Gargoyles???

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
NCDS

Re: Gargoyles???

Postby NCDS » Tue May 08, 2018 6:50 pm

I loved watching this show, I think I need to revisit it. I would definitely love to see Funko make these. Some shirts also.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Vin phx

Postby Vin phx » Tue May 08, 2018 6:59 pm

Man I used to watch this show so much, it would be awesome what they could do with these as pops or mini.
Pop count 1k+
Dorbz count 180
ImageImage

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue May 08, 2018 7:54 pm

NCDS wrote:I loved watching this show, I think I need to revisit it. I would definitely love to see Funko make these. Some shirts also.

i'd scarf down anything Gargoyles that they'd make. Would even be sick if they even gave them the "Savage World" treatment—That one line that's stylized like old school MOTU.
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 807 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue May 08, 2018 9:32 pm

dork_knight wrote:
NCDS wrote:I loved watching this show, I think I need to revisit it. I would definitely love to see Funko make these. Some shirts also.

i'd scarf down anything Gargoyles that they'd make. Would even be sick if they even gave them the "Savage World" treatment—That one line that's stylized like old school MOTU.

I feel like that is challenge and they should make a flower tie-dye shirt that says "Gargoyles" :devil:

I love the "Savage World" treatment idea.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

ChrisPardoooh

Postby ChrisPardoooh » Tue May 08, 2018 9:38 pm

Im so hyped about this series being made!
Funko FunKlub Member #15822
Funko Funklub 2016 Member #773

POP! count: 115
Dorbz count: 11
PoP! Milestone!
100th - Super Saiyan God Goku

ImageImageImage

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Tue May 08, 2018 9:43 pm

anime23 wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
B3ASTN3RD wrote:Seriously this cartoon was one of my favorite growing up and I have no clue how it didn't last for 100 seasons, it was maybe a head of it's time but man did I love it, with that said, Funko, shut up and take my money..lol

I agree with you 110% it only lasted what, 3 seasons?

Something happened with production. The animation changed. I hated the new animation and then it ended. Maybe it moved studios or something.

It wasn't the production, the network wanted to make serious changes to the structure of the show, something the production staff didn't want. That's why it went to The Goliath Chronicles after the first 65 were aired. They had enough for syndication, but Goliath Chronicles sucked. It was aimed at an entirely different demographic, which is why it failed.

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Tue May 08, 2018 9:45 pm

clutch09 wrote:
anime23 wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

Something happened with production. The animation changed. I hated the new animation and then it ended. Maybe it moved studios or something.

so according to IMDB, there were only 2 seasons.... season 1 had 13 episodes and season 2 had... wait for it.... 52!?!?!?!?

Check IMDB for Goliath Chronicles. That's the "third season".

gotchaz

Postby gotchaz » Tue May 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Would love a whole set. Used to watch this when I was a small lad.

anime23

Postby anime23 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:28 pm

Cephus wrote:
anime23 wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

It wasn't the production, the network wanted to make serious changes to the structure of the show, something the production staff didn't want. That's why it went to The Goliath Chronicles after the first 65 were aired. They had enough for syndication, but Goliath Chronicles sucked. It was aimed at an entirely different demographic, which is why it failed.

Hmm I don't remember it being called something different. I do remember the goliath chronicles but I thought the change in animation was during Gargoyles. But it was a long time ago and I wouldn't be surprised If I am remembering incorrectly. I can go back and watch and see. It would definitely make more sense that it was a different series because why would animation change in the middle of the same series.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:16 pm

Cephus wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
anime23 wrote:

so according to IMDB, there were only 2 seasons.... season 1 had 13 episodes and season 2 had... wait for it.... 52!?!?!?!?

It's official title was "Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles".... and I have no idea what it was about.
No need to call me sir or mister.... David is fine.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

B3ASTN3RD

Postby B3ASTN3RD » Tue May 08, 2018 11:46 pm

war2death wrote:This Artist Made the concept art last year and looks like it came true. Wondering if he got a job at Funko

https://pdj004.deviantart.com/art/Gargo ... -616771721

That's fantastic!!! I haven't seen this before, just take my money funko..lol
ImageImageImage

B3ASTN3RD

Postby B3ASTN3RD » Tue May 08, 2018 11:48 pm

clutch09 wrote:
Cephus wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

It's official title was "Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles".... and I have no idea what it was about.

I did not expect to go down the gargoyle rabbit hole but damnit I'm in!! I will have to see all the episodes again asap..lol.. I know what im doing my next day off.
ImageImageImage

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:02 am

B3ASTN3RD wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
Cephus wrote:

I did not expect to go down the gargoyle rabbit hole but damnit I'm in!! I will have to see all the episodes again asap..lol.. I know what im doing my next day off.

are they on a streaming service or do you own them?
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Wed May 09, 2018 12:06 am

Imagery wrote:I'm really hoping these are announced. It took me forever to complete the DVD set of the series because apparently due to low demand, the last volume was only a limited release. It'd be great to have them all lined up while revisiting the show (again)

I love that you have the DVDs! Something I’d like to do since I haven’t rewatched this series in an age!
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Wed May 09, 2018 12:42 am

This was on my funko wish list... so happy they're being made.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Wed May 09, 2018 12:43 am

More disney afternoon please! Mighty ducks, tale spin, more Darkwing duck!
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Thu May 10, 2018 6:29 pm

clutch09 wrote:
B3ASTN3RD wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

They've been out on DVD for years. Wouldn't mind replacing my copies with a Bluray release though.

