Haunted Mansion Event Madame Leota!!!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
SpastikGrl

Re: Haunted Mansion Event Madame Leota!!!

Postby SpastikGrl » Wed May 22, 2019 5:33 pm

I’m undecided If I want this one or not

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:51 pm

I want this one a lot but we’ll have to see what the resale market is on it as I won’t be able to attend.

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Wed May 22, 2019 6:29 pm

ThePoppler710 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:So according to Disney... :-k

Item #27 *

FUNKO POP! VINYL
MADAME LEOTA

Retail: $19.99
Dimensions: 4" (approximate)

Theme Park Exclusive.
Glow-in-the-Dark variant of Madame Leota
from The Haunted Mansion attraction.

* Item will debut as part of the event. Limited quantities of the item may be available based on the edition size,
and item may be available at merchandise locations subsequent to the event.

I don't know why i assumed it would be bigger lol, could you imagine a 9 inch Madame!

A massive GITD Madame would be supppper sweeeet :glasses11:
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Wed May 22, 2019 6:30 pm

I need this so bad!!!!
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Wed May 22, 2019 7:51 pm

Too rich for me.

caliwolv

Postby caliwolv » Wed May 22, 2019 8:01 pm

I can't make it to the event so I'm hoping these are available afterwards!
Pop Count: 1023
Dorbz: 93
Rock Candy: 1 (Sorry Enchantress)

millone

Postby millone » Wed May 22, 2019 8:47 pm

jedik6 wrote:
millone wrote:
N POP wrote:
Yeah, there are two dates for the event that I've seen and they are both in the middle of the week. August 7th and 8th, I believe.

I wonder what that is all about. Seems pretty tough for people that work?

Those dates are correct. They are holding the event for two nights. It's actually the 7th - the 8th and the 8th - the 9th.

As to the weeknight thing - well that's how Disney has decided to do their events. It's def inconvenient for people. But that's Disney.

I mean, its going to sell out regardless. But i just wonder who they are targeting that can go or take off in the middle of the week?

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:13 pm

millone wrote:
jedik6 wrote:
millone wrote:I wonder what that is all about. Seems pretty tough for people that work?

Those dates are correct. They are holding the event for two nights. It's actually the 7th - the 8th and the 8th - the 9th.

As to the weeknight thing - well that's how Disney has decided to do their events. It's def inconvenient for people. But that's Disney.

I mean, its going to sell out regardless. But i just wonder who they are targeting that can go or take off in the middle of the week?

Beats me. Why they repeatedly pick the middle of the week is baffling to me?
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Thu May 23, 2019 11:42 am

Crossposting..

Honestly, as much of a die hard Haunted Mansion fan I am (it is literally my favorite ride at Disneyland), I just can't justify spending $300 a head to take my family. If the pop was forsure and confirmed only available at the event, maybe I'd consider it, but eeshhh :blush: Disappointed in Disney's execution of this, TBH.

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:19 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:Crossposting..

Honestly, as much of a die hard Haunted Mansion fan I am (it is literally my favorite ride at Disneyland), I just can't justify spending $300 a head to take my family. If the pop was forsure and confirmed only available at the event, maybe I'd consider it, but eeshhh :blush: Disappointed in Disney's execution of this, TBH.

I echo this entirely. Like - fine - if you want to release a special version ONLY available at the event and it wouldn't be anywhere else afterwards - fine. I'll bite. But with the possibility of it going on sale (I think that's highly likely since Disney would be foolish NOT to release it - and take more of our $), it seems foolish of us to buy $300 tix and then see the pop turn up elsewhere after.
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Thu May 23, 2019 1:11 pm

jedik6 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:Crossposting..

I echo this entirely. Like - fine - if you want to release a special version ONLY available at the event and it wouldn't be anywhere else afterwards - fine. I'll bite. But with the possibility of it going on sale (I think that's highly likely since Disney would be foolish NOT to release it - and take more of our $), it seems foolish of us to buy $300 tix and then see the pop turn up elsewhere after.

