NYCC Pop Exclusives 2018

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Tany

Re: NYCC Pop Exclusives 2018 - Wave 16 - Game of Thrones

Postby Tany » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:42 pm

Tany wrote:I was doing so well not wanting/needing anything until recently...

Which night will these be going live? I have to take off work the following day so I can stay up all night lol.

Still need an answer to this probably dumb question. ;o; Is it Wednesday night like usual?
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Ohayou, I'm Tany-Chan~!!
Instagram: moonlarkly // Twitch: tanypop

*:・゚✧ ✧・゚:*

Pop #: Who knows? // First: Harley Quinn #34.
Newest: ECCC Haul // Wanted: Glitter Sailor Moon!
Holy Grails: White Raven & Amidala

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Tany wrote:

Which night will these be going live? I have to take off work the following day so I can stay up all night lol.

Still need an answer to this probably dumb question. ;o; Is it Wednesday night like usual?

I'm not completely sure, but NYCC starts October 4th, so perhaps that night or the next. I believe that's how it works.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

TJLAUTERBACH

Re: NYCC Pop Exclusives 2018

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Kfresh wrote:Interesting no NY Freddy’s this year

I still feel that Funko is not showing its complete hand. Surprises plus possibly a way to fight bots. We shall see in about a week.

jerry_finklestein

Postby jerry_finklestein » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:07 pm

That Reinhardt is so cool.

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:32 pm

The exclusives this year are definitely underwhelming... I was hoping for a walking dead, Stranger Things, as I on and maybe a Freddy but ah well. My want list:

Chrome Batman (have to get this for my son - we have all the others so this is a must)
The 2 Harry Potter (Quirrel and Hermione)
Auguery (Fantastic Beasts)
The Berric Dondarrion and GoT Directors 3 Pack (and theC Children of the Forest HBO excl)
Overwatch Reinhardt

And then if I can ...
Jabber Jaw (Brings back my childhood)
Coraline
Chrome Vegeta
Biggie Smalls
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

TheSecondKira

Postby TheSecondKira » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:36 am

It seems Hot Topic has most of my must haves: One Piece, DBZ, and DW.
I'd love to snag some Toy Tokyo ones, Jabberjaw and Gearhead too.
Started collecting: June 2015, Favorite lines: Pop Vinyl and Mystery Mini
First Pop: Heimdall, First Convention Pop: Red Eye Frieza, Fave Grail: SDCC Billy (Saw)
Favorite completed sets: Firefly, Michael Jackson, One Piece and Community, Most owned category: Animation

grasshoppa_95

Postby grasshoppa_95 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:23 am

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

I still feel that Funko is not showing its complete hand. Surprises plus possibly a way to fight bots. We shall see in about a week.

I hope so because I was wanting to see another Spastik Plastik Pop as well!
The name is Nick :hello2: I've owned Pops since 2015, but really started collecting in 2017!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Breakfast Club - Fundays 2018

drachenfells

Postby drachenfells » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:33 am

I'm pretty surprised there are no Stranger Things or Walking dead, but maybe they just want to take a break from con exclusives for those two and give other lines a chance.

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:29 am

After looking at the list of exclusives. The wonder woman and GPK is all I need :)

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:00 am

drachenfells wrote:I'm pretty surprised there are no Stranger Things or Walking dead, but maybe they just want to take a break from con exclusives for those two and give other lines a chance.

They didn’t have any TWD fo SDCC either... guess we can I’ll see how this season goes and hopefully they make more!!

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

VirulentVenom

Postby VirulentVenom » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:14 am

BillyLouis wrote:
Tany wrote:

I'm not completely sure, but NYCC starts October 4th, so perhaps that night or the next. I believe that's how it works.

For the majority of them they go live the night before the con starting around midnight through the middle of the night depending on the site. So if you need to take the rest of the day off, you should take off on Thursday October 4th.

Bruvydsb

Postby Bruvydsb » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:41 am

1st time going to a con for me and curious if there are any opportunities to buy the exclusive Pops if you did NOT win the lottery.

Any tricks I should know?

Thanks!

