Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
kastudillo

Re: Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker

Postby kastudillo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:00 pm

I'm drowning in Star Wars pops I can't....
Love anything Funko!!! :freddy3:
ImageImage

racheva

Postby racheva » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:52 pm

kastudillo wrote:I'm drowning in Star Wars pops I can't....

There is no end when you collect SW!

In the words of a wise dude, do or do not, there is no try :D
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:48 pm

racheva wrote:
kastudillo wrote:I'm drowning in Star Wars pops I can't....

There is no end when you collect SW!

In the words of a wise dude, do or do not, there is no try :D

so true. :freddy2: :freddy2:
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

littlegoldie

Postby littlegoldie » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:03 pm

When can we expect chrome pops for this trilogy? It's gonna happen at some point.

racheva

Postby racheva » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:09 pm

littlegoldie wrote:When can we expect chrome pops for this trilogy? It's gonna happen at some point.

Don't put that out in the universe! I may own a house, but even I don't have enough room if they start chroming every mold!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

karvinzed

Postby karvinzed » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Guys what we really need is a flocked porg or a GITD roasted porg

Guyhoff

Postby Guyhoff » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:19 pm

New Kyle with the repaired helmet

Force Ghost Luke

D-O!!
Terry
Cleveland, OH
YouTube: Headless Ned Stark
https://linktr.ee/headlessnedstark

SDCC - 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024

NYCC - 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023

SW Celebration - 2019, 2022

Funko Fundays - 2023

Fright Night - 2022

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:28 pm

anyone else thought that poe looked like nathan drake in the trailer ?
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

philipali

Postby philipali » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:59 pm

Force Luke / Palpatine ...... / Lando and a lot more... Wallet Busters again for Star Wars Collectors
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

kappait

Re: Star Wars Episode 9

Postby kappait » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:08 pm

repair-manmanmanman wrote:
kappait wrote:
They could possibly have something this year if Brian's super vague Haunted Mansion post is an indicator.

I saw that too. I wonder if he just ment the line would be good.

I think it's got to be something special and specific for the 50th anniversary considering the thread he posted it in.

Something for Fundays??
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

kappait

Postby kappait » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:09 pm

racheva wrote:
kappait wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
Respectfully I don't think Disney worries about ticket sales to D23 being affected by anything revealed at SDCC. Probably more of a bang factor. Like when they revealed the designs fro Star Wars Land previously.

Nothing Disney does or doesn't do at D23 will significantly hurt their business. Can only help. I hope the Path of the Jedi theater is a place they can put reveals about the finale. Although the current summary of all the films right now is pretty good already.

Yeah I can't see why they wouldn't want to promote at both. But they haven't in past years. I would think this year they will be there for sure.

I think the only issue would be talent. They have to secure actors and actresses for a third event in the same year, and none of them are during the pre-movie press tour. That's not to say they can't, but if they're off filming other movies, it's more difficult to have them come back in April, July, AND August.

Good point. It probably is availability. I hope they are at SDCC for obviously selfish reasons. Haha.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:24 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:
I saw that too. I wonder if he just ment the line would be good.

I think it's got to be something special and specific for the 50th anniversary considering the thread he posted it in.

Something for Fundays??

I think unlikely. Big license like that, they probably wouldn't want to make it such a low LE like the other Fundays ones.
Hi, I'm CY

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:10 pm

I tried to stop collecting SW Pops but the force keeps pulling me back. look forward to tix going on sale, i plan to be prepared
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

bluesnote

Postby bluesnote » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:16 pm

Meh. It seems like each new Star Wars movie just gets worse and worse. Only a money grab. Hopefully, the last in the trilogy will be better than the 8th movie. Can't wait for the pops!

kappait

Postby kappait » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:21 pm

kappait wrote:

Something for Fundays??

I think unlikely. Big license like that, they probably wouldn't want to make it such a low LE like the other Fundays ones.

Yeah but last years runs were mostly 800 plus because of the online boxes of fun. So it's not out of the question.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:58 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:
Something for Fundays??

Yeah but last years runs were mostly 800 plus because of the online boxes of fun. So it's not out of the question.

That's true, I feel like they have to make at least 2k units to justify the license cost, so that falls just on the high end of Fundays exclusives.
Hi, I'm CY

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:06 pm

kappait wrote:

That's true, I feel like they have to make at least 2k units to justify the license cost, so that falls just on the high end of Fundays exclusives.

Do we know what deals Funko makes with licenses or is it different for different entities ?

Like do they pay a flat fee for a license or do they also get a royalty. Would this even be a factor for these limited edition things ?
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:09 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
kappait wrote:

Do we know what deals Funko makes with licenses or is it different for different entities ?

Like do they pay a flat fee for a license or do they also get a royalty. Would this even be a factor for these limited edition things ?

It's usually a flat fee as an advance or guarantee and then royalties after they've recouped their advance. It's up to funko on how many to make, but I imagine it's based on several things like cost analysis, how well they think it'd sell, marketing etc.

The fee structure also depends on the licensor, so Disney might have a more complex plan in place with their licensees.
Hi, I'm CY

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:28 pm

Rumors on IG about 33 initial pops ?!?!?! Whaaaaaaaat?!

Time to start getting super picky - I feel bad for everyone still trying to be a completest with Star Wars. It's too much for me.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:35 pm

kappait wrote:

Especially if it's similar to last year. Weren't there some 4k runs last year?
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:40 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:

It's usually a flat fee as an advance or guarantee and then royalties after they've recouped their advance. It's up to funko on how many to make, but I imagine it's based on several things like cost analysis, how well they think it'd sell, marketing etc.

