Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Most cherished Con Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
jwrivera27

Re: Most cherished Con Pop

Postby jwrivera27 » Tue May 21, 2024 10:39 am

Rcmal1 wrote:What is everyone's favorite / most cherished Pop that they collected at a Convention you attended?

Bonus question, what is one other item that you collected besides a Pop (maybe something else from Funko or any exclusive) that you still think back fondly on.

For me...

Pop: I love my collection Conan Pops and think that they were a perfect way to celebrate SDCC.

Other: During the Deadpool Hall H event they put in bathroom toilet covers that were Deadpool themed. My friends and I managed to get some and that is framed in my bathroom at home. Makes me laugh every time I see it.

So recently at every convention I've gone to I have bought the Freddy Funko that has a theme associated with the convention and I make it my mission to get it signed and personalized to me by Mike Becker..So far I have 4 signatures from 2022 SDCC/NYCC & 2023 SDCC/NYCC. They have quickly become some of my favorite pops in my collection...If I understood how to post images here I would show everyone because I'm super proud of it \:D/
ImageImageImage

Admin of Funko NFT BST :freddy2:

Attended

Fright Night 2022
Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022 - Pop Protectors
Camp Fundays 2023 - Funamuck Bears

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue May 21, 2024 11:21 am

jwrivera27 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:What is everyone's favorite / most cherished Pop that they collected at a Convention you attended?

Bonus question, what is one other item that you collected besides a Pop (maybe something else from Funko or any exclusive) that you still think back fondly on.

For me...

Pop: I love my collection Conan Pops and think that they were a perfect way to celebrate SDCC.

Other: During the Deadpool Hall H event they put in bathroom toilet covers that were Deadpool themed. My friends and I managed to get some and that is framed in my bathroom at home. Makes me laugh every time I see it.

So recently at every convention I've gone to I have bought the Freddy Funko that has a theme associated with the convention and I make it my mission to get it signed and personalized to me by Mike Becker..So far I have 4 signatures from 2022 SDCC/NYCC & 2023 SDCC/NYCC. They have quickly become some of my favorite pops in my collection...If I understood how to post images here I would show everyone because I'm super proud of it \:D/

I really like that idea. I met someone at NYCC and they had a Travel Freddy, they were getting it signed by everyone they met. I thought that was a really fun idea.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

jwrivera27

Postby jwrivera27 » Tue May 21, 2024 1:51 pm

NCDS wrote:
jwrivera27 wrote:

For me...

I really like that idea. I met someone at NYCC and they had a Travel Freddy, they were getting it signed by everyone they met. I thought that was a really fun idea.

Thank you and I welcome you to do it yourself! It's always an adventure trying to find Mike during the chaos that is NYCC/SDCC....I find it's a bit harder at SDCC due to the sheer size of the convention. SDCC 2022 I saw Mike outside after the Hall H Panel and got a quick signature. During SDCC 2023 I wasn't able to get a signature from Mike but I manage to get one from Brian....I later took that Pop to NYCC 2023 and had Mike sign it there!! Way easier to have a personal interaction with Mike at NYCC I feel.
ImageImageImage

Admin of Funko NFT BST :freddy2:

Attended

Fright Night 2022
Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022 - Pop Protectors
Camp Fundays 2023 - Funamuck Bears

Jeeves

Postby Jeeves » Wed May 22, 2024 2:56 am

Lakerfan75 wrote:My favorite is a recent one. I was able to go to Wondercon and won the lottery to Mike’s signing. During the signing, he gave me a Hall H Freddy and signed that one as well. I was looking at getting that one, as I am a big SDCC fan, but didn’t get to attend the panel where they gave it away originally. Really cool for him to do that.

YEEEESSSSSS!!!

My family and I attended the SDCC Funko panel in Hall H, and we were flabbergasted when the gift pops were announced. Then when we picked them up at the Hyatt, we ran into Mike Becker and Gabriel Iglesias outside, and Mike graciously signed them for us. They are our most cherished pops of all!! Such wonderful memories. I hope Funko does another panel this year!! [-o<
Want to see the FUNNIEST anime EVER created? Watch Sgt. Frog: https://archive.org/details/sgtfrogfunimation
You’ll thank me later!! lol

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Wed May 22, 2024 8:05 am

I have a few. But prob my con pops as it took a lot of leg work. I’m referring to flocked Beerus and gold chrome Vegeta. My bumblebee hikari (I know it’s not a pop but it came from fundays!), etc. stuff I had to physically obtain vs buy online.

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Wed May 22, 2024 9:09 am

There’s a lot honestly lol buttttt 2015 SDCC Regina from Once Upon a Time will always hold a special place in my heart and I could never get rid of it. My husband gifted it to me that year for my birthday (first one we celebrated together) :)
Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed May 22, 2024 10:25 am

Some of y'all got some beastly grails!

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed May 22, 2024 1:11 pm

jwrivera27 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
jwrivera27 wrote:

Thank you and I welcome you to do it yourself! It's always an adventure trying to find Mike during the chaos that is NYCC/SDCC....I find it's a bit harder at SDCC due to the sheer size of the convention. SDCC 2022 I saw Mike outside after the Hall H Panel and got a quick signature. During SDCC 2023 I wasn't able to get a signature from Mike but I manage to get one from Brian....I later took that Pop to NYCC 2023 and had Mike sign it there!! Way easier to have a personal interaction with Mike at NYCC I feel.