Yepppppp #-o

Tmarie_82

Postby Tmarie_82 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:18 pm

So excited for this pop, I definitely was undecided on attending the event until today especially since I’m already a annual pass holder I think I’ll risk the wait and see if any are left after the event

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Thu May 23, 2019 1:19 pm

I'm in line right now...not sure if I'll pull the trigger but after the huge miss yesterday, I wanted to at least have the option!! lol
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Thu May 23, 2019 1:19 pm

The price tag is definitely not worth whagbis being given out. I live the haunted mansion but I can’t swing this
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

thx42

Postby thx42 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:10 pm

It's been a few hours and tickets still seem to be available, guess it might be a little bit too much for a lot of people.
Hi - my name is Kevin - I collect Funko, FiGPiNs, Tiny Ghost, Chomp, Dumpster Fires, LEGO, Hot Wheels, Disney Pins.
IG: thx42, thx42.pops, figpindb
Funko Events: HQ Grand Opening, Funkast 100 Live, Fundays 2018, Fundays 2019, Fundays 2022, Fright Night 2022, FDO 9 Seattle

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Thu May 23, 2019 3:18 pm

Nerdfulthingz wrote:I'm in line right now...not sure if I'll pull the trigger but after the huge miss yesterday, I wanted to at least have the option!! lol

I waited in line too just to see....got in and finally pulled the trigger. Did you end up getting tickets?
Hi, I'm Karyn! Nice to meet you. :-)

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Thu May 23, 2019 3:30 pm

GF and i got our tickets for the event today!!!!!!

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Thu May 23, 2019 4:25 pm

jandkstuff wrote:
Nerdfulthingz wrote:I'm in line right now...not sure if I'll pull the trigger but after the huge miss yesterday, I wanted to at least have the option!! lol

I waited in line too just to see....got in and finally pulled the trigger. Did you end up getting tickets?

Ugh, sadly no and I kinda regret it! With SDCC right around the corner this would have been really tough to pull off financially!! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time...I'm a lil jelly but super stoked for you! =D>
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Thu May 23, 2019 4:39 pm

Nerdfulthingz wrote:
jandkstuff wrote:

Ugh, sadly no and I kinda regret it! With SDCC right around the corner this would have been really tough to pull off financially!! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time...I'm a lil jelly but super stoked for you! =D>

I'm really hoping it is worth the money. Either way though, I guess it's fun to be part of a small crowd wandering Disneyland in the middle of the night. lol

Also, I can't believe tickets are still available! There were almost 2000 people in the queue before me. So, either the attendance is going to be a lot larger than we thought or people kept backing out when it came time to pay.

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:53 pm

jandkstuff wrote:
Nerdfulthingz wrote:
jandkstuff wrote:

I'm really hoping it is worth the money. Either way though, I guess it's fun to be part of a small crowd wandering Disneyland in the middle of the night. lol

Also, I can't believe tickets are still available! There were almost 2000 people in the queue before me. So, either the attendance is going to be a lot larger than we thought or people kept backing out when it came time to pay.

You have to take pics if anyone falls asleep - I'm guessing someone will. I would if I went. Lol.

You will have fun. Hopefully you get Leota. I wish they'd have picked different days/times. Middle of the week is not so conducive for me. Plus, I can't do Disneyland from 1am - 4am. I'll wait and hope they'll be leftover Leotas.
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Thu May 23, 2019 5:21 pm

jedik6 wrote:
jandkstuff wrote:
Nerdfulthingz wrote:

You have to take pics if anyone falls asleep - I'm guessing someone will. I would if I went. Lol.

You will have fun. Hopefully you get Leota. I wish they'd have picked different days/times. Middle of the week is not so conducive for me. Plus, I can't do Disneyland from 1am - 4am. I'll wait and hope they'll be leftover Leotas.

I'm not going to lie, this one is going to be tough. I'll probably drive down that day (6 hours from AZ) and then load up on coffee.

