Metallic Sorcerer Mickey and Chernabog?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
sbob

Postby sbob » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:58 pm

Hey guys, I'm a lurker that's building up my collection. I just wanted to see what some others' opinions are on my most recent acquisition. Got metallic Sorcerer Mickey and Chernabog off of an eBay seller with perfect feedback, but when I took Chernabog out of the box his head is a completely different colour than his body. As you can see in the picture attached, it is almost silver. I understand some metallics fade, but his is this color all over. What was also weird is that the box says "Based on the 'Winnie the Pooh' works, by A.A. Milne and E.H. Shepard." The box looks legit in every other way, even has the SDCC exclusive sticker on the front, but these things (as well as Mickey having dried glue on the bottom of his feet) make me wonder if I got a fake or perhaps a display item? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Re: Metallic Sorcerer Mickey and Chernabog?

Postby edorice » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Let's see the picture of the box where it references Winnie the Pooh. This is definitely a defect. The seller may not have even noticed. They wouldn't have had time to may the item fade unless he/she had it on their dashboard on the way back from Comic Con.

singerguy04

Postby singerguy04 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:07 pm

My Chernabog has similar coloring, so I think it's just a paint thing. I got my set from Gemini which is probably the most reliable retailer next to getting something from Funko directly.

The box probably just copy and pastes all the print from one box to the next. Since the series that these two come from contains Tigger, that's why it has the label giving credit to AA Milne.
I'm Jeffrey!
IN SEARCH OF: SDCC '15 - Rapunzel w/Frying Pan, Flame Anger, Both Baymax, Regina
NYCC '15 - Blue Mater, Flocked Stitch

sbob

Postby sbob » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:08 pm

The seller said they put it in a box straight from Comic Con, had their flight home, took it out to take pictures and then repackaged it to send to me, so no time spent displaying it. I've attached the image of the box. Thanks for the fast reply!

sbob

Postby sbob » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:11 pm

singerguy04 wrote:My Chernabog has similar coloring, so I think it's just a paint thing. I got my set from Gemini which is probably the most reliable retailer next to getting something from Funko directly.

The box probably just copy and pastes all the print from one box to the next. Since the series that these two come from contains Tigger, that's why it has the label giving credit to AA Milne.

Ah, thanks for letting me know about the paint thing, that makes me feel better. Does your box say the same thing?

singerguy04

Postby singerguy04 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:45 pm

I'm away from home right now till the 16th, so I'm not going to be able to check. I'm 99.99999% sure though that you have nothing to worry about. That script appears on every box in Series 4.
I'm Jeffrey!
IN SEARCH OF: SDCC '15 - Rapunzel w/Frying Pan, Flame Anger, Both Baymax, Regina
NYCC '15 - Blue Mater, Flocked Stitch

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Mine is like that too.
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

edorice

Postby edorice » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:59 pm

I took my metallic Chernabog out of the box for one day. Once I got the regular one from the Disney Store I displayed that one instead. Sorry for the faded paint job, I don't think the seller/flipper had any idea.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah, your product is fine, straight from Funko's vault. Leave the seller alone and stop causing him/her grief. People...
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:25 pm

My Chernabog is like that too. Just the paint I think.

FunkoH

Postby FunkoH » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:26 pm

It looks airbrushed.
Heili aka FunkoH

Return to “Pop!”