Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

What anime needs pops next?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TheStephil

Re: What anime needs pops next?

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:51 pm

PopPChulo wrote:You guys are motivating me to watch shield hero. Its next on my list. Im still plowing through Yu Yu Hakasho but ill revisit soon as i conquer it.

I binged 15 episodes this weekend (after binging Season 3 of Stranger Things.. don't judge me... I had a long vacation and needed some downtime) and it is so good. Had to stop watching and force myself to sleep. Hoping to finish it this week.
Hi, I’m Steph.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:28 pm

TheStephil wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:You guys are motivating me to watch shield hero. Its next on my list. Im still plowing through Yu Yu Hakasho but ill revisit soon as i conquer it.

I binged 15 episodes this weekend (after binging Season 3 of Stranger Things.. don't judge me... I had a long vacation and needed some downtime) and it is so good. Had to stop watching and force myself to sleep. Hoping to finish it this week.

No judgement whatsoever, and good thing for you guys is that shield hero is done for the anime season
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:29 pm

Two new animes to watch this summer season (more obviously recommended by manga readers)

Fire Force and Dr. stone

ImageImageImageImage

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:25 pm

It's honestly one of the best shows this season. Was definitely the most talked about series during SacAnime last month too. And Crunchyroll has been pushing it hard with promo at AX and for their own CRX.
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:29 pm

valorandvellum wrote:

It's honestly one of the best shows this season. Was definitely the most talked about series during SacAnime last month too. And Crunchyroll has been pushing it hard with promo at AX and for their own CRX.

Are you local to SacAnime? I live in Sacramento. :D
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:30 pm

91shawny wrote:Two new animes to watch this summer season (more obviously recommended by manga readers)

Fire Force and Dr. stone

Thanks for the recommendations. These two stood out in the brief descriptions I read.
Hi, I’m Steph.

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:35 pm

Hyperdimension Neptunia
Guru Guy: The Disney and Subscription Box Guru

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:49 am

valorandvellum wrote:

At this point I'm just hoping we get a season 2!

ImageImageImageImage

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:45 am

TheStephil wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

Oh no, I'm about a 5 hour drive away if there's no traffic lol lol But I do hope to return to SacAnime if I can get into their artist alley. Were you able to make it to this last one in June?
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:47 am

91shawny wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

I don't see how we couldn't? I can't imagine one of the most talked about series having terrible DVD sales or losing momentum right now. Also, CRX is flying out the Japanese cast. It would be crazy for them to do that and then have the studio be like, "Welp. That's all, folks!" lol

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:02 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

Oh no, I'm about a 5 hour drive away if there's no traffic lol lol But I do hope to return to SacAnime if I can get into their artist alley. Were you able to make it to this last one in June?

Yup, I went for Saturday in June. I typically make it to one SacAnime a year depending on the guests. I may go to the Winter since there are a lot of voice actors I'd like to meet. However, it depends on how SacAnime deals with the autograph issue that occurred in June and how they move forward with policy changes.
Hi, I’m Steph.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:09 pm

TheStephil wrote:Yup, I went for Saturday in June. I typically make it to one SacAnime a year depending on the guests. I may go to the Winter since there are a lot of voice actors I'd like to meet. However, it depends on how SacAnime deals with the autograph issue that occurred in June and how they move forward with policy changes.

Oh nice! Well, if you happened to walk through artist alley and saw a table with big banners of Pokémon and anime art done in a Japanese style, that was me :D

Yes, I heard about some of the voice actors not wanting to sign Pops. From what I could gather based on selling at the show, it seems like an event where the staff really listens to folks and tries to keep everyone happy. So hopefully there will be a good outcome with that.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:14 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:I haven't been able to watch final episode becuase VRV keeps telling me I need a premium membership even though I am logged in.

Let me know if you need a Crunchyroll guest pass.

