Your display, the Funko way!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
FerrisGuy3

Re: Your display, the Funko way!

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:35 pm

Nerdfulthingz wrote:Just wondering but has anyone ever made custom shelving for their collection? I'm thinking about making some custom shelves to fit the areas I have my collection in and just wanted to know if anyone else has attempted this?!

My dad made custom shelving for my collection. The only issue with it is that I need more of them. It’s definitely a great way to go since you can decide the dimensions. Seems with some you buy from store there is always extra space where nothing will fit
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Mon May 06, 2019 2:29 pm

FerrisGuy3 wrote:
Nerdfulthingz wrote:Just wondering but has anyone ever made custom shelving for their collection? I'm thinking about making some custom shelves to fit the areas I have my collection in and just wanted to know if anyone else has attempted this?!

My dad made custom shelving for my collection. The only issue with it is that I need more of them. It’s definitely a great way to go since you can decide the dimensions. Seems with some you buy from store there is always extra space where nothing will fit

YES! This is the issue I'm running into and I feel like I have at least 1 or 2 more rows available that I can't use just due to the standard spacing offered in my current shelves.

Can I ask what he used, do you have any photos, blueprints?! lol
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

masteryoda69

Postby masteryoda69 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:46 pm

StarWarner wrote:Most of my collection has been in moving boxes for over a year. I just started working on displaying my Disney collection. It's definitely a work in progress. I'm waiting for more bookcases to arrive this week.

This looks very similar to my wife's collection lol lol lol . Great display!!

anime23

Postby anime23 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:57 pm

ezekiel8487 wrote:
anime23 wrote:
ezekiel8487 wrote:
Im in a very similar situation unfortunately. Im renting a storage with personal things AND a ton of my Pop collection. I've though about taking them oob and condesing the boxes and inserts but it would take a looongg time.

I am going to have to move some to a storage unit soon if I don't stop lol And I live in Houston its humid here, I really don't want to do it. Even Air Con doesn't take the humidity out of the hair sometimes.

Glad the state of california doesn't really have humidity. My storage doesnt even have AC lol but AC i guess is better than no AC

Ya i moved from California.. tell me about it lol
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

tsnyder

Postby tsnyder » Mon May 06, 2019 4:23 pm

So many awesome displays. I'm actually surprised how many display OOB.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Mon May 06, 2019 6:17 pm

tsnyder wrote:So many awesome displays. I'm actually surprised how many display OOB.

Best option when running low on space lol
Plus they look good together when displaying a whole set :)
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:19 pm

Nerdfulthingz wrote:
FerrisGuy3 wrote:

YES! This is the issue I'm running into and I feel like I have at least 1 or 2 more rows available that I can't use just due to the standard spacing offered in my current shelves.

Can I ask what he used, do you have any photos, blueprints?! lol

I can figure out what he used and post some pictures later
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

HekterPopAholic

Postby HekterPopAholic » Tue May 07, 2019 2:47 am

StarWarner wrote:Most of my collection has been in moving boxes for over a year. I just started working on displaying my Disney collection. It's definitely a work in progress. I'm waiting for more bookcases to arrive this week.

I love me some Out Box Pops!
Hola!!! Me llamo HECTOR!!! I’m a recent contestant on Funko’s POP QUIZ Season 2!! Stay tuned for more!!

FUNTV SEASON 2 - https://youtu.be/57h81thV7ag

IG - LBCFunkoKings
DISNEY Pops 250
MARVEL Pops 170
DC Pops 143
Harry Potter Movie Pops 104
Funko Brand 99

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue May 07, 2019 1:19 pm

anime23 wrote:
ezekiel8487 wrote:
anime23 wrote:
I am going to have to move some to a storage unit soon if I don't stop lol And I live in Houston its humid here, I really don't want to do it. Even Air Con doesn't take the humidity out of the hair sometimes.

Glad the state of california doesn't really have humidity. My storage doesnt even have AC lol but AC i guess is better than no AC

I've had the same issue with humidity since I moved from California to North Carolina. I won't keep any Pops in my garage or a storage unit here.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

LoneWolf72

Postby LoneWolf72 » Tue May 07, 2019 2:40 pm

StarWarner wrote:
anime23 wrote:
ezekiel8487 wrote:

I've had the same issue with humidity since I moved from California to North Carolina. I won't keep any Pops in my garage or a storage unit here.

