Common Stores to Find Chases?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Nightwing84

Common Stores to Find Chases?

Postby Nightwing84 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi guys! So I've searched the forum quite a bit, I apologize if this is too much of a "newbie" question or something that should be obvious...

I was curious as to whether there were any particular stores where people seem to have more luck finding chases than others? Like Barnes & Noble, HT, etc. I know it's probably hard to narrow it down, since it's also down to the foot traffic in the area and whether employees get them before they make it to the floor, etc. Like I said, I was just curious if there are some stores that seem to be "luckier" than others.

On that note, are the DC chases just as "easy" (I use that term loosely) to find as they've always been? (other than retired figures, of course.)

The only chase I've ever seen in the wild was a Freddy Krueger when I was in Canada. I already had the regular Freddy, and that chase just didn't "do" anything for me. On top of that...the box was pretty wrecked, so I figured I might as well just leave it there for someone else who would possibly want it.
Looking for:
Chase Robin
Chase Wonder Woman
Chase Batgirl

Error Batman
The Riddler
The Penguin
Two Face

gyrofx
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Re: Common Stores to Find Chases?

Postby gyrofx » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:12 pm

you should have bought it and put FK in your own box and transfer the sticker. If it was the FK chase, it would have been the Glow chase right?

I don't think any one place is better than other. I suppose places that have a good POP traffic to their store are more likely to receive Chases but you better hope you're lucky to be there when it's displayed. As more people learn about Pops and chases, you're going to find next to nothing since people will snatch it up with the quickness. I've only found 1 chase wobbler at HT and a batman POP chase at Fry's Electronics.
Name: Charles

Nightwing84

Postby Nightwing84 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:17 pm

I guess I should have. Live and learn, I guess! Yeah, it was the GITD Freddy Krueger. Well like I said...it's a good thing I didn't get him I guess, since he's not one of my favorite chases and hopefully he got snatched up by someone who really wanted him.
Looking for:
Chase Robin
Chase Wonder Woman
Chase Batgirl

Error Batman
The Riddler
The Penguin
Two Face

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:19 pm

It all depends on the stock I would say. If you can find one of the B and Ns or HTs that carry DCs, Horrors and Musics theres always a chance to find some chase there. But most of the B and N's aren't getting new stock of older pieces.

Most of my finds do come from B and N though and they've been DC Universe pieces or Kiss music pieces. I would say try Frys electronics, but I dont think there is a Frys where you live.

Another suggestion is to get familiar with your local comic shops. Alot of the comic shops carry the pop. Although, they typically understand what a chase is and could very well mark up the prices on the pieces.

Regarding the DC Chases...I wouldn't say they are easy. Its just that particular pieces such as Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Batman are still being produced regularly because they are so popular. So every case of 36 SHOULD have at least one chase in there. And DC Universe I believe is currently the POP line that contains the most chases in it. The music line should be second or maybe tied for first? Then horror chases.

Nightwing84

Postby Nightwing84 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Thank you! That was actually a big help. I hate to ask something that is probably common knowledge, but I didn't see it around...in the case of DC Universe, I know Riddler and Penguin are retired, and of course are hard/impossible to find in any stores like the local B&N. Can I assume that the figures that are still in stores like Robin, Batgirl, Joker, etc. are all still in production, or are those all just from older productions and so many were made that they are just still widely available?

I mean...I will snatch up any DC chase I see, but I am mainly trying to keep my eyes open for Robin or Wonder Woman, since I like the looks of the chase more than the regular figure in those instances.

Thanks for all of the great responses!
Looking for:
Chase Robin
Chase Wonder Woman
Chase Batgirl

Error Batman
The Riddler
The Penguin
Two Face

Molaxes

Postby Molaxes » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Ive found several DC Chase pieces at Hot Topic.
Erick.
Shoutout to MyLittleFunkos for making my awesome siggy

dmartin

Postby dmartin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:54 pm

Molaxes wrote:Ive found several DC Chase pieces at Hot Topic.