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:47 am

Bruvydsb wrote:1st time going to a con for me and curious if there are any opportunities to buy the exclusive Pops if you did NOT win the lottery.

Thanks!

No tricks, Funko Booth is opened most of the day for Lottery winners only. When all the lottery winners have gone through each day, the Funko Booth is then open to all attendees with whatever stock they have left for the day. Don't expect to be able to buy numbered exclusives as they allocate a certain amount each day so that lottery winners have first dibs on them. Even lottery winners are not guaranteed the numbered exclusives, so the lotto winners compete with each other to be the first people in line to have the best chance possible to buy the low count exclusives. This is just for the Funko booth, I don't know how the other exclusives will be handled. Majin Vegeta appears to be for lottery winners as well, but I don't know if they will have extra stock left over to non lotto winners. Hope this info helps.
Last edited by ryusilva23 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Met4lif

Postby Met4lif » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:49 am

Bruvydsb wrote:1st time going to a con for me and curious if there are any opportunities to buy the exclusive Pops if you did NOT win the lottery.

Thanks!

I attended the show last year and unfortunately did not win a ticket, but i was able to get everything on my list. That was thanks to some of the nice people in line. Not everyone that gets a ticket is going to buy every item. If you stand by the line of the booth and chat with some of the people in line you can usually find a few that will help you out. You can get what you are looking for at the funko shop price. The only problem is there are tons of people doing the exact same thing so just be patient and you can get it done.

Bruvydsb

Postby Bruvydsb » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:57 am

Thank you both, exactly the kind of info i was looking for.

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:21 am

Bruvydsb wrote:Thank you both, exactly the kind of info i was looking for.

Mind you, if you hound people in the Funko line you run the risk (actually they do) of not getting anything at all. Just depends, I’ve seen them say no to people buying stuff for others outside the booth.

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:20 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

The last exclusive posted "Comfy Pocahontas" states on there "the last reveal for NYCC" Sorry, no more. We Funatics always want more... let's pace ourselves, soon we won't have any more space..lol

Shertle

Postby Shertle » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Today they send out the emails for the lottery winners?

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:39 pm

Shertle wrote:Today they send out the emails for the lottery winners?

Yep! Today is the day!

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

Met4lif

Postby Met4lif » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:39 pm

Shertle wrote:Today they send out the emails for the lottery winners?

Yeah they are suppose to send out emails by 5:00 pm est

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:13 pm

conventiongeek wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

The last exclusive posted "Comfy Pocahontas" states on there "the last reveal for NYCC" Sorry, no more. We Funatics always want more... let's pace ourselves, soon we won't have any more space..lol

Maybe Funko has something up it's sleeve? There's always been a Freddy the past few cons (either Pop or Dorbz or Ride), and we haven't seen a new Spastik Plastik character given the Pop treatment yet!
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:30 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:I still feel that Funko is not showing its complete hand. Surprises plus possibly a way to fight bots. We shall see in about a week.

Maybe Funko has something up it's sleeve? There's always been a Freddy the past few cons (either Pop or Dorbz or Ride), and we haven't seen a new Spastik Plastik character given the Pop treatment yet!

It would be great to get some of those, but if there was one of everything every convention, then it may get a little over done.

Has anyone noticed the lack of Star Wars exclusives the last few convention now. Hope they are saving big for Celebration... gives me something to look forward to!

cptuff1969

Postby cptuff1969 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Really want that pizza planet ride
Image Image[/quote]

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:14 pm

I think this year's NYCC announcements were pretty laid back. Outside of the TT exclusives (specifically Biggie, Vegeta, and Batman) and Sora I don't really NEED any of the other releases, but I still want some of them. Honestly at this point, it's time to save for 12 Days of Funko so I'm counting my blessings for the "lackadaisical" announcements this con.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:19 pm

LakerSpartan117 wrote: Outside of the TT exclusives (specifically Biggie, Vegeta, and Batman)

those are 3 of the weakest though, Veggie and Batman are chrome repaints of chrome repaints and Biggie is almost identical to the common version coming out soon.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:33 pm

The lady at Hot Topic today told me their releases were pushed back to Friday the 5th
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:34 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
LakerSpartan117 wrote: Outside of the TT exclusives (specifically Biggie, Vegeta, and Batman)

those are 3 of the weakest though, Veggie and Batman are chrome repaints of chrome repaints and Biggie is almost identical to the common version coming out soon.