Instead she makes me build her shelves all over the house. But that's what an enabler does, right? lol
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
Funko Hollywood
FDO: Sacramento, Los Angeles (×2), and Baltimore (×2)
Fun on the Run, San Diego

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Tue May 07, 2019 3:22 pm

nice i like the open figure in front of the box.

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Wed May 08, 2019 1:10 am

akaSID wrote:My POP! so far.....
Not included in this shot are my 8 Freddy POP!, my 9"er, and my Green Lantern chase, which is on it's way!

Definitely love so many of the collections that are displayed here but this is one of my favorites and I especially love your disney line!
ImageImageImageImage

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:01 am

Never get tired of seeing all these awesome displays! Every time I get mine the way I want it, I end up adding so much I have to rearrange again :bom: Funko fun entails so much =P~
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

anime23

Postby anime23 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:52 pm

StarWarner wrote:
anime23 wrote:
ezekiel8487 wrote:

What was cool about California was any glow in the dark pops I got from HT or BL, by the time I walked from my car to my apartment in the California sun those would be lit up like Christmas lights. That is all it took, lol that CA sun. I bet Arizona is the same way.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

anime23

Postby anime23 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:54 pm

LoneWolf72 wrote:
StarWarner wrote:
anime23 wrote:

Instead she makes me build her shelves all over the house. But that's what an enabler does, right? lol

I might have to start doing that. I am nervous about storing boxes in those pop protectors with the humidity The soft ones anyway.

Image Image

HekterPopAholic

Postby HekterPopAholic » Wed May 08, 2019 1:15 pm

LoneWolf72 wrote:
StarWarner wrote:
anime23 wrote:

YES! Keep up the good work LoneWolf72! Also, careful with the stickers as they tend to come off when in storage. Happened to us in between houses and now those boxes with exclusive stickers are no more.
Hola!!! Me llamo HECTOR!!! I’m a recent contestant on Funko’s POP QUIZ Season 2!! Stay tuned for more!!

IG - LBCFunkoKings
DISNEY Pops 250
MARVEL Pops 170
DC Pops 143
Funko Brand 99

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:38 pm

I always loved (and wished I had room) the pop in front of the side of box with artwork. Its such a great look.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

anime23

Postby anime23 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:54 pm

HekterPopAholic wrote:
LoneWolf72 wrote:
StarWarner wrote:I've had the same issue with humidity since I moved from California to North Carolina. I won't keep any Pops in my garage or a storage unit here.

YES! Keep up the good work LoneWolf72! Also, careful with the stickers as they tend to come off when in storage. Happened to us in between houses and now those boxes with exclusive stickers are no more.

Oh man I didn't even think about that. I will have to go check mine maybe change them out

Image Image

Typale

Postby Typale » Wed May 08, 2019 2:17 pm

El_PANDA wrote:
akaSID wrote:My POP! so far.....
Not included in this shot are my 8 Freddy POP!, my 9"er, and my Green Lantern chase, which is on it's way!

Definitely love so many of the collections that are displayed here but this is one of my favorites and I especially love your disney line!

This looks awesome and a great collection / variety!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

makehavoc

Postby makehavoc » Wed May 08, 2019 2:21 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:

Looking good so far!

Looks great!

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:38 pm

You have a great looking collection. Congratulations.

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Wed May 08, 2019 8:09 pm

hailmary25 wrote:

I always loved (and wished I had room) the pop in front of the side of box with artwork. Its such a great look.

I have a few friends who have theirs displayed like this and I just really like it. It's going to be work in progress for awhile. I hope I have enough space to keep them like this.
ImageImage

ISO:
Maleficent Protos

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:22 pm

StarWarner wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I have a few friends who have theirs displayed like this and I just really like it. It's going to be work in progress for awhile. I hope I have enough space to keep them like this.