For some reason I was able to watch it a few days after I posted. I still do not know what is wrong with VRV for me as I want to watch Dr Stone and the new FIre Anime but it says need premium again. VRV hasnt responded.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:15 pm

91shawny wrote:Two new animes to watch this summer season (more obviously recommended by manga readers)

Fire Force and Dr. stone

I've heard good things about Fire Force, so I am looking forward to it.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:18 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:I haven't been able to watch final episode becuase VRV keeps telling me I need a premium membership even though I am logged in.

For some reason I was able to watch it a few days after I posted. I still do not know what is wrong with VRV for me as I want to watch Dr Stone and the new FIre Anime but it says need premium again. VRV hasnt responded.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:49 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

Glad you were able to get it to work. If you need a guest pass in the future, just send me a PM with your email address.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:52 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

Glad you were able to get it to work. If you need a guest pass in the future, just send me a PM with your email address.

Awesome thank you!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:54 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
TheStephil wrote:Yup, I went for Saturday in June. I typically make it to one SacAnime a year depending on the guests. I may go to the Winter since there are a lot of voice actors I'd like to meet. However, it depends on how SacAnime deals with the autograph issue that occurred in June and how they move forward with policy changes.

Oh nice! Well, if you happened to walk through artist alley and saw a table with big banners of Pokémon and anime art done in a Japanese style, that was me :D

Yes, I heard about some of the voice actors not wanting to sign Pops. From what I could gather based on selling at the show, it seems like an event where the staff really listens to folks and tries to keep everyone happy. So hopefully there will be a good outcome with that.

I just took a peak at your instagram and I totally remember your booth! I wish I would have known who you were, I would have stopped to say hi. We hit the artist alley late in the day and we were all exhausted so we didn't get to spend as much time browsing as I like.

I think the event staff will fix the issue moving forward, they were very apologetic on facebook. I don't even care about paying for autographs, it's more the principal of the VCs changing mid show and targeting pops. I get the circumstances that led to it but I felt they could have gone a different direction (such as only personalized autographs). I like that SacAnime does free autographs but it's not the only reason I attend and if i know ahead of time that I need to pay for autographs, I'll budget accordingly.
Hi, I’m Steph.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:58 pm

Lexi wrote:

Fire Force and Dr. stone

Wow Fire Force is already almost 150 deep on the manga

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:08 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
91shawny wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

I don't see how we couldn't? I can't imagine one of the most talked about series having terrible DVD sales or losing momentum right now. Also, CRX is flying out the Japanese cast. It would be crazy for them to do that and then have the studio be like, "Welp. That's all, folks!" lol

Sigh, I wish they would've made pops to get them signed

ImageImageImageImage

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:22 pm

TheStephil wrote:I just took a peak at your instagram and I totally remember your booth! I wish I would have known who you were, I would have stopped to say hi. We hit the artist alley late in the day and we were all exhausted so we didn't get to spend as much time browsing as I like.

I think the event staff will fix the issue moving forward, they were very apologetic on facebook. I don't even care about paying for autographs, it's more the principal of the VCs changing mid show and targeting pops. I get the circumstances that led to it but I felt they could have gone a different direction (such as only personalized autographs). I like that SacAnime does free autographs but it's not the only reason I attend and if i know ahead of time that I need to pay for autographs, I'll budget accordingly.

Ahhh, would've been cool to have another Funatic stop by! Well, if I get into SacAnime Winter, maybe we can say hi to each other then :D

Yeah, I totally get the issue of wanting to know beforehand. As it turned out, there were also some issues with artist badges as well. I guess in the past, artists could also get the free autographs. But this year, some artists found out they had to pay a fee for autographs (even though we had to pay a larger cost for our table and badges than attendees). Needless to say, they weren't too happy about it. So it sounds like they were having some autograph issues all over the place. I'm sure they'll think things through a little more carefully for the next show!

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:25 pm

91shawny wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Me tooooooo. Might ask Vicky to get one of my art prints signed, but a Pop would be so much cooler. Seems like there are hardly any Shield Hero figures or anything else out right now! We need moar!

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:12 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Lexi wrote:

Fire Force and Dr. stone

Once I saw that it was from the same makers of Soul Eater I was sold.

ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:16 pm

91shawny wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Lexi wrote:

Once I saw that it was from the same makers of Soul Eater I was sold.

