Walgreens Exclusives

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
CaseyJones14

Re: Walgreens Exclusives

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:08 pm

The Minifigure Vinyl wrote:
synergy56 wrote:Ask and you shall receive lol People really need to stop asking for Walmart exclusives!

People need to stop asking for exclusives that aren't from Hot Topic! lol They always get a surplus of exclusives and I always have $5 coupons there!

It's insane how much Hot Topic gets. I was there over the weekend and they had 20+ Deans and like 12 of the 6" Tyrant :eek:
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
POP count - 214 (ISO Casey Jones proto)
Dorbz count - 260 (ISO Mega Man Chase!)

The Minifigure Vinyl

Postby The Minifigure Vinyl » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:13 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
synergy56 wrote:Ask and you shall receive lol People really need to stop asking for Walmart exclusives!

People need to stop asking for exclusives that aren't from Hot Topic! lol They always get a surplus of exclusives and I always have $5 coupons there!

It's insane how much Hot Topic gets. I was there over the weekend and they had 20+ Deans and like 12 of the 6" Tyrant :eek:

I'd rather have stores get 20 exclusives than none at all! lol I think HTs need to rethink supplying their stores. Mine always gets 20+ of one exclusive but not one exclusive Dorbz! :(

CaseyJones14

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:16 pm

The Minifigure Vinyl wrote:I'd rather have stores get 20 exclusives than none at all! lol I think HTs need to rethink supplying their stores. Mine always gets 20+ of one exclusive but not one exclusive Dorbz! :(

I talked to the manager at my Hot Topic and they said their store never receive Dorbz :( It's really disappointing, but hopefully that changes soon!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
POP count - 214 (ISO Casey Jones proto)
Dorbz count - 260 (ISO Mega Man Chase!)

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:20 pm

I second or third this or whatever we are on!! lol Hot Topic is definitely the easiest. They get a ton of stock, most of their individual stores have their own instagram or facebook accounts where they post new arrivals and they will hold things for 24 hours if you call. Definitely top of the store exclusive stores. I also find them to the be the only reliable ones for calling. They always know what I am talking about and either already have the answer or go look for items over the phone :) I have also been really lucky with Walgreens and Target and lately with Toys R Us. It really is just the Walmart that stymies and eludes me.
Hi, I'm Merri!
ImageImageImageImage

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:07 pm

Well just like that a new Walgreens hunt begins! I want that Gwenpool!!
Image Image Image Image
I'm Julian. WANTED: Image

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:36 pm

I don't get why Walgreens gets POPs. Not a single person even knows what they are when I go. At least when you go to TRU they know what you're talking about.

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:44 pm

I feel like the only one that has not found a Wal-Greens exclusive. Mine still has Frozen and other old ones total of like 5-6 Pops. One of these days I might walk in and if I find a exclusive I'm liable to hit the floor from shock!

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:59 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:Well just like that a new Walgreens hunt begins! I want that Gwenpool!!

I needs it! I kind of miss stalking 10 Walgreens a day hunting for 1 pop!
My name is Jonathan, I'm a noob, but an eager noob.

Pops: 482
Dorbz: 216
Ridez: 10
Minis: 293
Pocket Pop!: 33
Pint size Heroes: 69
\:D/

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:49 am

synergy56 wrote:I have also been really lucky with Walgreens and Target and lately with Toys R Us. It really is just the Walmart that stymies and eludes me.

Walmart has gotten a lot better lately. Except for Dr. Harleen, I think all the exclusives that have come out in the last year or two can be ordered on the site with Ship to Store.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
synergy56 wrote:I have also been really lucky with Walgreens and Target and lately with Toys R Us. It really is just the Walmart that stymies and eludes me.

Walmart has gotten a lot better lately. Except for Dr. Harleen, I think all the exclusives that have come out in the last year or two can be ordered on the site with Ship to Store.

In my experience Walmart has improved. Walgreens is the bane of my existence. It's a cold day in hell when I actually find one of their exclusives on shelves.
Image Image Image Image
I'm Julian. WANTED: Image

jwalk40

Postby jwalk40 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:09 pm

I have better luck with Walgreens than Hot Topic in my area. One Hot Topic (which gets cleared of exclusives as soon as they come in by Ebay resellers) vs. 12+ Walgreens stores within half an hour.
Pop Count: 119
Wishlist: Dark Phoenix, Red Skull

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Classier wrote:I don't get why Walgreens gets POPs. Not a single person even knows what they are when I go. At least when you go to TRU they know what you're talking about.

Wait, you mean a toy store knows what a Pop! is, but a drug store doesn't? What sort of world do we live in!
My Name is Ernie

MillenniumFunko

Postby MillenniumFunko » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:20 am

My local Walgreens i have been pretty lucky, they had all the star wars exclusives that i was looking and plus the manager who i speak with she is also a funky collector so when the re-released pops! came out she actually held a box for me.
    Star Wars Pop! Collector
    Collecting 1yr
    SW Pop! Count: 59

Nikeboi916

Postby Nikeboi916 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:56 am

MillenniumFunko wrote:My local Walgreens i have been pretty lucky, they had all the star wars exclusives that i was looking and plus the manager who i speak with she is also a funky collector so when the re-released pops! came out she actually held a box for me.

Your one of the lucky ones . My walgreens still don't know what a pop is :mad:

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:20 am

Kaljor wrote:
Classier wrote:I don't get why Walgreens gets POPs. Not a single person even knows what they are when I go. At least when you go to TRU they know what you're talking about.

Wait, you mean a toy store knows what a Pop! is, but a drug store doesn't? What sort of world do we live in!

I'm well aware of that, but they get all the cool exclusives, so I like complaining about it.

scorpiokyle

Postby scorpiokyle » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:28 am

I've had luck at local walgreens with Marvel exclusives. Star Wars exclusives are another story, all the stores in my area are clogged up with Snow Troopers, Prototype Boba Fetts and Imperial guards. I was able to find Scarlet Spider (at one random store) and Ms Marvel (more plentiful but I pulled the trigger and bought it on walgreens.com early December.) recently and most stores restocked unmasked Spider-Gwen.

Return to ā€œPop!ā€