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:47 pm

jandkstuff wrote:
jedik6 wrote:
jandkstuff wrote:

I'm not going to lie, this one is going to be tough. I'll probably drive down that day (6 hours from AZ) and then load up on coffee.

Be safe and safe travels. Good luck on your pick-ups merch wise.
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:30 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:
ThePoppler710 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:So according to Disney... :-k

Item #27 *

FUNKO POP! VINYL
MADAME LEOTA

Retail: $19.99
Dimensions: 4" (approximate)

Theme Park Exclusive.
Glow-in-the-Dark variant of Madame Leota
from The Haunted Mansion attraction.

* Item will debut as part of the event. Limited quantities of the item may be available based on the edition size,
and item may be available at merchandise locations subsequent to the event.

I don't know why i assumed it would be bigger lol, could you imagine a 9 inch Madame!

Yes I want to see this as a 10"
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:31 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:
ThePoppler710 wrote:

Yes I want to see this as a 10"

So massive that it is made with real glass lol
Stay On The Good Vibes!!!

ISO Right Now: The OG Toy Story Line, Mr. Krabs, The Hobbit, and Benson from The Regular Show (will get crazier as years pass)
Current Top 3:Leonardo SpongeBob & Shredder Plankton 2014 SDCC, Fry and Leela 2015 NYCC, Freddy Funko Pennywise
Current Goal: Make it to my first Funko Fundays!

lrdavis28

Postby lrdavis28 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:34 pm

really want this so hoping it goes up online
call me LD

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:38 pm

jandkstuff wrote:
Nerdfulthingz wrote:
jandkstuff wrote:

I was surprised about this too, I was 1600 in line and the message before I got pulled into registration was that there were still 80% of the tickets left. I definitely think the price kept a lot of people away, especially since there aren’t a lot of extras that come with the price. Still, I couldn’t miss this event, I am a huge Haunted Mansion fan.
Image Image

lrdavis28

Postby lrdavis28 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:39 pm

really want this so hoping it goes up online
call me LD

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:40 pm

jenjen wrote:Too rich for me.

Same here. Con season is approaching fast and spending $300 for an event is too rich for my blood
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:45 pm

I'm not sure I can attend D23 Expo this year, still deciding.

Funko_Phan26

Postby Funko_Phan26 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:58 am

blue85butterfly wrote:
Funko_Phan26 wrote:This is a really cool pop! Love the design and the sculpt. I just have a feeling flippers are going to go crazy over this one. I can just see the posts now... "$300 ticket, plus my time, plus shipping....$1 million dollars!" smh.

But still a really awesome pop and I can't wait to see what other park themed pops they release!

im tempted to go to the event i live close buy but is it worth is 4 hours in park overnight?

only you can determine that. probably the best chance you have to get the pop at "retail" if its one you really want.
:freddy3:
[ig]https://www.instagram.com/funko_phan26/[/ig]

Fundays 2022, Blacklight Battle
Fright Night II NYCC 2022
FOTW 2/24/18
FOTW 11/30/22

ISO: Black Panther Protos Rick and Morty Mystery Mini Protos.
Been collecting since 2016. FoTW Feb 2018. Check out my toy photography on Instagram!

hallowken78

Postby hallowken78 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:12 am

The $300 for the event is a lot, but the real blow is the amount of money you're going to spend on merch. The Leota pop is going to be an afterthought for many of the folks attending this event. There is some very expensive and limited merch going up for grabs. I wish I could do it, but I can't trust myself not to get caught in the moment and spend thousands lol.

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:48 am

Funko_Phan26 wrote:
blue85butterfly wrote:
Funko_Phan26 wrote:This is a really cool pop! Love the design and the sculpt. I just have a feeling flippers are going to go crazy over this one. I can just see the posts now... "$300 ticket, plus my time, plus shipping....$1 million dollars!" smh.

But still a really awesome pop and I can't wait to see what other park themed pops they release!

im tempted to go to the event i live close buy but is it worth is 4 hours in park overnight?

only you can determine that. probably the best chance you have to get the pop at "retail" if its one you really want.