I was speaking from my perspective, but ok... lol

Chrome POPs are actually some of my favorite and at least they're different colors of the same mold. When you put them together they look so much better. Not really feeling the plain gold POPs for the First 10 Year Marvel POPs, but I only got Iron Man and Black Panther.

Jabberjaw and Great Ape are going to be my #1's in the end so it doesn't really matter.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:46 pm

LakerSpartan117 wrote:
I was speaking from my perspective, but ok... lol

heh, yeah I keep forgetting people can have different opinions than my own lol

I agree with you on the Great Ape though, that's the only one I actually need.

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:47 pm

I am so Glad that they are trowing the Store in advance this is actually great in my opinion
:fdo91:

Road to 1000 Marvel POP's

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Anybody get an email from NYCC
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:23 pm

conventiongeek wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:

It would be great to get some of those, but if there was one of everything every convention, then it may get a little over done.

Has anyone noticed the lack of Star Wars exclusives the last few convention now. Hope they are saving big for Celebration... gives me something to look forward to!

We shall see in a week. If they do great and if not no biggie. Money will be saved I'm sure for another million items in the future. Sales for Star wars pops have unfortunately dropped. Just go to any store and you will see a ton of them just sitting on the shelf. I do think they are saving them for Celebration next year. Still debating if I am going to go. With all the other events it is very very hard to swing another one.

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:26 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:The lady at Hot Topic today told me their releases were pushed back to Friday the 5th

Seeing that info on the interwebz too! NYCC and Target Con releases on the same day :(

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Anyone get an email yet?
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

DubJay81

Postby DubJay81 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:04 pm

No email on my part so I guess I lost oh well guess I’ll have to pay flipper prices once again.
Keep spreading that Funko Love... :freddy1:
New York Comic 2014/15/16/17/18/19/20(Virtual)
NYC Fugitive Event 2018/2019

TomThoughts

Postby TomThoughts » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:15 pm

My dad got his today. He can shop Wednesday at 10. He has no idea what to get aside from a chrome Batman for himself. He only wants to carry 4 max; what should the other 3 be?
:freddy2:
Be EXCELLENT to each other.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:31 pm

Got over9000 lottery
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:31 pm

Mysta_Rabbit wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:The lady at Hot Topic today told me their releases were pushed back to Friday the 5th

Seeing that info on the interwebz too! NYCC and Target Con releases on the same day :(

Saw that also, Funko needs to announce this ASAP. B&N is about 15-20+ minutes away depending on traffic, so I don't want to go Wednesday and they don't have them and not be able to go Friday, and I don't want to wait until Friday and find out they put them out on the original day. This is pretty stupid for them to change it after having done them the same day for every Con the past 3 or 4 years. It's going to screw up a lot of stuff because you know stores will end up doing it the day they're not supposed to.

HT is in my town so it's not such a big deal, but I can't go to B&N two days in a row...

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Just anorher week or so to go. Hope you all stateside have further clarity on the official shared exclusive drop dates and happy hunting!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:40 pm

TomThoughts wrote:My dad got his today. He can shop Wednesday at 10. He has no idea what to get aside from a chrome Batman for himself. He only wants to carry 4 max; what should the other 3 be?

If you are looking for hard to get things to trade or help others i would recommend these.

Toy Toyko BIG
Toy Tokyo Blue Vegeta
the glow in the dark LE 1000 thing

if you are looking to sell on ebay and have an ebay store then i recommend the funko cereal.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:00 pm

TomThoughts wrote:My dad got his today. He can shop Wednesday at 10. He has no idea what to get aside from a chrome Batman for himself. He only wants to carry 4 max; what should the other 3 be?

Wednesday at 10? The con doesn’t even start until Thursday?

Return to “Pop!”