Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

I'd love some fantastic four pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Abbernaffy

I'd love some fantastic four pops

Postby Abbernaffy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:54 am

Why have they only produced The Thing?! I'd love a half crystal variant of Sue Storm. Or a flame on Johnny Flame! Reid richards could be cool.

And do I even need to mention a 6" galactus pop?
:freddy1: Pop customiser based in Glasgow Scotland!

Instagram @Abbernaffy_customs
www.Facebook.com/abbernaffycustoms

Annabelle

Re: I'd love some fantastic four pops

Postby Annabelle » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:21 am

*Johnny Storm/Human Torch ;)

6" Galactus would be badass. Even just to sit with Silver Surfer.

Maybe after the new FF movie is out the rest of the team might get some love?
Current Pop! Count: 700
On Pre-order/en route: 10

AbelBeja

Postby AbelBeja » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:18 am

I wouldn't say no to more Marvel Pops. Hopefully with the next movie we get the rest of the team.

Collection
Marvel: 141/157
Game of Thrones: 42/48
Star Wars: 51/61
The Walking Dead: 49/54

Proud owner of a 1/24 Heimdall Freddy!

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:34 am

Annabelle wrote:*Johnny Storm/Human Torch ;)

Marvel cancelled the fantastic four comic to distance them selves from the peice of crap movie that is about to come out, I doubt we will be getting new pops
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

BigDogW

Postby BigDogW » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:45 am

saul_damascus wrote:
Annabelle wrote:*Johnny Storm/Human Torch ;)

Marvel cancelled the fantastic four comic to distance them selves from the peice of crap movie that is about to come out, I doubt we will be getting new pops

Sadly with the clash between Fox and marvel I have that agree with Saul we won't see any more ff anything in the next few years
BDW out

RHYDA32

Postby RHYDA32 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:13 am

no ff movie pops yes! but the Thing is comic book pops... so ff comic book pops is likely but we have to be patient. i mean we didn't get movie xmen pops but we did get a comic book xmen series this month. i say eventually they will happen but venom and punisher beat them to it. i can see one ff member in the next series of marvel comic book pops.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:23 am

I think comic FF pops are still possible, I hope so at least, the team needs to be completed!

I made these a few months back

2012 Rookie of the Year

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:09 am

I love that set, some of my favorite work of yours.

arte622

Postby arte622 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:14 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:I think comic FF pops are still possible, I hope so at least, the team needs to be completed!

I made these a few months back

Nice work!
ISO
36" Retro Freddy
Funko SoCal White Shirt
POP Shirt

6" Retro Freddy
Funko Shirt
POP Shirt

PM me with any leads :)

Emily

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:30 pm

I bet if the reboot does badly, Fox will finally let the rights go back to Marvel and then Marvel will reboot it again to be a decent movie and then restart the comics.. and then Pop them out lol

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:43 pm

The ff book never gets cancelled for long. It will be back a month or two after cancellation.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

thankyouforsmoking

Postby thankyouforsmoking » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:50 pm

Randomly I think there is a sliver surfer pop but none of the other fantastic four?

Hi, I am Jared.

BigDogW

Postby BigDogW » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:21 pm

slim1977 wrote:The ff book never gets cancelled for long. It will be back a month or two after cancellation.

I don't think so marvel has said they have no plans for ff in the future and have made it clear they won't take part in the next cross over event secret wars
BDW out

Sepharite

Postby Sepharite » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:07 pm

AbelBeja wrote:I wouldn't say no to more Marvel Pops. Hopefully with the next movie we get the rest of the team.

Thats when I expect them to pounce on it.
ImageImageImage

RHYDA32

Postby RHYDA32 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:31 pm

i have a strange feeling that even if ff don't do well in the big screens fox still won't give the rights back just out of spite with their relationship with marvel. its publicly known these two studios aren't friendly with each other.

thankyouforsmoking

Postby thankyouforsmoking » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:52 pm

RHYDA32 wrote:i have a strange feeling that even if ff don't do well in the big screens fox still won't give the rights back just out of spite with their relationship with marvel. its publicly known these two studios aren't friendly with each other.

That's too bad. I think Marvel Studios should own the rights to all super heroes. Including DC :). They just know how to make movies.

Hi, I am Jared.

Annabelle

Postby Annabelle » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Jango, those customs are brilliant! Especially love the Bag Man Spider-man and Shulkie additions :D

Although Marvel may or may not produce any more FF books, they aren't the ones who make Pops. More people watch movies than read comics, so if the film is even somewhat successful, Funko could still make merch for that market.
Current Pop! Count: 700
On Pre-order/en route: 10

BigDogW

Postby BigDogW » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:54 pm

:mad:
Annabelle wrote:Jango, those customs are brilliant! Especially love the Bag Man Spider-man and Shulkie additions :D

Although Marvel may or may not produce any more FF books, they aren't the ones who make Pops. More people watch movies than read comics, so if the film is even somewhat successful, Funko could still make merch for that market.

They still need to get the go ahead from marvel since they have the final say in what the character looks like
BDW out

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:52 pm

RHYDA32 wrote:i have a strange feeling that even if ff don't do well in the big screens fox still won't give the rights back just out of spite with their relationship with marvel. its publicly known these two studios aren't friendly with each other.

Fox wouldn't have a say, if they wait too long to do another movie then the rights automatically revert back to Marvel. That's how Marvel got Daredevil back.. and that's why Fox rushed this subpar version of Fantastic Four into production.

Annabelle wrote:Jango, those customs are brilliant! Especially love the Bag Man Spider-man and Shulkie additions :D

I don't see many people caring about the Pops though because if the movie does well enough, the Pops will probably reflect the movie cast, and all 4 people are the main problems that people have with the movie.

Return to “Pop!”