Oh that is an awesome idea!

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed May 22, 2024 4:38 pm

Since I'm almost complete with this line, of course my story involves a SW pop:

My most cherished pop is Freddy Funko as Holographic Anakin Skywalker that I traded my Freddy Funko as Captain America Metallic (LE 250) while at Fundays. After we all learned the Captain wasn't really a LE 250, I offered to undo the trade. This amazing Funatic declined. To this day I feel I don't have the correct words to express my gratitude.
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

omarwinkie

Postby omarwinkie » Wed May 22, 2024 11:26 pm

My SDCC Pete Puma

biedermann15

Postby biedermann15 » Wed May 22, 2024 11:37 pm

The Glow in the Dark Anakin is our recent favorite. Trying to get it eventually signed by Hayden Christenson one day.

biedermann15

Postby biedermann15 » Wed May 22, 2024 11:42 pm

Richard822 wrote:I think my most cherished is my Franny or Freddy as pilot since I’m more of a aviation person :freddy2:

Those are definitely amazing and my son's favorite!

haw1577

Postby haw1577 » Thu May 23, 2024 1:09 am

Wondercon Gelatiounious Cube and Eustass Kid

Gvs1989

Postby Gvs1989 » Thu May 23, 2024 10:13 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Gvs1989 wrote:I have a few, but Super Daffy Duck takes the first spot, I remember going for it back when it dropped online, heart racing, sweating that drop went out of stock in about seconds. But at the end that email came through and it arrived!

Didn't even know he dropped online. Though I wasn't collecting back then

It was crazy, that year they dropped two by the hour on Saturday if I remember well, instead of all at the same time. But even then I was sweating and trembling after I manage to get it

Jeeves

Postby Jeeves » Fri May 24, 2024 2:26 am

jwrivera27 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
jwrivera27 wrote:

I remember Mike manned the Funko Pop-Up booth at SDCC one year, and sometimes he’ll appear on the rooftop lounge in Funkoville and people will throw pops to him to sign, and he’ll toss them back into the crowd. I’d be freaking out, worried that the box might get dented, or worse, the wrong person would wind up catching with my pop. XD
Want to see the FUNNIEST anime EVER created? Watch Sgt. Frog: https://archive.org/details/sgtfrogfunimation
You’ll thank me later!! lol

Beastywolf

Postby Beastywolf » Fri May 24, 2024 2:29 am

Random but my favorite has to be the Freedy Ranger that was given out last year for fundays it was my first fundays and it really catches the spirit of the event that year.

ghost_yamasaki

Postby ghost_yamasaki » Fri May 24, 2024 4:20 am

It the blue otter pop LE for me. SDCC 2019
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ISO: Con LE Exclusives | All Freddys | Iron Maiden Protos | Always trading, so PM me |

IG: @cometlodgecollectibles | aka: asianlukecage

Panda

Postby Panda » Fri May 24, 2024 5:43 pm

I def cherish my PA Vegeta from NYCC

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri May 24, 2024 7:06 pm

For me the glow in the dark boo berry
from fundays
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Labackpacker007

Postby Labackpacker007 » Wed May 29, 2024 8:15 am

trzadrake wrote:My most cherished is Freddy Funko as The Dude from fundays. I was very fortunate to attend and get it. No way I could afford it on the secondary market.

One of my favorite non-Funko merch purchases at SDCC was a talking KITT got where from Knight Rider. Except they weren't all KITT, some were KARR, the evil version of KITT. I got two and no one knew they were being released.

Wow. You are extremely fortunate.
Longtime SDCC attendee and volunteer (since before it moved from the U.S. Grant). Also, charter D23 member and D23 Expo attendee. Looking forward to D23 2024 & SDCC2024. My family and I have attempted to attend Funko Fundays every year but have so far been unsuccessful in our quest.
Please don’t suggest joining Cop-a-Pop. We’re not into cheating or line-cutting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Labackpacker007

Postby Labackpacker007 » Wed May 29, 2024 8:33 am

Prime_Pops wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:

That is so cool. Funko's one panel at SDCC was super cool and we got some Pops at the end.

I've heard crazy stuff about waiting in the hall all night for those panels at SDCC. Not sure if I would do that but never know.