You and me both.

valorandvellum wrote:
91shawny wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

Me tooooooo. Might ask Vicky to get one of my art prints signed, but a Pop would be so much cooler. Seems like there are hardly any Shield Hero figures or anything else out right now! We need moar!

Really hope we get some pops. I did see that Nendroid or Good Smile put out a Naofumi and Raphtalia but I do not really collect those

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:18 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
TheStephil wrote:I just took a peak at your instagram and I totally remember your booth! I wish I would have known who you were, I would have stopped to say hi. We hit the artist alley late in the day and we were all exhausted so we didn't get to spend as much time browsing as I like.

Ahhh, would've been cool to have another Funatic stop by! Well, if I get into SacAnime Winter, maybe we can say hi to each other then :D

Yeah, I totally get the issue of wanting to know beforehand. As it turned out, there were also some issues with artist badges as well. I guess in the past, artists could also get the free autographs. But this year, some artists found out they had to pay a fee for autographs (even though we had to pay a larger cost for our table and badges than attendees). Needless to say, they weren't too happy about it. So it sounds like they were having some autograph issues all over the place. I'm sure they'll think things through a little more carefully for the next show!

Definitely! I'll keep an eye out on your instagram to see if you are going to Winter. Do you go to FanimeCon in San Jose by chance?

That's rough. Especially since the artists had no notice ahead of time. I feel like artists should get extra perks since they do pay so much and end up missing a lot of the con when they are manning their tables.
Hi, I’m Steph.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:46 pm

TheStephil wrote:Definitely! I'll keep an eye out on your instagram to see if you are going to Winter. Do you go to FanimeCon in San Jose by chance?

That's rough. Especially since the artists had no notice ahead of time. I feel like artists should get extra perks since they do pay so much and end up missing a lot of the con when they are manning their tables.

I haven't been to Fanime before, but I'm definitely gonna try applying for next year. I hear it's juried to get in so hopefully my stuff is up to snuff. I'll be at SVCC and CRX in San Jose next month though!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:23 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
TheStephil wrote:Definitely! I'll keep an eye out on your instagram to see if you are going to Winter. Do you go to FanimeCon in San Jose by chance?

I haven't been to Fanime before, but I'm definitely gonna try applying for next year. I hear it's juried to get in so hopefully my stuff is up to snuff. I'll be at SVCC and CRX in San Jose next month though!

Fanime is pretty big compared to SacAnime and it has it's own separate Artist Alley hall. I didn't know they had a juried system, that's interesting. I have not been to SVCC or CRX but I'd like to. We've been trying to limit our cons, they get expensive. Especially because I got into SDCC this year so that's going to be a big money suck moving forward.
Hi, I’m Steph.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:35 pm

TheStephil wrote:Fanime is pretty big compared to SacAnime and it has it's own separate Artist Alley hall. I didn't know they had a juried system, that's interesting. I have not been to SVCC or CRX but I'd like to. We've been trying to limit our cons, they get expensive. Especially because I got into SDCC this year so that's going to be a big money suck moving forward.

That is good to know! Thank you for the info.

I'm not sure where you stand on the subs vs dubs eternal debate, but if you enjoy subs then I'd highly recommend checking out CRX's guest list on their website. They're flying in so many Japanese guests – it's pretty impressive! And I'm sure you know Av/Beehive Collectibles. He'll be there too and selling lots of good anime Pops :-)

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:17 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
TheStephil wrote:Fanime is pretty big compared to SacAnime and it has it's own separate Artist Alley hall. I didn't know they had a juried system, that's interesting. I have not been to SVCC or CRX but I'd like to. We've been trying to limit our cons, they get expensive. Especially because I got into SDCC this year so that's going to be a big money suck moving forward.

That is good to know! Thank you for the info.