The fee structure also depends on the licensor, so Disney might have a more complex plan in place with their licensees.

I can't imagine they would care about individual run sizes all that much. The Star Wars Freddys have some small runs. As low as 96 I believe. So Disney doesn't seem to have that many restrictions.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:40 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

Not sure, but i think 2k was the highest.
Hi, I'm CY

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:44 pm

kappait wrote:

Pennywise was 4k for sure and none were seen at Fundays...
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:45 pm

kappait wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

I can't imagine they would care about individual run sizes all that much. The Star Wars Freddys have some small runs. As low as 96 I believe. So Disney doesn't seem to have that many restrictions.

Licensor restrictions would more so be related to what it looks like or where/when it's distributed/sold. Quantity kind of depends on whether funko got a blanket license for all of star wars or specific licenses to certain characters cause that factors into their cost.
Hi, I'm CY

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:46 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

Pennywise was 4k for sure and none were seen at Fundays...

Oh yeah, you're right. And it was still the 2nd most desired one besides the >20 LEs.
Hi, I'm CY

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:52 pm

kappait wrote:

Licensor restrictions would more so be related to what it looks like or where/when it's distributed/sold. Quantity kind of depends on whether funko got a blanket license for all of star wars or specific licenses to certain characters cause that factors into their cost.

Yeah it looks pretty expansive in the Star Wars line. I mean they might be doing 33 or so characters for episode 9. That's like every character in the movie. Haha.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:59 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

Yeah it looks pretty expansive in the Star Wars line. I mean they might be doing 33 or so characters for episode 9. That's like every character in the movie. Haha.

As long as one of those 33 is a revived emperor palpatine I don't care how many they make lol
Hi, I'm CY

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:00 pm

kappait wrote:

As long as one of those 33 is a revived emperor palpatine I don't care how many they make lol

He should be falling down that shaft in the box haha.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:18 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

See, I knew you secretly loved that movie the most hahaha
Hi, I'm CY

becks77

Postby becks77 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:20 pm

Both looking fwd to and nervous for the release! Star Wars has become a very difficult line to keep up with.
:freddy3: Hello, I'm Becks | Los Angeles, CA
Instagram: @west_coast_pop_n

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:32 pm

kappait wrote:

Haha. I like it just not as much as Empire. Although i'm a bit nervous about episode 9. Feels like they might just try to tap into the nostalgia vein again because episode 8 secretly sucked and nostalgia propped up episode 7. I mean the death star and the Emperor? Are they remaking Jedi??
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:36 pm

If the movie has some kind of Emperor clone and they make a pop of it I'm all in.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:39 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

Haha. I like it just not as much as Empire. Although i'm a bit nervous about episode 9. Feels like they might just try to tap into the nostalgia vein again because episode 8 secretly sucked and nostalgia propped up episode 7. I mean the death star and the Emperor? Are they remaking Jedi??

Prob, if the theory is true and that scene is of the 2nd Death Star on Endor. There was this explanation that if an object as big as the death star crashed into a planet it would through off the ecosystem so badly that the forest could turn into a desert. I need to watch The Last Jedi again..surprisingly I only watched it once.

My low key theory is that the new class of Jedis led by Rey are gonna be called skywalkers.
Hi, I'm CY

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:41 pm

kingdomcustoms wrote:I hope we get some Force Ghost Pops, I'd like to hope there will be a few of them in the film!

Agreed hoping more GITD force ghosts ! :cheers:
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:56 pm

kappait wrote:

Prob, if the theory is true and that scene is of the 2nd Death Star on Endor. There was this explanation that if an object as big as the death star crashed into a planet it would through off the ecosystem so badly that the forest could turn into a desert. I need to watch The Last Jedi again..surprisingly I only watched it once.

My low key theory is that the new class of Jedis led by Rey are gonna be called skywalkers.

Interesting. But if Rey is walking around the death star in all black and fights Kylo with the emperor watching I'm going to kill myself.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:06 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

Interesting. But if Rey is walking around the death star in all black and fights Kylo with the emperor watching I'm going to kill myself.

Well this scene already happened in the Last Jedi, including kylo betraying his master and killing him.
Hi, I'm CY

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 pm

kappait wrote:

Well this scene already happened in the Last Jedi, including kylo betraying his master and killing him.

Yeah it was a little different than empire for sure. But I can't believe they are bringing back both the death star and the emperor. They may need to just end this trilogy and try something completely different with the next 3.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:27 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

Yeah it was a little different than empire for sure. But I can't believe they are bringing back both the death star and the emperor. They may need to just end this trilogy and try something completely different with the next 3.

Yeah we'll just have to wait and see. There's got to be some kind of twist to end this series right. We'd prob have to wait another 10 years for the next set of movies anyways.
Hi, I'm CY

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:09 pm

kappait wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:Well this scene already happened in the Last Jedi, including kylo betraying his master and killing him.

Yeah we'll just have to wait and see. There's got to be some kind of twist to end this series right. We'd prob have to wait another 10 years for the next set of movies anyways.

Yeah. They need to reevaluate where they want to go with the franchise. It says a lot when Rogue One and Solo were better than the main story. I hope they figure it out for the next 3.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:03 am

Lonikins wrote:Rumors on IG about 33 initial pops ?!?!?! Whaaaaaaaat?!

Time to start getting super picky - I feel bad for everyone still trying to be a completest with Star Wars. It's too much for me.

Yep, I started focusing on Trooper variants a couple years ago for that reason. I still get the occasional non-Trooper (GITD electrocuted Vader, etc.), but focusing on a subset makes it easier to display and less stressful.
Poppin'

Return to “Pop!”