Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Ratattack

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:31 am

fieldsy32 wrote:
Ratattack wrote:I also wouldn’t be mad if we had our own Create Your SODA Station \:D/

This would be cool!

With the momentum the SODA line has and the potential for more success still ahead, I can definitely see us getting a station. Oof! Imagine getting a personalized pug \:D/

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:36 am

NickR2012 wrote:
Ratattack wrote:I also wouldn’t be mad if we had our own Create Your SODA Station \:D/

Nice! And that seems not complicated to do... But I just gotta wonder is the create your own Pop really working?? It's ALWAYS empty when I go... and I go at least twice a week. meaning there's never anybody there except a poor employee waiting...

I'm actually not sure because I don't hangout around the station too often. But I did noticed that tourists tend to visit that section a lot. At least here in Hollywood, there are plenty of tourists.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:38 am

FunkOCD wrote:

They need to stock more crowns first for the regular build a Freddy LOL

Very true! And keeping two styles stocked will be a challenge :-k

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:45 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Custom you say??

Definitely! I’ve been contemplating the idea of customizing a common Freddy. But I have to complete another custom first.

What other custom? Hmmm...

It's a Pop Moment that I've been working on forever it seems. I'd love to complete it so bad, but things keep coming up. I want to complete it more than anything before Funko goes and makes one lol I don't want it to be overshadowed you know lol

I guess it's part of how I am. I start a lot of things but I don't always complete them. Its very annoying and it takes so much effort to get to complete them. When I do though, it feels very rewarding.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:51 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Nah it's been 3 weeks almost!

Oh! That’s better.
Any updates? :-k

Meh the trip to Frank And Son's is cancelled! :(

Oh man! Was that supposed to be your meet up place?

Also, I didn't know Frank and Son's was open. I've never been, and I've been looking forward to visiting soon. Then the pandemic happened.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:52 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Y'all silly! Wouldn't he be naked inside that hot can instead?

I was trying to keep it PG lol

We're nearly all adults here, no?

I'm not entirely sure. There are a lot of funatics on the board. #-o

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:53 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
They should have a soda machine at Funko Hollywood! Where you get one mystery soda

I wouldn't even need it to be a mystery! Give us a soda machine with the buttons for Big Boy, Batman, MOTU, etc....throw a few chases in every now and then, just to make it really interesting! But I love the idea of them having a soda machine!

If they did that, wonder what the premium would be!

What do you mean by premium?

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:54 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
So you want a 2-liter? lol

Seriously though, I can see that happening!

I’ll take it!

Maybe, one of those longer cans. I think they usually package Monster drinks in them. :-k

Monster Funko Sodas? Arizona Funko Sodas? lol I'm in!

Yes! I've seen Arizona tea in those longer cans \:D/

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:56 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Orange for SDCC then, to go along with our Toucan. Or yellow for SDCC and Orange around Halloween? Or both, normal and chase to knock them out at the same time?

I was thinking common and chase to complete the set at once. I can see them making a Harvest Batman for Halloween \:D/

A common and chase together seem likely given the previous patterns. And then the fun starts all over again! Though other rounds were colors farther apart on the spectrum, so I'm not sure I see Orange and Yellow going out at the same time. But who knows? Funko likes to surprise me! lol

True on that. I doesn't follow a pattern, but it's the last two remaining. So it's very likely.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:57 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Now I want a Freddy soda that matches the Freddy at the entrance of Funko Hollywood!

That would be neat. The one at FH is Aloha Freddy, right? :-k

lol I just remember there being flip flops....so sure?

Oh goodness. Yes I remember those. lol

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:03 am

emoagogo wrote:Man I’ve been so absent from here for a while. Happy soda Saturday everyone!! I’m only nine chases away from having a complete set! Wooo! This was the set I shared today :)

Oof!

Congratulations on the pair! Good luck finding the remaining chases! \:D/

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:15 am

NickR2012 wrote:Isn't that what they already do with the Paka Paka stuff?? I never really was interested in that... But it's kind of a blind box machine right?
That would be so cool with sodas!
Although the negative I see is... People (and me first!) would take like 5 so it would be empty most of the time...