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Cephus wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
B3ASTN3RD wrote:I did not expect to go down the gargoyle rabbit hole but damnit I'm in!! I will have to see all the episodes again asap..lol.. I know what im doing my next day off.

They've been out on DVD for years. Wouldn't mind replacing my copies with a Bluray release though.

Lol... I'm cheap... was hoping for a streaming option

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Thu May 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:
Timeforcornflakes wrote:Where was this announced? Gargoyles is definitely on my wish list.

I havent seen anything either. But this was one of my favorite cartoons growing up

Damn I completely forgot about this cartoon, I used to watch it after school growing up, now I feel old :-({|=

jjwspider

Postby jjwspider » Thu May 10, 2018 9:47 pm

war2death wrote:This Artist Made the concept art last year and looks like it came true. Wondering if he got a job at Funko

Those all look fantastic. Would love to see Goliath, Demona, Xanatos (preferably in armor) and Elisa POP. However, the key one for me would be Thailog!

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Fri May 11, 2018 10:15 am

XSRK wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:
Timeforcornflakes wrote:Where was this announced? Gargoyles is definitely on my wish list.

I havent seen anything either. But this was one of my favorite cartoons growing up

Damn I completely forgot about this cartoon, I used to watch it after school growing up, now I feel old :-({|=

Yeah I've been feeling old. The action figures were really cool specially Brooklyn. Hope we get the full line
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

B3ASTN3RD

Postby B3ASTN3RD » Mon May 14, 2018 10:14 pm

clutch09 wrote:
Cephus wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

If the FBI is reading this then yes, the DVD or blue option is the right thing to do... ok and if they stopped reading by now, theres always a way to watch anything on "streaming ".. lol ;)
ImageImageImage

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:26 pm

B3ASTN3RD wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
Cephus wrote:

If the FBI is reading this then yes, the DVD or blue option is the right thing to do... ok and if they stopped reading by now, theres always a way to watch anything on "streaming ".. lol ;)

Duly noted. Lol

superkatchick

Postby superkatchick » Mon May 14, 2018 11:29 pm

B3ASTN3RD wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
Cephus wrote:

YouTube has them pretty cheap I think it's $1.99 an episode but it would be nice if Netflix or Hulu picked it up!
Image Image

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:35 pm

superkatchick wrote:
B3ASTN3RD wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

YouTube has them pretty cheap I think it's $1.99 an episode but it would be nice if Netflix or Hulu picked it up!

oh nice!! good to know!!! thanks!!

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Tue May 15, 2018 12:18 am

Dumplingbox wrote:I want a stone version so I can mount them all over my room shelf corners.

This would be an awesome idea!
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Tue May 15, 2018 12:25 am

Am I the only one who would love these guys? :D

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:38 am

jjwspider wrote:

Those all look fantastic. Would love to see Goliath, Demona, Xanatos (preferably in armor) and Elisa POP. However, the key one for me would be Thailog!

Man, I can't wait for these!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue May 15, 2018 7:36 am

wolfy233 wrote:
jjwspider wrote:

Man, I can't wait for these!

They look awesome! Looking forward to seeing them some day on my shelf.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue May 15, 2018 7:38 am

clutch09 wrote:
superkatchick wrote:
B3ASTN3RD wrote:If the FBI is reading this then yes, the DVD or blue option is the right thing to do... ok and if they stopped reading by now, theres always a way to watch anything on "streaming ".. lol ;)

Good one!!! =D> =D> lol lol

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:19 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
superkatchick wrote:

Those are actually both good streaming options. Youtube is suprisingly good.

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Thu May 17, 2018 12:35 am

wolfy233 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

Those are actually both good streaming options. Youtube is suprisingly good.

Welp, Guess I know what I'll be watching at work tonight lol lol
Thank you Youtube

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:21 am

I just wanna see a Goliath Pop

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri May 25, 2018 8:36 am

Saw the pics floating around this morning and they look amazing!
Going by the previous pre-order list of 6 unknown POPs, it would seem we will get the rest of the team after Hudson plus Demona. No other characters were shown.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri May 25, 2018 12:30 pm

"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Fri May 25, 2018 12:35 pm

Finally! I'm so excited. I need ALL of these. I love that they did stone versions too
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Imagery wrote:Finally! I'm so excited. I need ALL of these. I love that they did stone versions too

I agree! The stone versions are pretty cool.
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

Twofu

Postby Twofu » Fri May 25, 2018 12:39 pm

Never watched the show, but man those exclusives look nice!

deejaylunchbox

Postby deejaylunchbox » Fri May 25, 2018 12:40 pm

Whys does Goliath stone version have to be Target!?!?! Arrrghhh

Need all the Stone joints and basic Goliath as well.

Maaaaaaan now i wanna go back and re-watch the series! haha
• Funko Fiends PSW President •
• Pøps.Føød.Shœs.Rεpεατ •
• there's no way everybody was Kung-Fu fighting •

ImageImage

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Fri May 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Love them all but I feel the stone demona is a bit of a waste. Also I wish she had her big gun. I feel like we will see at least one sdcc and one much exclusive from this line.

Return to “Pop!”