New Joker Movie Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
repair-manmanmanman

Re: New Joker Movie Pops

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Fri May 03, 2019 1:36 pm

chaostryder wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
kappait wrote:
I wouldn't be shocked if that was the case. The panels last year in Hall H were pretty sub par. I'm wondering if this year is different.

I guarantee Hall H will be a madhouse this year. Between GOT ending and Marvel Phase 1, we should be in line already.

Is GOT confirmed to be there already? I didn't think they would given that the show is over and there's nothing to promote further

Just hopeful speculation. I'm hoping they do a farewell panel considering they skipped last year. And if there's a panel for Dark Phoenix then Sophie Turner might already be there.
Hi, I'm CY

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Fri May 03, 2019 1:39 pm

I'd be interested for sure to see what Funko will do...Love me some Joker Pops!!
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Fri May 03, 2019 1:42 pm

I'm hoping GOT would be there. It would be a certainity that Hall H would be packed, but will the production company want to put out the money?
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

JeffylikesApples

Postby JeffylikesApples » Fri May 03, 2019 1:50 pm

Just wish DC would take movie making tips from Marvel!!!
:freddy2: My wife was right... I got addicted!

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri May 03, 2019 5:34 pm

GeekyFinds wrote:
ghostrye wrote:I agree that dc will probably have a very large sdcc presence this year.

Joker
Wonder Woman 1984
Birds of Prey

Potential announcements for other movies....they will for sure be in hall h.

I'll be content with original Birds of Prey figures not the new ones so much

Who knows....it could turn out to be awesome. I’m happy to get any movies with a large female cast. There are so many awesome heroines in the dc universe that I want to see in movies, that I really hope the movie is good so we get more.

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Fri May 03, 2019 5:37 pm

There are almost as many Jokers as people playing Batman.

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Fri May 03, 2019 5:43 pm

jenjen wrote:There are almost as many Jokers as people playing Batman.

Perfectly balanced, as all, whoops wrong franchise
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

kappait

Postby kappait » Sat May 04, 2019 9:55 am

chaostryder wrote:
kappait wrote:
I wouldn't be shocked if that was the case. The panels last year in Hall H were pretty sub par. I'm wondering if this year is different.

I guarantee Hall H will be a madhouse this year. Between GOT ending and Marvel Phase 1, we should be in line already.

Is GOT confirmed to be there already? I didn't think they would given that the show is over and there's nothing to promote further

I haven't heard anything about them being there.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

kappait

Postby kappait » Sat May 04, 2019 9:56 am

chaostryder wrote:

Just hopeful speculation. I'm hoping they do a farewell panel considering they skipped last year. And if there's a panel for Dark Phoenix then Sophie Turner might already be there.

Yeah it would make some sense to be there.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon May 06, 2019 12:22 pm

kappait wrote:
chaostryder wrote:

I haven't heard anything about them being there.

We probably won't get any confirmations until late june/early july ish.
Hi, I'm CY

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:01 am

So the final trailer is out for Joaquins Joker and IGN has released their review of the movie. IGN awarded this movie a perfect 10 And Ive rarely seen that happen. I am now intrigued to the max. If this is true then that means this movie is a peice of cinematic history and we definitely need Funko to do the honors and present us with a line. It should be simple given their close knit DC relationship. Lets gooo
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:27 pm

Joaquin Phoenix Joker should be a big hit, we need a Pop of him.

PopsAndSuds

Postby PopsAndSuds » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:31 pm

Can’t wait to see this. Should be great.

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:34 pm

I'm very much looking forward to this movie, I'm also very much looking forward to the pop possibilities as well.
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Cant't wait for this :)
ImageImage

MegaPool

Postby MegaPool » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:06 pm

Definitely gonna cop the pop when it comes out.
Hi, I'm JohnPaul IG:@M3GATRONUS

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:13 pm

I'm looking forward to this movie and will definitely pick up a POP or 2 from it.

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:53 pm

Pops for the joker movie would be awesome to see made. But I’m doubtful it will happen because it probably would of been revealed by now.

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:04 pm

angrynate wrote:I'm very much looking forward to this movie, I'm also very much looking forward to the pop possibilities as well.

I am also very excited for this movie. I would love to see a few pops from this film. There are great possibilities.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

stayf3d

Postby stayf3d » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:59 am

Cant wait to see Joaquin Phoenix's Joker, hopefully they make Pops for the film.
:freddy3:

Wondercon & SDCC since 2011
ISO: Lost & Game of Thrones Protos

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:12 am

Not sure about the pop line, but totally intrigued with the style and feel of this movie.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:18 am

CaliCollectibles wrote:Not sure about the pop line, but totally intrigued with the style and feel of this movie.

Same here, so many high ratings on this movie and since this is purely about the Joker it's definitely a must watch. I already love the look of the Joker in this, so a Pop release will be more than welcomed when it occurs.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:11 am

Sonic77 wrote:
CaliCollectibles wrote:Not sure about the pop line, but totally intrigued with the style and feel of this movie.