Spending $300 to go to the event just to purchase it at retail you are better off paying eBay prices cuz it will be cheaper than $300 lol
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Fri May 24, 2019 11:08 am

Mjacob78 wrote:
Funko_Phan26 wrote:
blue85butterfly wrote:

Spending $300 to go to the event just to purchase it at retail you are better off paying eBay prices cuz it will be cheaper than $300 lol

That's my thought. Definitely watching eBay.

blue85butterfly

Postby blue85butterfly » Fri May 24, 2019 12:01 pm

Funko_Phan26 wrote:
blue85butterfly wrote:

True or trade for an item I want ^^

blue85butterfly

Postby blue85butterfly » Fri May 24, 2019 12:02 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:
Mjacob78 wrote:
Funko_Phan26 wrote:

That's my thought. Definitely watching eBay.

It might it might not either way could be fun.

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:08 pm

ThePoppler710 wrote:
pberickp wrote:It is a really cool POP! Definitely hope there are some available after the event as $300 to get into the park just for a chance to get the POP! is a little extreme. I like the POP! but not that much.

Get in for $300, sell for $350 lol (for real though i hope that doesn't happen)

:roflmao:

For real!

this worries me, but the same time, happy to say I am going to the event.
Collecting since 2010

..I like to take photos of anything...

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funko Hollywood's Sid and Marty Krofft
Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Instagram: Euphoria Imaging

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:27 pm

hallowken78 wrote:The $300 for the event is a lot, but the real blow is the amount of money you're going to spend on merch. The Leota pop is going to be an afterthought for many of the folks attending this event. There is some very expensive and limited merch going up for grabs. I wish I could do it, but I can't trust myself not to get caught in the moment and spend thousands lol.

Exactly, there are many folk she who only collect Haunted Mansion Items and even if they don't know what a Funko pop,is, will buy it because it fits into their HM collection.these are the people who,will pay the $300 to go to this event, not your average Funko collector.

I am a huge Disney collector of things not even Funko, in addition to to Funko, but won't go to this event due to the $300 my only hope is friends who are attending, or eBay. And perhaps if any are left over them being released in the park at a later date. \:D/ \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Fri May 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Although I was hesitant to pull the trigger to buy the tickets I finally did and my husband and I are going. I only partly understand the comments that $300 for an event is a lot only to have a chance at some of the items. We thought so too until we really broke it down. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than going to San Diego for SDCC and Fundays. Also, I thought the same way before attending my first Fundays and ended up realizing it was worth every penny. Hoping this turns out to be the same but won't know until I try it. :-)

Good luck to everyone who is hoping to add a Madame Leota to their collection. I can't wait to see the final product.

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Fri May 24, 2019 1:26 pm

jandkstuff wrote:Although I was hesitant to pull the trigger to buy the tickets I finally did and my husband and I are going. I only partly understand the comments that $300 for an event is a lot only to have a chance at some of the items. We thought so too until we really broke it down. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than going to San Diego for SDCC and Fundays. Also, I thought the same way before attending my first Fundays and ended up realizing it was worth every penny. Hoping this turns out to be the same but won't know until I try it. :-)

Good luck to everyone who is hoping to add a Madame Leota to their collection. I can't wait to see the final product.

Hope you get the pop! [-o< =D> Can't wait to see it :glasses2:

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Fri May 24, 2019 2:07 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:
jandkstuff wrote:Although I was hesitant to pull the trigger to buy the tickets I finally did and my husband and I are going. I only partly understand the comments that $300 for an event is a lot only to have a chance at some of the items. We thought so too until we really broke it down. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than going to San Diego for SDCC and Fundays. Also, I thought the same way before attending my first Fundays and ended up realizing it was worth every penny. Hoping this turns out to be the same but won't know until I try it. :-)

Hope you get the pop! [-o< =D> Can't wait to see it :glasses2:

Thank you. I'm sure I'll be posting pics all over the place. :-)

Return to “Pop!”