Space is always the problem

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Wed May 08, 2019 10:22 pm

took half a day to clean/straighten up my shelves for the #FunkoPhotoADay, and I thought I'd share with all of you! This doesn't include the two baseball bat cases :) Hope y'all enjoy

Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed May 08, 2019 10:27 pm

thefunkohunko wrote:took half a day to clean/straighten up my shelves for the #FunkoPhotoADay, and I thought I'd share with all of you! This doesn't include the two baseball bat cases :) Hope y'all enjoy

Very nice! I like the lighting :)

Kungfutoys

Postby Kungfutoys » Thu May 09, 2019 1:37 am

Coming along nice! That original Genie!
:freddy3:
Funko Funatic Since 1999
2002 FunKlub Member #0037
Funko Events Attended:
2002 1st Fundays at Sparky’s until the last Fundays at SDCC 2023
2016 Funko Fright Night
2017 Everett Headquarters Grand Opening
2018 Making Fun Hollywood Premier
2019 Hollywood Store Grand Opening
2021 FunKon Hollywood
2022 Funko Fright Night 2 NYCC
2023 Funko Fundays

Kungfutoys

Postby Kungfutoys » Thu May 09, 2019 1:40 am

thefunkohunko wrote:took half a day to clean/straighten up my shelves for the #FunkoPhotoADay, and I thought I'd share with all of you! This doesn't include the two baseball bat cases :) Hope y'all enjoy

The setup looks great! Need to get my hands on that new Jaws Pop.
Funko Funatic Since 1999
Funko Events Attended:
2016 Funko Fright Night
2021 FunKon Hollywood
2023 Funko Fundays

The Head

Postby The Head » Thu May 09, 2019 8:22 am

A couple of my new GOT displays. One expansion at work and one at home.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:15 am

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Thu May 09, 2019 7:37 pm

I really like the lights on your display. It looks awesome!
ImageImage

ISO:
Maleficent Protos

Kungfutoys

Postby Kungfutoys » Thu May 09, 2019 8:38 pm

The Head wrote:A couple of my new GOT displays. One expansion at work and one at home.

I like the throne setup!
Funko Funatic Since 1999
Funko Events Attended:
2016 Funko Fright Night
2021 FunKon Hollywood
2023 Funko Fundays

binarykaos

Postby binarykaos » Thu May 09, 2019 10:27 pm

Great looking setup!

HekterPopAholic

Postby HekterPopAholic » Fri May 10, 2019 2:37 am

WOAH!!! Now that's BRIGHT!!! Great set up thefunkohunko!

IG - LBCFunkoKings
DISNEY Pops 250
MARVEL Pops 170
DC Pops 143
Funko Brand 99

Dominican Khaleesi

Postby Dominican Khaleesi » Fri May 10, 2019 2:12 pm

Hello guys! I love the way you all display your POPS! <3 I take from this post a lot of good ideas. I don't have a really big collection, just 144 POPS, but anyways I would like to show you guys the way I display them. Recently I've been taking all of them out of their boxes and it definetly took a while.

Mags

Postby Mags » Fri May 10, 2019 2:33 pm

Dominican Khaleesi wrote:Hello guys! I love the way you all display your POPS! <3 I take from this post a lot of good ideas. I don't have a really big collection, just 144 POPS, but anyways I would like to show you guys the way I display them. Recently I've been taking all of them out of their boxes and it definetly took a while.
Spoiler: show

Your collection is stunning! I like the blend between the display cases and the more "open" displays.
And the way you integrated your books into the display? Awesome! :D

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Mags wrote:
Dominican Khaleesi wrote:Hello guys! I love the way you all display your POPS! <3 I take from this post a lot of good ideas. I don't have a really big collection, just 144 POPS, but anyways I would like to show you guys the way I display them. Recently I've been taking all of them out of their boxes and it definetly took a while.

Your collection is stunning! I like the blend between the display cases and the more "open" displays.

Feels like they are all ready to to battle

Mags

Postby Mags » Fri May 10, 2019 4:14 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Mags wrote:

Feels like they are all ready to to battle

It kinda does feel like that, doesn't it?

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:51 pm

Wow!! Im really loving the way you did the HP!!!

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat May 11, 2019 10:45 am

=D> Absolutely Perfect ... love everything about your collection and how it's displayed!!! =D>
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Sat May 11, 2019 1:18 pm

wow! Not only a beautiful display, but beautiful pictures as well!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

Return to “Pop!”