The Vinyl Invaders

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
AleX-Men

The Vinyl Invaders

Postby AleX-Men » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:29 pm

Anyone remember the vinyl invaders? I do, and there are a few I have questions about. One of them is this: how did the gold variant of the Kiss robot work? Second, what happened with the purple and blue, green and blue, and red and blue Batman invaders? If anyone has info or images could you please share? There doesn’t seem to be too much information regarding them and any help would be a okay!
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Re: The Vinyl Invaders

Postby BigM » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:25 pm

The gold Kiss chase worked like a chase, only a set amount made for a ratio. It was made the last run of them and they didn’t make very many of them. I’m not 100% sure but I read once that there are only 24 made.

The alternate Batmans are all le 6 and signed and numbered by Brian.
Here’s a pic of everything. Funko did have a giant (20+ft tall) Batman at the booth for a couple years.
ShoMeNodder wrote:16200
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:33 pm

AleX-Men wrote:Anyone remember the vinyl invaders? I do, and there are a few I have questions about. One of them is this: how did the gold variant of the Kiss robot work? Second, what happened with the purple and blue, green and blue, and red and blue Batman invaders? If anyone has info or images could you please share? There doesn’t seem to be too much information regarding them and any help would be a okay!

That Batman ones are really cool. Still trying to hunt them down.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:23 pm

jagpop wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:Anyone remember the vinyl invaders? I do, and there are a few I have questions about. One of them is this: how did the gold variant of the Kiss robot work? Second, what happened with the purple and blue, green and blue, and red and blue Batman invaders? If anyone has info or images could you please share? There doesn’t seem to be too much information regarding them and any help would be a okay!

That Batman ones are really cool. Still trying to hunt them down.

Which ones? Gemini might have one up but I have no info on the history of the colored ones.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:24 pm

BigM wrote:The gold Kiss chase worked like a chase, only a set amount made for a ratio. It was made the last run of them and they didn’t make very many of them. I’m not 100% sure but I read once that there are only 24 made.

Here’s a pic of everything. Funko did have a giant (20+ft tall) Batman at the booth for a couple years.

Wow, sweet collection! Where did you get the colored batmans and the gold kiss?

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:32 pm

AleX-Men wrote:
BigM wrote:The gold Kiss chase worked like a chase, only a set amount made for a ratio. It was made the last run of them and they didn’t make very many of them. I’m not 100% sure but I read once that there are only 24 made.

The crazy colored bats came from Gemini Collectibles.
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:10 pm

I always really liked the color-variants of the Batman invaders--great looking set.
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:23 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

Darn I missed them then. What was Gemini selling them for?

The crazy colored bats came from Gemini Collectibles.

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:49 pm

Scotty wrote:I always really liked the color-variants of the Batman invaders--great looking set.

These look so cool, awesome :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:08 am

[/quote]

20 foot tall batman, what a sight that would have been to see.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:12 pm

I wonder if they have a warehouse of every con statue made. I heard from a Hollywood employee that only the owners of the licenses are allowed to have the statues. I have noticed that some early Funatics have statues from when funky was a much smaller company (pre-2010).

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:14 pm

Interesting information and very fun to learn about a line that I honestly have only seen pictures of online. Those Batman are awesome. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:06 pm

Thanks BigM. I used a link on the wayback machine and can confirm that the gold kiss was limited to 24 pieces. Kind of fitting since 24 goes with 24k gold!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:08 pm

The Kiss are truly fantastic.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sat May 29, 2021 1:29 am

Scrolling the forum... minding my own business and you drop this cool old line onto my radar! Time for a rabbit hole of ebay lol very cool!
Image Image ImageImage

Return to “Vinyl”