Share the wealth? I think I've been two 10 different hot topics and continually go back to the local ones never seen a chase..as a matter of fact it seems like the same pops are always there
David

Molaxes

Postby Molaxes » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:47 pm

dmartin wrote:Share the wealth? I think I've been two 10 different hot topics and continually go back to the local ones never seen a chase..as a matter of fact it seems like the same pops are always there

That sure is a lot of Hot Topics haha, for some reason my two local Hot Topics tend to change their Pop stock very frequently. It might be the area, I do see people buying loads of Pops every once in a while.
Erick.

whytam

Postby whytam » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:53 pm

is there any chance there might be chase over a internet order?

dmartin

Postby dmartin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:59 pm

Molaxes wrote:
dmartin wrote:Share the wealth? I think I've been two 10 different hot topics and continually go back to the local ones never seen a chase..as a matter of fact it seems like the same pops are always there

That sure is a lot of Hot Topics haha, for some reason my two local Hot Topics tend to change their Pop stock very frequently. It might be the area, I do see people buying loads of Pops every once in a while.

Well if you come across anymore dc chase let me know
David

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:22 am

I believe Robin, Batgirl, and Joker are still in production so they should follow the 1 chase per 36 in a case rule. Wonder Woman should be a breeze. Ive found her twice and I know she is not retired for sure. I have only found one Robin and One Joker. But like i said I do still believe all those that you have mentioned are in production still.

HT, i havent had any luck with pop chases. Scored some BBT wobblers though.

Whytam, yes it is possible to get a random chase via internet purchases. Happened to a few members here last year. Heard of some chase riddlers and penguins via b and n online orders! Think i also heard of someone recieving a random chase via a popcultcha austrailia order. All about luck!!!

redhawk

Postby redhawk » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:59 am

Man I'll have to frequent hot topic more. I've never come across a Chase before, it took awhile to even realize what they were. But it'd be nice to say I have at least one in my collection. The DC line is my favorite so that's definitely an added plus.
My Blog: http://addictedtofunko.tumblr.com/

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:24 am

I've only found one chase in the wild which was batman at my local comic book store. I have robin and 9 in batman in chase form also but I've bought them off here.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:33 pm

I found chases at :
Barnes n noble
Journeys
Hot topic
Local comic shops like
Forbidden planet
Midtown comics
Toy Tokyo
At NYCC event.
I guess I get lucky at times
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

Nightwing84

Postby Nightwing84 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:37 pm

You guys are getting me pumped up to keep my eyes and ears open for POPs at all times! (Well, I don't know what good it will do to keep my ears open since POPs don't make noise, but...oh well, it seems like a smart idea anyway so I guess I'll just roll with it)
Looking for:
Chase Robin
Chase Wonder Woman
Chase Batgirl

Error Batman
The Riddler
The Penguin
Two Face

hikanteki

Postby hikanteki » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Wow, so many lucky people here!
In my experience...everywhere is almost equally bad. B&N was a little better as I've found two Kiss chases there (1 each at 2 different locations)...but that's over a year of looking for them. Never seen any in the wild anywhere else.
David here. Pleased to meet you! =)

Nightryda12

Postby Nightryda12 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:48 pm

I have the worst luck at finding them :(
I'm Joseph
ImageImage

akaSID
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby akaSID » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:58 pm

I have found probably a dozen or more chase pieces at HMV stores....

dmartin

Postby dmartin » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:09 pm

I look weekly..haven't seen one yet..I'm sad about this
David

Nightwing84

Postby Nightwing84 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:20 pm

I'm curious...has anyone ever asked about seeing figures from any shipments that might be waiting in the back or anything like that? I was curious if anyone had ever done this and what the experience was. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with what the employee is allowed/willing to do, but I was wondering if you told them what you were looking for and why, if they would be willing to accommodate a request like that at a chain store or if they be more likely to brush it off. I was wondering what some past experiences were before I haunt my local B&N employees, LOL
Looking for:
Chase Robin
Chase Wonder Woman
Chase Batgirl

Error Batman
The Riddler
The Penguin
Two Face

Molaxes

Postby Molaxes » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:46 am

Nightwing84 wrote:I'm curious...has anyone ever asked about seeing figures from any shipments that might be waiting in the back or anything like that? I was curious if anyone had ever done this and what the experience was. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with what the employee is allowed/willing to do, but I was wondering if you told them what you were looking for and why, if they would be willing to accommodate a request like that at a chain store or if they be more likely to brush it off. I was wondering what some past experiences were before I haunt my local B&N employees, LOL

I have asked employees at Target for Bobble chases, they usually go to the back and check but they take their sweet time doing so, cant blame them though. It has never been succesful either, I guess they either don't have them or don't really know what to look for.
Erick.

ingencorp

Postby ingencorp » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:35 am

I've never seen a Pop chase in person, let alone on a store shelf... :(

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Ive asked Journeys before which is a super fail every single time no matter which Journeys store you hit. So id skip asking any Journeys employees to be homest with you. Most employees just say all the ones on the back are the same.