I'm not sure where you stand on the subs vs dubs eternal debate, but if you enjoy subs then I'd highly recommend checking out CRX's guest list on their website. They're flying in so many Japanese guests – it's pretty impressive! And I'm sure you know Av/Beehive Collectibles. He'll be there too and selling lots of good anime Pops :-)

I'm quite a fan of Beehive. It's my favorite place to spend my money. lol
I didn't know he was going to CRX, that's good to know.
I like both Sub and Dub for different reasons and I love Crunchyroll. I was putting off going to the convention because it is fairly new (2 years old?) and I wasn't sure how much content it would have for the price. I'll add it to my list, probably next time though.

Errr... maybe I'll have to go to this one. They have the voice actress of Moxxi from Borderlands and I didn't get her pop signed last time I saw her.
Hi, I’m Steph.

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:05 pm

I see a lot of you talking about fire force. I guess I'll have to give that a shot. Having a 2 year old run around leaves me little time to watch anything. So I have to be selective with what I watch.

kamakaziunicorn

Postby kamakaziunicorn » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:24 pm

Give me Black Clover!!!!!!!!! That is all lol
Matt - Proud Member of The KY Funko League of Awesomeness
Currently collecting all Anime Dorbz and Pops :freddy3:
Image Image

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:33 pm

TheStephil wrote:I'm quite a fan of Beehive. It's my favorite place to spend my money. lol
I like both Sub and Dub for different reasons and I love Crunchyroll. I was putting off going to the convention because it is fairly new (2 years old?) and I wasn't sure how much content it would have for the price. I'll add it to my list, probably next time though.

Errr... maybe I'll have to go to this one. They have the voice actress of Moxxi from Borderlands and I didn't get her pop signed last time I saw her.

CRX is definitely newer, but they have deep pockets and I've heard nothing but good things from otaku :-) There will be Japanese cast and crew from Shield Hero, Slime, and Mob Psycho. Oh and Japanese VA of Vegeta. I'm excited for the Pokémon English VA's too. Their artist alley is also juried so it should be some good stuff there as well (think I even saw a Disney artist that will be there??). I'm actually more excited for CRX this year than I am SDCC lol

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:36 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
TheStephil wrote:I'm quite a fan of Beehive. It's my favorite place to spend my money. lol

CRX is definitely newer, but they have deep pockets and I've heard nothing but good things from otaku :-) There will be Japanese cast and crew from Shield Hero, Slime, and Mob Psycho. Oh and Japanese VA of Vegeta. I'm excited for the Pokémon English VA's too. Their artist alley is also juried so it should be some good stuff there as well (think I even saw a Disney artist that will be there??). I'm actually more excited for CRX this year than I am SDCC lol

I have a family member that works for the San Jose convention center and she is going to try to snag me tickets. It sounds really good.
Hi, I’m Steph.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:44 pm

TheStephil wrote:I have a family member that works for the San Jose convention center and she is going to try to snag me tickets. It sounds really good.

Oh that's perfect! I'm excited to see how Crunchy City will look too. They informed artists that the artist alley area will look a little bit like a night market :D

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:00 am

Loving the fire force manga. Going to need pops ASAP

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:56 am

valorandvellum wrote:
TheStephil wrote:I have a family member that works for the San Jose convention center and she is going to try to snag me tickets. It sounds really good.

Oh that's perfect! I'm excited to see how Crunchy City will look too. They informed artists that the artist alley area will look a little bit like a night market :D

That's really cool. Hopefully it's a successful con for you.
Hi, I’m Steph.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:56 am

So im further in yu yu hakasho and ive come to the humble conclusion that we need Yoko Kurama as a con exclusive for NYCC or SDCC. come on funko
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:36 pm

PopPChulo wrote:So im further in yu yu hakasho and ive come to the humble conclusion that we need Yoko Kurama as a con exclusive for NYCC or SDCC. come on funko
It be cool if we got some of the demons they come across.
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:21 am

SazukiSenpai wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:So im further in yu yu hakasho and ive come to the humble conclusion that we need Yoko Kurama as a con exclusive for NYCC or SDCC. come on funko
It be cool if we got some of the demons they come across.

Yoko kurama is a must lol I could use a baa-san as well (genkai)

ImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:01 am

I will always fight for Macross or Robotech!

Return to “Pop!”