Same here, so many high ratings on this movie and since this is purely about the Joker it's definitely a must watch. I already love the look of the Joker in this, so a Pop release will be more than welcomed when it occurs.

I think the thing that will set this movie apart from every iteration of joker before it is it's more of a character study then a super hero movie. They really are going to explore then psychosis of what makes joker the joker. I think when they find a way to actually make you feel bad for this character. That will be what truly sets it apart from other films of the same nature. All of the reviews have said that it tackles social issues and points out the flaws in society head on. I can't wait. I already purchased my tickets
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

supenman

Postby supenman » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:16 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

I think the thing that will set this movie apart from every iteration of joker before it is it's more of a character study then a super hero movie. They really are going to explore then psychosis of what makes joker the joker. I think when they find a way to actually make you feel bad for this character. That will be what truly sets it apart from other films of the same nature. All of the reviews have said that it tackles social issues and points out the flaws in society head on. I can't wait. I already purchased my tickets

Fully agree. Got my ticket already also. I'm also excited to get pre and post Joker pops. Could get some really cool and interesting ones, maybe him painting on his face so it's half and half.
SDCC
• 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020ish, 2021ish, 2022, 2023

Funko Fundays
• 2015 - 2021: Failed
• 2022: Failed, yet I was lucky enough to attend as a +1!
• 2023: First year I was successful!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/supenman/

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:32 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

It is the only the 2nd DC movie that I'm looking forward to see..because of the character study, keeping my fingers crossed that it lives up to the hype
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:35 am

Gonna be crazy!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:37 am

I still say Heath Ledger is the greatest joker of all time, hopefully Joaquin Phoenix matches that.
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:43 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

It is the only the 2nd DC movie that I'm looking forward to see..because of the character study, keeping my fingers crossed that it lives up to the hype

Well yeah your right and if you really think hard about it.. DC really hasnt pushed for backstory on any of their characters which is what has made most of the films not make as heavy as a impact on pop culture in my opinion. I have a odd feeling that this is going to be there first film to literally knock it out the stratosphere
PopPChulo

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:41 am

supenman wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

Fully agree. Got my ticket already also. I'm also excited to get pre and post Joker pops. Could get some really cool and interesting ones, maybe him painting on his face so it's half and half.

I really hope we get something...
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:49 am

The movie is out in just over a week and still no pop announcement. Does this not look good for releases?
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:55 am

Still on the fence about this movie.

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:19 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Well yeah your right and if you really think hard about it.. DC really hasnt pushed for backstory on any of their characters which is what has made most of the films not make as heavy as a impact on pop culture in my opinion. I have a odd feeling that this is going to be there first film to literally knock it out the stratosphere

True they really haven't and I'm sure that's what hurt the previous DC movies. Rushed scripts too fast to compete with Marvel's Avengers with maybe a 1-2 minute backstory in the movie. But ya really hope this one kills it for DC.

randig

Postby randig » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:20 pm

The movie itself will of course be interesting but cant wait to see (and compare) to past joker pops!
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:58 pm

Sonic77 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

True they really haven't and I'm sure that's what hurt the previous DC movies. Rushed scripts too fast to compete with Marvel's Avengers with maybe a 1-2 minute backstory in the movie. But ya really hope this one kills it for DC.

I think what was powerful about the marvel movies is they really started with one building block at a time.. and I think that the idea to build on the universe came after they really perfected the story telling of certain characters. I think after they got Ironman down pact it was easy for them to expand
PopPChulo

Biohazard125

Postby Biohazard125 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:58 am

Would love to watch the movie and see what pops will be made.

stayf3d

Postby stayf3d » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:53 am

Nemesis989 wrote:The movie is out in just over a week and still no pop announcement. Does this not look good for releases?

Yeah does not look good, they probably would've announced it already if they had pops planned
:freddy3:

Wondercon & SDCC since 2011
ISO: Lost & Game of Thrones Protos

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:09 am

stayf3d wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:The movie is out in just over a week and still no pop announcement. Does this not look good for releases?

Yeah does not look good, they probably would've announced it already if they had pops planned

Might coming out after NYCC, maybe they didn't want to overwhelm collectors. Although Funko did announce all the triple force SW pops
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

MORTYLICIOUS

Postby MORTYLICIOUS » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:27 am

I saw the movie last night and it was amazing. Definitely think there should be Pops for it. It's not Batman Joker. It's totally different!
Image Image:freddy3:

Jwbaseketball

Postby Jwbaseketball » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:34 am

Can’t wait to see this movie!
Jordon

Iron Man, Captain America, LOTR/Hobbit Fanatic.

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:09 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
stayf3d wrote:

Might coming out after NYCC, maybe they didn't want to overwhelm collectors. Although Funko did announce all the triple force SW pops

I see there are other Joker releases, not tied directly to the movie that have been announced recently
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Return to “Pop!”