What if they spread the vending machines throughout the store. Maybe one in the larger sections like HP, DC, Marvel, etc. This way they are not locked to one person using them.

Also, maybe they can set a limit of purchasing no more than 2 vending machine coins at a time. This way if there are people in line and all want to try the SODA vending machines, one person won't have the option to buy 2 coins over and over gain. They would need to get back in line to buy another 2, giving others the option to either try the coins at once or to get in line again. Of course if there isn't anyone else in line, you have the option of buying over and over again since no one else is waiting. :-k

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:17 am

digithor wrote:
fieldsy32 wrote:

This would be cool!

Oh yes, I like that idea also.

The pandemic has surely slowed down the momentum SODAs were gaining. Hopefully, we get to see this one day. [-o<

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:18 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
I think the only thing that would keep it from being empty all the time would be the cost of the sodas - just a little more than mystery minis and pakas! Still would be super fun, and so worth it!

They refill the Paka machines all day anyways so lol

I would think they'd have to, they're not huge machines, and the paka balls are a decent size - probably can't get that many in there! Weren't they all holding at least 3 different lines, too? That's gotta take up a good bit of space!

This is very true. I wonder how big a case of Paka Paka is. The orbs really do take a lot of space.

Also, do any of you keep the orbs?

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:52 am

digithor wrote:I can see those having to be refilled a good amount with the size of the machine and how big those paka ball is. Though I've yet to see one in person.

They can probably use a regular soda machines for the SODA line. They are the same size as regular drinking sodas.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:54 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
I would think they'd have to, they're not huge machines, and the paka balls are a decent size - probably can't get that many in there! Weren't they all holding at least 3 different lines, too? That's gotta take up a good bit of space!

Yup all 3 so it should be fine!

If they got an actual soda vending machine, they could probably have most of the current sodas in the slots to fill it. Less to stock as often, and more variety for all of us. Win win! :cheers:

lol And if they want to have a slot for actual water bottles, I'd appreciate it!

This is exactly what I was thinking. The SODAs are the same size as regular soda cans lol
It's perfect \:D/

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:55 am

Cod3NameCornDog wrote:Got 3 out of 8 chases today from Shumi :cheers:

Wow! Nice haul there!
Do I see three chases? :-k

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:43 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Congrats! I'm still on the hunt for a metallic great ape chase.

Same! Metallic grape ape AND jabberjaw!
SDCC: 07-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-19-21-22-23
NYCC: 19-22

PixelPandaPops

Postby PixelPandaPops » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:31 pm

emoagogo wrote:Man I’ve been so absent from here for a while. Happy soda Saturday everyone!! I’m only nine chases away from having a complete set! Wooo! This was the set I shared today :)

We're new to the forum so a big hello from NYC!

We've been REALLY getting into Funko Soda too! I think it's quickly becoming our favorite Funko line...

Not quite as close as you for a complete set, but 20 chases and we'll be there.

We got really lucky with getting 1 Freddy Funko chase and 1 Freddy Funko non-chase from the Funko Shop which helped a lot!
IG - @pixelpanda_pops_n_stuff
IG - @daves_comics_etc

Image Image Image

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:01 am

PixelPandaPops wrote:

We've been REALLY getting into Funko Soda too! I think it's quickly becoming our favorite Funko line...

We got really lucky with getting 1 Freddy Funko chase and 1 Freddy Funko non-chase from the Funko Shop which helped a lot!

Welcome and nice score! Sodas are awesome!

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:53 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
I’ll take it!

Maybe, one of those longer cans. I think they usually package Monster drinks in them. :-k

I think Funko Sodas will sell no matter what size they give us, though of course I'll hope they stick to the small cans for most of the releases. Easier on my limited space, and my budget!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:56 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
I was thinking common and chase to complete the set at once. I can see them making a Harvest Batman for Halloween \:D/

A common and chase together seem likely given the previous patterns. And then the fun starts all over again! Though other rounds were colors farther apart on the spectrum, so I'm not sure I see Orange and Yellow going out at the same time. But who knows? Funko likes to surprise me! lol

True on that. I doesn't follow a pattern, but it's the last two remaining. So it's very likely.

