam that was SDCC so fingers crossed we all score some spots!

Yeah, I wish you had to opt in for the lottery, rather than anyone theoretically scoring a win there! But it seems similar to what we'd be doing if we were actually AT a con, so I'll just grin and cross my fingers!

As for better....? Well, we'll see. I got about half what I was trying for with SDCC, so if I can do at least that well with this, I'll be thrilled!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:24 am

mohawkjones wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Junkies, haha. Need that hit of our sodas!
ImageImageImageImage

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:56 am

willy wonka wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

From what I have seen AP's are at HQ. Everyone who has had one has gotten one from there.

Including hikari? I actually got an AP supernatural set from Knowhere toys, so maybe there is more than one place!

EZA

Postby EZA » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:50 pm

Is this going to be an ongoing line everywhere I read it says limited time.

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:14 pm

AleX-Men wrote:
willy wonka wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

Including hikari? I actually got an AP supernatural set from Knowhere toys, so maybe there is more than one place!

I was just talking about Sodas, From what I have seen all the AP sodas have been from HQ
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Return to “Soda”