People camp out in line overnight for Hall H, and then once they get inside, SDCC doesn’t clear rooms between panels, so they never leave their seats (SDCC officially has a “no holding seats” policy, but I’ve never seen it enforced). Unfortunately, this can have unexpected consequences, especially when a really popular panel is scheduled at the end of the day, as Funko’s panel was. Like the time Firefly had a reunion panel scheduled at the end of the day in Ballroom 20, and thousands of Browncoats took over the room all day long, preventing fans of other shows from attending all the panels scheduled prior to it. I remember the Avatar: The Last Airbender panel planned a special surprise for their fans. They asked all of the kids in the audience to cheer so that they could dub it in as part of the soundtrack for a special episode, and when the voice acting director yelled “action,” you could literally hear a pin drop, because there wasn’t a single child in the audience for a children’s show. It was so sad. If only the scheduler had moved the Firefly panel to first panel of the day or if SDCC would start clearing to rooms between panels, (although that’s tough on fans who want to see multiple panels), a lot of heartache could’ve been avoided.
Longtime SDCC attendee and volunteer (since before it moved from the U.S. Grant). Also, charter D23 member and D23 Expo attendee. Looking forward to D23 2024 & SDCC2024. My family and I have attempted to attend Funko Fundays every year but have so far been unsuccessful in our quest.
Please don’t suggest joining Cop-a-Pop. We’re not into cheating or line-cutting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed May 29, 2024 12:57 pm

Labackpacker007 wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
That is so cool. Funko's one panel at SDCC was super cool and we got some Pops at the end.

I've heard crazy stuff about waiting in the hall all night for those panels at SDCC. Not sure if I would do that but never know.

People camp out in line overnight for Hall H, and then once they get inside, SDCC doesn’t clear rooms between panels, so they never leave their seats (SDCC officially has a “no holding seats” policy, but I’ve never seen it enforced). Unfortunately, this can have unexpected consequences, especially when a really popular panel is scheduled at the end of the day, as Funko’s panel was. Like the time Firefly had a reunion panel scheduled at the end of the day in Ballroom 20, and thousands of Browncoats took over the room all day long, preventing fans of other shows from attending all the panels scheduled prior to it. I remember the Avatar: The Last Airbender panel planned a special surprise for their fans. They asked all of the kids in the audience to cheer so that they could dub it in as part of the soundtrack for a special episode, and when the voice acting director yelled “action,” you could literally hear a pin drop, because there wasn’t a single child in the audience for a children’s show. It was so sad. If only the scheduler had moved the Firefly panel to first panel of the day or if SDCC would start clearing to rooms between panels, (although that’s tough on fans who want to see multiple panels), a lot of heartache could’ve been avoided.

IMHO clearing out the panels is a terrible idea. There is never going to be a perfect solution to scheduling or anything but the SDCC team does a great job. If you are willing to put in the time and effort you may have to stay through a bad panels but you will get what you want. Heartache is just part of the Con experience, people just need to prioritize what they want and realize they arent going to get everything.

Flatt

Postby Flatt » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:03 pm

evanaki424 wrote:
Flatt wrote:
evanaki424 wrote:Can you point me in their direction?

thatta way. --->

Got it. Thanks. Here I goooooooooo

How'd things go over there?
*sat back to see if you broke the ice before I try and go*

Flatt

Postby Flatt » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:10 pm

evanaki424 wrote:
Flatt wrote:
evanaki424 wrote:Can you point me in their direction?

thatta way. --->

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:23 pm

I love all the Mindstyle and Pop Asias I find at SDCC each year. I wish we had access to more of them.

My favorite are the Wu Shi as it has a personal connection for me. I gifted my friend, who was in a lion dance team with me in college, one of my Wu Shi and even she tells me she cherishes it so much.
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

Nihil

Postby Nihil » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:44 pm

For me...

Same thing, getting the Conan pops were my favorite Funko takeaways from SDCC. Especially the year I got the Pennywise Conan signed by Bill Hader and James McAvoy.

As for non Funko, I really loved the Hall H Marvel Guardians and Ragnarok posters which are currently hanging in my office.
Funatic from Philadelphia. Nicolas Cage Super Fan.

GimmeFunkoNow

Postby GimmeFunkoNow » Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:27 am

My first one. Red Eyes Freiza

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:18 am

o2thedbld5 wrote:I love all the Mindstyle and Pop Asias I find at SDCC each year. I wish we had access to more of them.

My favorite are the Wu Shi as it has a personal connection for me. I gifted my friend, who was in a lion dance team with me in college, one of my Wu Shi and even she tells me she cherishes it so much.

We have limited access to it because it's Asia exclusive. Kinda make sense that these are primarily available in Asia only. Though if you think about it most of them is just color variations
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:06 am

My most cherished con pops are the Ricochet Rabbits from NYCC 2015. It was my first con and first Funko booth visit. I had no idea what Hanna Barbera was but I wanted these cute rabbits. Limited to 300 pieces, I never thought that I had a chance. To my shock, they were still available when it was my turn. To this day they still remind me of my first con/Funko booth visit, the friends that I met there and what would lead to many many more cons.
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

evanaki424

Postby evanaki424 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:36 am

Flatt wrote:
evanaki424 wrote:
Flatt wrote:
thatta way. --->

Eerily quiet?

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:46 am

Cat/Dog Flocked as it was my first time being able to stand in line for the Funko line. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:05 am

Nihil wrote:

For me...

Same thing, getting the Conan pops were my favorite Funko takeaways from SDCC. Especially the year I got the Pennywise Conan signed by Bill Hader and James McAvoy.

As for non Funko, I really loved the Hall H Marvel Guardians and Ragnarok posters which are currently hanging in my office.

I had a really good friend get my Pennywise Conan signed as well... It was nice of him!

Return to “Pop!”