New collector: curious question

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
joshua_s4

Postby joshua_s4 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:41 pm

Hey everyone, I'm a brand new collector and have been reading the forums for awhile now. Everyone here seems awesome. It started off a Christmas present from last year as I got the Joker pop from my brother. Nothing special, and I put in my office for show. Slowly and surely I became addicted. I'm up to 35 as of right now, like I said slowly. lol There aren't many places in San Antonio where I can find them besides the Disney Store, B&N, or random comic book shops around town. But I check and check and check. So my question is

How much have you, or willing to spend on a single POP?

I'm curious to see if I'm crazy to overspend on a specific POP on eBay or different websites. And yes I am referring to Thor, Loki, and the golden Loki!

Everyone thank you for making me feel like I have a community where I can feel comfortable to say that I love POP! Have a good one!
- Josh

I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

twitter @joshsandoval
Instagram!: joshsandoval13

Team Texas!

Shiggity30

Re: New collector: curious question

Postby Shiggity30 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Most I have spent is $60 but that was for a proto! Reg pop has been $20!
Jeffery

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Most I have spent is $60 each for glow mike W and Flocked Sulley. that's including shipping too! Amazing deal on those from Eddie! My Boo was $45 total with shipping... And I bought half of my star Wars ones locally for $15 each. The rest has worked out at about $12.50 each from online. Only exclusives I've paid more than retail were the two from Eddie, but he was awesome and lucky to get all of this years ones for me at the con and the only others I have are flocked Gizmo and Chewy that I got for $15 each. Oh! I did pay $30 for my Shadowtrooper though. Including shipping. Forgot about him.

I you wants whilst Thor and Loki I'm pretty sure Popcultcha.com.au still has both for $15 each. And if you're in the US you should be able to have both shipped for just under $50.
Last edited by sophie_dee11 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JJMITMAN

Postby JJMITMAN » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:03 pm

I spent 100 on the Boo/Sulley SDCC combo pack. And have spent 45-50 each on the Flocked Sulley and Glow Mike from last year. Outside of those I haven't went about $30 for any of the pops I have, and haven't spent more than $15 for any regular pop. I know one board member here has the whole 16 piece Marvel set for $240 shipped I believe. Check out the collector's sales and trade section. Good luck and welcome to the addiction!

See here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31518
Jesse.

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:42 pm

well i'm willing to spend quite a bit, if the pop is worth it. i wouldn't expect someone to give me a 1/12 or even a 1/96 for $30. (but if anyone is up to doing that sorta thing, we should talk!) personally, i haven't gotten that deep into the game yet. i've mostly spent little amounts of money on a large number of items -- playing catch-up first. then i can go back and track down the harder-to-find things.

that said, i honestly can't recall most i've spent on a single pop. it would definitely be the chases though. freddy krueger was about $40 or so. joker and robin were like $45 each. i feel like chase error batman was probably my most expensive pickup, but i don't remember what i paid for him. $65? probably blocked it out.

i'd say, the point is, there is certainly a line where it does become a little crazy. and if you're just using ebay as a price guide, that line is probably a bit skewed against your favor. but once you start posting on here, the definition of "crazy" becomes a bit fuzzy.

LakeBender

Postby LakeBender » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:06 pm

I am sad to say $275.00 is my highest and will probably end up spending $300.00 for the Black & White Freddy before the end of the month. I try not to think about it though...cause it makes me a little nauseous.
Just call me Joe.

Most Wanted: Freddy Pop! 2011 -12 piece ones except Monkey

sclarke03
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby sclarke03 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:01 pm

A bunch of Clock Work Orange pops (unreleased set of 12, signed by Brian), sold for well over $500 a couple months of ago. Not all pops are created equally. If you have a question about a value of a particular piece, it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask here first for some opinions.
Steve

WANTED: Purple Tuxedo Freddy!!!!

mindblowin02
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby mindblowin02 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:12 pm

I've spent $160 on a pop and $200 on a wobbler

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Ok the most I seen one go for is Clockwork Orange Pop for right under $1000 and several over 200 but it depends what your collecting. Many people here only buy 10-15 Pop's that is what makes this place great, nobody judges or it's not a contest. We all love Funko and not everyone can spend crazy money. I don't do much pop but I am happy with what I have. Collect what makes you happy, at one time I could not believe what people spend on toys but that ship has sailed.
Last edited by Reverend on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

joshua_s4

Postby joshua_s4 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks everyone for the responses. Didn't know if I was going to be overpaying for anything. But I'm glad I can come here and share all my new POPS with peope who care! lol
- Josh

I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

twitter @joshsandoval
Instagram!: joshsandoval13

Team Texas!

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:08 pm

I think ive spent around $150 for a pop proto. I haven't really spent much for production pieces. I think 175 is what I paid for for a wobbler proto.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

jonness

Postby jonness » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:14 pm

$225 is my highest. It was for my Batman Prototype. Depends what you really like!
Hi, I'm Jon.
I know there's a lot of new members here over the past few years so...
Breaking our ice with: Batman Beyond is my #1
Instagram: jonness_jcp

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:31 pm

I spent 115 for sulley boo combo and 150 for two 1/96 freddys. Totally worth it
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

frostiebear

Postby frostiebear » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:59 am

Spent 115 for Sulley & Boo combo as well. Im sure in the futures I may spend more. Like a few people have said, all depends on what you feel is worth it.

Return to “Pop!”