I have asked B and N and they do actually go in the back and look. Never found anything though.

And as for HT they are always super accomodating. They always look in the back for me if i tell them which im looking for. My local HT is awesome because they give me a call if they find anything that "looks" important.

Doesnt hurt to ask any employees to help you look for figs, sometimes its just hard conveying to people that there are "variants."

Nightwing84

Postby Nightwing84 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Thanks for the responses everyone! You've all really been a big help. Sometimes I think I have a bit of a polarizing personality, where when I ask an employee to do me a special favor, I'm always super appreciative and friendly with them about it. Then it seems that I either get A) an employee that seems happy to be treated like a friend rather than a drone and is more likely to go out of their way to help or B) an employee that just isn't having any of it. I do see that even in different areas, certain types of stores usually promote a certain "culture" within the environment, so now I know that I could probably have some better luck with some places than others.

Geescube, like you said, sometimes when people aren't into this kind of stuff, it can be like pulling teeth describing to them what you're looking for! Even as a kid, I would call stores looking for a certain figure in a particular line and they would tell me things like "The guy in the black coat, the blue guy, the girl..." and I would be like "Why don't you just read me the name printed right next to them instead?" LOL
Looking for:
Chase Robin
Chase Wonder Woman
Chase Batgirl

Error Batman
The Riddler
The Penguin
Two Face

Joker_Heath

Postby Joker_Heath » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Not a Chase, but I did receive an Error Symbol Batman from Redford Films when I ordered just a standard Batman, needed the box for the GitD :D Now I have an error symbol that just hangs out around the house :)
Names Michael....hi :smt006

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:23 pm

I'm convinced chases don't exist in the wild in this state. No one I have spoken to has ever found one, including store employees. I have been to 2 HTs, at least 5 B&Ns (including one in a nearby state) on a fairly regular basis, Walgreens (and there are tons of Walgreens around here and all of them carry Pops), and I have never found not one chase. :/

If I ever found a chase, no matter what it is, I would buy it. I would be just so darn happy to find a chase. :D

Grail: Batman Freddy
Desperately want: Flashpoint Batman, SDCC Blue Batman.

Nightwing84

Postby Nightwing84 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:48 pm

LOL...well I just had to come back to this thread. I called my local HT and the guy knew what I was talking about. He said they didn't have any though, and whenever they get stock they immediately put it on the floor so they didn't have anything in back. B&N, though...

What a piece of work! The lady did check what was on the floor for me and also in the back, but boy oh boy, did she make it perfectly clear that I was asking her to do something "extra." After I explained it to her, she goes "So now you're telling me I have to look through 100s of boxes here on the floor to find what you're asking for?" (btw, I go to this B&N all the time and it takes like 1 minute to look through the shelves on the floor) Other than that, she was just very snarky the whole time and basically made me feel like an a-hole. It's 2 PM on a Wednesday, it's not like I called during a rush or anything like that...not to mention, I've worked in retail many times before and I never acted that way towards a customer. I may have been pulling out my hair on the inside, but would never outwardly act like that. So my first request to check for Chases in the back was a total bust!
Looking for:
Chase Robin
Chase Wonder Woman
Chase Batgirl

Error Batman
The Riddler
The Penguin
Two Face

Chemo_Nchicago

Postby Chemo_Nchicago » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:53 pm

Wow sorry she was not very nice. I've gone to HT and they actually let me look through the shipping boxes in the back by myself. No luck though.
Looking for Batman & Harley Quinn protos

I'd like to think that Freddy believes in equality for everyone.
- Anselmo

meangene
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby meangene » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Do your local Targets still carry pops? I've gone to a few in the area and I haven't been able to find any :(
Gene

Return to “Pop!”