Funko rarely fails to surprise and delight me, so I know no matter what they give us next, we'll love it! I'm content to wait....for now! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:57 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
They refill the Paka machines all day anyways so lol

This is very true. I wonder how big a case of Paka Paka is. The orbs really do take a lot of space.

18 / case, based on my last conversation with my comic dealer.

I keep some - they make excellent cat toys, and that way I have them if I need them for a photo op. But most end up in the recycle bin, just like my mystery mini boxes do!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:02 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Yup all 3 so it should be fine!

If they got an actual soda vending machine, they could probably have most of the current sodas in the slots to fill it. Less to stock as often, and more variety for all of us. Win win! :cheers:

lol And if they want to have a slot for actual water bottles, I'd appreciate it!

This is exactly what I was thinking. The SODAs are the same size as regular soda cans lol
It's perfect \:D/

We're so brilliant (I say, like Funko isn't already planning this quite a few steps ahead of us!) lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:14 am

PixelPandaPops wrote:
Spoiler: show

Welcome! You've definitely found one of the happiest places on the web!

Congrats on scoring a Freddy common and chase! Definitely lucky, but all the sweeter for it! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:23 am

Cod3NameCornDog wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Congrats! I'm still on the hunt for a metallic great ape chase.

I'm still on the hunt for him too [-o< Good luck with your hunt also

Congrats, great pull :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

PixelPandaPops

Postby PixelPandaPops » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:34 pm

Katers wrote:Welcome! You've definitely found one of the happiest places on the web!

Congrats on scoring a Freddy common and chase! Definitely lucky, but all the sweeter for it! \:D/

Thanks!
IG - @pixelpanda_pops_n_stuff
IG - @daves_comics_etc

Image Image Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:27 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

I keep some - they make excellent cat toys, and that way I have them if I need them for a photo op. But most end up in the recycle bin, just like my mystery mini boxes do!

I FINALLY caved and had my friend proxy open my Sodas on video... Got a Common AND Chase!!! Hallelurrrjah!
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:32 am

Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
I wouldn't even need it to be a mystery! Give us a soda machine with the buttons for Big Boy, Batman, MOTU, etc....throw a few chases in every now and then, just to make it really interesting! But I love the idea of them having a soda machine!

If they did that, wonder what the premium would be!

What do you mean by premium?

Extra cost... Maybe make it an in store only item/exclusive which would be nice!
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:53 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I FINALLY caved and had my friend proxy open my Sodas on video... Got a Common AND Chase!!! Hallelurrrjah!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Wohoo!!!! That's great news, congrats!!!! Sorry it had to be over video, but at least the waiting to know is over! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:01 am

Video reveal, sometimes you just have to do that. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:07 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Wohoo!!!! That's great news, congrats!!!! Sorry it had to be over video, but at least the waiting to know is over! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Seriously, better than nothing as this point!
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:14 pm

digithor wrote:Video reveal, sometimes you just have to do that. lol

Desperate times call for desperate measures!
ImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:51 am

FunkOCD wrote:

Yup, I've been there with a mystery box. Best part was the excitement leading up to the opening. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:03 am

digithor wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Yup, I've been there with a mystery box. Best part was the excitement leading up to the opening. lol

Friend laughed at me cause I watched half way and got distracted then realized the second can was the chase LOL
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:26 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Seriously, better than nothing as this point!

I think it was better than nothing if it was 2 commons. Since it was 1 of each, I think this is a triumph!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:28 am

FunkOCD wrote:
digithor wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Friend laughed at me cause I watched half way and got distracted then realized the second can was the chase LOL

This story just keeps getting better! lol
Image ImageImage Image

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:44 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Congrats pulling that chase :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:14 pm

InternationalPopper wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Congrats pulling that chase :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thank you! It was nail biting to say the least after all these weeks!!!
ImageImageImageImage

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:30 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

I think Funko Sodas will sell no matter what size they give us, though of course I'll hope they stick to the small cans for most of the releases. Easier on my limited space, and my budget!

Very true. Space is always becoming more and more limited. The size of these SODAs makes it very inviting to keep a complete collection.

Return to “Soda”